The Masked Singer- No Spoilers Please

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
Did anyone watch? I did and think it’s a very interesting premise. It is based off a Japanese show of the same name.

If you didn’t see it, there are 12 costumed people who come out and sing. Tonight there was 6 and I believe next Wednesday will have the final six. They are famous somehow, but you have no idea who they are. They do give clues in a taped bit before their performance. Some of the singers are really good, and some..not so much.

This will be a NO SPOILER thread. We can make guesses on who we think a character is, but I don’t want to know for sure until they are unmasked.

The characters who have performed already are:

Peacock
Hippo- eliminated (Antonio Brown)
Monster
Unicorn- eliminated (Tori Spelling)
Deer- eliminated (Terry Bradshaw)
Lion- eliminated (Rumer Willis)

Rabbit- eliminated (Joey Fatone)
Alien- eliminated (LaToya Jackson)
Raven- eliminated (Ricki Lake)
Pineapple- eliminated (Tommy Chong)
Poodle- eliminated (Margaret Cho)
Bee

** I’ll update this thread each week to show who’s been eliminated. So, if you read this thread before you watch the show be warned..skip this opening post.

Now, bring on the theories! My guess for the Peacock is Teller of Penn and Teller.

Last edited:

We ended up watching it because our neighbor just happened to be over and mention it. I ended up enjoying it.

Definitely think the Peacock is Donnie Osmond.

That was my first thought but the magic act clue threw me off. Plus, it didn’t really sound like him, but, I haven’t heard him sing in a long time.

That was my first thought but the magic act clue threw me off. Plus, it didn’t really sound like him, but, I haven’t heard him sing in a long time.
I thought the Peacock was Hugh Jackman. He played a magician in the movie, The Prestige.

I thought the Peacock was Hugh Jackman. He played a magician in the movie, The Prestige.

Hard to say. I think the Unicorn might be Paris Hilton. I tried looking up celebrities with the nickname ‘bird’ but didn’t get anywhere lol

Peacock is probably Donny Osmond
Almost positive Tori Spelling is the unicorn. She grew up in Beverly Hills, was always told she wasn’t good enough, and her name means bird in Japanese. I’m thinking the Lion is Rumer Willis. They made mention of being “true”, Hollywood royalty, and a pride which could be all her sisters. I’m so invested in this show now!

ETA- Unircorn’s clues mention Girl Scouts and Tori Spelling was in Troup Beverly Hills.

Last edited:
Donny appears to have done some magic tricks with his sister on stage. My DD10 and I googled “Donny Osmond Magic Tricks” and several old videos popped up on YouTube.

I have to admit - the show was oddly addicting. My 13 year old and I started watching a little bit of it as a goof and ended up hooked.

We tuned in because my daughter loves characters and costumes and performances. We were immediately hooked! Had so much funny guessing. I wish it came in multiple times a week because were too impatient for this once a week thing, lol!

Donny Osmond was my first guess on the peacock too. Honestly it looks like a costume he would pick, he was on stage at age 5 and hasn't left, he was good friends with Michael Jackson and he performs in Vegas and has done magic acts. There was a point in the song he sang where I could swear it sounded like he did on the songs in Mulan. I haven't heard him sing in a long time though.

I thought of Tori Spelling with the unicorn but wasn't sure she could sing at all. Her speaking voices drives me up the wall so. . .

At first I thought the Peacock was Zac Effron but the whole friends with Michael Jackson didn't make sense, Donny Osmond makes more sense.
I think the Monster sounds a lot like Seal.
I think the Deer could be Emmitt Smith. But I could be way off :rotfl:

Really found the show intriguing.

I missed how tall they said the Peacock was. I was guessing Penn, not knowing the height in relation, but had thought of Donny Osmond before they confirmed has been part of a magic act.

I was way off on the hippo but blame not noticing a part of his skin color being able to be seen. I kept thinking it was Jenny McCarthy's husband Donnie Wahlberg as he dances similar and them trying to pull a fast one on her. He does sing a bit better but thought he could also not put everything in it too.

Unicorn - was thinking Paris Hilton or Nicole Ritchie or a Kardashian.

It was an interesting show. I totally called Antonio Brown last night. My other guesses are the Unicorn either Paris Hilton/Tori Spelling, the deer - Terry Bradshaw, and the Monster - TPain, the peacock either Tom Jones/Donnie Osmond, and the lion I have no idea.

I wasn't even going to watch before this thread. I'm watching it now and liking it :)

ETA I agree the monster sounds like Seal. I have no clue about the rest. Donny Osmond sounds like he fits the peacock, but I haven't seen him perform since the Donny and Marie show when I was kid.

Last edited:
It was an interesting show. I totally called Antonio Brown last night. My other guesses are the Unicorn either Paris Hilton/Tori Spelling, the deer - Terry Bradshaw, and the Monster - TPain, the peacock either Tom Jones/Donnie Osmond, and the lion I have no idea.

I am not sure about the deer. He is definitely a big guy. The panel was guessing a wrestler. If so, its NOT Stone Cold I am almost positive, but could be Chris Jericho. I haven't heard Chris sing but he does have a band and tours regularly. Several of the wrestlers sing their own theme songs so its very possible.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!