the moan and groan about "free dining"

just a quick question - what does the above mean? we are waiting on ROFR info from disney so DVC really is all new to us. just curious about what that means since i want to be a savvy DVCer!

what does booking split stay ressies do for you? what won't you have for the length of your stay?

thanks!

you just need 2 different ressies. I am 99% sure if you booked say 5 nites at AKV (it doesnt have to be 2 different resorts)and then added 4 more nights that is 2 different ressies. so you could have deluxe dining on the first and nothing on the second. since your ddp ends at midnight the day you check out, you could essentially use your credits until then. stretching out our plan

so with wisdom you could get 6 days worth of meals out of 5 nights of paying .
I know for most of us on check out day we are lucky to have a breakfast and.or a lunch option before we leave..ie not enough time. so, by doing some split ressies you can help the "too many credits and not enough time problem"

you just need 2 different ressies. I am 99% sure if you booked say 5 nites at AKV (it doesnt have to be 2 different resorts)and then added 4 more nights that is 2 different ressies. so you could have deluxe dining on the first and nothing on the second. since your ddp ends at midnight the day you check out, you could essentially use your credits until then. stretching out our plan

so with wisdom you could get 6 days worth of meals out of 5 nights of paying .
I know for most of us on check out day we are lucky to have a breakfast and.or a lunch option before we leave..ie not enough time. so, by doing some split ressies you can help the "too many credits and not enough time problem"

hmm... that is an interesting method. I never did thought of it that way... I wonder tho if the names in both reservations are the same would they let you do that or if they'd automatically combine both reservations? If the lead names are different they might just work, BUT does that mean they would require you to move rooms?

hmm... that is an interesting method. I never did thought of it that way... I wonder tho if the names in both reservations are the same would they let you do that or if they'd automatically combine both reservations? If the lead names are different they might just work, BUT does that mean they would require you to move rooms?

you dont need different names. however technically speaking you do risk having to switch rooms. link the ressies and odds are good you wont have to switch(unless you make it for a different room category. ie reserve a 1nedroom for 5 days and then a studio for 3 days

you would need to make 2 different phone calls to make this type ressie..call for the first 5 days and then wait and call back and add on some more days, so depending when /where you are booking you could risk a waitlist or something

I agree with you 100%.

We all need to realize the choices we made and be happy with it. There will always be a "there should be this or that or we deserve this or that".

If you are unhappy with DVC since you think the discounts out there are better then sell your contract to someone who wants it.

Otherwise, be happy and grateful that you are a DVC member since many of those people banking on discounts (only can go that way every once in awhile) would love to be in DVS.

Life is 100% Attitude, you choose how you view it....positive always wins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter