The November 2015 Open Pre and Live Trip Reports

So did the slideout, um, slide out? Inquiring minds want to know. :surfweb: Bama Ed

It's out most of the way. We are missing a few inches but it isn't a huge deal for now. We can live with it for the week, my biggest concern is it coming back in when it is time to leave. We have been stranded a few times when it got stuck halfway in and halfway out. We are going to put it in Saturday so we have time to deal with it if it doesn't come in okay. We plan to pull out at 6 am on sunday the 6th and I do not want to get up early and find out it won't come in!

Quick recap for the ride home. Driving on Thanksgiving was awesome. We really did not hit much traffic. Yeti could have enjoyed freedom as i forgot to close the crate, but he stayed in it until we stopped in Macon at the last rest area for us on 475.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I spent the whole time in Florida looking for Ruthies, it made the time go by nicely. Then we stopped for gas at exit 11 in GA, we were making decent time at that point. I was really worried about the turnpike but it was fine. We always stop at the rest area on 475. It is the last chance we have before you hit atlanta nuttiness. Ruthies, I highly suggest this. There is construction at 216, the tanger outlets are 212 and that is where the backup starts. It is usually not as bad going 75N but you can still get SCREWED. Based on your plan you will hit it about 1 pm on Sunday, am guessing construction will be going on and it will be slow.

We got to the High School at 7:10pm so 8 hours and 10 min not bad at all. THe HS is next door to the neighborhood. It is very convienent to unhitch there and then go home. My biggest concern was the holiday and our usual spot to park being used by the neighbors. I went in first so that i could call bert and let him know where to park. This time it would have to be at the clubhouse. We were prepared for that. When packing up we put everything for the house except the dogs into the Rav. THe only problem is i had to unload the rav at home so that i could get to the clubhouse and have space for a mallory and a dog bed. I dumped everything right in the front door. We got settled and our thanksgiving dinner was leftover kielbasa. My mom was kind enough to wait till Sunday to have thanksgiving when we were back.

Got up this morning and put the rig in storage, have to go out one of our free weekends to do some maintenance and will do some more cleaning. We should have it back out to go to Disney for Jan. I did manage to elpitical today. It was not fast but i was happy to do something and i felt good. I am going to hit the treadmill tomorrow to see how everything feels. I dislike the TM but i dont want to strand myself somewhere if i cant go to far.

@ruthies12 do you have a RV repair person in mind and are they available for Saturday if you guys can't get the slide out back in? The over planner in me had to ask this. Hope your having a grand time.

Thanks for the great trip report and dog pics @garneska. Glad you all made it home safe and sound. Looks like Yeti needs a spa visit. Looking forward to meeting you, Bert, Mallory & Yeti in January.

I used Camping Connection on a prior trip Ruthies, they did a great job. Hope you don't need anybody though.

Thank you both! I was actually coming on here to see if anybody had suggestions and numbers for who to call cause we really don't want to get stuck. I will look into this Camping Connections and if anyone has more suggestions it would be appreciated. I think I'll call Monday or Tuesday and see about getting someone scheduled for Saturday, then we can cancel if they end up not being needed.

We are having an awesome time and I can officially say I LOVE THE FORT! This is the best campground ever. Yesterday we did chef mickeys in the morning for a late breakfast, the girls loved the boat ride. Then I took dd2 on a pony ride. Then we spent the afternoon at the meadows pool, it was pretty crowded. Not overly so but a lot of people. Then we went looping and dd2 actually fell asleep in the golf cart still sitting up lol! She woke up at the campfire but then was grumpy for a bit. She perked up when Chip came up and started playing with her.

The campfire was very, very packed. We ended up getting there at 6 and I'm glad we were that early. There weren't too many people at 6. We got seats on a bench and chip and dale came out early and played games with the kids. By the time they came back out with the guy singing, the placed was completely filled and overflowed. We got dale's autograph, sang a few songs and then gave out good seats to another family who were there were for their last night to watch the movie. Then we came back to bed early cause we are leaving for Universal very early this morning.

We celebrated thanksgiving tonight with my family. Thought you all might enjoy the pic of yeti just waiting for my brother to drop some of the turkey he was carving.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

We did spend some time brushing Yeti. He still has twigs but it is getting better.

Not much time to post because I have to go get my laundry out of the dryer at the comfort station but had to share this with people who would appreciate it. Pre-opening MK ADR at BOG this morning so we took the boat to the contemporary. Sitting on the boat with my oldest next to me in her elsa gown and the youngest in my lap holding her blanky and babbling about seeing the castle, with the whole day ahead of us, and I turn around to look at the Fort dock and see the sun just peaking up over the trees as we are pull out into the lake.
This was only the first of our perfect Disney moments today

A morning sunrise on the lake is hard to beat. Just says "your day of fun is just beginning..."

Sorry I haven't posted all week. First of all we've been extremely busy! I thought we'd spend more time at the camper than we have but we have been having way too much fun. I'll have a ton of pics and reports when I get back home. And second I thought you all were exaggerating about the sucky internet here at the fort, you weren't!!

I thought you all were exaggerating about the sucky internet here at the fort, you weren't!!

Yea, that is why I tether to my phone. We never did get connected while there last Feb with the cable modem.

Glad to hear you and your family are having a great time!

Sure hope your slide out goes back in for you today.

Safe travels for tomorrow and looking forward to your pictures.

Good news, the slideout is in!!

For our last day we had an awesome breakfast at trails end, then went to animal kingdom, which was great. We came back an hour ago to get packed up. Took a few resets on the controller but we got the slideout to go all the way in. I'm sooooo relieved.

Now we are debating between disney springs or campfire singalong for our last evening.

Thanks everyone! I'll post pics when we get home, though I'm sure I'll get bored and do some posting on the drive tomorrow too.

Next up- shopping for my new camper cause this was the last straw, I'm so done with this one as much as I love the layout

Ruthies be safe on the drive and I pray to the Atlanta construction gods you get through. Remember the backup usually starts at exit 212 and construction begins at 216. It goes about 10 miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter