The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pond's moist wipes are also good makeup removers, I keep them in my case when I'm in a show. Not like washing, but it takes off makeup well.

I also got some stuff from Ulta (can't remember what brand off-hand, I think it was Borjois) that is an eye-makeup remover in a tiny tube with a sponge, so you can fix mistakes without taking everything off. Nice when you're in a hurry.

Ok, another question, what is the best eye cream to get rid of puffy eyes immediately? Have used Garnier Nutrisse, Clinique Just for Eyes, and Loreal double lift in the past few months. Not as good as Avon's eye gel in the orange pot that they've stopped making!!!:sad: I will trade a few wrinkles if someone can depuff my eyes--it's making me look old!!!

whogirl'smom, I posted this reply earlier for another DISer!! Revitalume amazing. She was looking for something for dark circles and I was looking for something for puffy eyes!! Well this does BOTH!!! Read through the link!! I love it. I have been using it since October. I am VERY happy with the results. FINALLY. I also was using the Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff eye roller....naaa not happy with that at all.

I get stressed out way to easily and it affects my eyes. I was having some serious under eye bags and I needed something and Revitalume has been amazing!!! Here is the link. Again kinda pricey but I give you my A+ testimonial on this product. Read through the entire link.

http://www.revitalume.com/

Bella the Ball, I really feel you will be very very happy with this product. ::yes::

Try it for free for 30 days!! If you love it and do not return it, they will then bill you $49.95! If you love it (as I do) then they will automatically enroll you in their Rewards program and every 2 months you will get a new bottle for $49.95! You can cancel ANYTIME you like! I use a drop in the morning after my shower and again in the evening after I wash my face. I am very impressed with it!!! And no smell to it at all. :thumbsup2

Terms and Conditions of Revitalume
Start your FREE 30 day trial now and you will receive a full size bottle of RevitaLume (a 60 day supply with a retail price for $64.95). You'll evaluate this amazing product and see the results for yourself. If you love RevitaLume as much as we do, simply do nothing and at the end of your 30 day trial, you will be charged the super low price of $49.95 - a 23.1% savings! If, for any reason, you decide that RevitaLume is not right for you, simply call 1-800-335-9323 and return the unused portion. You will NEVER be billed.

Plus, when you accept this FREE Trial, you will also receive a FREE membership to the RevitaLume Healthy Rewards Program. You will continue to get a fresh supply of RevitaLume every 60 days for the low price of $49.95 (plus shipping)... a 23.1% discount! It is easy to modify or cancel anytime by calling 1-800-335-9323.

I LOVE makeup, but all of a sudden what used to work for me is not any more. My skin is oilier now than it ever has been and I'm 41! Anybody know the best oil control foundation? Or mattifying lotion?

I really really really like Everyday Minerals in Matte and Intense. I mix one of those with the semi-matte, and it's wonderful. Have you tried Mineral makeup?

The other thing I REALLY like about Mineral makeup - is when you take pictures, the flash doesnt reflect off your face - and make you look like a ghost. Anyone else notice that?

CathrynRose, are you saying this is a GREAT mascara as I need a good one. I am currently using Maybelline's Define-A-Lash!! What are your thoughts on that particular one..ya or nay???

I love the Too Faced mascara. It took some getting used to - but now Im hooked. Ill admit that initially I was like "ehhh - I dont know if I like this" - but the staying power is amazing. No smears or anything. And your lashed can REALLY be built up with it.

Ill admit Im a makeup snob when it comes to mascara. Ive never tried the Maybelline one.

CathrynRose....you started this thread on the anniversary of my free MAC make up four years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was just reminicing about today. LOL

Seriously,
I am looking for a flat iron....has anyone used a Solano Sapphire? MY HD used one and it is fantastic. It is not a well known brand but I found it on Folica for 129 and at some vaccuum site for 109 but I am holding off till I find out if non professionals really like it. I know when I go to my HD my hair always looks better and I can never replicate it even if I have the same tools.

Like I said - I bow down before you because of that. I dont even think I would have been able to think straight for weeks, after that happening!

I have never used that iron. Have you checked like makeup alley or anything for reviews?

Sometimes I think youre best going with what you KNOW works - a CHI.

For blush it's Nars all the way.

ETA: I just switched to Technician by Frederic Fekkai for shampoo and conditioner and I like it, but I am never brand loyal for haircare products. I like something different every time. I'd love to hear what everyone is using and likes.

Totally. Nothing at all like NARS blush. I have Outlaw, Orgasm & Deep Throat. I also REALLY like Too Faced's bronzers. They have a set of 3, around xmas - had all 3 of them in there. I love that thing.

Im a snob with shampoo and cond. too. I wont use anything NOT salon brand. So, although I have tried that Fekkai smoothing stuff, I havent used the S & C.

Im using Redken All Soft - Goldwell Kerasilk - TiGi Moisture Maniac & Chi's line, right now (yeah - I switch a lot)

And I also use Sunglitz's pigmented shampoo, mixed in with whatever shampoo I'm using (it's SO concentrated) But I use the blue and purple - to keep my blonde from getting brassy.

How did I miss this thread? Hello All!!!!!!

FYI ~ if you have a Facebook account join Sephora as a fan & you sometimes get "special" discount codes!!!!!

YAY!!

Ok, another question, what is the best eye cream to get rid of puffy eyes immediately? Have used Garnier Nutrisse, Clinique Just for Eyes, and Loreal double lift in the past few months. Not as good as Avon's eye gel in the orange pot that they've stopped making!!!:sad: I will trade a few wrinkles if someone can depuff my eyes--it's making me look old!!!

What did you think of the Garnier one? Ive never used one, and was thinking about trying it.

Those of you who have a selection of perfumes, how do you keep them from going rancid? The most I ever have is two because of this.

I use perfume everyday. So, none of them have ever gotten bad. And when I get sick of them - they become air fresheners. LOL! Expensive air fresheners.

whogirl'smom, I posted this reply earlier for another DISer!! Revitalume amazing. She was looking for something for dark circles and I was looking for something for puffy eyes!! Well this does BOTH!!! Read through the link!! I love it. I have been using it since October. I am VERY happy with the results. FINALLY. I also was using the Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff eye roller....naaa not happy with that at all.

just wondering is this something you have to order or can I buy this in a store? I would like to try this. thanks :goodvibes

Those of you who have a selection of perfumes, how do you keep them from going rancid? The most I ever have is two because of this.

I always make sure to keep them in a cool, dark, dry place--namely, my linen closet. They basically don't see the light of day unless they're currently in "heavy rotation," but even then, I keep those in a drawer in the bathroom. I can't remember the last fragrance I had go bad on me. Actually, now that I think of it, the only fragrance-esque thing I've ever had go bad was a small bottle of Bath & Body Works original Freesia splash--it smelled like pure alcohol, but by that point, I'd had it for probably 13 years or more. None of my other splashes have "turned" in the slightest, and I've never had a perfume/cologne go nasty on me.

Ok, can someone help me with eye shadow primer?

I've never used it. What does it do? Make the shadow last longer?

Who makes the best one?

Thanks!

You know how a primer primes the wall when you paint, well that is what shadow primer does. It evens the pallet so to speak. I like Urban Decay it is only 16.00 but even though that seems reasonable there is really very little product in the container. It is very deceptive.

Thanks. Cetaphil is on the shopping list and I'm heading over to Garnier Nutrisse website.
If you can get it at Costco or BJ's b/c they are cheaper for the two pack and they usually give you an extra like a bar of Cetephil soap in the pack. I like that too it keeps my skin from drying out.

Speaking of drying out has anyone tried the Fresh brown sugar body scrub? It is great however it is very expensive. It is 65 a jar. Fortunately a friend has given it to me as a gift on two occasions otherwise there is no way I would spend that on body scrub.

You know how a primer primes the wall when you paint, well that is what shadow primer does. It evens the pallet so to speak. I like Urban Decay it is only 16.00 but even though that seems reasonable there is really very little product in the container. It is very deceptive.

I like the Too Faced one. They had a sample mini in that (did you guys ever go get that set I talked about? The mascara, shadow, lipgloss and min primer in that cute pink bag??)

Anyways - that mini lasted me a long time. So I got the big tube and I really love it. :thumbsup2

just wondering is this something you have to order or can I buy this in a store? I would like to try this. thanks :goodvibes

Yes, cheermom, you have to buy it online. I tried so many different products for my puffy eyes and with my son's pending wedding I kept trying different items (and not being happy) decided to try Revitalume!! I am very happy with the results. Yes, a tad bit pricey but a better deal when you select the free option and are then enrolled in their rewards program.

Here are my previous posts.

I get stressed out way to easily and it affects my eyes. I was having some serious under eye bags and I needed something and Revitalume has been amazing!!! Here is the link. Again kinda pricey but I give you my A+ testimonial on this product. Read through the entire link.

http://www.revitalume.com/

Bella the Ball, I really feel you will be very very happy with this product. ::yes::

Try it for free for 30 days!! If you love it and do not return it, they will then bill you $49.95! If you love it (as I do) then they will automatically enroll you in their Rewards program and every 2 months you will get a new bottle for $49.95! You can cancel ANYTIME you like! I use a drop in the morning after my shower and again in the evening after I wash my face. I am very impressed with it!!! And no smell to it at all. :thumbsup2

Terms and Conditions of Revitalume
Start your FREE 30 day trial now and you will receive a full size bottle of RevitaLume (a 60 day supply with a retail price for $64.95). You'll evaluate this amazing product and see the results for yourself. If you love RevitaLume as much as we do, simply do nothing and at the end of your 30 day trial, you will be charged the super low price of $49.95 - a 23.1% savings! If, for any reason, you decide that RevitaLume is not right for you, simply call 1-800-335-9323 and return the unused portion. You will NEVER be billed.

Plus, when you accept this FREE Trial, you will also receive a FREE membership to the RevitaLume Healthy Rewards Program. You will continue to get a fresh supply of RevitaLume every 60 days for the low price of $49.95 (plus shipping)... a 23.1% discount! It is easy to modify or cancel anytime by calling 1-800-335-9323.

I love the Too Faced mascara. It took some getting used to - but now Im hooked. Ill admit that initially I was like "ehhh - I dont know if I like this" - but the staying power is amazing. No smears or anything. And your lashed can REALLY be built up with it.

CathrynRose, is this available at Sephora???

Here's my .03 :upsidedow : All around winner for me is the Almay eye makeup remover pads, non-oily formula. They are around $5 and work on everything but waterproof mascara and do not irritate my eyes or leave a film on the inside rim of your eyes like the oily ones.

I like Clinique's Take the Day Off, but it is a liquid and they are messier to me than the pads. Works well, though, no irritation and I don't know how much it costs because it was in a combo pack I bought.

Don't laugh, but, if you really want to save bucks, you know what I found works great? Pamper's Sensitive baby wipes (in fragrance free if you can find them)! They are soft, get the mascara off and feel like they aren't tearing at my eyelids. That one came from being a new mom and running out of remover and being desperate! 72 for around $3.50. I use these in conjunction with the Clinique stuff to wipe it off because it's softer than a cotton pad or tissue.

TO depuff eyes use Patricia Wexler available at Bath and Body and on line also at Sephora I think. If you go to B and B ask them for a sample or just buy it try it and if you do not like it bring it back they will take it back no questions asked.

I like the Too Faced one. They had a sample mini in that (did you guys ever go get that set I talked about? The mascara, shadow, lipgloss and min primer in that cute pink bag??)

Anyways - that mini lasted me a long time. So I got the big tube and I really love it. :thumbsup2

I will try the Too Faced b/c the Urban Decay did not even last 30 days. Thanks CR.

What perfume's do you already like?? Like fruity, oriental...what do you tend to gravitate to?
I really like Vera Wang's Princess and Clinque Happy Heart. I also use a lot of Bath and Body Works sprays. I love stuff from Bath and Body Works.

CathrynRose, is this available at Sephora???

Yes - totally.

You know, I never realized how much Too Faced I used, until this thread. I really like that brand. I dont think they get enough talk time, IMO.

I have to say - does anyone own Stila - Kitten shadow? It's awfully nice. I had been looking for a long time for a shadow that almost appeared wet?? Does anyone know what I mean?

Stila Kitten does. It's a phenomenal highlighter. Just fabulous.

Picture%203_2.png

TO depuff eyes use Patricia Wexler available at Bath and Body and on line also at Sephora I think. If you go to B and B ask them for a sample or just buy it try it and if you do not like it bring it back they will take it back no questions asked.

Is it pricey? Have you tried it and do you like the results? I mean I love what the Revitalume is doing for me, really love it. BUT I really would love to buy something IN A STORE that works!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2 I have been hearing more and more about Patricia Wexler as well as Trish McVoy(??) lines of make-up and beauty products!

Well, I'll be ......

In searching for a picture of Kitten to show you, I came across Kitten LIPGLOSS by Stila!! :worship: :woohoo: I didnt even know it existed.

Guess where *I* am going tonight, and guess what I'm getting!!

What a pretty color!

Stila-silkshimmergloss.jpg

Well, I'll be ......

In searching for a picture of Kitten to show you, I came across Kitten LIPGLOSS by Stila!! :worship: :woohoo: I didnt even know it existed.

What a pretty color!

Wait...I have seen that line at B&B Works, I believe!!! ::yes::

OK, LADIES...I know have the BIGGEST, HUGEST notepad here in front of me and all I am doing is writing, writing, writing!!!! :rotfl2: I will need a BACKPACK when I go to Sephora for my notebook and EVERYTHING I PLAN ON BUYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

For those who are asking about primer for eyeshadow... the key to using any kind of primer is to not use too much, otherwise, the shadow will end up doing exactly what you're trying to prevent... creasing.

One of the best ways to apply is to take a fluffy eyeshadow brush (MAC brush #224 is a good one) and take a tiny bit of MAC paint (if that's your primer of choice) on the back of your hand, and work it into the brush. You only need a tiny, tiny bit... like smaller than a pea. Then use the "windshield wiper" motion across your lids to apply. It will apply a very thin, even, sheer layer. Then apply your shadow(s) as normal. If your pressed for time, you can also use your finger to apply. Just touch your finger to the primer to make just a dot on your finger, and rub on your lid. Make sure when applying you cover the entire lid from inner corner to outer corner and up to just above the crease (don't go all the way to the brow bone).

And when using MAC Paints as primer, don't be afraid to experiment. For example, use Canton Candy paint when applying pink shades of shadow, it will make the colors really pop.

I really really really like Everyday Minerals in Matte and Intense. I mix one of those with the semi-matte, and it's wonderful. Have you tried Mineral makeup?

The other thing I REALLY like about Mineral makeup - is when you take pictures, the flash doesnt reflect off your face - and make you look like a ghost. Anyone else notice that?

Ill admit Im a makeup snob when it comes to mascara. Ive never tried the Maybelline one.

Like I said - I bow down before you because of that. I dont even think I would have been able to think straight for weeks, after that happening!

I have never used that iron. Have you checked like makeup alley or anything for reviews?

Sometimes I think youre best going with what you KNOW works - a CHI.

Totally. Nothing at all like NARS blush. I have Outlaw, Orgasm & Deep Throat. I also REALLY like Too Faced's bronzers. They have a set of 3, around xmas - had all 3 of them in there. I love that thing.

Im a snob with shampoo and cond. too. I wont use anything NOT salon brand. So, although I have tried that Fekkai smoothing stuff, I havent used the S & C.

Im using Redken All Soft - Goldwell Kerasilk - TiGi Moisture Maniac & Chi's line, right now (yeah - I switch a lot)

And I also use Sunglitz's pigmented shampoo, mixed in with whatever shampoo I'm using (it's SO concentrated) But I use the blue and purple - to keep my blonde from getting brassy.

YAY!!

What did you think of the Garnier one? Ive never used one, and was thinking about trying it.

I use perfume everyday. So, none of them have ever gotten bad. And when I get sick of them - they become air fresheners. LOL! Expensive air fresheners.

I used the Garnier and really it was not good at all. I did not like it. As far as I could see it did nothing. I think it was about 14.00 and if I am heading down that path then I am going for a "luxury" brand as Ulta likes to call the non drug store brands.

Well, I'll be ......

What a pretty color!

That looks like something I would wear. I don't like a lot of the darker colors, but I love light pinky / peachy lip glosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts