~The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare~ Hell Yeah!

I finished City of Glass!!!
Wow! It was fantastic!! I am so glad I didn't give up on this series after the first book! I really loved it and I really hope they make it into movies. City of Glass really cleared everything up and had a great ending.

I called her in here earlier to show her that Dragon series..she read them all. :)

Are you on goodreads yet?? She's on there, too and really does read some great books. :) I'd love to see your list!

I am on goodreads, as kaoden39. I need to sit down at the comouter and do my reviews. We read a lot in our house. My husband should do it too he reads at least a novel a week.:scared1::scared1: And works 12 hour days. He reads to relax during breaks at work. And at night. If he likes a book he even reads it faster. I have been so bad I have taken this thread way off topic. I am sorry OP. I should start a thread just about reading...or one of us should. It could be fun.

Wow! It was fantastic!! I am so glad I didn't give up on this series after the first book! I really loved it and I really hope they make it into movies. City of Glass really cleared everything up and had a great ending.

It is good series and we are anxious for the prequel series. But alas we shall have to wait until fall of 2010 I believe.

I am on goodreads, as kaoden39. I need to sit down at the comouter and do my reviews. We read a lot in our house. My husband should do it too he reads at least a novel a week.:scared1::scared1: And works 12 hour days. He reads to relax during breaks at work. And at night. If he likes a book he even reads it faster. I have been so bad I have taken this thread way off topic. I am sorry OP. I should start a thread just about reading...or one of us should. It could be fun.

I dunno... I'm not a stickler for On Topic but it's not my thread so...

On Goodreads you can look up the Twilightaholics book club and join if you like. It's mostly, obviously, people from the twilightaholics thread on the dis but I think you've been over there before? :confused:

I'm going to look you up as a friend!

CP... let's start a book club thread! - I realize I could do it but you're better at that sort of thing.

Your daughter would like that I am sure. I got hooked on reading her when I bought one of the books for the girls and read it first. That was all it took. That's also how I got hooked on Harry Potter.

Kaoden! I forgot to tell you... I added Tamora Pierce as a friend on my goodreads account... I sent the comment, "My daughter is a HUGE fan and I wanted to thank you for giving her great characters to read!" And today, this afternoon, (1 hour before I checked my email) she sent me a message back that said "Thank you and say hi to your daughter for me!"

So that was SO COOL! It looks as though she keeps her goodreads account updated which is so funny! Goodtimes!

Thanks, Kaoden for pushing me in that direction.. it gave my whole family big smiles today (in a famous-making way!)

LOL

I'm #3 of 11 in line for the audio recording. Maybe listening to it will spice it up for me. :confused3

Kaoden! I forgot to tell you... I added Tamora Pierce as a friend on my goodreads account... I sent the comment, "My daughter is a HUGE fan and I wanted to thank you for giving her great characters to read!" And today, this afternoon, (1 hour before I checked my email) she sent me a message back that said "Thank you and say hi to your daughter for me!"

So that was SO COOL! It looks as though she keeps her goodreads account updated which is so funny! Goodtimes!

Thanks, Kaoden for pushing me in that direction.. it gave my whole family big smiles today (in a famous-making way!)

LOL

She is a great lady. Is it any wonder I am a fan of hers for life.

Okay this is my pick for Magnus Bane.

6pb2b8.jpg

His name is Dante Basco. I caught him in a movie this morning and I thought hmm.

Okay this is my pick for Magnus Bane.
His name is Dante Basco. I caught him in a movie this morning and I thought hmm.

I love the name Dante Basco! :lovestruc He's a QT

However, he's a little too vanilla for my tastes. I want my Magnus more "inflammatory" KWIM? ;)

I love the name Dante Basco! :lovestruc He's a QT

However, he's a little too vanilla for my tastes. I want my Magnus more "inflammatory" KWIM? ;)

I think with the right amount of eyeliner and cats eye contacts. And the flashy clothes.......

Yay! I'm so glad you finished the series and enjoyed it! :goodvibes

CP... let's start a book club thread! - I realize I could do it but you're better at that sort of thing.

Sure, I'll make one and post the link soon. :goodvibes

My neice loves these books! She couldn't stop telling me about them. I was impressed one of the characters had the same name as my son, it's not the common, at least I thought it wasn't.

ok, i finished all of the 'cities'. i agree that the 2nd and 3rd were far better then the first but i think they could have been much better. i like a bit more feeling from a book and when i only cry once for the whole series i think the author missed a few marks.

i also felt that a lot of the big surprises weren't so surprising after all, i could sense what was coming and wasn't thrown off guard when they hit. does that make sense?

anyway, jace is still a hot character and i loved magnus bane.

ok, i finished all of the 'cities'. i agree that the 2nd and 3rd were far better then the first but i think they could have been much better. i like a bit more feeling from a book and when i only cry once for the whole series i think the author missed a few marks.

i also felt that a lot of the big surprises weren't so surprising after all, i could sense what was coming and wasn't thrown off guard when they hit. does that make sense?

anyway, jace is still a hot character and i loved magnus bane.

Yea... I hear ya! I'll be able to discuss it soon enough. I'm number 8 in line for book 3. :rotfl:

For those of you who have finished City of Glass here is a a blog entry by Cassandra Clare that might interest you. And I wrote her an email yesterday asking if she would be visiting northern California on tour in the near future. I received an email back a few hours later from her. Very nice lady.

For those of you who have finished City of Glass here is a a blog entry by Cassandra Clare that might interest you. And I wrote her an email yesterday asking if she would be visiting northern California on tour in the near future. I received an email back a few hours later from her. Very nice lady.

Where's the blog entry?? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter