The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this horse has been beaten to death pretty much as badly as it can be, but I still haven't seen a conclusive answer anywhere...

Is there anywhere that I can get my hands on the music loop that is played on the grounds of the Polynesian? I'm willing to buy it, download it, compile it if there's a list of song titles and artists floating around, whatever. I've just been dying to have this music in my collection for years. I've searched high and low...

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

I know that this horse has been beaten to death pretty much as badly as it can be, but I still haven't seen a conclusive answer anywhere...

Is there anywhere that I can get my hands on the music loop that is played on the grounds of the Polynesian? I'm willing to buy it, download it, compile it if there's a list of song titles and artists floating around, whatever. I've just been dying to have this music in my collection for years. I've searched high and low...

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

Ditto!?

Are the beds comfy???

And what all channels do the TV's pic up? I know there was a list somewhere but alas...I forgot.

The beds are very comfy...pillowtop mattresses.:cloud9:

There are not all that many channels but several that are WDW specific which I find fun as well as the Disney channel. I don't think there are any sports channels for instance. Hopefully, someone can help more. Is there one in particular you're interested in?

We’ve been back from our honeymoon to the Poly for almost 2 weeks and I thought I would give a little trip report.

I’ve stayed at the Poly a few times, but DH had never been. We flew in to FL two days after our wedding and just as tropical storm Faye was hitting! It rained (and not the usual Florida afternoon shower – it really rained!) every day except the day we left. So, due to the weather, we left the Poly a bit bummed.

Check in was great. The cast member who checked us in gave us just married pins and was nice and friendly. We were surprised when we got to our room – the third floor of Tuvalu. We had booked a garden view but were on the lagoon with a direct view of the MK and fireworks! We spent a lot of time in the room because of the rain, so we appreciated the view.

The rooms were great. We didn’t mid that the sink was not in a separate space from the shower. We did have the worst time with the fridge though. I remember reading on this thread that we should leave the cabinet doors open for the fridge to work well, but mousekeeping kept closing them and our yogurt went bad from being too hot. The fridge set up is definitely something I would change.

We didn’t get to spend too much time in the pool because of the rain, but were a little bummed that there wasn’t a hot tub. I hadn’t even thought to check if the Poly had one – I just assumed that a deluxe would. So, that is my only other thing I would change about the Poly.

The grounds were beautiful and everyone we saw was so friendly. One morning we had breakfast at Ohana’s and DH and I shared the fruit plate and tonga toast – it was SO great and I was full for hours! DH also loved the pressed pot of Kona coffee.

We didn’t eat at Kona for any other meals but enjoyed drinks in the lounge. Captain Cooks had good food for us, but I see where some of the families would want some additional selection. We also walked over to the Grand Floridian for a few meals and loved the option of walking or the monorail.

One day, I did call the front desk to ask about a bounceback because I felt it was a shame that so many guests were not able to truly enjoy the parks, but was told that there weren’t any offered. But, on our last day I went to the front desk and asked again and she went in back and found a bounceback pamphlet. The only downside was that the dates were too close and we can’t afford another trip until next summer!

I have a few rainy pics but need to learn how to post them!

We’ve been back from our honeymoon to the Poly for almost 2 weeks and I thought I would give a little trip report.

I’ve stayed at the Poly a few times, but DH had never been. We flew in to FL two days after our wedding and just as tropical storm Faye was hitting! It rained (and not the usual Florida afternoon shower – it really rained!) every day except the day we left. So, due to the weather, we left the Poly a bit bummed.

Check in was great. The cast member who checked us in gave us just married pins and was nice and friendly. We were surprised when we got to our room – the third floor of Tuvalu. We had booked a garden view but were on the lagoon with a direct view of the MK and fireworks! We spent a lot of time in the room because of the rain, so we appreciated the view.

The rooms were great. We didn’t mid that the sink was not in a separate space from the shower. We did have the worst time with the fridge though. I remember reading on this thread that we should leave the cabinet doors open for the fridge to work well, but mousekeeping kept closing them and our yogurt went bad from being too hot. The fridge set up is definitely something I would change.

We didn’t get to spend too much time in the pool because of the rain, but were a little bummed that there wasn’t a hot tub. I hadn’t even thought to check if the Poly had one – I just assumed that a deluxe would. So, that is my only other thing I would change about the Poly.

The grounds were beautiful and everyone we saw was so friendly. One morning we had breakfast at Ohana’s and DH and I shared the fruit plate and tonga toast – it was SO great and I was full for hours! DH also loved the pressed pot of Kona coffee.

We didn’t eat at Kona for any other meals but enjoyed drinks in the lounge. Captain Cooks had good food for us, but I see where some of the families would want some additional selection. We also walked over to the Grand Floridian for a few meals and loved the option of walking or the monorail.

One day, I did call the front desk to ask about a bounceback because I felt it was a shame that so many guests were not able to truly enjoy the parks, but was told that there weren’t any offered. But, on our last day I went to the front desk and asked again and she went in back and found a bounceback pamphlet. The only downside was that the dates were too close and we can’t afford another trip until next summer!

Thanks for posting your review and hopefully you will be able to post whatever pictures you can.

Thanks for the great review. Congratulations!

Sorry about the rain, but it was great you had such an awesome upgrade!

I left a note for the housekeepers to keep the cabinet doors open, and they honored it almost all of the time. I actually pulled the fridge out of the cabinet a bit. When the doors were closed the fridge did not work at all, but with them open it was very good. Definitely a big design flaw that will hopefully be corrected at some point!

The beds are very comfy...pillowtop mattresses.:cloud9:

There are not all that many channels but several that are WDW specific which I find fun as well as the Disney channel. I don't think there are any sports channels for instance. Hopefully, someone can help more. Is there one in particular you're interested in?

Thank you for answering my question.

And I went to allearsnet.com and found a list.

Just to let you guys know that you are very persuasive. Trip reports, awesome pictures......such punishment.:) :laughing:

Thank you for answering my question.

And I went to allearsnet.com and found a list.

Just to let you guys know that you are very persuasive. Trip reports, awesome pictures......such punishment.:) :laughing:

You're welcome.:goodvibes

BTW, do you remember if there were sports stations on that list? I think I gave you bad info as I saw another post with someone lamenting that too many sports channels were available.:confused3 Different hotel though.

cmd0819, I enjoyed your report. Best wishes BTW! sorry to hear about the rain but it sounds like you had a great trip anyway.

You're welcome.:goodvibes

BTW, do you remember if there were sports stations on that list? I think I gave you bad info as I saw another post with someone lamenting that too many sports channels were available.:confused3 Different hotel though.

cmd0819, I enjoyed your report. Best wishes BTW! sorry to hear about the rain but it sounds like you had a great trip anyway.

Since it's Disney, they have all (or at least most) of the ESPN channels. And of course just like most channels I'm pretty sure they have those ones twice (once "normal" and once with closed-captioning).

I'd like to know about that AKL eta from the Poly too. We have dinner ressies at 8PM at Boma in a couple of weeks. I think I read somewhere that you have to take the monorail in the evening to a diff place than the magic kingdom to transfer to the bus to go the AKL. Anybody know for sure??

Last month we stayed at the Poly and ate at Boma. The front desk told us if we went to Ticket and Transportaiton we could get a bus to AK Lodge. Well Ticket and Tranportation said that was not the case. We ended up getting a but to AK and then a bus from there over to AK Lodge. I would say in total give yourself an hour. Going home we just took a bus from AK Lodge to MK and monrail back home.

Hi. I also need to know how long it'll take from the resort monorail at Poly to get to the MK, or since we're requesting a longhouse by the TTC just take the express monorail. What is the time amounts for each?

I'd like to get as much sleep as possible, before my breakfast ADR. :)

Last month we stayed at the Poly and ate at Boma. The front desk told us if we went to Ticket and Transportaiton we could get a bus to AK Lodge. Well Ticket and Tranportation said that was not the case. We ended up getting a but to AK and then a bus from there over to AK Lodge. I would say in total give yourself an hour. Going home we just took a bus from AK Lodge to MK and monrail back home.

Thanks! So no monorail involved at all to AKL just buses and then a monorail and a bus home to the Poly...I hope Boma was delicious for you guys! That's what I hear:) We're really looking forward to it.

Since it's Disney, they have all (or at least most) of the ESPN channels. And of course just like most channels I'm pretty sure they have those ones twice (once "normal" and once with closed-captioning).

Thanks, CK. I do remember my DH bemoaning the fact that he couldn't catch some football games on WDW channels.

Hi, how long will it take to get to AK if i go to the TTC from Poly?

If my ADR is at 10am, when should i leave?

Thanks!

The buses at the TTC run every 20 minutes...at least last I knew. So in case you just missed a bus and including about 15 minutes traveling time, that's 35 minutes to drop at DAK. Then security and turnstiles plus the walk to breakfast.... I'd allow an hour at least. Or is your reservation at Rainforest Cafe? 40 minutes should do it then. But this still isn't including the walk to the TTC which can be maybe 3 or 4 to 15 minutes to the bus side of the TTC. If you'll have a car...drive.;)

I'd like to know about that AKL eta from the Poly too. We have dinner ressies at 8PM at Boma in a couple of weeks. I think I read somewhere that you have to take the monorail in the evening to a diff place than the magic kingdom to transfer to the bus to go the AKL. Anybody know for sure??

Again if you will have a car, drive.:goodvibes Taxis are a good choice too if dining at a resort.

Using WDW transport, you could take the resort monorail or launch to the MK and then catch an AKL bus. Do not go to the TTC...no resort buses there! Or bus to DAK or even DHS and then on to AKL. Or monorail from the TTC to Epcot and bus to AKL.

I think an hour is probably a good rule of thumb, don't you?

Hi. I also need to know how long it'll take from the resort monorail at Poly to get to the MK, or since we're requesting a longhouse by the TTC just take the express monorail. What is the time amounts for each?

The resort monorail is quite fast from the Polynesian. It just stops at the GF and rarely waits there. So usually less than 10 minutes from departure, I'd say. What say the rest of you?

The trip on the Express would be faster once underway but you might have to wait for the next monorail and it will almost certainly be crowded.

Thanks! So no monorail involved at all to AKL just buses and then a monorail and a bus home to the Poly...I hope Boma was delicious for you guys! That's what I hear:) We're really looking forward to it.

Hi Shell54. Many options to get to AKL but none especially fast unless you will be driving or cabbing it. Enjoy Boma!

Using WDW transport, you could take the resort monorail or launch to the MK and then catch an AKL bus. Do not go to the TTC...no resort buses there! Or bus to DAK or even DHS and then on to AKL. Or monorail from the TTC to Epcot and bus to AKL.

I think an hour is probably a good rule of thumb, don't you?

The resort monorail is quite fast from the Polynesian. It just stops at the GF and rarely waits there. So usually less than 10 minutes from departure, I'd say. What say the rest of you?

The trip on the Express would be faster once underway but you might have to wait for the next monorail and it will almost certainly be crowded.

To get to AKL, I'd suggest taking either the boat (if your longhouse is closer to the dock), or the resort monorail (if your longhouse is closer to the GCH), to the Magic Kingdom. From the MK, just take the AKL bus to the resort. We did this in May to get to our Jiko dinner reservation. We gave ourselves an hour, and made it in plenty of time (We took the boat, since we were in the Hawaii building and closer to the dock).

All this talk about how long it takes to get from here to there....makes me wonder a few things...

** Can someone explain the routing/stops on the resort monorail vs the TTC monorail? When going to EPCOT or MK is one better than the other? Is one less crowded than the others? (We'll have strollers...)

** If we have ressies for Akerhaus in World Showcase for Bkfst - there is no way for us to enter through the WS enterance from the Poly, right? We need to go to EPCOT mine entanence and walk through the park? How long should we allow for all of this, including the walk throurgh EPCOT?

** Last, how long should we allow to go to DHS if we have a Mama Melrose ADR at 430p?

THANKS!

OMG. 17 days and we are Poly bound! I have not been since the year WDW opened. My bedroom has so many bags of supplies, clothes, and various suitcases and possible totebags strewn around I may break my neck and never get to the Poly! A few questions for you vets please as I fill in my trip notebook/bible: I read somewhere here about overriding the thermostat on the AC in the poly rooms so I can make it cooler--Anyone know how? Also, a "best route" question. On Friday evening, we have a 7:30 ADR at Bistro for our anniversary. We made a 6:30 PM ADR for the kids (14.5 and 15.5)at 50s Prime Time. We would like to check the kids in for their dinner (we're on the DxDP so they only need to worry about the tip which we've been practicing calculating w/ them) and then go on to our dinner. What's the best route from DHS to Epcot/France? I will be in an ECV. I was thinking maybe just walk, assuming it's not raining? That would bring us into the back of the World Showcase, near France. If it's raining? Would the bus take too long?
Any other words of wisdom?
Repeat after me....NO MORE HURRICANES, NO MORE HURRICANES....

All this talk about how long it takes to get from here to there....makes me wonder a few things...

** Can someone explain the routing/stops on the resort monorail vs the TTC monorail? When going to EPCOT or MK is one better than the other? Is one less crowded than the others? (We'll have strollers...)

** If we have ressies for Akerhaus in World Showcase for Bkfst - there is no way for us to enter through the WS enterance from the Poly, right? We need to go to EPCOT mine entanence and walk through the park? How long should we allow for all of this, including the walk throurgh EPCOT?

** Last, how long should we allow to go to DHS if we have a Mama Melrose ADR at 430p?

THANKS!

Ok, If you want to go to Epcot, you should go to the TTC and board the Epcot monorail there. It is only about a 5-10 min. walk from Rapa Nui.
If you are going to MK, take the monorail directly from the Poly main entrance. It is the fastest by far.

I didn't know there was a WS entrance from the Poly actually?? We always came in through the main entrance. You want to allow time to go through the bag check and ticket station and then from the main entrance, it is at least a 15 min. walk or a 10 min. run directly to Norway. I don't suggest running as that's what we did to ourselves and I was quite winded after that.

I thought the transporation to Downtown Disney, DHS and Animal Kingdom took the longest. You may have to wait a bit for the bus. I would leave the resort by 3:20 at the latest and that should get you to the park, through the bag check and ticket station and then up the main boulevard there. Since you will have strollers, that will allow you time to unfold and refold them for the bus ride.

We are getting very excited! We are going in 20 days! I asked a while back but...

Any one back recently that has pictures of the cribs and/or pack n plays - do I understand there are some cribs but most get pack n plays?

We want to do a shopping run - on the afternoon we arrive for diapers, milk for the room, yogurt for our DD (who will be 15 months), bottled water, snacks, fruit etc. What is the best place from the Poly to get to - who will have all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter