The nicest thing another guest (not CM) did for you at a Disney Park?

We were given fastpasses on our first trip with our DS's by someone who didn't need their's.
The nicest thing, in my opinion though, happened on our last trip. We were at MNSSHP and I had riden Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. I was dressed as the Blue Fairy, and in a matron of honor dress that went to the ground. When I went to get out of the car, I stepped on the dress and went straight on my rear back into the car. A nice man dressed as Willy Wonka, offered me his hand, and helped me out of the car.

My ds loves to play carnival games like the ones at AK, Boardwalk, etc. Except he usually doesnt like the prizes, and he wins quite often.
He hangs on to whatever he wins and looks for someone to give it to. He's given them to crying kids, toddlers, kids in wheelchairs, etc. He tells me it makes him feel good to give things to people.
I would like to take credit for him doing this, but he thought it up on his own and has been doing it for a few years already. :love: I love seeing how happy it makes him....happier than actually winning something.

My littlest DD was 3 at the time and she and her older brother were walking ahead of us into a building in Animal Kingdom... She tried to run away from him and he quickly grabbed her hand.. In the process she must of twisted her body to try and make a break for it....gotta love 3 years olds!

The end result was a crying 3 year old who sprained her wrist and elbow..
So while we were sitting on a bench waiting for help, a stranger came up to see what was wrong- and see if she was ok.. He gave her a pooh pin off his bag, rumblyinmytumbly pin to be exact and she calmed down immediately-
she still carries her pin with her..

Bumping Again!

It is okay to toot your own horn as well.

:mickeyjum :hmghost: :tigger: :stitch:

If it is OK to toot my horn, I found wallet with over $200 (didn't count) with a lot of credit cards and ID. Also in it was an electronic resort key that I realized was same resort as we were staying at, so put wallet in pocket and on returning to resort had them call his room (from ID) and left message. He met me at resort pool. Should have seen his face when after identifing himself handed him his wallet. Turned out he had all his ID in it and was worried he would not be able to board plane to go home. It made his day and mine too but I am sure he was worried for a while.

On our honeymoon, we were having a great night at Epcot (despite a complete downpour and ridiculous humidity). We tried for fastpasses for ToT but missed out and figured we wouldn't be able to ride as standby was over an hour and a half (and I've got a bladder the size of a thimble)....

As we were walking away a family came out of the ride and gave us their fastpasses as they couldn't stay for the rest of the evening.

That made our night!

My ds loves to play carnival games like the ones at AK, Boardwalk, etc. Except he usually doesnt like the prizes, and he wins quite often.
He hangs on to whatever he wins and looks for someone to give it to. He's given them to crying kids, toddlers, kids in wheelchairs, etc. He tells me it makes him feel good to give things to people.
I would like to take credit for him doing this, but he thought it up on his own and has been doing it for a few years already. :love: I love seeing how happy it makes him....happier than actually winning something.

This made me remember a very generous act and it may have been your son. DD loves to play the games at AK (Mastadon Race, where you roll the balls and make the mastadon move across the board) and wants me to play so she can win something, (way too much stress). Anyway, we lost to a young man and my daughter was disappointed, but the young man came over and offered her the stuffed animal. I thought that was so nice of him and DW and I talk about him on every trip since then. Anyway, DD says no because she wants to win one. She was crying so I didn't want to get into being a gracious loser and apprecaiting the gesture (although we did talk about it later). So we thanked him for his offer but said no. Then we won the next round.

If this was your son, thank him again for his offer. If not, then let me just say he deserves credit for being a fine young man and you deserve credit for raising him.

Someone walked up to us and gave us their FP's for the Rockin Rollercoaster on Sunday. They were leaving and weren't going to wait the 20min for the FP time.

Our FP's were 2+hrs later, so I took the two and gave ours to a couple of kids over by the FP machines (which were already closed for the day). :)

This made me remember a very generous act and it may have been your son. ...snip....

If this was your son, thank him again for his offer. If not, then let me just say he deserves credit for being a fine young man and you deserve credit for raising him.

If it was around spring break in either 2004 or 2006, it could have been Sam.

Thanks for the compliment...I am very proud of him.

My favorite memory:

About three years ago my daughter and I were waiting on line behind an older woman and a young family. It was obvious that the woman had gone through great pains to dress nicely and her appearance was impeccable. I just had to tap her on the shoulder and tell her how very nice she looked. She stared at me for a quick moment and thanked me profusely. She then proceeded to tell me that her husband had just died and that she hesitated to come on the family trip without him. Of course it had always been him to tell her how nice she looked and she said my stopping to tell her was as if he was reminding her from heaven. Of course we both had tears in our eyes and exchanged hugs.

Now you may think this is a story of ME doing something nice for someone..but it is the opposite. That woman sharing her story with me, hugging me..left me with the greatest sense of happiness and thankfulness that day. My daughter and I were awed that somehow we were in the right place at the right time and given just the right words to say.

Our trip in August was FILLED with wonderful guest experiences:goodvibes :flower3: from adding us to their party to get good seats to wonderful recommendations. The best probably was deciding to wait 60 minutes to ride Soarin and having another family that 2 family members changed their minds and didn't want to use their fast passes hand them to us to get on right then without a wait. It had been a very hot day and Soarin was our favorite ride, I can't thank them enough:worship:

My favorite memory:

About three years ago my daughter and I were waiting on line behind an older woman and a young family. It was obvious that the woman had gone through great pains to dress nicely and her appearance was impeccable. I just had to tap her on the shoulder and tell her how very nice she looked. She stared at me for a quick moment and thanked me profusely. She then proceeded to tell me that her husband had just died and that she hesitated to come on the family trip without him. Of course it had always been him to tell her how nice she looked and she said my stopping to tell her was as if he was reminding her from heaven. Of course we both had tears in our eyes and exchanged hugs.

Now you may think this is a story of ME doing something nice for someone..but it is the opposite. That woman sharing her story with me, hugging me..left me with the greatest sense of happiness and thankfulness that day. My daughter and I were awed that somehow we were in the right place at the right time and given just the right words to say.

:sad:

1st trip...someone turned in the camera bag with our camera and all of our lenses that dh had left at Country Bears

Recieved FPs from people last June (we always do this when we have leftovers...it was *very* nice to see how good it makes someone else feel when we were the recievers...now we know we're making other people's trips special)

Last trip a little girl about the same age as my youngest dd gave her a very pretty Belle balloon. It was made out of those long, skinny balloons that clowns use to make dogs, flowers, etc. But it was a complete, really cute one of Belle (brown hair, skin tone face, red rose, yellow dress). It was very nice of the girl to do it. It was her last day at WDW and she wanted someone else to enjoy her special treat.

We had waited in line 45 minutes for the flying dumbo ride. We were just about to board when my son said he had to go potty. The CM let me take him then let him go on w/out waiting in line. That was 13 yrs ago and it really stands out in my memory.

I notice everyone is really pleased when someone give them fastpasses.

After reading on the Dis about the giving away of fastpasses, I thought I would do this as three of us in our party of five dont ride much. So, every ride my two DS went on I have three spare fastpasses. We were visiting for two weeks so there were plenty of them too.

I looked every time for 3 people going up to the standby lane. Most people I approached looked at my like I was mad, some obviously didnt realise what i was giving them and the people who did take them, although they did say thanks, didnt actually seem very pleased:confused3 Some even practically ran away from me.

:

I had the same thing happen to me! I couldn't use my instant fastpasses that I recieved after attending a DVC tour so I wanted to give them away. I saw a couple right by where you get your bags checked before going into the MK, asked if they were going into the park and they said NO and looked at me oddly. I stopped another couple getting off of a bus to offer them the passes and they looked at me like I was going to mug them! After a brief explaination I got an "um, thankyou?" and they were on their way... :confused3

I know this is supposed not be cm's helping, but I need to share this story- about a year ago my mom and I were heading toward the MK off the monorail and my mom starting getting really tired and it was hurting her to walk- (she had cancer a few years ago and ever since she had her chemo and radiation she has very little energy) well we walked about half way and she started crying because she was hurting so much- I ran to the security guard and asked her where the nearest place was to rent a wheel chair was... she was starting to give me directions when she saw my mom limping towards us...out of nowhere she gets a wheelchair and lets us through the gate, I offered to pay for the rental and she said don't worry about that... I offered to open my purse (as we would not be going though bag check) and she said "I trust you, have a magical day" At this point my mom is crying because she hates to ask for help and was embarrsed that I stopped to ask for help for her...the security guard said please don't be embaressed, we all need help...

On a positive note my mom says that I was not a very good driver... LOL, she kept thinking I was going to run everyone over..In my defense I never did run anyone over...

I will never forget that ever...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter