The Merry Christmas Sheldon Hypothesis! May & Nov 13 PTR..Updated 4/13

I hope everyone had a great Halloween! We are working like crazy up until the 9th and then we go on 2 weeks vacation. I will be bummed because we were supposed to be leaving for Disney that day but I plan to cheer myself and the DH up by participating in multiple Disney themed day during those 2 weeks ;) Also during that time will be ADR day for our May trip! I am still debating what ADR's we really even want :confused3 Since its my birthday trip I want to go to Boma but I'm not sure how much the DH would like the food? He wants to go to 50's PTC again so that's an option and then I also have $100 in Landry's gift cards that put T-Rex and Yak & Yeti on the board. :rolleyes1 Decisions Decisions!

I just have to share the most adorable costume my husbands nephews had last night...

61138_484748571558730_964940260_n.jpg

It's Carl!! Up & Ghostbusters are two of my DH's favorite movies so he was very honored his nephews loved him enough to dress as his favorites!! Just kidding but it was quite a surprise.

I think I am one of the few people here on the DiS that likes Yak and Yeti. It's so convinient! You do have to order certain dishes to really get a good experience, I think. :)

I think I am one of the few people here on the DiS that likes Yak and Yeti. It's so convinient! You do have to order certain dishes to really get a good experience, I think. :)

I would make a reservation at Yak & Yeti just to try the dessert wontons I'm pretty sure. Everytime I see a picture of those babies my mouth waters :thumbsup2

-Wow am I the only one who can't believe it is already November? We can make our ADR's next Tuesday the 12th so I think I have our park plans settled (for now :rotfl:) I must remind you I am married to a commando so if there is a park opened we will be there!

Saturday 5/11: Arrival Day we should be at POP by 1p at the latest (note we are leaving Indiana at 1p Friday yes we drive straight through!) We plan to check in and hopefully our room will be ready so we can shower and then head out to our first park :hyper: What park you ask? Why Magic Kingdom of course! It's not real until the chunky girl cries walking down Main Street :lovestruc We will be there until they close and I want to try to catch the electrical parade and Wishes the first night.

Sunday 5/12:
Animal Kingdom 9a-2p
Hollywood Studios 2p-7p
Magic Kingdom (EEMH) 7p-12a
**See I told you I married a commando**
We are planning to have a lunch ADR at Rainforest this day since it's Mother's Day. My hubby said we should have a deccent sit down meal and he wasn't sure we would like Yak & Yeti.

Monday 5/13 (The madness continues :rotfl2:)
Animal Kingdom 8a-12p MEMH
Epcot 12p-6p
Hollywood Studios 6p-11p EEMH
I want to see Fantasmic this day but I'm hoping for a second showing after the 9p one.
Also this day I'm thinking of surprising the DH with a 50's PTC ADR. He loves that place!

Tuesday 5/14 (The Calm begins??)
Epcot 8a-1p MEMH
Downtown Disney 1p-4p (I probably won't get that long but I at least need to hit World of Disney!)
Magic Kingdom 4p-9p
*I think this evening would be a good time to explore AOA we will see if the DH agrees*

Wednesday 5/15 (Relax finally :lmao:)
Hollywood Studios 8a-1p MEMH (back up day for a 50's PTC ADR)
The rest of the day is a whatever floats your boat kind of day. We will head where ever we want to or do what ever we missed earlier in the week.

Thursday 5/16 (Last Full Day :worried:)
Magic Kingdom 8a-10p MEMH
I think I will get a Crystal Palace ADR this morning for a late breakfast. We have never done any character meal and I'm seeing this as the perfect chance.

Friday 5/16 (See you soon)
Departure Day :( :( I'm hoping that it won't be quite as sad since we will know that we will be back in less than 6 months.

.....of course there is always.

My little devious plan :laughing::woohoo:
Sheldon is of course a huge Star Wars fan (who saw that coming??) and since it looks as though Star Wars weekends I am thinking of surprising him with One More Disney Day! His birthday will be in June and what could be a more perfect surprise? I even want to surprise him by:

Knock, knock, knock Brian
Knock, knock, knock Brian
knock, knock, knock Brian
*if you watch Big Bang Theory you'll get it!*

Now I just need to verify that Star Wars Weekends do in fact start then and decide if I want to just stay at POP or maybe try someplace new for 1 night??
/

Re: Monday.
I thought DH and I hopped a lot. You have me beat!

I'm here! Ohhh, your title. I love it.

Re: Monday.
I thought DH and I hopped a lot. You have me beat!

:welcome: Oh my husband is very much a hopper! We went to Kings Island on our honeymoon and I kid you not 5 days into park open to close in 100+ degree heat I was begging to go back to the hotel he says "I'll buy you a Coke & a Ice Cream if you suck it up we only have 6 more hours" :rotfl:
He may have got "the look" but I made it through! At least I can say we have fun!

I'm loving your PTR. Can't wait to read more and am subbing to the thread. Awesome!

I'm loving your PTR. Can't wait to read more and am subbing to the thread. Awesome!

:welcome:And hang on tight its about to get interesting around here! Tommorrow at 2pm Eastern I begin what should have been the 2012 Disney Trip but is now 2013 Trip Planning Two Week Bonanza! :yay: I have quite the array of Disney Movie Nights up my sleeve, ADR's to make, park plans to question change and ultimately leave just as they are, you know the usual DIS board activities. :rotfl2: Throw in Thanksgiving, Black Friday, a baby shower and two coupon classes to teach and I think the next two weeks will pass quickly!

Oh and the official countdown is at 6 months and two days! :woohoo:

I had a doctors appointment and managed to make ADR's via text message with my little bro at my laptop :/ I already received the emails confirmations so he did it right and we are dining at Rainforest Cafe, 50's Primetime Cafe, and I have a Sci Fi reservation for 5/17 just in case we do stay for Star Wars Weekends. We didn't book too many for this trip so we can do more on the longer Anniversary Trip in November. I am anxious to see if this disboards app actually works :)

Great report. :thumbsup2

I love all your Big Bang Theory references. My kids and I love, love, love that show. We are a bunch of nerds just like on the show!

Your plans look great and full but I don't think I could keep up with you, I used to love to go commando, but I'm too old. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to reading more. :goodvibes

Looking good:thumbsup2. I can make our ADR's tomorrow. So excited!!

:yay: Here's hoping you get all your desired times!

Great report. :thumbsup2

I love all your Big Bang Theory references. My kids and I love, love, love that show. We are a bunch of nerds just like on the show!

Your plans look great and full but I don't think I could keep up with you, I used to love to go commando, but I'm too old. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to reading more. :goodvibes

I can't believe how much our little Indiana world resembles Big Bang, Brian is Sheldon, I'm Penny (I'm very southern and his idea of roughing it is Holiday Inn! I kill the spiders and assemble furniture :laughing:) My mother in law is so Walowitz's mom :rolleyes1, I find myself saying Bazinga quite a lot :rotfl2:
Enjoy the ride cause it's sure to be a fun one!

I am a huge Big Bang Theory fan so when I saw your title, I knew I had to join. My DS10 reminds us of Sheldon so much, it is not even funny. Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hopefully, they will all be squared away before your trip. We love SWW and I know you will too. We are planning on going May 25-June 1.

I am a huge Big Bang Theory fan so when I saw your title, I knew I had to join. My DS10 reminds us of Sheldon so much, it is not even funny. Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hopefully, they will all be squared away before your trip. We love SWW and I know you will too. We are planning on going May 25-June 1.

:welcome: So glad to have you along for the ride!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday! We had dinner, cleaned up and are now lounging:)

We did our 24 weeks until Disney Movie Night last night and ill post later when I get to my laptop.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday. Since the hubby was still on vacation we did venture out into the Black Friday Chaos and we say it prepares us well for the rope drops at Disney :rotfl2: Ok not really cause Disney people at least 90% of the time are not even close to that crazy :scared:

As I stated in my previous post we actually got back on track with our weekly Disney Movie Night countdown and we are down to 24 weeks :cool1: You kind of have to use a little imagination for this one but go with it:

CHRISTMASVACATIONDMN-1.jpg

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation for the Osborn Lights :lmao: The part where Clark Griswold decorates thier house is the closest thing to Osborn Lights that we are going to see this year :sad: For the meal we had leftover soup and popcorn out of our Disney Christmas Popcorn Bucket. I even broke out the Mickey Chrismas dishes. That is actually a cookie and cocoa set but, it worked out well!

I am actually in full planning mode now since we are now past the week where we were originally going to be at Disney. 2012 has been very rough but, I am fully believing 2013 is going to overflow with pixie dust pixiedust: One of the greatest sources of heartache in 2012 was not getting our princess and to rub salt in the wound the same week we found out she wouldn't be ours fate smacked us in the face when my hubby's neice announced she was pregnant :worried: And now of course she is due any day and I've been put in charge of the shower. I can't say I was happy but I put a little Disney spin on it and it makes it a little better!

DIAPERCAKE-1.jpg

It's a cowboy theme and I had to add a little Woody and Bullseye to the diaper cake :thumbsup2 I like it and if the mommy doesn't I'll gladly take them home with me!

Now I have to go catch up on everyone elses PTR & TR's :wave2:

So we are only a tiny little 23 weeks away from Disney so it's time for another Disney Movie Night ;) We had one on Wednesday night since I knew my Hubbys favorite movie "UP" was on and I had stopped and picked up a yummy Outback meal. We are going to call it "a Le Cellier" meal since hey its steak!
PrimeRib.jpg

That was the hubby's carb crazy plate, I had salad instead of rice & fries (I am bound and determined to not look like Shamu in my pictures next year!) I know I cheated on this meal but right now the home care agency I work for is crazy busy and just grabbed something tasty on the way home :laughing:
Instead of just one movie for movie night last night we watched Aladdin & UP since they were both on ABC Family. Is anyone else loving all the Disney movie they are having right now? I personally find it awesome!

We also have managed to decorate our tree in the last week...
brianornament2-1.jpg

Thats DH with this years new Mickey & Minnie ornaments. Since we couldn't make it to Disney this year I ordered that set when I ordered our copy of Brave from the Disney Store.

YELLOWTRON-1.jpg

BLUETRON-1.jpg

I had to share Sheldon's perfectly Sheldonish Tron ornaments :lmao:

And then there's these...

STAYPUFT-1.jpg

DELOREAN2-1.jpg

Mr Staypuffed from Ghostbusters and the Delorean from Back to the Future! Ha now do you believe me? I do have to say Brian has requested I change his name to Leonard for the trip reports because he says "Leonard is so much cooler than Sheldon." Bahahaha he better watch or my trip title will be "Raj tours the world" :rotfl2:

pixiedust:First of all I'm so sorry I have been MIA for so long :( Between being really busy at work, and all of the usual holiday festivities I have been spending any and all of my free time with the family. But since we are having a BLIZZARD right now I think I have time today :rotfl2:

This Christmas was absolutely overflowing with pixie dust pixiedust: We started it off right by addressing all of our gifts to awesome Disney couples:

001-1-1.jpg

Then Sheldon got these awesome Sheldonrific gifts (we got lots of others but I'll only post the Disney related ones:) )
STARWARSSOCKS_zps5c0c89a7-1_zpsadda6bd1.jpg

VINYLMATIONCUBSampYODA_zps489c15f1-1_zpsa6222db8.jpg

Are those socks not the cutest Sheldon socks ever? These were Brian's first vinylmations and I do believe I may have started something bad ;)

Then I got these adorable Disney gifts:
MICKEYROBE_zpsd2fb6669-1_zpsa694720e.jpg

MICKEYJEWELRY2_zps29d3f5cf-1_zpseba9fd88.jpg

The first one is the adorable Mickey ears on my new robe :lovestruc I just love it! And the second is my cute Mickey jewelry.

Then we also got a Disney Theme Parks Calendar from a friend who went in October and got us one since she knew we wouldn't be able to go get our own. And this little beauty that while not actually Disney related but will be used for our Disney Movie Nights:

POPCORNMACHINE_zps321dff5c-1_zpsc3b699b6.jpg

Now are you ready for the mother load?...............

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

DISNEYGIFTCARDS2012_zpsf3418b91-1_zps705ddf03.jpg

Ahhhhh :cool1: :worship: did you just hear the hallelujah chorus? Well you should have! All the generic Mickey ones are $50 gift cards from my Mother in Law! I just love that woman:goodvibes The other two are the ones I got Brian since he really couldn't think of anything he wanted. That's right folks $400 worth of Pixie Dust was dumped into our laps yesterday!

On the planning front we leave in 19 weeks and 2 days!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I am trying to think of a Disney Movie Night for tonight since we definately aren't going anywhere!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Years! One of my resolutions for this year was to make sure we have our Disney Movie Nights. Most people think I'm insane but, even adults deserve some fun! As of Friday we are less than 18 weeks until Disney :woohoo: and for this night we watched Monsters Inc. We thought about going and seeing it in 3D but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $27 :scared1: for 2 tickets.
I was planning to do a post on my blog about making your own Chinese food so I tied the two together.

In the movie Mike takes his girlfriend to Harryhausens Sushi so we had....
MIKEBEEF.jpg

Harryhausen's Beef & Broccoli

We also had...
ROZRICE_zps9a5f438d-1_zps27e5c2a3.jpg

Roz's Rice

And...
BOOPINEAPPLE_zps668e1178-1_zps30d5a898.jpg

Boo's Pineapple (think Yak & Yeti Wontons)

And to drink...
SULLYSODA.jpg

Sully Monster Soda (it was really BLUE but you can't tell it in the picture!)

Also I hope you noticed the adorable plate a lady at work made me.
MICKEYPLATE_zpsb5ae7d8f-1_zpsccc18226.jpg

I guess people really know me. I of course am constantly catching grief for going to Disney without kids but hey it's thier loss to not see how awesome Disney really is!;)

On the planning front we dropped our QS dining plan since we have 3 table serice meals planned and lets be honest we can totally share 80% of Disney meals. We also have the money to pay off our trip and pay for our Annual Passes but, we decided to leave it in our money market account until the day we have to pay off the trip. The annual pass money will stay in there until we leave May 10th! We figure any little bit of interest is something! And it also feels great to know the money is right there and not have to worry about it!

I am working on our park plans and making lists so I can pick up the things we need a little at a time.

Oh and did I mention between dropping our QS and the Disney Visa deal that came out we saved almost $700 on our trip :banana: I'm viewing that as $700 towards our room for November. Matter of fact I'm heading over to the website to rack rate price that trip right now! Have a great week everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter