The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...I have seen that line at B&B Works, I believe!!! ::yes::

OK, LADIES...I know have the BIGGEST, HUGEST notepad here in front of me and all I am doing is writing, writing, writing!!!! :rotfl2: I will need a BACKPACK when I go to Sephora for my notebook and EVERYTHING I PLAN ON BUYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

I know - that's why we need to know when that friends and family 20% off is going to be, again! :laughing:

The thing I like about Sephora - is you can use what you buy, and if you dont like it - you can return it. Perfume too.

I recently did that with a..... .what brand was it..... it was.... I dont remember....but it was a gel pot eyeliner. It looked like Mac's (which rock!!!) and this one stunk!

It's the same one they sell on HSN.... the little pots made to go on your 'waterline'. Dont buy them.... theyre icky, Way too dry.

Is it pricey? Have you tried it and do you like the results? I mean I love what the Revitalume is doing for me, really love it. BUT I really would love to buy something IN A STORE that works!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2 I have been hearing more and more about Patricia Wexler as well as Trish McVoy(??) lines of make-up and beauty products!

It is less than the Revitalume I think it is like 20 or less a tube. I lucked out b/c they had this kit on line at Bath and Body once and it had a ton of Wexler in it. It sold for 49.00 but they had marked it down to 8.00 so I just bought 4 of them and have not needed to buy the de puffer or the serum for over a year and a half. It also had some other Wexler items in it. As I said before, ask for a sample if they do not give you one they will tell you to try it and bring it back if you do not like it.

I know - that's why we need to know when that friends and family 20% off is going to be, again! :laughing:
The thing I like about Sephora - is you can use what you buy, and if you dont like it - you can return it. Perfume too.

I recently did that with a..... .what brand was it..... it was.... I dont remember....but it was a gel pot eyeliner. It looked like Mac's (which rock!!!) and this one stunk!

It's the same one they sell on HSN.... the little pots made to go on your 'waterline'. Dont buy them.... theyre icky, Way too dry.

Are you serious is there really a friends and family at Sephora? OMG really ?

Catherine Rose don't toy with me if it is not true.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

What

OK EVERYONE, I just called Bath & Body Works here in NB at FASHION ISLAND. They have no idea when the next Friends and Family sale will be. Last one was right around Thanksgiving. She took my email address and will be emailing me as soon as they know. She said if you check the website they will post it there as well. :surfweb:

No STILA at B&BW, it is at SEPHORA!!! :thumbsup2

has anyone heard of the purity mineral make up? if so have you tried it and is it good and what is the cost like? thanks :goodvibes

Hi all! Mascara Queen joining in to say I tried the mascara Cat recommended - Too Faced Lash Injection and she wasn't lying. This stuff is amazing! Really. It took me a while to get the hang of it because the consistency is very different from what I am used to, so my right eye is a little clumpy. However, the left went on much easier and my lashes now look fabulous!! :cool1: I thought Fatale was the be-all and end-all of mascaras but I think I like this stuff better! And it is soooo much easier to apply.

Hi all! Mascara Queen joining in to say I tried the mascara Cat recommended - Too Faced Lash Injection and she wasn't lying. This stuff is amazing! Really. It took me a while to get the hang of it because the consistency is very different from what I am used to, so my right eye is a little clumpy. However, the left went on much easier and my lashes now look fabulous!! :cool1: I thought Fatale was the be-all and end-all of mascaras but I think I like this stuff better! And it is soooo much easier to apply.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kim has movie star lashes! YAY! Her lashes have been 'injected'!!! :wizard:

I like the way it smells, too. I dunno why.... but I do. :laughing:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kim has movie star lashes! YAY! Her lashes have been 'injected'!!! :wizard:

I like the way it smells, too. I dunno why.... but I do. :laughing:

eeewwww, really?? That was one thing I DIDN'T like. Really funky smell. I can put up with it, though, for the results I get.

eeewwww, really?? That was one thing I DIDN'T like. Really funky smell. I can put up with it, though, for the results I get.

Yeah - I know. I said I 'dont know why'. :lmao:

I like chemically smells - like gasoline, nail polish, paint thinner..... :hippie:

Yay, I'm glad you joined us. I was enjoying your eyelashes thread yesterday until people started giving you emotional advice! I think you are beautiful and I hope you will give us your beauty tips! No time limits for application here!

I didn't go into your lash thread till it was mention later but when i did :scared1: it was awful i felt so bad for you i couldn't believe what i read. i thought while i don't spend that much time on my lashes who am i to say she shouldn't. i bet some of those people spend more time on something else that you don't spend that much time on kwim?

Yay, I'm glad you joined us. I was enjoying your eyelashes thread yesterday until people started giving you emotional advice! I think you are beautiful and I hope you will give us your beauty tips! No time limits for application here!

Xena makes me laugh - emotional advice. :lmao: That about sums it up.

In addition to make up - which I know, is horrifyingly eye opening, when it comes to showing my insecurities, I shower too... sometimes I use all the hot water cuz I like it so much. Could I be on the verge of suicide? Perhaps I am Schizophrenic? Hmmm? Hmmm? :confused3

:rolleyes1

I will try the Too Faced b/c the Urban Decay did not even last 30 days. Thanks CR.
I was afraid of that. I have a hard time getting much product on the applicator. I just bought it so I may return it.

For those who are asking about primer for eyeshadow... the key to using any kind of primer is to not use too much, otherwise, the shadow will end up doing exactly what you're trying to prevent... creasing.

One of the best ways to apply is to take a fluffy eyeshadow brush (MAC brush #224 is a good one) and take a tiny bit of MAC paint (if that's your primer of choice) on the back of your hand, and work it into the brush. You only need a tiny, tiny bit... like smaller than a pea. Then use the "windshield wiper" motion across your lids to apply. It will apply a very thin, even, sheer layer. Then apply your shadow(s) as normal. If your pressed for time, you can also use your finger to apply. Just touch your finger to the primer to make just a dot on your finger, and rub on your lid. Make sure when applying you cover the entire lid from inner corner to outer corner and up to just above the crease (don't go all the way to the brow bone).

And when using MAC Paints as primer, don't be afraid to experiment. For example, use Canton Candy paint when applying pink shades of shadow, it will make the colors really pop.
I have small eyes and I use my finger to apply it, but I just barely squeeze and touch my finger to the end of the tube and it's usually enough. It really goes a long way.

For those of you using MAC or who plan to, do you know about Back to MAC? If you return (recycle) 6 empty primary packaging containers (like lipstick tubes, compacts, etc...not the boxes) you'll get a free lipstick.
http://www.maccosmetics.com/giving_back/btm_return_packaging.tmpl

Wait...what...emotional advice on an eyelash thread?? :confused:

Anyway..wanted to post this; if you have dry skin as I do out here in SoCal...I put this on every night after I shower on my legs and arms!!! Absolutely so nice and not the least bit oily or messy.

Body Moisturizer!!! :goodvibes

BodyOil85oz2006_185x225.jpg

Neutrogena Body Oil
Lightweight
Absorbs quickly
Available in Original and Fragrance-free

For those of you using MAC or who plan to, do you know about Back to MAC? If you return (recycle) 6 empty primary packaging containers (like lipstick tubes, compacts, etc...not the boxes) you'll get a free lipstick.
http://www.maccosmetics.com/giving_back/btm_return_packaging.tmpl

Actually, if you return to a MAC counter, you can only get a lipstick. However, if you return them to a MAC store, you can pick a lipstick, lipgloss, or eyeshadow. It excludes Viva Glam products, though, since all monies from those products go to AIDS Research.:thumbsup2

Actually, if you return to a MAC counter, you can only get a lipstick. However, if you return them to a MAC store, you can pick a lipstick, lipgloss, or eyeshadow. It excludes Viva Glam products, though, since all monies from those products go to AIDS Research.:thumbsup2

This may sound like a dumb question, but can you buy the MAC at one place and bring the empty back to a MAC store? So, if I buy at Bloomingdale's can I still bring it back to a MAC store? Thanks :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter