The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Friends!

We're booked and I'm introducing ourselves.

Meredith, 36 at time of cruise
Ian, 47 at time of cruise

We're from Utah with four kids, but they'll be staying home.

We're in 6143, Aft inside. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. First was a Western Caribbean on the Magic (Double Dip) back in Sep 2008, and the second was Pacific/Mexican Riviera in Jan 2011.

So exciting to see so many familiar names!!! Happy to be back on board, no kids this time... Sorry - no bendy things, cartwheels or challenging Mickey to a jump off...

Good to see you too! I assume no champagne girls in your room eiher....

So exciting to see so many familiar names!!! Happy to be back on board, no kids this time... Sorry - no bendy things, cartwheels or challenging Mickey to a jump off...

Yeah!!!! I heard from a little birdie that you might be joining in and corralling adult family with you. I'm seeing some sad :sad1: faces in your house!! Hmmm, just think what trouble we all can get into without munchkins around!!!

Please not with any rain! Remembering the torrential downpour outside the Hard Rock 2010!

That was something else ... I have never been so drenched ... we walked down to Lynne's appt on the harbour and were up to our knees !!

Just thought of something else that can be organised....

The Pre Cruise drinks/dinner Hard Rock Cafe in Barcelona! It's a tradition!!! :goodvibes

I know Michael and I have both done this before ... I am happy to do it again. Will have a look to see if I still have an email for the contact we used.

It's official! Count me in! :goodvibes

Like many of you, I cannot wait to cross the Atlantic on Magic again!! Moreover, I'm thrilled to see so many familiar "faces" here! It will be awesome to see some old friends again and to make new ones!!

I'm super excited that I got the same stateroom I had on the 2010 WBTA! The bonus of "free" square footage in this cabin for Cat 9C is amazing, especially for two weeks. :)

I'm also thrilled to see that if I were to book a flight today for the afternoon of Saturday, Sept 21, 2013 from SJU to CMH, it's only $168! Since those are comparable days/time that we'll need in 2014, it's encouraging to think a low rate like that may be possible. I also had a great rate of around $360 to BCN back in 2010. Fingers crossed that can happen again as well!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Yay Kimberly :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Great to see you're on board.

I think I'm so excited about getting to see everyone again! What a great group of people to travel with! :banana: And a chatty group at that...

We are also taking the Disney Med cruise this July. The DisBoards group for that cruise is only to page 24...while this board has only been active for 3 days and already is on page 21!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Chatty, chatty, chatty! :mic: :mic: Love it!

Hi Peggy and Roger :cool1::cool1:

Go ahead and add us to the roll-call, please (even though Dennis scowls at me every time I mention this trip):

PFlamingo - Pat, DH Dennis (the practical, scowling, party-pooper)

I had a seriously crappy day at work, and I told Dennis he needs to just let me go ahead and plan this. :mad: Life is too short and the money will be there, somehow. It always is. I lead a basically charmed life, with some crappy work days thrown in to keep me humble and remind me why we need to take this trip!!!!

Okay, venting finished. Thank you. Needed to do that. All better now. :)

Great to see Dennis has come around to your way of thinking and I'm sure he didn't need too much persuading.:thumbsup2

Yay ... Sue and Glenn .... it gets better all the time.

I can't believe we are cruising with so many friends from 2010 and 2011 ... plus lots of new ones to meet ..... sooooooo excited !!!!! :woohoo:

Sarah, yeah! I was worried we didn't hear from you immediately on opening day! So many people we enjoyed meeting in 2010, our luggage delayed, the rain, we had dirty clothes and drenched clothes. We finally got our luggage at 2am and we had to get up and reorganize it for getting on the ship because luggage out to be out by 8, not fun then, but way funny now!!

Still having first world problems in deciding what to do with this cruise. We booked WBTA on gold/platinum day, excited about the price (cheaper than 2010). On the second day of openings, DCL had a major price mistake in our favorite rooms on the Fantasy for their fall cruises. We got Cat Ts for ~2K pp. they are usually anywhere between 3-4+ K. At that price, it may be only time we can do a B2B on the Fantasy in "our rooms" that cheaply. The soonest we would decide is at the end of October, if Mike *doesn't* like the Fantasy, it will be a no-brainer. If he *does* like the Fantasy, then we'll figure out what cruise (s) we'll wind up taking by flight logistics and prices.

So bottom line, I'm here for now. But not fully committed. When (if) we fully commit, I'm glad to work with the shoreside concierge to plan anything that needs to be done. :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone

Two newbies to the group here. Please add us to the roll call Claire, Jules and my hubby Ian, we booked last night room 6650.

Really looking forward to sailing with old friends and making new ones.

Claire, if you need me to help with anything, please let me know x

Morning cruisers. :goodvibes

I have updated the roll call, welcome to all the new people onboard. It is going to be a fab cruise! :banana:

Oh good i'm glad my ramblings made sense to someone. :goodvibes

If at some point over the next few days you would like to post what you are organising and the info people need to PM to you then I will add it to the first few posts on page 1.

Thank you. :thumbsup2

Karen.....I'm with you.....I am so far behind in my scrapbooking (i.e. as far back as 2010 Med. cruise!)....but I still pick up things that I feel I'll use in my scrapbooking! :confused3 Looking forward to scrapbook exchange on the cruise. In a few minutes, I'm going to post some pics on the FB site of how messy my scrapbook room is with all my undone projects! UGH! :blush:
Still have those "beachy" borders that you had gotten for me!

Look forward to seeing you on the cruise again!

I still have the lovely borders Karen got for me too. :hug: I find some (ok most of it) stuff so cute that I don't want to use it. :rotfl:

Claire.....amazing all the scrapbook stuff I find I HAVE to have even though I'm over 3 years behind in scrapbooking! It's an addiction! I hear there is a 12-step program for this kind of thing! ;)

I have some scrapbooks started for holidays 10 years ago that i'm never going to finish. :rotfl2:

We need to get signed up on that program!! ;)

I meant Claire MaQuire not McQuite! Grrrrrr! :mad: Sorry Claire! lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Still wrong...it's Maguire! :lmao:

We are in #6503.

No worries. :goodvibes Thanks for the list I will add it to the first page. :thumbsup2

Us "Newbies" to the group look forward to joining in on that too !!!!:cheer2:

This thread is reminding me of the Dis thread we had for the 2008 EBPC - we got to 15 threads before we sailed. This group has that same fun energy - I sure hope we get to sail with y'all !!

Welcome, would you like to be added to the roll call? If so please post the names (and childrens ages) of everyone in your party and cabin number. :goodvibes

It is a great group. :cool1:

Welcome aboard. :thumbsup2

I've added you to the roll call. Sue & Glenn is that right?

I know Michael and I have both done this before ... I am happy to do it again. Will have a look to see if I still have an email for the contact we used.

That would be great Sarah. :goodvibes If at some point over the next few days you would like to post what you are organising and the info people need to PM to you then I will add it to the first few posts on page 1.

Hi Everyone

Two newbies to the group here. Please add us to the roll call Claire, Jules and my hubby Ian, we booked last night room 6650.

Welcome aboard hun, so pleased you've booked. :hug:

There is lots of stuff still to be organised so if you want to do something then let me know what....I am sure some more drinks tastings will go down a treat with all us boozers!!! We have Rum & Mojito so far. :)

Claire.......after some consideration.....I'm going out a limb and saying I'll head up a private rum tasting if it's not already taken. :stir: Don't know anything about how to do it, but I could get with Michelle since she did the mojito tasting last WBTA. She can give me some pointers (hint, hint Michelle! ;))

Deb - anytime, you know where I am if you need me:thumbsup2

Welcome to all the people that have booked.. names and recognise and some I don't, but looking forward to getting to know you over the coming months.

Ok Mojito Tastings..

Would you kindly PM me if you are wanting to partake in the tastings - thank you.

Pinky166 said:
That would be great Sarah. :goodvibes If at some point over the next few days you would like to post what you are organising and the info people need to PM to you then I will add it to the first few posts on page 1.

Welcome aboard hun, so pleased you've booked. :hug:

There is lots of stuff still to be organised so if you want to do something then let me know what....I am sure some more drinks tastings will go down a treat with all us boozers!!! We have Rum & Mojito so far. :)

No worries I suppose if I do one, it should be tequila as I am so known for the Rita lol x

Julie2009 said:
I'm so looking forward to this cruise, after the brilliant WBTA of 2010 and 2011.

Could you add me please Claire - Julie travelling solo. :)

Yay!! :) :)

Buckeye Gal said:
It's official! Count me in! :goodvibes

Like many of you, I cannot wait to cross the Atlantic on Magic again!! Moreover, I'm thrilled to see so many familiar "faces" here! It will be awesome to see some old friends again and to make new ones!!

I'm super excited that I got the same stateroom I had on the 2010 WBTA! The bonus of "free" square footage in this cabin for Cat 9C is amazing, especially for two weeks. :)

I'm also thrilled to see that if I were to book a flight today for the afternoon of Saturday, Sept 21, 2013 from SJU to CMH, it's only $168! Since those are comparable days/time that we'll need in 2014, it's encouraging to think a low rate like that may be possible. I also had a great rate of around $360 to BCN back in 2010. Fingers crossed that can happen again as well!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Oooh that's lovely Kimberley! :)

saratogagirl said:
Hi Everyone

This is getting better and better! :)

I'm trying to remember if anybody has already volunteered to organise us Champagne Girls, as I feel a 'legal' obligation..... ;) shout out if I'm treading on toes, if not I'll take it on.....

Bring on the [color =pink] bubbly![/color]

:):):):)

I'm trying to remember if anybody has already volunteered to organise us Champagne Girls, as I feel a 'legal' obligation..... ;) shout out if I'm treading on toes, if not I'll take it on.....

Bring on the [color =pink] bubbly![/color]

:):):):)

Sorry I volunteered for that event yesterday. I think there's still plenty of other events to organise if you want to do something else :thumbsup2

Tod&Copper said:
Sorry I volunteered for that event yesterday. I think there's still plenty of other events to organise if you want to do something else :thumbsup2

Lol, no problem at all. I'm happy not to be the one organising at all! ;)

I shall of course be taking part, throne and tiara at the ready ;)

OK Claire in at the deep end, I will sort the tequila tasting!

Could anyone interested pm me with your names and room number. Claire has also reminded me to let you know that there is an extra charge, and seems to think last time it was in the region of $20 - $25 per person.

Michelle, would you mind pm'ing me to let me know how you organized the mojito tasting with DCL...

Tequila it makes us happy whoo hoooo!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter