The November 2015 Open Pre and Live Trip Reports

G719

DIS Veteran
Hello all! Figured we'd follow in October's footsteps and start a thread for the November trips. We know how everyone stuck at home enjoys a peek at what's happening at the fort.

I'll start with a little pre trip introduction. This will be our 3rd Disney trip but only the 1st to the Fort. We had a trailer for 5 years but decided to the sell it last year. We haven't bought another yet but we've been looking. Since we still enjoy the camping life, we've been staying at cabins when we get the camping itch. So the cabins at the Fort was an obvious choice for us. The kids voted for AKL but were won over with the renting of a golf cart. There will be 4 of us on this trip- me, DH, DD10, DD7.

So who's in for November? I'll be back later to share plans, etc.

G719,
Good of you to get things kicked off. Hate you sold the trailer, but at least you're still giving the Fort a try. You will not regret it. Trail's End for dinner is a must if you haven't done it before. The kids look like they were pretty tired in that last one.

I'm tuning in to follow along with everyone.

G719,
Good of you to get things kicked off. Hate you sold the trailer, but at least you're still giving the Fort a try. You will not regret it. Trail's End for dinner is a must if you haven't done it before. The kids look like they were pretty tired in that last one.

I'm tuning in to follow along with everyone.
That last picture was the tail end of a Hershey, PA trip so that's what a chocolate coma looks like. We highly recommend Hersheypark and the Hersheypark camping resort to fellow campers. I enjoy that picture because they had a nice bunk house section of the camper and slept on the floor.

Last edited:

G719, you got your pix posted. Now we expect more pix in the future.

So the November Live thread is getting fired up? I may have to pace myself this month. In other words, I may have to pop my corn SLOWLY this time around.

Bama Ed

Woohoo! Thanks for kicking off a November thread! I love the chocolate coma picture! I'd like to get to Hershey Park at some point, I think we'd like it.

This will be our fourth Disney trip, but first to the fort. We always stayed at Pop before. We live 5 minutes from an airport but now that we need 4 tickets, it finally put the cost of gas lower than flying and I talked DH into making the 14 hour drive. It is me, DH, DD6 and DD2. We are leaving our furbaby at home this trip since we plan to be in the parks most of the day and she'd be all alone. I have a college aged nephew who will house and dog sit and my dog LOVES him so she'll be much happier here than sitting in the camper by herself.

Speaking of campers, here is ours. I love the layout of it. We used to have a class C and upgraded to this two years ago. I love the outside kitchen and there aren't many class A's with outside kitchens. Add in the King size bed and bunkbeds for the kids and it was love at first sight for me!

DH took care of filling the propane and gas tank last weekend and is getting an oil change next week. I've been busy getting things ready inside with cleaning and packing. Here is a pic of the carseats I posted in the other thread with the blankets, pillows, activity books, snacks, and two new plush dolls for cuddling with. I also have treat bags for every couple of hours with different trinket toys and I have some new movies that they haven't seen yet, two of which are Mickey Christmas stories. Fourteen hours is a long time in a carseat! DH and I both drive our RV so we will switch off and do the drive all in one day, plan to leave at 4 am and hope to pull into the fort by 6 pm.

I have Tinker Bell gifts for each day of our trip- first night princess gowns and new toothbrushes, first morning autograph books, etc. I wrapped them in some handmade green paper I found at a local craft store and have some gold glitter to scatter around. Can't wait to see the look on DD's face!

On the Thursday of our trip it is DD's 7th birthday and my birthday as well. Tinker Bell will be delivering matching tiaras for us (and littlest DD too cause I couldn't leave her out) as well as a bunch of gifts for DD6 from the princesses. Each gift was wrapped in the princesses colors- ariel gown in green and purple, pink cape in pink from Aurora, crystal apple in red, blue and yellow from Snow White, books wrapped in gold from Belle, and a silver jewelry box with a Wishing Star necklace from Cinderella wrapped in silver.

On our last trip a waitress gave a birthday card to my mom for her bday and it was signed by these 5 princesses so that is why she is getting gifts just from them and not from others, because I have this signed card to go with the gifts. And obviously I have too much time on my hands :rolleyes1

I"m in! We leave tomorrow morning!!! It's me, DH, DD7 and DS5 and we are staying at Pop Century - 1st time there for us. On Saturday my parents arrive along with my brother and his wife and DD6. I'm so excited and think I have everything ready!
I don't have any pictures to post at the moment since I'm not home but I love the pictures here. Love seeing the campers! We will be at the Fort tomorrow night for the backyard bbq.

This is our 5th trip in as many years. I had been 2 other times when I was younger but DH was never even there until I took him and now I have him hooked! My brother to his DD to MK for 2 days in Feb. of this year but other than that, everything else is a first for her and SIL with this trip.

Come on and get me through this work day!

Love all the princess goodies! My oldest is 10 so she is feeling too old for all that. Our trip is Nov 14-21.

Yeah I have a feeling this will be my last year with oldest DD into princesses. She is already more excited about getting to go on the minion ride on the universal part of our trip than she is about the lunch at CRT on our birthday!

Woohoo! Thanks for kicking off a November thread! I love the chocolate coma picture! I'd like to get to Hershey Park at some point, I think we'd like it.

This will be our fourth Disney trip, but first to the fort. We always stayed at Pop before. We live 5 minutes from an airport but now that we need 4 tickets, it finally put the cost of gas lower than flying and I talked DH into making the 14 hour drive. It is me, DH, DD6 and DD2. We are leaving our furbaby at home this trip since we plan to be in the parks most of the day and she'd be all alone. I have a college aged nephew who will house and dog sit and my dog LOVES him so she'll be much happier here than sitting in the camper by herself.

Speaking of campers, here is ours. I love the layout of it. We used to have a class C and upgraded to this two years ago. I love the outside kitchen and there aren't many class A's with outside kitchens. Add in the King size bed and bunkbeds for the kids and it was love at first sight for me!

DH took care of filling the propane and gas tank last weekend and is getting an oil change next week. I've been busy getting things ready inside with cleaning and packing. Here is a pic of the carseats I posted in the other thread with the blankets, pillows, activity books, snacks, and two new plush dolls for cuddling with. I also have treat bags for every couple of hours with different trinket toys and I have some new movies that they haven't seen yet, two of which are Mickey Christmas stories. Fourteen hours is a long time in a carseat! DH and I both drive our RV so we will switch off and do the drive all in one day, plan to leave at 4 am and hope to pull into the fort by 6 pm.

That is a sweet class A layout for family of four....king bed, bunks, and outdoor kitchen...pretty sweet! Have a great trip! We'll be following along.

Ruthies12, love all the princess stuff you have, it's awesome! We left today! Ran into traffic around D.C. but made it to the Virginia/NC state line. Saw a Laredo with a fort tire cover!

4077 - Yeah we love that layout a lot. Unfortunately we've had a ton of problems with the slide out and we've been looking to get a new camper, but can't find anything else we like as well. It sucks. I literally hold my breath every time I push the slide button cause I never know if it is going to go out or not. We've been stranded twice when the slide got stuck halfway in and halfway out. I know a lot of people swear Thor has great customer service, but our experience with them has not been good to put it lightly.

But the layout can't be beat! It has an electric drop down bunk in the front that the kids use as their fort/playroom. They love that. I really don't know how we are ever going to find anything we like as much, especially in a gas engine.

Squrl- Safe travels! Let us know where you end up and how check in goes!

4077 - Yeah we love that layout a lot. Unfortunately we've had a ton of problems with the slide out and we've been looking to get a new camper, but can't find anything else we like as well. It sucks. I literally hold my breath every time I push the slide button cause I never know if it is going to go out or not. We've been stranded twice when the slide got stuck halfway in and halfway out. I know a lot of people swear Thor has great customer service, but our experience with them has not been good to put it lightly.

But the layout can't be beat! It has an electric drop down bunk in the front that the kids use as their fort/playroom. They love that. I really don't know how we are ever going to find anything we like as much, especially in a gas engine.

Squrl- Safe travels! Let us know where you end up and how check in goes!
The slides on our trailer never worked every time. My husband would have to crawl under and do something to get it moving. Not sure what he did. He's the mechanical one not me.

Since we are 2 weeks away, it's time to start packing! Oh who am I kidding, I started awhile ago. My youngest has had her bag packed since August. All the essentials: little mermaid costume and Mickey gloves.
Here's a few extras I got just for this trip that I thought would be handy at the fort:
739717.jpg 252631_29208_41.jpg
Marshmallow sticks for the campfires that I can fit in my suitcase. I think it's okay in the checked luggage. And an outdoor blanket for the movie and the golf cart.

The DW and I are at the Mt Pleasant KOA. (checked in Friday evening). Spent today visiting Fort Sumter and riding and walking through old Charleston. This is our first time hear and are already making plans to return in the spring. Had a late lunch at Poe's Tavern. Check out Monday and head down to Sebastian Inlet State Park Florida for a couple of days riding the A1A. We will be checking into the Fort hopefully early on Wednesday November 4th.

Fort%20Sumter_zpsbzxl0sxn.jpg

Fort%20Sumter%20gun_zpsju6c4qdm.jpg

From%20the%20Battery_zpsby6qq33q.jpg

Poes%20Tavern_zpsab0leeu4.jpg

old%20Charleston_zpsxqbl8sql.jpg

Rainbow%20Row_zpss10wogrm.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter