The NEW official, unofficial Boardwalk Villas/Boardwalk Inn thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest taking the boat on the way back.

For food! MK: Cosmic Ray's had the largest CS selection in the MK if not all of WDW!
AK: I like Tusker House, it is a TS buffet with good variety. I've heard the CS Flame Tree BBQ is good and I'm planning on trying it out this next trip
DHS: IMO does not really have any great CS, but all of the TS there gets alot of good reviews.

It's funny, DH and I have talked about taking the boat back to the resort, not to the park from the resort. In the morning we will all be fresh, have energy and be ready to walk...in the afternoon when returning for our afternoon break, it will be very hot (July!), and DS5 will probably not feel like walking all the way back to the resort. My little one is guaranteed to fall asleep in the stroller on the way back, if not before we even leave the park! But I'm guessing that we have to fold up the stroller in order to go on the boat anyway, right?

What's also funny is that I have been to Cosmic Ray's at MK and thought it was awesome! So many choices, and the entertainment is funny too. We're not going to AK on this trip, but we did go to lunch at Flame Tree last time we were there. It was very good. DHS doesn't have great CS, but my boys love the Pizza Planet so we will take them there one day for lunch (I get the salad though!). The second DHS day, we are having lunch at 50s Prime Time.

This trip we did breakfast at CRT, dinner at The Plaza (MK) and Raglan Road. We also did the Donald breakfast at AK--we will totally do that again. We hit McDs for snack/lunch after AK, and the BW for a hot dog after CRT. We also had lunch at the food court at DHS. We've never done that--it's always too hot. But we liked the pizza and it was not crowded. Wouldn't even touch it in July.

For your list--Bangzoom--we did Cape May breakfast last year. It's fun. Compared to Donald (now) and Crystal Palace, I'd say it's a little more plain. I don't remember a signature dish. But I could be wrong. But we've never had a bad breakfast. Did I mention--we are not picky?????

DH and I did Chefs de France about 6 years ago when I had a conference (I think that was the time). It's good. We did the price fixe chicken dinner. I would split that if I went back. And LeCellier we did about 5 years ago before the dining plan existed (and reservations were more plentiful). I was pregnant at the time so didn't fully enjoy the experience. I like medium rare steak and red wine. Needless to say, I didn't have that. Also, I don't really like maple syrup anything. So, it's not a must-do for me.

Also, even longer ago, we went to the Yachtman. I remember that being very good for steak.

We've eaten all over the world--just not where you're eating. Let us know how they are. Sorry I can't be more help.

Hi everyone!! Staying at BWV form May 7th-10th, to celebrate my 30th Birthday. :cheer2:
We will be staying in a 1BR standard view. Can't wait!!!

Long time Boardwalk owner here...

Parking. Is. Miserable. - no more free valet for members, everyone walks. The lot closest to the standard views is mostly the valet lot, so you can't park there anyway. Disney has slacked off on stopping people from using our parking for Epcot and DHS, so the lots are full. Be prepared to walk, or skip a rental car. Disney: Please go back to carding and issuing parking passes to everyone. Others: please let the guests at Boardwalk use their own parking. We don't park at your resorts. It very aggravating to park in the last spot, at the far end of the lot, only to walk past 90% of the cars without resort parking passes!

Walk to DHS is doable, but remember that you'll already be spending the day walking a mile or more in the park itself. The boats are better in my opinion. We usually take the boat to Epcot as well, but frequently walk back after Wishes when the boats are very busy/full.

The view of Wishes from Boardwalk is ok. Naturally, you miss the half or so of the show that is at the lagoon level (the fire, fountains, lasers, and globe parts). You won't hear the audio either. Still worth watching if you're there. Last trip I sat on the boardwalk near Jellyrolls, and the fireworks were mostly directly above the ESPN building from there.

Kouzzina - Cat Cora's new place is very good. The Boardwalk Bakery is my favorite place for breakfast anywhere. (I love fresh Danish)

My best friend and I are heading back the end of August and hopefully will be staying at Boardwalk! We stayed at SS last year but visited BW and KNEW if we went back we had to stay there. It's so gorgeous!!!! :lovestruc

Long time Boardwalk owner here...

Parking. Is. Miserable. - no more free valet for members, everyone walks. The lot closest to the standard views is mostly the valet lot, so you can't park there anyway. Disney has slacked off on stopping people from using our parking for Epcot and DHS, so the lots are full. Be prepared to walk, or skip a rental car. Disney: Please go back to carding and issuing parking passes to everyone. Others: please let the guests at Boardwalk use their own parking. We don't park at your resorts. It very aggravating to park in the last spot, at the far end of the lot, only to walk past 90% of the cars without resort parking passes!

Walk to DHS is doable, but remember that you'll already be spending the day walking a mile or more in the park itself. The boats are better in my opinion. We usually take the boat to Epcot as well, but frequently walk back after Wishes when the boats are very busy/full.

The view of Wishes from Boardwalk is ok. Naturally, you miss the half or so of the show that is at the lagoon level (the fire, fountains, lasers, and globe parts). You won't hear the audio either. Still worth watching if you're there. Last trip I sat on the boardwalk near Jellyrolls, and the fireworks were mostly directly above the ESPN building from there.

Kouzzina - Cat Cora's new place is very good. The Boardwalk Bakery is my favorite place for breakfast anywhere. (I love fresh Danish)

I have heard about how tough the parking can be. We're already prepared for this. Hopefully Disney will crack down and time people parking at the resort who are not staying there. But, the Boardwalk attracts many people so I would imagine it stays pretty busy.

Glad to hear the Boardwalk Bakery is so good! I also love fresh danish.

It's funny, DH and I have talked about taking the boat back to the resort, not to the park from the resort. In the morning we will all be fresh, have energy and be ready to walk...in the afternoon when returning for our afternoon break, it will be very hot (July!), and DS5 will probably not feel like walking all the way back to the resort. My little one is guaranteed to fall asleep in the stroller on the way back, if not before we even leave the park! But I'm guessing that we have to fold up the stroller in order to go on the boat anyway, right?

From what I recall the boats used for the Epcot Resorts allow for strollers and wheelchairs to just roll on to them.:thumbsup2

Oh wow I hope this is true! It would make it so much easier if my son falls asleep before we leave the park!

We were able to roll our stroller on open earlier this month. They told us to park it in the area by the back door. We didn't have to get my nephew out either, it was great when he was sleeping!

We were able to roll our stroller on open earlier this month. They told us to park it in the area by the back door. We didn't have to get my nephew out either, it was great when he was sleeping!

Excellent! I hope during the busy summer season when we go (mid-July), that is the case. Not worried about going to the park in the morning because we will probably walk and everyone will be fresh and have energy...it's the afternoon after a long morning in the heat that increases our chances (to almost 100%!) of just taking the boat back. Most likely my little one will be asleep in the stroller by the time we exit the park. My older one (he's 5) will be walking with us, and will probably want to take the boat instead!

Hi All,

We're booked for a BWV studio from April 1 through April 10. It's just DD15 and me for this trip and I'm really excited. We've never stayed at an Epcot resort before, but DHS and Epcot are our favorite parks, so this will be a treat. DD15 is doing Magical Musical Days right before we check into BWV; she'll be moving from the All Stars (Music, I think).

As far as room requests, should I request a top floor room? Anything else? I don't want to get my hopes up too much because I know it is a very busy time of the year, but I really don't want to be on the ground level.

Also, how long is the bus ride to MK and AK?

Any other helpful hints? I've read through the entire thread and you all have added to my excitement. Thanks for this thread!

Hi All,

We're booked for a BWV studio from April 1 through April 10. It's just DD15 and me for this trip and I'm really excited. We've never stayed at an Epcot resort before, but DHS and Epcot are our favorite parks, so this will be a treat. DD15 is doing Magical Musical Days right before we check into BWV; she'll be moving from the All Stars (Music, I think).

As far as room requests, should I request a top floor room? Anything else? I don't want to get my hopes up too much because I know it is a very busy time of the year, but I really don't want to be on the ground level.

Any other helpful hints? I've read through the entire thread and you all have added to my excitement. Thanks for this thread!

If you're booked in a standard view studio, ask for the top floor across from the bus stop. I had been told that you can see some of the higher Epcot fireworks from your balcony if you get this location. If your request is to be on the top floor, then yes, you should request that.

Glad that we have all added to your excitement!! I am very excited! This is our first time staying at BWV (bought DVC membership after our last trip which was at Pop Century). Can't wait!!

Heading back "home" to BWV from 2/13 - 2/21 in a 1 BR. Haven't been back since July '07.

Does anyone know if they finished renovating the 5th floor standard view rooms opposite the bus stop?

I just returned from a 1 bedroom standard view room #4119, (booked at 7 month window) and when I checked in they said both 4th and 5th floors had been renovated. (3rd floor was under renovation when we were there but didn't hear anything) We were right across from the bus stop and had great views of EPCOT fireworks. Room was beautiful and it was a great location, 2 doors down from the stairwell, right across from the bus stop and parking lot. BTW Stairwell door is right across from room XX21 so I would probably recommend avoiding that room, hearing the door open and slam all the time would be a pain I think.

We also had no problem with parking, of course this was in late January which is off season so that is most likely why. However even thursday night when there was a HUGE convention we still had no trouble finding a spot.

What really impressed me about Boardwalk was its location. It was about a 10 minute walk to EPCOT, and one time we walked by the boat dock when the boat was casting off, and still hit the intl gateway about the same time AS the boat. We were walking a pretty average speed. So I think walking is definitly a better choice then the boat and it is such a nice walk.

MGM was a little further, maybe about 15 mins, but it was a nice walk along the waterway. (again with our location it probably made MGM closer then if we had a Boardwalk view) We did take the bus one time to MK and twice back from MK, it stopped at Swan/Dolphin on the way there, and Boardwalk was the first stop on the way back. Never waited more the 10 minutes for the bus, and in many cases it was pulling up when we got to the stop.

The only negative to the Boardwalk is that it really needs a CS location, we had the DDP, and it worked out well (we ate CS at the parks mostly) but when we stopped at the Bakery once, the food was VERY fresh and good.

Jennifer

Hi All,

To AK I'd say about 20-25 minutes. To MK about 15.

Of course you have to add the time you will actually wait for the bus to arrive at BW. They usually arrive every 20 minutes so you wait can be anywhere from zero to 20 minutes dependening on when the last bus was there.

To AK I'd say about 20-25 minutes. To MK about 15.

Of course you have to add the time you will actually wait for the bus to arrive at BW. They usually arrive every 20 minutes so you wait can be anywhere from zero to 20 minutes dependening on when the last bus was there.

Thanks Ron. It was the actual ride time that I was wondering about. This is really helpful. I'm looking forward to your posting when you return from your trip later this month, so don't forget us!

Thanks also to Jennifer. That hint about rooms xx21 is one I'm writing in my notes!

I just returned from a 1 bedroom standard view room #4119, (booked at 7 month window) and when I checked in they said both 4th and 5th floors had been renovated. (3rd floor was under renovation when we were there but didn't hear anything) We were right across from the bus stop and had great views of EPCOT fireworks. Room was beautiful and it was a great location, 2 doors down from the stairwell, right across from the bus stop and parking lot. BTW Stairwell door is right across from room XX21 so I would probably recommend avoiding that room, hearing the door open and slam all the time would be a pain I think.

We also had no problem with parking, of course this was in late January which is off season so that is most likely why. However even thursday night when there was a HUGE convention we still had no trouble finding a spot.

What really impressed me about Boardwalk was its location. It was about a 10 minute walk to EPCOT, and one time we walked by the boat dock when the boat was casting off, and still hit the intl gateway about the same time AS the boat. We were walking a pretty average speed. So I think walking is definitly a better choice then the boat and it is such a nice walk.

MGM was a little further, maybe about 15 mins, but it was a nice walk along the waterway. (again with our location it probably made MGM closer then if we had a Boardwalk view) We did take the bus one time to MK and twice back from MK, it stopped at Swan/Dolphin on the way there, and Boardwalk was the first stop on the way back. Never waited more the 10 minutes for the bus, and in many cases it was pulling up when we got to the stop.

The only negative to the Boardwalk is that it really needs a CS location, we had the DDP, and it worked out well (we ate CS at the parks mostly) but when we stopped at the Bakery once, the food was VERY fresh and good.

Jennifer

Thanks so much for the review! For our July trip, we requested top floor across from the bus stop. We will also be staying in a 1-bedroom standard view. We will have the DDP also, and I know the CS is lacking in the area, but glad to hear how good the food was at the Boardwalk Bakery! I hope the renovations are done when we go (middle of July).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter