The Ingredients for Pixie Dust, a June 2010 TR - 10/2 DIsney Halloween PTR started!

I understand the feeling about not planning a WDW trip! Our AP certificates were delivered yesterday and I'm already plotting how to make more trips throughout the year. I'm even debating attending the NCTE conference at CSR in November and getting a discounted room at the YC. Luckily, my principal and our PTA is VERY generous when it comes to attending conferences.

Where are you staying for your visit to Disneyland? I LOVE it there. It's so different than WDW, but still fantastic. I love the west coast Fantasyland so much more.

Hi! We loved those APs. We really used them well!!!! :thumbsup2 I have to check that NCTE conference out.. hmmmmmm... :laughing: We have two nights at the Grand Californian. We walked the Downtown Disney area and through the resort last January, well two years ago it was, when I was at a training conference in LA. So it was a great way to check things out -- having not been there since I was a twenty something! :rolleyes1 Like DTD didn't exist then... :laughing: We are going to stay at the Four Season Resort in San Diego the rest of the week, and go to Lego Land, the zoo, aquarium, etc. We are in Disneyland the 29th - 31st. Going to go to the Halloween party on the 31st, and then drive down to San Diego. LATE, I know, but I want to go to that party and see the fireworks. We don't get to Disney on the 29th until mid day, so we will have time then too. the 29th and 30th we are in the GCV... The 31st is going to be a little challenging, b/c we wont have a room after noon, but DH said if I want to stay for the party we could, but I just have to keep this in mind, so I will be planning that day carefully! :scared:

The AP discounts in the fall are AMAZING. The flights to Orlando in the fall are CHEAP. we had a great short trip at the end of Sept with those discounts!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait for your BCV & SAB updates. We're at BLT for 7 nights and then 2 nights at BWV. We want to try the Epcot resort area this trip and figured 2nights is enough to try it. Also, there are 2 bathrooms in the BLT 1 bedroom villas. I'm not sure if we'll be able to give that up for longer stays at BWV or BCV. And BLT has the rain shower. Love that.

BCV is on the short list for next summer's trip because of SAB. My nephews LOVE the water, so I think it would be a good fit. Have the rooms been refurbed at BCV?

I didn't respond to this one! DH wants to stay next in the 1 bedroom there at BLT. We got a great deal for our five nights in the studio, so we couldn't pass it up, but next trip, for sure there! :thumbsup2 I have to say, the BC, once it is refurbished (I think it is next) b/c the just finished the BWV, will be hard to pass up. At least for us with the kids, the pool area was great. I really really liked the split stay. 5 in each was perfect. I love those shower heads, we have them at home. They are nice!

What a great first night! That is a bummer that the pool bar was closed but it still sounds like some lovely wind-down time after 5 days apart.

In general the DVC studios seem small when I read reviews, I hope to check out BLT one of these days but it will be in a 2b. :rotfl:

The "far awayness" of it is a consistent review but it sounds like you enjoyed your time there quite a bit.

LOVE that the boys saw TS3 and it inspired retail therapy. As it should!

Actually the bar was open, I think the first few minutes we were there -- but it closed at 10ish, and when I really thought about it, at that point it was closed. Anyhow, it was fine, I had a glass of wine when I got back to the room! It was a great place to wind down, yes. Loved it. The studios are small, heck, the deluxe room at the AKL seemed small, AFTER a 1 bedroom. Someone said once you try a 1 bedroom you will have a hard time going back, and they were right!!! BUT small is fine, if it is Disney, so I wasn't complaining! AND OKW has a great set up, TWICE as large as any room we ever had. And the studio too, I bet.

I really am glad we had the time there at BLT -- I liked two resorts, seriously. I am glad we did it this way, and I think when we go again I would do the same thing. That walk wasn't a big issue, just strange to take the elevator! I imagine the haul from YC to BC will be the same way, I didn't realize that the only services/shops were in BC... :confused3

Yep, more toys. :lmao:

The pool bar was closed!? What's up with that!? :eek: Still sounds like you had a very relaxing evening just catching up with your boys :thumbsup2

Oh, well it WAS late!!!! But we did enjoy it. Don't worry. We made up for it on many evenings... :laughing:

I am SO loving your TR! Don't you just love it when kids do something out of the ordinary (like interacting with the parade CM's?)!!

summer2010033.jpg

Your DS8 is starting to look so old... he doesn't look like a little boy anymore... especially in this picture with the glasses on his head.

Sounds like you had a great MK morning!!

Hi! We loved those APs. We really used them well!!!! :thumbsup2 I have to check that NCTE conference out.. hmmmmmm... :laughing: We have two nights at the Grand Californian. We walked the Downtown Disney area and through the resort last January, well two years ago it was, when I was at a training conference in LA. So it was a great way to check things out -- having not been there since I was a twenty something! :rolleyes1 Like DTD didn't exist then... :laughing: We are going to stay at the Four Season Resort in San Diego the rest of the week, and go to Lego Land, the zoo, aquarium, etc. We are in Disneyland the 29th - 31st. Going to go to the Halloween party on the 31st, and then drive down to San Diego. LATE, I know, but I want to go to that party and see the fireworks. We don't get to Disney on the 29th until mid day, so we will have time then too. the 29th and 30th we are in the GCV... The 31st is going to be a little challenging, b/c we wont have a room after noon, but DH said if I want to stay for the party we could, but I just have to keep this in mind, so I will be planning that day carefully! :scared:

The AP discounts in the fall are AMAZING. The flights to Orlando in the fall are CHEAP. we had a great short trip at the end of Sept with those discounts!! :thumbsup2

Definitely check out the NCTE conference. Disney and professional development, does it get any better?

Our chess coach invited me to Nationals in December (also at CSR). I should go and support our chess team :rolleyes1

I hope you're going to do a DLR/San Diego tr. Can't wait to read a review of GCV. The Halloween party sounds like fun. I've seen photos of the DLR Halloween decorations and they're amazing. You're going to have such a great time.
I :love: The Four Seasons. It is my favorite. And San Diego is just beautiful!

Legoland looks like a lot of fun. Shopping is going to be dangerous!

I am trying to get in a fall trip, but I don't have much time off from school. The first day of school is September 13th (teachers are in the Tuesday and Wednesday after Labor Day). There's Columbus Day weekend and Thanksgiving and that's pretty much it. I'll have to see what happens.

I didn't respond to this one! DH wants to stay next in the 1 bedroom there at BLT. We got a great deal for our five nights in the studio, so we couldn't pass it up, but next trip, for sure there! :thumbsup2 I have to say, the BC, once it is refurbished (I think it is next) b/c the just finished the BWV, will be hard to pass up. At least for us with the kids, the pool area was great. I really really liked the split stay. 5 in each was perfect. I love those shower heads, we have them at home. They are nice!

I hope BCV gets refurbished by next summer. 5 nights at a MK resort than 5 nights at an Epcot resort seems like the perfect balance. I may just have to throw in a couple of nights at AKV :rotfl:

What a wonderful way to start off your night with a perfect meal at LC :goodvibes I must admit the decor of BLT is really growing on me.....I did not like it at all when I first saw the pictures and models but the more I see of it the more I like it :thumbsup2
As always your boys are just adorable.....I really like the picture of DS5 on his favorite ride :goodvibes
Isn't it just wonderful walking down Main Street the first time and rounding that corner....the sights, the smells, the smiling faces Ahhhhhh :cutie:
Looking forward to your (1st ;)) night at Narcosse's :cool1:

Tracy

I bedrooms do spoil you... and it is hard to go from one to a studio! Glad you liked BLT. I hope we stay there sometime soon, I would love to walk to MK!

The boys are getting so big, and hooray for a rider on Space Mountain... we had one that chickened out!

Glad you had Pooh riders... I say ride it now too, because someday they won't want to!

I am SO loving your TR! Don't you just love it when kids do something out of the ordinary (like interacting with the parade CM's?)!!
Hi and THANKS! Yes! My guys just don't do character meets. I can't get them to show an interest, but at character meals they seem willing to. That they actually watched the parade and were engaged was nice!

Your DS8 is starting to look so old... he doesn't look like a little boy anymore... especially in this picture with the glasses on his head.

Sounds like you had a great MK morning!!

BOOO!! Hush you! :rotfl: He has to stay 8 forever! :laughing: I can't STAND that he is growing up so much. The younger one even more surprising to me.

We did have a great MK morning! :goodvibes

Definitely check out the NCTE conference. Disney and professional development, does it get any better?

Our chess coach invited me to Nationals in December (also at CSR). I should go and support our chess team :rolleyes1

I hope you're going to do a DLR/San Diego tr. Can't wait to read a review of GCV. The Halloween party sounds like fun. I've seen photos of the DLR Halloween decorations and they're amazing. You're going to have such a great time.
I :love: The Four Seasons. It is my favorite. And San Diego is just beautiful!

Legoland looks like a lot of fun. Shopping is going to be dangerous!

I am trying to get in a fall trip, but I don't have much time off from school. The first day of school is September 13th (teachers are in the Tuesday and Wednesday after Labor Day). There's Columbus Day weekend and Thanksgiving and that's pretty much it. I'll have to see what happens.

That is so funny -- I am going to training in St. Pete's Dec 1 - 4 . I doubt DH would go for a Disney pit stop, but we'll see.

Yes, we are excited for our trip! We :love: the Four Seasons, too. We have mostly stayed at the resort in Scottsdale, AZ, but have always wanted to be at the resort in San Diego. This worked out well for us. You do start late! But I guess you get out late too. One of those conferences would help :)

I hope BCV gets refurbished by next summer. 5 nights at a MK resort than 5 nights at an Epcot resort seems like the perfect balance. I may just have to throw in a couple of nights at AKV :rotfl:

JUST for good measure!!! ;)

What a wonderful way to start off your night with a perfect meal at LC :goodvibes I must admit the decor of BLT is really growing on me.....I did not like it at all when I first saw the pictures and models but the more I see of it the more I like it :thumbsup2
As always your boys are just adorable.....I really like the picture of DS5 on his favorite ride :goodvibes
Isn't it just wonderful walking down Main Street the first time and rounding that corner....the sights, the smells, the smiling faces Ahhhhhh :cutie:
Looking forward to your (1st ;)) night at Narcosse's :cool1:

Tracy

Oh yes Le Cellier was not to be missed!!

I think it is neat, but it isn't really very themish, that is a common criticism. Thanks for the compliments on the boys - they are good guys. I have several photos from each trip of DS5 in Winnie the Pooh's Hunny pots! I just love that stroll down Main Street. YES, it is the best.

Oh that was a great restaurant and a great meal. WE loved it.

What a great morning at the Magic Kingdom! How heavenly to be able to walk from BLT right on over! :thumbsup2

DS5 is so cute on the Pooh ride -- he is just oozing happiness!!!

Of course, I always love seeing your boys trying to pull the sword out! One of these days they will succeed!!!

Our CP ressie is for 10:25, also, so I liked seeing exactly how much you were able to accomplish beforehand. I can only hope we are as productive as you were! :goodvibes

What a great morning at the Magic Kingdom! How heavenly to be able to walk from BLT right on over! :thumbsup2

DS5 is so cute on the Pooh ride -- he is just oozing happiness!!!

Of course, I always love seeing your boys trying to pull the sword out! One of these days they will succeed!!!

Our CP ressie is for 10:25, also, so I liked seeing exactly how much you were able to accomplish beforehand. I can only hope we are as productive as you were! :goodvibes

HI! Yes it was a great morning. It was hot, though. I have to say we really didn't have our full groove that morning. I like being there at or right before 9am. We were a little late, that was okay, but I felt a little "off" if you know what I mean. We collected two fast passed from the time we got there to the time we had our ADRs. DH had to go get them while I was checking in. DS8 and DH did single rider with Space, Fantasyland was pretty empty. So depends on if you linger/meander. Eitherway, if you can get a set of FPs before or after, that hour for breakfast is a great way to pass the time waiting for FPs, and a great way to cool off!

I bedrooms do spoil you... and it is hard to go from one to a studio! Glad you liked BLT. I hope we stay there sometime soon, I would love to walk to MK!

The boys are getting so big, and hooray for a rider on Space Mountain... we had one that chickened out!

Glad you had Pooh riders... I say ride it now too, because someday they won't want to!

I would think a one bedroom to studio would be hard. BOOOOO! The location is pretty awesome. :thumbsup2

Oh I get my fantasyland fix still, don't worry! Yeah, he tried Space, I was glad he did! I don't know why they like that ride so much (Pooh) but I am not going to question it.:laughing:

Another great Happydog update!!

Don't you just hate how your camera lens fogs right up first thing when you get it out in a humid Floridian morning!! LOL!!! Drives me crazy!

Love the pictures of the boys trying to be the next King of Camelot...so cute!! You have the cutest boys!!!

Hmmm...Crystal Palace so yummy!!! LOVE IT!

HM...YAY for loving it!!!! SO happy to hear that!

About Vero.... today Hannah asked if we were going to Vero next summer. I said probably not. Her next line shocked me... and I am glad I was sitting down. She said she liked it better than Disney. There was so much to do was what she said! Mind you she cries when we leave WDW... so she must have really loved that place!

I'm here, a bit late in arriving :wave2: Well impressed with your progress :thumbsup2 Sounding like heaps of fun so far. Looking forward to reading more. I'll will miss alot thought but I will be sure to catch up when we return. You have done a great job with the pictures, BLT looks wonderful.

Been MIA on DIS not getting time to fit everything in, with that big run up to departure. We'll be home just as you are coming over to our country. Hope we bring the weather back home with us from sunny florida :goodvibes

Oh CP breakfasts are just the business :yay:

What a great first full day morning!

He look so cute on Pooh. I love pictures like that.

You can't beat Crystal Palace, it's yummy and has such a great vibe in there.

Another great Happydog update!!

Don't you just hate how your camera lens fogs right up first thing when you get it out in a humid Floridian morning!! LOL!!! Drives me crazy!

Love the pictures of the boys trying to be the next King of Camelot...so cute!! You have the cutest boys!!!

Hmmm...Crystal Palace so yummy!!! LOVE IT!

HM...YAY for loving it!!!! SO happy to hear that!
Hello Jen! Thanks!!!

Oh I know! I thought there was something I was missing, but alas, that humidity really kept me from taking photos some times!

We did have a great time that morning though, and yes they love attempting to pull that sword out! :laughing: CP such a great place, I even like the "french toast" they have for kids. Basically fried dough in sugar and cinnamon! :laughing:

They were happy to ride HM. I can't wait until Disneyland to see the Jack Skellington version!!! :yay:

About Vero.... today Hannah asked if we were going to Vero next summer. I said probably not. Her next line shocked me... and I am glad I was sitting down. She said she liked it better than Disney. There was so much to do was what she said! Mind you she cries when we leave WDW... so she must have really loved that place!

Oh that is so funny! Well not funny but you know! Wow! Well thysat makes me really excited, then, to try it out. We are making that plan for the days after the cruise, so 5 days at Vero. :thumbsup2

finally jumped over. I'm in...:thumbsup2

Oh! Hi! WELCOME! Glad you are along for the fun! :flower3:

I'm here, a bit late in arriving :wave2: Well impressed with your progress :thumbsup2 Sounding like heaps of fun so far. Looking forward to reading more. I'll will miss alot thought but I will be sure to catch up when we return. You have done a great job with the pictures, BLT looks wonderful.

Been MIA on DIS not getting time to fit everything in, with that big run up to departure. We'll be home just as you are coming over to our country. Hope we bring the weather back home with us from sunny florida :goodvibes

Oh CP breakfasts are just the business :yay:

Oh you have plenty to do I am sure!!! Do you live in Edinburgh proper?

I am sure you are excited to come this way, I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!!

What a great first full day morning!

He look so cute on Pooh. I love pictures like that.

You can't beat Crystal Palace, it's yummy and has such a great vibe in there.

Thanks LL! It was a fun morning, and we were ready to cool off at the pool! YES, I enjoy CP, I like it because it is in the park. I really like 1900 Park Fare too... they have Eggs Benedict. YUMMMMMMMM.

Your boys are so cute! Your first day looks so much fun! I love CP, too. It's always fun to eat with Pooh & Friends.

What a fun time. Looks like lots of things got done in a little amount of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter