The Label

• Thread starter RIP@HM4afterlife
  • Start date
R

RIP@HM4afterlife

How many people have problems with people judging them and labeling them? Everyone right?

WELL...

When I first moved to South Carolina everyone LABELED me a tomboy bad @$$ (3rd grade). But that wasn't me at all. I am a sweet person. People make fun of me for SOME of the people I talk to. The people I talk to are kind of werid and just cause they don't have the best cloths in the world doesn't make them a bad person. Now that I am in high school they LABEL me prep which is better than 3rd grade but still...I personally would like to be me without being LABELED everytime I turn around! I would just like for us all to have a goal for the new year to stop labeling everyone and to give people a chance.

The reason I am going off like this is becaue one of my friends at school was called something at school and her mom works there. Well of course word got to her mom and now she has to go to a private school and the whole thing was a lie....a simple little lie that turned into a rumor then and "fact".

LUV YA

I hate lables! The tick me off so much!`

Labels are just so stupid to me- I mean, why do we need them? Every person is different- no one fits into one certain category!

labels are stupid

and the shirts at AF(prep,jock,slacker,rockstar etc.) just make me mad

dont get me wrong I love AF but there are no needs to have shirts with labels like that on it!

Labels are so stupid.
I go to a private school and when i tell people that who don't know me...they automatically think that i'm a rich and snobby person which isn't true at all.
The kids at the public high school can't stand us because they think we think we're better them when in reality we went to school with most of those kids until 7th grade! so we're just like everybody else..our school is just set up differently. it really bothers me.

I think labels are so stupid. I mean, most people don't even fit under any of the labels anyway! There's this people in some of my classes who really bother me cuz if you come to school wearing Abercrombie, they completely go off on you, like, "Oh, you're wearing Abercrombie, you must be a preppie!" And then they'll do their imitation of a "preppie"- a cheerleader w/ a high pitched voice and a huge ego. It's like, not everyone is like that!

whenever i talk to friends that have gone to college they say that when you are at college there is not labels at all. i wish every could be like but i guess it can't. i think it is a way some people make themselves feel better about who they are by making fun of others by using labels. i just don't care. if i can chill with em and have a good time thats all that matters.

omg Norah!! I totally am with you!! i hate private school sterotypes!! they're the worst!

I hate labels. People are INDIVIDUALS. I get called a schooly all the time, because I get good grades. That doesn't mean I don't go out and have fun, I just balance my time. But people assume that because I take honors/AP classes I have no life. :rolleyes: Whatever, I just ignore them.

Oy...the whole label thing frustrates me so much, but I won't say too much about it right now.

Basically, it all boils down to the fact that people just don't understand. I think it's a part of life, dealing with people who no matter what you do, just don't get what you're all about. It's kind of scary...lately, I find myself thinking along the lines of the whole high school mentality, you know, with the different categories of people, etc...and i'm going to college in 8 months! Will the rest of life be as shallow as this stage of life? Gaah. Makes me wonder if the next generation of movers and shakers will be like this. Of course people grow and change, but sheee-eez. I hope i'm overthinking here. Just, anybody who has had a bad experience with being labeled by your peers, keep your head high and do anything possible to let yourself know that this !@#%& won't last long. If you start thinking of yourself in terms of what others label you, you'll have self-esteem problems later. Well, if you take it too seriously anyway.

JC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter