The Muppets just may be rejuvenated, starting this week.

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
For those who think that the Muppets have lost a lot of their popularity, and that the DHS and DCA attractions (MuppetVision 3D) have become ill-attended since Jim Henson's untimely death and the puppet troupe's subsequent purchase by Disney,
help just might be on the way from actor-writer, Jason Segal.

"I think at some point, The Muppets changed a little bit," said Segal during a break from filming earlier this year. "Our goal with this movie is to reintroduce The Muppets to kids in a way that's reminiscent of the movies from the late '70s and early '80s. The great thing about those movies and what Pixar does now is they don't pander or condescend to children."

More HERE

The new film looks hysterical- Trailer HERE.

Photo of Segal and friends.

Jason-Segel-in-the-new-Muppet-Movie.jpg

Thanks Robo for posting :goodvibes. I am so excited that the Muppets are coming back, I was a huge fan when I was a kid which started with the The Muppet Show and then of course I had to watch The Muppet Movie as much as I can, then there was the ever popular Great Muppet Caper and Muppets take Manhattan :thumbsup2. My family loves MuppetVision 3D and is a must do when we are at DHS and of course it is also a must to stop in at the Muppet store. My DD10 is a huge fan as well and is very excited for the movie to come out plus she has just realized that Muppets merchandise has made it to our local Disney Store....guess what she is asking for for Christmas :goodvibes.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

that they are back!

They were hysterical on SNL- and on GMA... just great!

Segal was on GMA this morning and he said that when he was at the reading, he cried, he loves Kermit!! He felt it was important that the Muppets were back!

The early word is overwhelmingly positive. However, I'm a bit skeptical. I'm hoping for the best, though...

I love the Muppets.

I don't even know who Jason Segal is so it's not like I'm going to the movie to see him.

As a longtime, die-hard Muppet fan I'm pretty stoked about the Muppet-revival we seem to be enjoying and I hope it lasts. Hopefully the movie does well enough that Disney will finally release the last two seasons of The Muppet Show on DVD.

I don't even know who Jason Segal is so it's not like I'm going to the movie to see him.

In addition to making quite a few films, Jason has been starring on one of the highest-rated sitcoms on CBS for over 6 years, now.

He stars in that show along with THIS guy.

neil-patrick-harris-walk-of-fame.jpg

(If you don't know who that is, then whatever I say here won't matter, anyway. ;) )

I know who he is because I've seen him host the Tonys (not to mention back when I watched television he had his own show)...never seen the show you're talking about.

I laughed my but off at the Muppets on SNL. If you missed it try and find the clips on Youtube...or OnDemand. Oh my gosh. It was funny to see them in a little more "adult" than normal.

And the "Really" skit during weekend update with Kermit and Seth Meyers was so funny. They were talking about Congress ruling that pizza was a vegetable in school lunches. I forget why he said it, but Kermit said something about "looking like they were stuffed in a sausage casing" and he turned to Seth and said "I'm gonna pay for that later". Seth was like "Why would you pay for....ohhh....sausage." It was so funny.

And then of course the commerical for pistachios with Kermit..."bio-degradable containers"

I wasn't aware that they had gone "out of style"... :confused3

My husband bought me the Muppet Show DVDs- there are 6 of them so far but I think some are missing- and I watch them with my children and their friends.

I have always loved the Muppets and Sesame Street. We see the Muppet Show every time we go to Disney. It cracks me up everytime I am there...reminds me of the original show and watching it with my parents. (Along with Hee Haw, Little House on the Praire, Wild Kingdom, Gong Show, and other oldies but goodies.)

Call me foolish, but I really think that the Muppets always had staying power. Kermit is almost as iconic to me as Mickey is....(oooooh, I said it out loud.)

I have a bad feeling about this movie . . . generally the quality of a movie is inversely proportional to its pre-release hype, and this one has been hyped beyond anything in recent memory.

I really, really hope I'm wrong, though.

I have a bad feeling about this movie . . . generally the quality of a movie is inversely proportional to its pre-release hype, and this one has been hyped beyond anything in recent memory.

I really, really hope I'm wrong, though.

Check the reviews, so far...

Not a lot of reviewers have filed as yet, but all of the ones now posted are positive.

Associated Press
New York Daily News
Variety
Hollywood Reporter
Boxoffice Magazine

Looking pretty good.

My 5 year old DD went off to school sporting her new Miss Piggy socks this morning. Now if WDW would only have a Kermit and Miss Piggy meet and greet to go along with the movie and new Muppet push! Good grief- they brought out a big pink smelly evil bear for months, surely the pig and frog deserve some spotlight!

My 5 year old DD went off to school sporting her new Miss Piggy socks this morning. Now if WDW would only have a Kermit and Miss Piggy meet and greet to go along with the movie and new Muppet push! Good grief- they brought out a big pink smelly evil bear for months, surely the pig and frog deserve some spotlight!

I am soooo hoping Piggy & Kermit come back for meet and greets.

I'm crossing my fingers that the movie is good and that the Muppets gain popularity again! I love them!

Good :) I love the Muppets. One of my favourites is the Muppet Christmas Carrol. Best version ever :thumbsup2

LOVE LOVE LOVE

that they are back!

Segal was on GMA this morning and he said that when he was at the reading, he cried, he loves Kermit!! He felt it was important that the Muppets were back!

I'm so glad someone has decided to bring something new to the Muppet attraction! I love the Muppets (have their show on DVD) and I can't wait to see what they do with them!

Maybe in the future there will be a Muppet Meet and Greet? I'd love to see that!

Jason Segal is a life long Muppet fanatic. If you watched him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (which he wrote) his character has a drema of doing a Dracula musical with puppets. This is an ACTUAL dream of Jason's since he was a kid and he actually wrote the musical in real life hoping to get The Henson company to agree to create it with him....so he wrote it into the movie script and they went to the Muppet folks to have them produce that section of the movie. There's a whole bit about it on the DVD extras.

Once Jason had his foot in the door with Henson, he wrote the Muppet movie that's coming out now and brought it to them. they loved it and the rest as they say is history.

I Have very high hopes for this movie. NORMALLY... i'd agree.... Movie Quality being inversely proportionate to the pre-release hype.

HOWEVER...

This movie has gotten a lot of hype, but it's not your normal Hype machine. The trailers we've been getting for months have been some of the best trailer parodies I've seen in ages. They have done an amazing job at not only lampooning trailers from other movies, but even some good genre trailer parodies. (Perfect example, the original "Green with Envy" trailer.). It's only been the past couple weeks that we've started to get more traditional pre-release trailers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter