The Muppets just may be rejuvenated, starting this week.

I agree! They have never gone out of style for me either. It is a staple in our house to watch "A Muppet Christmas Carol" and "A Very Muppet Christmas" during the holidays! We can't wait to see the new movie and I always get a kick out of the Muppet Theater at WDW. "A net full of jello"...:rotfl: :)

Love the attraction. Was always a big fan and my DH makes sure it is a Never Miss for me when we go.

Favorite episode was with Alice Cooper as a child... HERE

and the best song was that.. THIS

I loved all of them but the Carol Burnett, Julie Andrews, Mark Hamil, and Roger Moore episodes are probably some of my favorites. A great song was the Crocodile Rock by Elton John.
The Muppets are my favorite childhood memory of TV, 4:00pm i was sitting on the floor turning that HUGE dial to the 1 of about 5 actual channels?!?
i have all the old episodes about time to break them out again!
Going this weekend!!

Loved watching then with my kids now. We pull out the DVDs a lot. My DS5 thinks they're awesome.

I can't wait for my Gong Show DVDs this year....and my DH is on the boards so he better read this.

I love Jason Segal in How I Met Your Mother. It has been one of my favorite shows since it first came on several years ago. I watch him every week so I know what to expect from his personality. He makes a good match for the Muppets. I'm going to see the movie on Friday. He said there a couple of times that might make you cry, which I hate in cartoons. In the commercial they are singing Rainbow Connection, which is one of my favorite songs that I listen to on my ipod, so I hope it really is in the movie.

I abso-friggen-lutely LOVE the Muppets!!! Muppets 3-D is a must for me every time I go to DHS. My mom said that was the only tv show I was interested in when I was a kid. Nothing else would keep my attention except the Muppets. I have all the movies, all the seasons of the show, numerous socks and shirts, and a 'Kermit' doll that my mom made me when I was a kid. When I found out that Disney had them it was pretty much the best news for me lol. Plus I LOVE Jason Segal.....I started watching HIMYM for NPH, but I think Jason is hilarious!!

I will probably end up doing that. Then I won't have to share my popcorn with anyone. :)

going to the movies alone is one of my favorite things! me and my jujubes and nobody else to worry about. :) try it...i bet you'll love it, too!

The Muppets is out in theaters, except all my theaters around me are crap. :'( Every theater in my area is either flat floored (I can survive theme park movies flat floored, but not regular movies), full of mold, full of rude kids (every theater), etc. With that said, I am going to rent the movie when it's out on netflix.

I really hope this means that the Muppets will get a revamp at DHS!

I agree. But I would settle for Kermit and Miss Piggy meet and greets at least while the movie is in theaters. We will be visiting in mid-December and a picture with Kermit and Miss Piggy would be a highlight of the trip for me.

I took today off so I could pick up my kids when the get out of school at 11:30 today. We will have lunch and then go watch the Muppets movie. I'm really looking forward to it.

We plan to go tomorrow and maybe we'll see Hugo the next day. That one is supposed to be real good.

Why don't they do a Sweetums meet and greet???
The Museum Science and Industry here in Chicago had a Muppets event When Jim Henson's wife donated a lot of the stuff of course i had to run there with the kids it was amazing!!! you kind of forget who the muppets had! They also had all the characters from Dark Crystal so we had to come home and watch that too...

The Museum Science and Industry here in Chicago had a Muppets event When Jim Henson's wife donated a lot of the stuff of course i had to run there with the kids it was amazing!!! you kind of forget who the muppets had! They also had all the characters from Dark Crystal so we had to come home and watch that too...

I believe the Dark Crystal characters are technically not considered Muppets. I think they came from Henson's "Creature Workshop" and not his "Muppet Workshop." Or something like that.

This thread is making me bummed that we didn't see the Muppets show at DHS when we were there. Our little one (age 1) had just had ENOUGH by the time lunch rolled around and had a tremendous meltdown, so we ended up leaving the park and going back to the resort for a much-needed nap.

Just another reason to go back...

The Henson folk still very carefully guard their brand, IIRC. According to a former CM at Muppetvision, they would occasionally take Sweetums out "for a walk" on a leash. It was against the rules, but they would do it anyway...until one day they did it not realizing there was an event in the park that Brian Henson was attending and the manager of the attraction had a freak out on the CM's. They never did it again.

I believe the Dark Crystal characters are technically not considered Muppets. I think they came from Henson's "Creature Workshop" and not his "Muppet Workshop." Or something like that.

No kidding! that's crazy...

The Henson folk still very carefully guard their brand, IIRC. According to a former CM at Muppetvision, they would occasionally take Sweetums out "for a walk" on a leash. It was against the rules, but they would do it anyway...until one day they did it not realizing there was an event in the park that Brian Henson was attending and the manager of the attraction had a freak out on the CM's. They never did it again.

That's terrible. They are in the park but can't come out???

I was talking to the people in Harley Davidson i wanted to get my friend a tee shirt with Goofy on the Harley, She had told me that Harley is currently with Warner Bros so Disney characters on bikes... But the contract will be redone this winter and may go over to Disney. I wonder if the Hanson crew will do the same??

In reference to a PP refrencing that WDW has abandoned the muppets, I was watching a video of the Holly -Days parade at DHS from 2005. The Muppets were promently featured throughout the parade so it wasn't to long ago that they had a more significant presence. I can definitely see the new movie helping to bring them back.

OT, the parade itself was pretty lame by Disney standards.

The Muppets may, or may not, be rejuvenated at WDW by the release of the new movie. But since this thread is more about the movie and former TV series than it is about the theme park attraction, I have moved it to the Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music board. :)

Wow, that's a huge rating on Rotten Tomatoes

That deafening “squeeeeee!” you hear emerging from your Internet is the sound of the film-geek community celebrating the fact that Jason Segel, co-screenwriter Nicholas Stoller, and director James Bobin got The Muppets right.

Our very own Josh Tyler rewarded their efforts with a perfect 5-out-of-5 star review. And he’s far from alone. The Muppets enjoys a stellar 97% Fresh grade on Rotten Tomatoes, with only three stingy critics (out of 96 filed reviews) opting for a “Rotten” grade.

Just got back. Very nostalgic for me being a child of the 80's. The movie dragged a bit during the middle but overall I thought it was a good family film. I think it will do well at the box office. Lots of clapping in the theater at the end of the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter