The NEW official, unofficial Boardwalk Villas/Boardwalk Inn thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jomommy-we always give out the gifts at the beginning. Part of what we bring we have to since we always bring deer meat for Lorenzo. Yuck I know but he loves it.:confused3 We always bring them chips you can only find in Iowa and a little outside the state. Usually a couple of other things and they appreciate it all. You are nice to think of them.:thumbsup2

We won't have Concierge staff but can I check with lobby staff to see what characters are available each a.m.? My daughters are really wanting to find Marie!

When we've stayed at POR they called for me every morning to see where Daisy and Jasmine would be that day. I can't imagine that BWI wouldn't do the same. I'm planning to go down there to find a couple this trip too if the CL won't do it. You can also stop at the guest services desk (i think that's what it's called) when you enter a park. They'll check too.

jomommy-we always give out the gifts at the beginning. Part of what we bring we have to since we always bring deer meat for Lorenzo. Yuck I know but he loves it.:confused3 We always bring them chips you can only find in Iowa and a little outside the state. Usually a couple of other things and they appreciate it all. You are nice to think of them.:thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm bringing something special from Amish country (where I live). Just haven't decided what yet... I'll have to narrow it down in the next few months.

Lorenzo liked DEER meat? As in---Bambi??? AAAGHH!!!

I bring chocolates made only in Memphis, with local scenes on them (Elvis, Graceland, Mississippi River, etc.) Last time, I did give it out at the beginning of the trip, and had small single pieces for the housekeeper each day (she did such a great job).

Jackemail-Guess who is back from yet another wonderful stay BWI-CL:yay: I indeed sent sfbank a picture the first night there. I had a wonderful pumpkin spiced martini that was yummo:thumbsup2 We also bring down treats for the staff that DH makes. He does the cooking and baking in our family. We hand them out on the first day as well. The weather started off cold but as the week went on, it did warm up. I would have preferred much hotter temps but that is the chance you take going in Jan. Now when we head down there the end of June, beginning of July I will think back of those January temps. When are you going in Nov? DH wants to take a small trip the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The lounge was busy most of the time except during the hours of 11:30-3. It still amazes me how many children were not in school especailly after just returning after Christmas break. By the weekend it seemed like the crowds were something you would see in the summer months. I had a blast as always with Lorenzo, Linda, Anita, Scott, Jackie, Janice, Pete, JJ.

I just got confirmation of availability to rent points to stay in a studio 11/16-11/21.:cool1: I was checking out the map and it looks like parking is kind of far from the rooms. We will have a rental car but we probably won't use it much. Is valet parking free for people renting points from a DVC member? I opted for a standard view to save money, any recommendations as to the best location for convenience to the parks or what the "best" standard view room request should be? I want to get the best bang for my buck. I have never explored this resort and I am looking forward to checking it out but don't want to be in a horrible location. We stayed at the poly last trip and had a wonderful room thanks to this board. Thanks.

Jackemail-Guess who is back from yet another wonderful stay BWI-CL:yay: I indeed sent sfbank a picture the first night there. I had a wonderful pumpkin spiced martini that was yummo:thumbsup2 We also bring down treats for the staff that DH makes. He does the cooking and baking in our family. We hand them out on the first day as well. The weather started off cold but as the week went on, it did warm up. I would have preferred much hotter temps but that is the chance you take going in Jan. Now when we head down there the end of June, beginning of July I will think back of those January temps. When are you going in Nov? DH wants to take a small trip the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The lounge was busy most of the time except during the hours of 11:30-3. It still amazes me how many children were not in school especailly after just returning after Christmas break. By the weekend it seemed like the crowds were something you would see in the summer months. I had a blast as always with Lorenzo, Linda, Anita, Scott, Jackie, Janice, Pete, JJ.

Glad you had a great time! I used to go in January--stopped because of the temperature variables. Now I'm also glad I stopped because of the crowds!

How were all the CL staff? Did you have any yummies from Kouzzina in the lounge for evening snacks?

I just got confirmation of availability to rent points to stay in a studio 11/16-11/21.:cool1: I was checking out the map and it looks like parking is kind of far from the rooms. We will have a rental car but we probably won't use it much. Is valet parking free for people renting points from a DVC member? I opted for a standard view to save money, any recommendations as to the best location for convenience to the parks or what the "best" standard view room request should be? I want to get the best bang for my buck. I have never explored this resort and I am looking forward to checking it out but don't want to be in a horrible location. We stayed at the poly last trip and had a wonderful room thanks to this board. Thanks.

The standard views are closer to the parking. There is an exit right by the pond, then it's a short walk to the parking lot or bus stop. Unfortunately, there's not an elevator on that end so you will have to take the stairs if you are not on the first floor or walk to the elevators next to the lobby and exit there.

For standard view, I always request top floor, across from the bus stop. You get a good view of the fireworks from Epcot. If you have a stroller, you may want to request first floor so that you don't have to worry about the stairs if you want to use the exit at the end of the building. There are really no horrible standard views.

Valet parking is no longer free for members.

jackemail-The staff was awesome as always.:worship: We had such a great time with them. The food offerings were great and no doubles of anything. The food from Kouzzina was not too bad. The pasta dishes were very good and had the right amount of spice.;) I know have the end of June beginning of July to look forward too with sfbank and her family.:cool1:

jackemail-The staff was awesome as always.:worship: We had such a great time with them. The food offerings were great and no doubles of anything. The food from Kouzzina was not too bad. The pasta dishes were very good and had the right amount of spice.;) I know have the end of June beginning of July to look forward too with sfbank and her family.:cool1:

I hear ya! I'm looking forward to the middle of July when we stay at BWV for the first time. I never saw BWV or BWI and never was actually on the Boardwalk at Disney! OK, I saw it from the Beach Club when we walked over there from Epcot to check it out one time...but that was from across the lake! We bought the DVC membership there mainly for the location...for us, we can't beat that location! Epcot is my favorite (OK Magic Kingdom is too...I will NEVER go to WDW without visiting both those parks!) and the best part of Epcot to me is the World Showcase! So it was the perfect location. DH also loves the countries, and the fact that we can walk to 2 theme parks. So I love that resort already and was never even there in person!

Great thread guys,

need a little help....going to BWI mid September.......booked a standard room.....has anyone any suggestions for a room with a decent view:thumbsup2........cheerz guys keep up the good work:cool1:

do all CL rooms have a boadwalk view or will we need to try and request one? thanks!

Very few of the standard CL rooms have a boardwalk view, you can always request one but in the scheme of things most of the standard CL rooms have a view of the gardens. If a boardwalk view is important, the best option would be the deluxe CL rooms, all have a boardwalk view :goodvibes

If you book a standard room up in CL, ask for a view facing Paris so you can enjoy watching the fireworks from your balcony.:) Like ClareH37 said, if a view is important, either reserve a room with a waterview or take a chance upon check in.

Very few of the standard CL rooms have a boardwalk view, you can always request one but in the scheme of things most of the standard CL rooms have a view of the gardens. If a boardwalk view is important, the best option would be the deluxe CL rooms, all have a boardwalk view :goodvibes

Wow! So we really lucked out when we stayed there! We had a wonderful view of the Boardwalk and between that and the service now I'm hooked on BWI CL. :goodvibes

Just back from the villas. Any questions? I don't do pictures, so can't help there, but I did look as much as I could.

It was wonderful!

Just back from the villas. Any questions? I don't do pictures, so can't help there, but I did look as much as I could.

It was wonderful!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time! I have some questions:

1. Did you walk to Epcot and DHS? If so, how was the walk? If not, how was the boat ride? Was the boat crowded?

2. Did you go to the Community Hall at all for activities? If so, how were they?

3. What restaurants did you eat in? How were they?

4. Did you have any meals at the Boardwalk Bakery? If so, how what did you have and how was it?

5. What type of view did you have from your villa?

6. Did you check out breakfast at the Belle Vue Room? If so, what did they have and how was it?

Thanks so much!!!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time! I have some questions:

1. Did you walk to Epcot and DHS? If so, how was the walk? If not, how was the boat ride? Was the boat crowded?

2. Did you go to the Community Hall at all for activities? If so, how were they?

3. What restaurants did you eat in? How were they?

4. Did you have any meals at the Boardwalk Bakery? If so, how what did you have and how was it?

5. What type of view did you have from your villa?

6. Did you check out breakfast at the Belle Vue Room? If so, what did they have and how was it?

Thanks so much!!!

1. Both. They are very nice walks. We've stayed at the Dolphin before, so we were already familiar. From the villas I don't think it took 10 minutes to walk to DHS. We don't take the boat. DH has no patience. Sitting on my balcony though, they were plentiful midday.

2. We did not go to CH for activities. We did stop in to see what it's about. It was very nice. They have a tent/castle so DD left screaming.

***We are not very critical/picky food people***

3. We ate at Kouzzina on the boardwalk. It was fine. We are frustrated with how they've changed the kid menus everywhere. No ala carte, just meal only and we were not on the DDP. Didn't eat anywhere else on Boardwalk. I can fill other places in if you would like.

4. We had breakfast from the bakery, which we've done before. We had a egg, cheese, bacon croissant and pastries. We like it.

5. We pretty much got our request. We were on the 5th floor. We asked for high and near the elevator. We were somewhat far from the elevator but I had to point out to DH how far the elevator was for floors 2-4. We faced the quiet pool/CH and could see ToT and the water tower. Very nice.

6. We did not try the Belle Vue Lounge. We went to the Waffle House on our last day.

Let me know if you think of anything else. And I'll let you know if I do. It was a madhouse here as I wrote this.

1. Both. They are very nice walks. We've stayed at the Dolphin before, so we were already familiar. From the villas I don't think it took 10 minutes to walk to DHS. We don't take the boat. DH has no patience. Sitting on my balcony though, they were plentiful midday.

2. We did not go to CH for activities. We did stop in to see what it's about. It was very nice. They have a tent/castle so DD left screaming.

***We are not very critical/picky food people***

3. We ate at Kouzzina on the boardwalk. It was fine. We are frustrated with how they've changed the kid menus everywhere. No ala carte, just meal only and we were not on the DDP. Didn't eat anywhere else on Boardwalk. I can fill other places in if you would like.

4. We had breakfast from the bakery, which we've done before. We had a egg, cheese, bacon croissant and pastries. We like it.

5. We pretty much got our request. We were on the 5th floor. We asked for high and near the elevator. We were somewhat far from the elevator but I had to point out to DH how far the elevator was for floors 2-4. We faced the quiet pool/CH and could see ToT and the water tower. Very nice.

6. We did not try the Belle Vue Lounge. We went to the Waffle House on our last day.

Let me know if you think of anything else. And I'll let you know if I do. It was a madhouse here as I wrote this.

Sounds great! A 10-minute walk to DHS will probably end up taking us about 20 minutes. Our older son is 5 and will not be in a stroller (just the little guy will...he'll be 3 when we go). So we will be walking a little slower than most people! We will still probably just walk rather than wait for the boat. It's good exercise and gives me an excuse to get more treats at the Boardwalk Bakery! :lmao:

I would love to know the other restaurants in general that you went to at WDW and how they were. We're not going to Kouzzina (the menu doesn't appeal to us that much...I can't stand fennel and it is in a lot of the entrees, and DH is not crazy about the menu either). We have ADRs for dinners at Captain's Grille (Yacht Club), Cape May Cafe (Beach Club) as well as a breakfast ADR for the character breakfast at Cape May. They're all very close to BWV so we figured we'd try them, and the menus look very appealing. We also have ADRs at 3 different places in Epcot (lunch at Akershus, dinner at Chefs de France and dinner at Le Cellier).

Thanks for all the info! I'm glad you had a nice trip. I told my DH that we better not get that room with a view of ToT...it's his favorite ride in all of WDW and he will just wanna keep going on it if he sees it constantly from our window! :rotfl:

Sounds great! A 10-minute walk to DHS will probably end up taking us about 20 minutes. Our older son is 5 and will not be in a stroller (just the little guy will...he'll be 3 when we go). So we will be walking a little slower than most people! We will still probably just walk rather than wait for the boat. It's good exercise and gives me an excuse to get more treats at the Boardwalk Bakery! :lmao:

I would love to know the other restaurants in general that you went to at WDW and how they were. We're not going to Kouzzina (the menu doesn't appeal to us that much...I can't stand fennel and it is in a lot of the entrees, and DH is not crazy about the menu either). We have ADRs for dinners at Captain's Grille (Yacht Club), Cape May Cafe (Beach Club) as well as a breakfast ADR for the character breakfast at Cape May. They're all very close to BWV so we figured we'd try them, and the menus look very appealing. We also have ADRs at 3 different places in Epcot (lunch at Akershus, dinner at Chefs de France and dinner at Le Cellier).

Thanks for all the info! I'm glad you had a nice trip. I told my DH that we better not get that room with a view of ToT...it's his favorite ride in all of WDW and he will just wanna keep going on it if he sees it constantly from our window! :rotfl:

I would suggest taking the boat on the way back.

For food! MK: Cosmic Ray's had the largest CS selection in the MK if not all of WDW!
AK: I like Tusker House, it is a TS buffet with good variety. I've heard the CS Flame Tree BBQ is good and I'm planning on trying it out this next trip
DHS: IMO does not really have any great CS, but all of the TS there gets alot of good reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!