The Masked Singer- No Spoilers Please

Yes, I vaguely saw the video clip of Ryan Reynolds being unveiled on the original, Japanese version of the show. But, the show sounded a little too weird for me. But after Kimblebee started this thread & I started reading along, and people mentioned the Peacock may be Donny Osmond, I got curious. So I did a YouTube search on the Peacock's performance & the clues. I listened twice to him singing that song and in my opinion, it doesn't sound enough like him. A little on the high notes. but not enough on the low notes. (The producers may have disguised his singing voice too. (They do the speaking voice.) Some clues fit, some can be anyone else. So, I'm kind of intrigued to find out if it's really him and who some of the other animals are.
I've decided to set my DVR for it :) and I'll catch up on the first two episodes somewhere. I'm like you that I though "uhh..ok not really my interests" but hearing about how other people didn't think they'd like it but they ended up liking it and the other responses has pulled me in lol.

If you don't want upcoming spoilers in this thread, it would be helpful to list that in the thread title. Otherwise someone is sure to list one. :headache:

I do have it in my op but some people skip over it. I’ll add it to the title..thanks :)

Nick Cannon, (the host & an executive producer,) just confirmed on ET that some people are purposely changing their [singing] voices to throw people off. :scratchin

He also said he was given the choice to know who the contestants are or not. He felt he didn't want to leak to the audience, if he knew ahead of time, so he chose not to know ahead of the reveal.

Last edited:
I am so obsessed with this show and have no idea why, lol. I had been thinking MC Hammer for the monster, but after a google search, he's too tall. I think the costumes (especially monster) may be deceiving as well. Could be a very slim person in there.

I don't know for most of them, but am dead set that Raven is Rikki Lake.

The panel on this show drives me crazy! They don’t listen to the clues and take them into account. Especially the Raven..they clearly said they had suffered a loss and were now trying to come into the spotlight.

I think their main purpose is to misdirect the audience by guessing people that really don't fit.

My very early guesses:
Peacock: Donny Osmond
Lion: Rumer Willis
Unicorn: Tori Spelling
Deer: Terry Bradshaw
Monster: T-Pain
Bee: Gladys Knight
Raven: Ricki Lake
Poodle: Margaret Cho
Alien: I have no clue yet
Rabbit: Joey Fatone

We actually don't know the level of people they will get. Ryan Reynolds showed up on The Masked Singer in the Japanese version and it went viral. So, other big stars may want to do it too, hoping for the same response on social media.

I'm wondering if it isn't one of the guys from Milli Vanilli. One of them is dead. The other one of did try to sing on his own after that lip syncing fiasco. But, he was still being shunned and not given any chance (or vocal lessons.)

I also thought of Vanilla Ice. People kind of turned their back on him after it turned out, Ice Ice Baby, had been plagiarized and Vanilla Ice still denied it, although it was so evident after hearing the original song by Queen & David Bowie. He was also getting into trouble with a lot of rappers. So, he just fizzled away.
Yes he did appear on the Korean version but it was a publicity for Deadpool. I honestly don't think that they will get super a level stars for this version.

I thought it was interesting that they didn't reveal any heights this week. Perhaps they thought it might be giving too much away so they took it out?

I'm expecting the celebrities to be reasonably well known so people have a chance at guessing, but really nobody too incredibly famous. Although since the show seems to have turned into an overnight sensation it might entice some people higher up on the celebrity food chain to do next season.

Anyway, I'm stumped this week, LOL. Margaret Cho is a good guess for the Poodle (She's from San Francisco, very involved in the LGBT community and does have some singing experience). I think I might have to go back and rewatch all the clue videos and keep trying.

I thought it was interesting that they didn't reveal any heights this week. Perhaps they thought it might be giving too much away so they took it out?

I'm expecting the celebrities to be reasonably well known so people have a chance at guessing, but really nobody too incredibly famous. Although since the show seems to have turned into an overnight sensation it might entice some people higher up on the celebrity food chain to do next season.

Anyway, I'm stumped this week, LOL. Margaret Cho is a good guess for the Poodle (She's from San Francisco, very involved in the LGBT community and does have some singing experience). I think I might have to go back and rewatch all the clue videos and keep trying.

I am so glad you said this! I thought I didn’t see the height but kept thinking I missed it or wasn’t realizing where it was said or shown the first week! But you make a good point!

It was an interesting show. I totally called Antonio Brown last night. My other guesses are the Unicorn either Paris Hilton/Tori Spelling, the deer - Terry Bradshaw, and the Monster - TPain, the peacock either Tom Jones/Donnie Osmond, and the lion I have no idea.
I think the Lion might be Kris Jenner.

Nick Cannon, (the host & an executive producer,) just confirmed on ET that some people are purposely changing their [singing] voices to throw people off. :scratchin

Well sorry to hear that. I think that's a stupid choice. Speaking voices obviously should be changed. But if they are masking their singing voices then it is difficult to care about guessing. Well for me. :drinking1

But then again there are many involved where we have never heard their singing voices. And I do enjoy the taped segment clues.

Last edited:
Caught up.

Episode two ----

Alien - I thought it was Paris Jackson for sure but then she said she has many sisters. Hmmm. Many sisters might be a Braxton. I have no clue now. ( EDIT :I did see how some thought the Lion was Kris Jenner. If that was correct I could see how they could come on as a small group - safety in numbers - and I would go with Kendall Jenner. But part of me would be all Why would Kendall who has a solid career or any Kardashian do this? But who would have guessed they would do Family Feud? :rotfl2:;))

Poodle - Margaret Cho (musical family threw me off though but they could be - didn't google). Legs seem like hers. For those who said Jillian she doesn't have bigger calves in my opinion.

Rabbit - I went so many places. Wondered if it was Twitch doing the twitching. Then he was so cocky I went to Donnie Wahlberg. But those legs are bigger so I wondered if everyone's Joey Fatone guesses were bang on. Did Joey ever play someone masked? Or is than an NSYNC reference?

And I also thought the "Yes, in a band" had a very sarcastic tone to it. Straight sarcasm or a play on band. Weird I know. I am probably hearing things that aren't there.

Bee - I thought I heard Gladys Knight but she is an even better singer than the bee(The bee was great). Like Robin Thicke I also thought I heard Diana Ross and she was a queen bee with The Supremes (but doubt she would make that a clue!) I can't see why either of them would be on the show but that's all I got. Didn't think it sounded anyrhing like Dionne.

Raven ' 100% on Ricki Lake. Thought the intonation of the speaking voice and parts of the singing sounded just like her. I would be very surprised if I was/ we were wrong on this one.

Last edited:
Just watched all again with DS. He guessed the Raven is Megan McCain. Based on hints and body shape ... little movement so not stage performer.

......Bee - I thought I heard Gladys Knight but she is an even better singer than the bee(The bee was great). Like Robin Thicke I also thought I heard Diana Ross and she was a queen bee with The Supremes (but doubt she would make that a clue!) I can't see why either of them would be on the show but that's all I got. Didn't think it sounded anyrhing like Dionne....
...I was thinking gladys Knight too, or even Tina Turner...

I think the rabbit is Justin Timberlake. He has been masked before on the Ellen show as the reindeer one year but maybe they mean masked some other way. I thought the tick he was doing was like timber ...lol Could totally be out of ball park.

My very early guesses:
Peacock: Donny Osmond
Lion: Rumer Willis
Unicorn: Tori Spelling
Deer: Terry Bradshaw
Monster: T-Pain
Bee: Gladys Knight
Raven: Ricki Lake
Poodle: Margaret Cho
Alien: I have no clue yet
Rabbit: Joey Fatone

I agree with this exactly.
Lion-Rumer is from Hollywood royalty and she is also currently starring on Empire and her voice sounds exactly the same.
Bee- Gladys Knight. She said she was the "Empress Bee". Gladys is known as the "Empress of Soul". She also started performing in 1957 at a young age.

I think the rabbit is Justin Timberlake. He has been masked before on the Ellen show as the reindeer one year but maybe they mean masked some other way. I thought the tick he was doing was like timber ...lol Could totally be out of ball park.

The rabbit is too large to be Justin. Justine is very small size wise. This guy has girth- I'm thinking Joey. He dressed up as Tigger one time in concert

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter