The NEW official, unofficial Boardwalk Villas/Boardwalk Inn thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I'm cautiously joining here. I just reserved a std view Boardwalk Villa for 4/14-4/20. I had a choice of the Boardwalk villa or the Animal Kingdom Kidani (std. view-no animals).

1. Did I make a good choice? I actually live near Atlantic city and live in Cape May so the boardwalk looks just like my hometown!
2. Are all the 1 BR villas re-done? The rep from Disney didn't know so I'm kind of wondering where I will end up with the "std. view"
3. With the Std. View, it sounds like I should request an upper floor. Can I request a view of the Boardwalk or is that considered a different category room?
4. can someone tell me if the Boardwalk villas are great for a first time visit for a 4 YO and 2YO? I like the idea of walking them in a stroller to epcot. I like the appeal of the Kidani though, with two full bathrooms and all new. But if all the 1BR are re-done in the Boardwalk villas, that would be amazing!!

5. How is the pool in the Boardwalk? Can we go to neighboring pools?
5. What type of meal plan best suits staying in the BWV? Sounds like there is not much counter service around......

Thanks all for the help. Can someone tell me how many commodes are in a 1BR villa. The Disney rep said there is one in the master bath and a seperate commode/sink area but I'm not so sure....

Hi all! I'm cautiously joining here. I just reserved a std view Boardwalk Villa for 4/14-4/20. I had a choice of the Boardwalk villa or the Animal Kingdom Kidani (std. view-no animals).

1. Did I make a good choice? I actually live near Atlantic city and live in Cape May so the boardwalk looks just like my hometown!
2. Are all the 1 BR villas re-done? The rep from Disney didn't know so I'm kind of wondering where I will end up with the "std. view"
3. With the Std. View, it sounds like I should request an upper floor. Can I request a view of the Boardwalk or is that considered a different category room?
4. can someone tell me if the Boardwalk villas are great for a first time visit for a 4 YO and 2YO? I like the idea of walking them in a stroller to epcot. I like the appeal of the Kidani though, with two full bathrooms and all new. But if all the 1BR are re-done in the Boardwalk villas, that would be amazing!!

5. How is the pool in the Boardwalk? Can we go to neighboring pools?
5. What type of meal plan best suits staying in the BWV? Sounds like there is not much counter service around......

Thanks all for the help. Can someone tell me how many commodes are in a 1BR villa. The Disney rep said there is one in the master bath and a seperate commode/sink area but I'm not so sure....

1. I'm sure you made a good choice! The Boardwalk at Disney is supposed to be similar to the Boardwalk of the 1920s and 1930s, so it probably doesn't really look like today's Boardwalk in Atlantic City. I've been to Atlantic City a few times, and although I only saw Disney's Boardwalk from a distance (across the lake at beach Club), it seemed different to me, and it was absolutely beautiful!

2. I think that most 1-bedrooms are re-done but not entirely sure. Originally they were all supposed to be complete in January 2010 so I'm sure they're close. You still have a couple of months to go, so I would say there's a good chance.

3. Boardwalk View is a different category, and costs more if paying cash, and more points if staying on DVC points. I requested top floor across from the bus stop for 1-bedroom standard view for our July trip, as I have learned that you can see some of the higher Epcot fireworks from those rooms. This is great when you have little ones! Relax, watch fireworks in your pajamas, then go right to bed! No fighting crowds to get out of the park!

4. I think Boardwalk would be a great place for children those ages. My sons will be 3 and 5 when we go in July, and I think Boardwalk is perfect. We plan to have our older son walk with us, and the little one will be in his umbrella stroller. We also think it is wonderful to just be able to walk right over to Epcot and DHS!

5. You can't use the pool at Yacht Club/Beach Club, even if you are a DVC member staying on points. Boardwalk has the Luna Park pool with a big roller coaster slide, and you slide out of a clown's mouth and into the pool. They have a pool party there every afternoon. There is also a quiet pool, closer to the standard view rooms I believe.

6. Yes, counter service is lacking at Boardwalk compared to other resort areas. However, we still decided to go with the basic dining plan. We have a 10-night stay planned, with 7 days at the parks so we will be getting CS for lunch those days at the theme parks. The other days, we will either have lunch from Boardwalk Bakery (accepts dining plan...CS credit or snack if you get a little something) or maybe go to another resort or Downtown Disney. If you go with the deluxe dining plan, you can eat at all the TS restaurants in the area, but you will get 3 full meals a day (your choice of TS or CS, any combination you want), but TS meals will then include an appetizer as well. DH and I have gone back and forth about getting the deluxe plan and we still think it is too much since we don't plan on signatures (except Cinderella's castle).

As far as I know, there is one full bathroom (which has a whirlpool tub!) in the 1-bedroom villa at BWV. There is also a kitchen which has a sink.

Enjoy!! I think you made the right decision. Animal Kingdom Villas are nice if you get a savannah view, but IMHO, BWV is a much better location. We had considered purchasing AKV at first because of the theming but we liked the BWV location much better...close proximity to 2 parks. However, of course there are other people who love AKV and would never stay anywhere else. You'd get varying opinions about that on the boards.

The bathroom in a 1 bedroom has a room with a sink, shower and toilet. There is then an outer bathroom area which has the whirlpool and another sink and a walk in closet (which doubles as a dressing room for my kids LOL).

1. I'm sure you made a good choice! The Boardwalk at Disney is supposed to be similar to the Boardwalk of the 1920s and 1930s, so it probably doesn't really look like today's Boardwalk in Atlantic City. I've been to Atlantic City a few times, and although I only saw Disney's Boardwalk from a distance (across the lake at beach Club), it seemed different to me, and it was absolutely beautiful!

2. I think that most 1-bedrooms are re-done but not entirely sure. Originally they were all supposed to be complete in January 2010 so I'm sure they're close. You still have a couple of months to go, so I would say there's a good chance.

3. Boardwalk View is a different category, and costs more if paying cash, and more points if staying on DVC points. I requested top floor across from the bus stop for 1-bedroom standard view for our July trip, as I have learned that you can see some of the higher Epcot fireworks from those rooms. This is great when you have little ones! Relax, watch fireworks in your pajamas, then go right to bed! No fighting crowds to get out of the park!

4. I think Boardwalk would be a great place for children those ages. My sons will be 3 and 5 when we go in July, and I think Boardwalk is perfect. We plan to have our older son walk with us, and the little one will be in his umbrella stroller. We also think it is wonderful to just be able to walk right over to Epcot and DHS!

5. You can't use the pool at Yacht Club/Beach Club, even if you are a DVC member staying on points. Boardwalk has the Luna Park pool with a big roller coaster slide, and you slide out of a clown's mouth and into the pool. They have a pool party there every afternoon. There is also a quiet pool, closer to the standard view rooms I believe.

6. Yes, counter service is lacking at Boardwalk compared to other resort areas. However, we still decided to go with the basic dining plan. We have a 10-night stay planned, with 7 days at the parks so we will be getting CS for lunch those days at the theme parks. The other days, we will either have lunch from Boardwalk Bakery (accepts dining plan...CS credit or snack if you get a little something) or maybe go to another resort or Downtown Disney. If you go with the deluxe dining plan, you can eat at all the TS restaurants in the area, but you will get 3 full meals a day (your choice of TS or CS, any combination you want), but TS meals will then include an appetizer as well. DH and I have gone back and forth about getting the deluxe plan and we still think it is too much since we don't plan on signatures (except Cinderella's castle).

As far as I know, there is one full bathroom (which has a whirlpool tub!) in the 1-bedroom villa at BWV. There is also a kitchen which has a sink.

Enjoy!! I think you made the right decision. Animal Kingdom Villas are nice if you get a savannah view, but IMHO, BWV is a much better location. We had considered purchasing AKV at first because of the theming but we liked the BWV location much better...close proximity to 2 parks. However, of course there are other people who love AKV and would never stay anywhere else. You'd get varying opinions about that on the boards.

The bathroom in a 1 bedroom has a room with a sink, shower and toilet. There is then an outer bathroom area which has the whirlpool and another sink and a walk in closet (which doubles as a dressing room for my kids LOL).

Thank you both so much. I took the virtual tour of the room and did notice the bathroom set up. the only pics I found online of the pool where of the big puking clown! so I could not see the size or set up of the pool area well. I'll keep looking though. I do like the idea of not having to transport two kids and a stroller to two of the parks but I'm a sucker about having a "newer" room so we'll see. I have read about requesting upper floors and will give it a shot. I wonder if the upgrade to boardwalk view would be nicer though-DH thinks it would be too loud....

BW view availability is limited and I would guess gone for April.

We were at Epcot on a pretty crowded Friday. But we watched on the bridge between England and France. When it was over, we turned the stroller around and left. I would not call it "fighting the crowds" like you do at the front of Epcot or MK after Wishes.

I would stick with you BWV choice. I would feel like I would need a car at AKV (though we almost always rent a car). But it feels so far--which I know people like. But BWV is just so central to things.

We are DVC members and are thinking of staying here in Jan before our Panama Canal cruise. I want to get some info on boardwalk. Are the Villas in the same building as the Inn? How close are the studios to the pool? The main pool. What activites does community hall have? Can you take the boat from HS to Epcot and Vice Versa? How is the bus service from BW to MK? Can you walk to the mini golf? How is the Bakery? What about the walk from the standard studio to the bus stop. Any info will help.

I'll do what I can to help you!
We are DVC members and are thinking of staying here in Jan before our Panama Canal cruise. I want to get some info on boardwalk.

Are the Villas in the same building as the Inn? When standing at the enterance the Inn is to the right, and the Villas are to the left.

How close are the studios to the pool? I've been told that the studios are spread throughout the Villas. The main pool. The main pool is central to the complex, so you could get lucky and be real close.

What activites does community hall have? Sorry I don't know.

Can you take the boat from HS to Epcot and Vice Versa? Yes boats run from DHS to Epcot with three stops in between at the resorts.

How is the bus service from BW to MK? Sorry I don't know.

Can you walk to the mini golf? Yes, the Fantasia Gardens course is across the street from the Swan

How is the Bakery? I've heard and read nothing but good things about the Bakery!

What about the walk from the standard studio to the bus stop. It will all depend on where your room is in the complex. Check out this map it may help. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm Any info will help.

I have read about requesting upper floors and will give it a shot. I wonder if the upgrade to boardwalk view would be nicer though-DH thinks it would be too loud....

absolutely request near elevator if you have a stroller, then upper floor second.
bw view is fabulous :cloud9: , but only available with dvc points (not cash, not even dvc member discounted rate). we found closing the balcony doors and insulated drapes stops almost all of the noise (imho, bw view is less noisy than pool view, or most bcv views, btw).
waking up to the sun lighting up the lake, and going to sleep watching illuminations is priceless :lovestruc

Thank you both so much. I took the virtual tour of the room and did notice the bathroom set up. the only pics I found online of the pool where of the big puking clown! so I could not see the size or set up of the pool area well. I'll keep looking though. I do like the idea of not having to transport two kids and a stroller to two of the parks but I'm a sucker about having a "newer" room so we'll see. I have read about requesting upper floors and will give it a shot. I wonder if the upgrade to boardwalk view would be nicer though-DH thinks it would be too loud....

DH and I also think the BW view would be too loud, particularly because our kids go to bed early. We will let them watch the fireworks from the room (if we can see it from there) at 9PM, then they will go to bed. It's a little later than their normal weekend bedtime at home (between 8 and 8:30PM) but they do well if they stay up that late and still have to get up early the next morning, so I have no problem letting them stay up. Anyway, we just worry that if there is too much noise from the Boardwalk after 9 or 9:30 PM, our boys may have trouble getting to sleep. As far as we're concerned, we would go to bed later anyway, but probably not much later because a day at the parks is pretty exhausting. Probably a soak in the jacuzzi and then off to bed!

How loud is the Boardwalk too. Are the villas loud or are they away from the noise. Really want to try and stay here.

How loud is the Boardwalk too. Are the villas loud or are they away from the noise. Really want to try and stay here.

The Boardwalk can be noisy. There are entertainers at night, people eating outdoor, people strolling, people waiting to get into the restaurants. BW view rooms get to hear this in the evening. In the morning the boats make noise when they are entering the dock area.

Some think the noise level isn't too bad and is worth the advantage of the great views. I know when my kids were little we avoided the BW view rooms.

The Boardwalk can be noisy. There are entertainers at night, people eating outdoor, people strolling, people waiting to get into the restaurants. BW view rooms get to hear this in the evening. In the morning the boats make noise when they are entering the dock area.

Some think the noise level isn't too bad and is worth the advantage of the great views. I know when my kids were little we avoided the BW view rooms.

Don't forget about when Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance close (2am?), all the people who have been drinking take a stroll out on the boardwalk! Such a joy to wake up to the sound of an intoxicated person laughing or screaming.:scared1:

I have to honestly say that I have never heard noise from the Boardwalk area at night or early morning. I have stayed over the bakery area, near ESPN club, over Flying Fish--haven't been disturbed at all.

I have to honestly say that I have never heard noise from the Boardwalk area at night or early morning. I have stayed over the bakery area, near ESPN club, over Flying Fish--haven't been disturbed at all.

We have! On our first trip as DVC members, we stayed above the Crest o' the Wave and every night for the first few nights, drunks woke us up. This is probably because this area of the resort is closest to Jellyrolls.

We have! On our first trip as DVC members, we stayed above the Crest o' the Wave and every night for the first few nights, drunks woke us up. This is probably because this area of the resort is closest to Jellyrolls.

note to self: bring sound machine to drown out nosie!

It's not just the BW view rooms that have drunken noise issues. We had a standard view room, near the elevators, so near the main entrance. Guess where any of those drunks who aren't staying at the BWV go when the bars close?? Right out the main entrance. We were woken up several times that trip, and didn't even get the BW view enjoyment out of it LOL.

For those in the DVC non BW view studio is it very noisy? Still undecided between here and Kidani Village. Love Kidani but thought it would be nice to walk to the BW

Have to totally agree here. Once we closed our balcony doors, no disturbance. We as well stayed near ESPN. Can't wait to go back.

For those in the DVC non BW view studio is it very noisy? Still undecided between here and Kidani Village. Love Kidani but thought it would be nice to walk to the BW

The only time noise has been an issue for us, is as posted above, staying right near the entrance. The people exiting the Boardwalk were loud, and the ME luggage carts also. I prefer to be farther down, more like across from the bus stop for standard view. Poolview I have not had noise issues either. I love BWV, the location is so amazing, I wouldn't stay anywhere else :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter