The nicest thing another guest (not CM) did for you at a Disney Park?

acourtwdw

DIS Veteran
Inspired by the worst behavior thread. What is the nicest thing another guest has done for your and/or your family at a Disney Park? I think this would be an interesting thread. With so many people saying that manners are a thing of the past, let us see that they aren't.

On our trip in October, as we entered Captain Cook's at the Poly, a man handed us several soft drink cups. Seems that he was leaving that day & got these with leftover snack credits to share in a random act of kindness. It was a nice surprise.

We've been the recepients of fastpasses that others have gotten, but weren't going to use.

These were fun surprises, but I've gotten the most joy out of just conversing with other families in line and while waiting for parades or fireworks. Most people are very kind and courteous. It's just a few bad apples that can make it seem like manners are going to hades in a handbasket.

Inspired by the worst behavior thread. What is the nicest thing another guest has done for your and/or your family at a Disney Park? I think this would be an interesting thread. With so many people saying that manners are a thing of the past, let us see that they aren't.

We've gotten fast passes too as we were getting in line for Soarin' and Space Mountain, and we always try to give back if we've gotten fast passes and aren't going to use them. :goodvibes

At the MNSSHP in '06 my DD, who was 9 at the time, was two rows back with me and couldn't see a thing so this wonderful woman with small children there asked if it'd be alright if my DD stood against the rope with her children so she could see better. My daughter had a prime view for the whole parade and got to hold out her bag for treats at the end.

My mom is disabled with Spinal Stenosis and has to use an ECV and she accidentally got ran off the curb on Main Street and two strangers helped her immediately. My father was in the store with my DD and I so she was alone and feeling very embarrassed, but the people were very kind to her.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind right away. We always buy those glow sticks at the dollar store or Wal Mart before we go and give them away to kids as we're leaving for the night. My DD loves being able to share and brighten a child's night. We often see them on the monorail later on playing with them, or bus if we're on site.

Randomly, I want a frozen latte from MK right now. :banana:

While waiting for astro orbiter i got pooped on by a bird and almost everyone waiting with me and my mom started handing me napkins, baby wipes, and sanitizer. I thought that was nice since i was wearing a tanktop and i didnt have anything with me.

We had a lot of nice things done to/for us by guests on our recent trip (our first ever but hopefully not our last)! One of the first things that comes to mind is the couple who held one of our strollers for us one night on the bus back to Pop. It had been a long day in the park, and we were run ragged (just like everyone else). It was either our first or second night at WDW and we were overwhelmed with the logisitics of dealing with it all--especially the busses and all our stuff. (We had a rental car most of the time, but this night we didn't.) The bus was nearly full when we got on, so we figured we would have to stand. We had two strollers, a backpack, and two kids (5 & 17m) to keep up with. As we were finding a place to stand and balance our stuff, a super nice couple took one of our strollers to help us out. I thought they were just holding it for dh while he got set. But instead they insisted on keeping it for us the whole time! They were sitting and had a good spot to lean it against the wall. I was soooo thankful for their help and I thanked them endlessly. (It seems like I even ended up getting a seat that night, too, but I know dh stood.)

Another man helped dh get the strollers on the tram one night. We walked up right as the tram was boarding, so we had to quickly unload the baby and fold her stroller. Another guest could see that I was struggling to hold the baby and get my 5 year old on while dh was quickly folding the one stroller and handing them both up. So this man a seat or two back jumped up and helped dh get our stuff on. Again, I was so thankful for the kindness of a total stranger. In hind site, we probably could have done it all ourselves and handled it fine, but we were so worried about holding up the tram that we went into crazy mode trying to get all our stuff on there quickly.

During our trip, I tried to return the favor to other people, especially people struggling on the busses. That part stressed me out the most, so I tried to help others when I could. For example, if the bus was crowded and I was lucky enough to get a seat, I would hold the baby and have my 5 year old stand in front of me or sit on my knee so that someone else and her kids could sit down. Unless the bus was empty, I never let my dd have her own seat. My dh always stood, too.

Oh, one other really nice thing that happened to us...we were trying to find somewhere to watch the MK parade one afternoon. It was getting close to 3:00 so we knew we would likely not get a front row seat and that was okay with us. We walked up behind some people and we could see really well over them (they were sitting down, so our kids could even see from their strollers), so we were happy. There was a couple in front of us who were standing next to the sitting people and they insisted that we push our two strollers up in front of them so our kids could see better. We told them several times that we were fine and thanked them for the offer. But they wouldn't take no for an answer. They insisted that our whole family get in front of them. So we basically traded spots with them. It was a totally unexpected surprise. We really enjoyed our front row "seats." Of course, we thanked them profusely and they said they wouldn't have it any other way.

Overall, we met lots of super nice guests at WDW!

On our trip last month, we went into EPCOT on our first night so I could get my churro fix in Mexico :) The woman in front of us in line asked if we wanted a soda- she was leaving the next day and needed to use up snack credits. It was very sweet of her :) In the spirit of paying it forward, DH and I helped a young girl and her friend find her dad after the castle lighting show one night. The 2 girls didn't have a cell phone, and were w/us in front of the castle, and dad was n Fantasyland and couldn't get to them. It was a little stressful, but in the end everyone met up- yay cell phones!! :)

We also had a blast on this trip striking up conversations with other people in line, or on the streets waiting for shows.

On our honeymoon last year, we had a couple leaving EPCOT during EMH hand us a pair of Test Track FPs- which was especially awesome, b/c there were none left for the night when we got there! We wouldn't have gotten to ride otherwise!

On our trip last year, we got stuck in the rain (one of those huge down pours) at Epcot. I was shopping at WS, and DH was waiting for me while having a cold one at the Rose & Crown. We were both happy! He called me to ask how I was getting along because our dinner reservation was upon us. We were celebrating our anniversary. I told him that I was going to stay put until the rain let up since I had no intention of buying a poncho. Since there were several people shopping instead of being in the rain, a woman standing near me overheard my conversation and insisted that I take her poncho and go! She said that this was her last night at WDW, and she wasn't going to be using her Mickey Mouse poncho any time again soon, so she was happy to give it to me! It was so sweet of her! She insisted that we didn't lose our anniversary dinner reservations. I'll never forget that! Sure enough, once our dinner was over the sky was all sunny again. I kept looking to see if I could find her to return the poncho to her, but I never saw her again. It was a great anniversary! The kindness of a stranger made it even more special.

This didn't happen to me, but we were walking behind a family at Epcot, and I overheard them talking about someone who had given them the leftover credits from their dining plan.

A family gave ours some fastpasses they weren't using, which was great!

The best feeling I got, though, was when I gave a family some fastpasses we weren't going to use! I still remember their smiles!!1

The first time DH came to WDW with me and our DS (4 at the time) we were leaving Epcot one night and he started to take the stroller back to turn it in. It was around dinner time and people were still pouring in. I told him to wait a minute and kept pushing the stroller toward the exit. He can't figure out what I'm up to. We get up to the exit and I spy a lady and her small daughter heading over to get a stroller. I gave her mine so she could avoid the wait/walk with her little one. She was so grateful and my husband was like "Ohhhhhhh". I told him that had been done for me a couple of times when I went with DSis and my son was a toddler. Most of the time people have already paid for their stroller; this just saves them time when their kids are anxious to let the fun begin.

My first trip to Disney as an adult I had my dd3 at the time in a stroller and my backpack filled with anything and everything and more junk you dont really need, We were leaving the park on a very busy night at closing and
X-boyfriend beside us complaining about everything and all the sudden the backpack breaks everything falls out , camera, cash , snacks, ten thousand people behind us and everyone just stops and starts picking up my things and put them in a bag for me.
Hooked me on Disney and got rid of complainer:goodvibes

Our first trip to Disney, my oldest daughter was 6 at the time and had some kind of bug. She put up a brave fight, but she wasn't feeling well at all so we decided to go back to the resort to let her rest. Well between the long, hot day and the monorail, she wasn't feeling well and ended up throwing up at the bus loading area. As I was cleaning up, a guy who was there with his friends, no children in sight, felt so bad for her (she was so embarassed) that he came over and told her to pick any pin off his lanyard that she liked. He had some very nice, collectible pins. She said "it's okay" and refused, but he insisted. So she picked a small one. lol It was a very nice gesture and did help her feel better. We thanked him profusely, and she still has that pin to this day four years later. She refuses to trade it!

Edited to add: I read some of the posts here and thank the OP for this thread. It helps to renew the faith that others also pay it forward. That helps keep the *magic* in Disney!!

Not that this is out of the ordinary, but whenever we asked someone to take a family photo of all of us, no one refused and of course we would reciprocate if they wanted. (Unlike our honeymoon trip to Ireland, when I asked a man to take our picture, he flat out said "No" :lmao:)

A very nice gentleman during MVMCP offered to take our picture (it's just the two of us) on 12/11/07. I thought that was so nice that he came out of no where and offered. I feel like we don't have very many pictures together so this was very meaningful for us. Thank you! :goodvibes

I'm super prepared. But of course, on the day my daughter trips and rips her knee open on the pavement, I have no Band-Aids!!! And it's downpouring!!! A very kind gentleman gave us band-aids and neo-sporin. Thank you band-aid man:banana:

On our way into the MK for MVMCP, a lady walked up to me an asked if we like to ride SM. I said yes, and she handed me four fast passes for it for the time we were entering! It made her happy to give them to someone that would use them and it made me happy that I didn't have to wait and could go ride SM right away!!!

Thanks Random Stranger!!! You made our day!!!

My DH broke his leg last March so he was in a wheel chair most of the time for our trip in late April. He was able to get into the bus just fine but we had to heave the wheel chair in. Some very nice people would see me struggle with it and help me out every time. What a great gesture!

Last August, DD and I were waiting for High School Musical show to start and a family offered to let her sit with them up front so she could see.

We have found that most people at Disney are kind and considerate but only the very few make someones trip memorable for all the wrong reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter