The Journey Begins…Live Aulani Trip Updates.

Breakfast this morning at Makahiki. Food was decent. IMO a bit overpriced for what you actually get considering the character interaction is minimal and you are kind of rushed along. But I knew what I was getting into. Headed to the pool for the day. We’ll see if the Holiday weekend brings the crowds .638967638968638969

Ok a) your boys are adorable and b) good grief, that’s a ridiculous lot of capers! LOL Sounds like you’re having a great trip.

Check in at Aulani was a breeze. Just waiting for our room and going to see Chip and Dale now
Are you a DVC member? If so, did you just have to show your temporary member card from the DVC website? I've been reading mixed reviews from WDW about some CMs not accepting the image as "enough" proof, so hoping it is a non-issue at Aulani when we arrive.

Are you a DVC member? If so, did you just have to show your temporary member card from the DVC website? I've been reading mixed reviews from WDW about some CMs not accepting the image as "enough" proof, so hoping it is a non-issue at Aulani when we arrive.
Huh? You don't need member ID (of any form) to check in for a reservation.

Huh? You don't need member ID (of any form) to check in for a reservation.
This will be my third trip to Aulani, and I was asked to show my member ID during check-in both previous times. Maybe it was for exemption from the parking fee? (I don't really remember). Or maybe I just have a suspicious face. :rolleyes1

The only time I was asked to show a card was to get the DVC sparkly pool bracelet. They are going to want to see the cards in the new digital form versus screenshot. Other than that I don’t get much because I am a lower class white card holder.

This will be my third trip to Aulani, and I was asked to show my member ID during check-in both previous times. Maybe it was for exemption from the parking fee? (I don't really remember). Or maybe I just have a suspicious face. :rolleyes1
That's very strange because if you used your points to make a reservation for some random friend who isn't a DVC member, when he checked in he'd be entitled to free parking since he's staying on points though he obviously wouldn't have a membership card.

Now I'm going to rack my brain all afternoon trying to figure out what they could possibly need an id card for.

Technically, us Poors aren't supposed to get the sparkly wristband either.
There seems to be a lot of confusion here among cast members about DVC and resale vs direct. Some people are giving us peasants the discount just because we have the bracelet others want the blue card. They did tell us of some procedure to get the card digital since they are going to stop accepting screen shots.

Last edited:
Got a late start today didn’t get to the pool till 1030 HST. Front row seat at the pool. Seems a little more crowded with locals but still no fist fights over chairs. Did have someone yesterday decide they wanted 2 of our 5 chairs and just moved our stuff and threw out stuff on our chairs. They never came back while we were out there so I didn’t get to punch anyone in the face (this is a joke I don’t condone violence over pool chairs)639326

The only time I was asked to show a card was to get the DVC sparkly pool bracelet. They are going to want to see the cards in the new digital form versus screenshot. Other than that I don’t get much because I am a lower class white card holder.
I don't know what the protocol is now with the new digital cards, but in the before times all you needed was a sparkly band to get the discounts and free popcorn.

Technically, us Poors aren't supposed to get the sparkly wristband either.
Hawaii people are part of your MIL's tribe. Bribe us with ketchup packets and paper napkins and we'll slip you a sparkly wristband lol. And the old plastic McDonald's straws are worth more than gold here now that one-time use plastics are banned.

I think I saw your picture behind the front desk.

DVC Guide while touring a Grand Villa told my wife and I that free parking is no longer for resale DVC members. Am I missing something, is something coming down the pipe, or was I miss informed.

DVC Guide while touring a Grand Villa told my wife and I that free parking is no longer for resale DVC members. Am I missing something, is something coming down the pipe, or was I miss informed.
Free parking is available to anyone staying on points, whether they're blue card, white card, renting points, friends of a member using their points, or someone trading in via RCI/II exchange. This has not changed and cannot change, as far as I know.

Blue card members ALSO get free parking when staying on cash. This is extremely inconsistently applied, just like the shiny wristbands.

Last edited:
Misinformed.....you pay for it as part of your dues,,so they cant make it a difference between blue and white

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter