The Ingredients for Pixie Dust, a June 2010 TR - 10/2 DIsney Halloween PTR started!

Awwwww that is such an adorable story :hug: I love that he was scooting along the ground!!!!
I can't wait to read all about your adventures!!! AND you never disappoint with alcohol reviews and pictures :rotfl2:

Tracy

That story about your son is absolutely too too adorable! :goodvibes Can't wait to read your report. :thumbsup2

YOU are fast... :laughing: So glad to "friend" you on FB!!! :thumbsup2 I hope you are planning your own TR??!! Or did I miss it? You have been watching!!!! :rotfl:

No TR this year. I am starting a class in two weeks.

Love the Disney magic... it is the best magic of all. Those memories are the reasons why I go back and back and back again.... so sweet!

Joining in!
Oh my gosh, that is too cute! If only he did Soarin' or Peter Pan right after he rubbed himself with pixie dust.:laughing:
Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Barbara

I just found your report and am along for the ride... Your son is adorable - love the pixie dust story. Disney Magic is special!!!!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I'm in the midst of my post-Disney depression and need to get back in the groove!

That story was adorable!

So before I really start my first day at Disney, I guess I should revisit the trip I took BEFORE my Disney vacation. :laughing: If you were following my PTR, that would be a business trip to attend a workshop in New Orleans, LA. I had been once before, back a few years ago, but that was in the fall. Here it was the week before my vacation began, and I was on my way to another state! :scared1: I not only had to pack and plan for this work-related travel, but also for our vacation -- for myself and my kids! – before I left Maryland! :faint: While I was away, my DH and my DMIL held down the fort for the final two days of school and my husband had his final staff day before the year officially ended. My end of the year was spent in a climate-controlled conference center on Canal Street!!!! :rotfl: Now I really didn’t take pictures people, sorry to disappoint. :o I managed to take a few of the movie they were filming in the lobby, and a few of my surroundings, but generally I left my camera alone. I ate some great food, had fun with some colleagues, and overall had a fabulous professional experience. It got me relaxed for sure, and really ready for my Disney trip. Here are a few that I was able to scrounge up...

OF course the most important icon of New Orleans:

2010-06-17071949.jpg

So we made the trek to Cafe Du Monde twice ... we got up early and skipped the conference breakfast, opting instead for Beignets!!!!

Here is a random photo of me, with my friends (whom I don't think will kill me for posting this on the DIS ) :laughing: This is somewhere on Burbon Street... YES, we walked up and down that street a few times... I am on the far left...

2010-06-17213852.jpg

HERE is the view from the window of my room... DONT laugh. You would think I could have remembered to, oh, OPEN the blinds!!! :headache:

summer2010001.jpg

The pics from the movie they were shooting in the lobby are on my phone. I have to email them to myself before I can add them to Photobucket. I will fill you in later this week in a separate update. :thumbsup2

So my workshop ended on the 20th of June. The day before, my DH and two boys drove down to Lorton, VA, a few hours from our house, and boarded the Amtrak Auto Train. Now, we all took the autotrain last year, on our first summer trip. If you want to see photos, check out my TR in my signature :teeth: We LOVED it! Or, better yet, check out DDisrunner's new TR! She has train photos, too! :thumbsup2 I did entrusted a small camera to my DH, however, and asked him to take a few train photos. Here is what he was able to come up with…

kidsandstuff036.jpg

kidsandstuff034.jpg

(notice in this photo they are getting "sassed" by Evil Emperror Zurg. More on HIM later)...

kidsandstuff043.jpg

And here I think they are watching Clone Wars or Toy Story.

SO, initially we were all going to drive down to Disney, but because of the training, and not wanting DH to make the drive solo, we went with the family taking the train down. They arrived in the morning of the 20th, and drove to Bay Lake Towers!!! Me, well I caught a 2pm plane bound for Orlando. I then went from the airport via taxi to the BCV. I didn’t take ME because I was afraid that I would miss dinner. I know I know funny, right?? Well, missing Le Cellier for dinner was NOT an option for me. :laughing: We had a 6:15 reservation… DH and the boys checked in at BLT, went to the pool, then changed and drove to the Beach Club. They left my AP at the front desk, and headed to Epcot to catch a ride or a pavilion, and check in for dinner. I took my cab to BCV, left my luggage with bell services, collected my AP from the front desk, and walked out BC and over to the IG (or Anita and Christine’s PRIVATE entrance! :laughing:) my sights on …

summer2010007.jpg

Continued in the NEXT post...

It had rained in Orlando right before my plane had landed, and so I think that cooled things off a little. It was still humid, but not with a blazing sun, and t didn’t rain on my way over or at Epcot. In fact, it rained hardly at all our whole 10 days. :yay: We lucked out with the weather with out a doubt!

I made it to Le Cellier at 6:15. Seriously. JUST in time. Here we are hanging out in front of the restaurant waiting to be seated.

summer2010014.jpg

summer2010013.jpg

summer2010008.jpg

I just love the gardens in Canada!!! :lmao:

summer2010006.jpg

Shortly after, we were called inside, and my dreams of cheddar soup, tomato stacks, filets with mushroom risotto, and SMORES, came to life!

These are a few table pics, before food arrived. Again, I think this day was so much about me and my guys I just didn't haul that camera out at first.

Keeping DS5 entertained... :scared:

summer2010003.jpg

summer2010004.jpg

After a scrumptious dinner, we loitered around the WS just soaking in the beginning of our great Disney trip. I just love dusk in the Parks, so so pretty!!! :goodvibes My DS8 really wanted a churro… of all things!! So we strolled to Mexico and got him one, and leisurely made our way back to the IG.

summer2010015.jpg

This is a photo of nothing I have decided, but since I have so few photos, I figured I better include them!!! :)

summer2010016.jpg

We caught some of Illuminations, but the boys really wanted to go swimming, so we saw the opening sequence of the show, and headed back to BLT.

AND, that is where I am going to leave you. :rolleyes1 Oh come on now, don't be too disappointed! I have to spread my Disney Magic out a little... :wizard:

I will leave you with this one glimpse of BLT, though. Just one of the many examples of cool contemporary Disney art on display throughout the place! :thumbsup2 I just loved this Donald, and some nifty prints of the monorails all stacked together!

summer2010072.jpg

Coming up next BLT!!!!! And the Happy Dog ending to a dog-tired, but happy day... Well isn't that clever... :lmao:

What a perfect way to kick off the trip - dinner at Le Cellier, yum!!!

Looks like the boys had a ton of fun on the train, and obviously your DH survived :thumbsup2

Joining in! Love the reason for the TR title! That is such a cute moment! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! It worked I thought!! Coming up! :thumbsup2

Awww, that is such a sweet sweet story. :cloud9:

Thanks, LL! It was pretty cute.

I'm here!!! Can't believe you started this last night! If I had only stayed on a little bit longer! :laughing:

Love the story about DS5 and the pixie dust!!! Could that be any cuter??? :goodvibes Of course, the image I have in my mind of him scooting around on his hiney trying to get pixie dust for flying is hilarious! :laughing:

Oh he was scooting! It was pretty funny. He just didn't understand why the pixie dust on his butt was not working!!! :lmao:

I was excited to get my TR started, I just needed to wash the campfire out of the clothes and my hair!!!! :rotfl:

I'm here! And page 2, not too bad!!!!!!:cool1:

I LOVE the story, you will never forget that moment.

Nope, not too shabby! :thumbsup2 It was a fun moment between us.

Oh my gosh, that is one of the cutest, sweetest stories I've ever read! I would have melted too, probably into a puddle of happy tears! :goodvibes

Oh yeah it was just that kind of moment :goodvibes He was so insistent that he could fly if he could just learn the ingredients for Pixie Dust!!! :lovestruc

I'm here I'm here!!! I just adored the story of how this TR got its title!! HOW CUTE!!!! That is one of those convos you'll remember forever!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!

Oh definitely. That is why I thought it would work perfectly for this fun TR... SO happy you are here Jen, here is a "WOOOOOOOOOT!" for you!! :rotfl:

Awwwww that is such an adorable story :hug: I love that he was scooting along the ground!!!!
I can't wait to read all about your adventures!!! AND you never disappoint with alcohol reviews and pictures :rotfl2:

Tracy

Oh you know I never want to disappoint my readers!!!! :rotfl2: Yeah it was a fun moment with my little guy. :goodvibes I have lots to share. Fun to find you on FB, too! :thumbsup2 I got some good pics of DH this time, he was full of antics this trip...:laughing:

That story about your son is absolutely too too adorable! :goodvibes Can't wait to read your report. :thumbsup2
Oh Thanks!!! He is a cutie when he wants to be...:rolleyes1 Welcome and I am glad you are here to read along!!!

No TR this year. I am starting a class in two weeks.

Oh nuts, well I will pick your brain about Vero, then. We are looking at five nights there after the Cruise in June! A class?? What kind??

Love the Disney magic... it is the best magic of all. Those memories are the reasons why I go back and back and back again.... so sweet!

You know you are preaching to the choir on this... you are soooo right. Such a special place to be, especially with younger kids.

so unbelievably adorable!!! That story is priceless!!

Thank you! And WELCOME!!!! I hope you will read along! :thumbsup2

What a delightful story! Super cute! x

Thank you! Glad to see you again! :goodvibes

Joining in!
Oh my gosh, that is too cute! If only he did Soarin' or Peter Pan right after he rubbed himself with pixie dust.:laughing:
Barbara

Oh I agree! Seeing him on Soarin is fun, too! More TRIP coming up!

I just found your report and am along for the ride... Your son is adorable - love the pixie dust story. Disney Magic is special!!!!

It is the only kind of magic if you ask me!!!! :cloud9: WELCOME! Glad you are here :flower3:

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I'm in the midst of my post-Disney depression and need to get back in the groove!

That story was adorable!

Hey! What about yours!!?? So I need to see a TR link for your trip, too! I always think writing these helps to stave off the Disney Blues!

Hey hey hey! Glad you are here!

Vero was great. We hated to leave. Lots of great activities. We did not eat out much though... we cooked it was just easier. Great pool and slide, great great great CM. We were not great at the beach though.

The sea turtle stuff was the best part... Hannah was really into it. I would suggest more if you do go there!

I am starting some admin classes...

Cafe du Monde is the best!
The train seems like a fun way to get to Disney. I'd love to try it.
Love the Donald print. Can't wait to read more about BLT!

I'd recognize that Cafe du Monde table anywhere! :laughing: The picture of you with your friends on Bourbon Street is fabulous! Such fun! Makes me want to head to New Orleans again!

Emperor Zurg appears to be doing his very best to sass the boys! :lmao: Not sure how successful he is since the boys are laughing at him. :rotfl:

Hurray for being reunited with all your boys and enjoying dinner at Le Cellier! I agree that dusk in the parks is one of the best times! Adore it! :goodvibes

I'm joining in too!

Great start so far, and what an awesome story to base your title off....too cute!

Your boys are adorable and I'm looking forward to hearing more

You look like you are having too much fun for a work trip! :thumbsup2

Sigh....Cafe DuMonde.....lucky lucky girl!

The boys look like they had a great time on the auto train down and I love your dash to dinner, what a perfect first night dinner! Not to mention creative in terms of how you made it there on time!

Emperor Zurg

:rotfl:

What a perfect way to kick off the trip - dinner at Le Cellier, yum!!!

Looks like the boys had a ton of fun on the train, and obviously your DH survived :thumbsup2

Oh yes, we had to go there of course! We made TWO reservations this trip! Oink oink! :rotfl:

Oh I am sure they had fun. DH managed okay, though I never thought to ask him why he didn't change their outfits from the train when they got to the resort! That is such a mom thing I am sure. :laughing: Travel-worn outfits!

Vero was great. We hated to leave. Lots of great activities. We did not eat out much though... we cooked it was just easier. Great pool and slide, great great great CM. We were not great at the beach though.

The sea turtle stuff was the best part... Hannah was really into it. I would suggest more if you do go there!

I am starting some admin classes...

Oh you will have to share ideas, I will get them from you once I know we are going to get in. We should know by October. I am looking forward to it then!

Oh ADMIN, well, welcome to the dark side!!!! :laughing:

Cafe du Monde is the best!
The train seems like a fun way to get to Disney. I'd love to try it.
Love the Donald print. Can't wait to read more about BLT!

I bet you would like it! It starts your vacation, and is relaxing. If you only have so many days and have to maximize, then flying is best, but if you are going to drive anyhow, it is definitely nice.

There is some COOOOOL art at BLT! I am afraid I didn't get the photo of my favorite print, the one of the monorail! I thought I had. BUT the whole place is really nice.

I'd recognize that Cafe du Monde table anywhere! :laughing: The picture of you with your friends on Bourbon Street is fabulous! Such fun! Makes me want to head to New Orleans again!

Oh we had fun in the evenings, for certain. I ate at some INCREDIBLE restaurants and we had a great time. And the training was really amazing so it was a great end of the year professional experience as well.

Emperor Zurg appears to be doing his very best to sass the boys! :lmao: Not sure how successful he is since the boys are laughing at him. :rotfl:

Hurray for being reunited with all your boys and enjoying dinner at Le Cellier! I agree that dusk in the parks is one of the best times! Adore it! :goodvibes

Yeah, he gets NO respect :laughing: Even now, at home -- he seems to be relegated to a shove OFF the shelf now and then ;)

It was great fun seeing them there waiting for me :goodvibes I was so into being back at Disney and with them, I just plain forgot to take photos!

Such a pretty time of night, as the lights start to appear and the air cools down. I :lovestruc WS at that time best.

I'm joining in too!

Great start so far, and what an awesome story to base your title off....too cute!

Your boys are adorable and I'm looking forward to hearing more

Thank you and WELCOME!!! :flower3: I have lots to share!

You look like you are having too much fun for a work trip! :thumbsup2

Sigh....Cafe DuMonde.....lucky lucky girl!

Yeah, well.... :rolleyes1 No it was a great trip and the professional opportunity was really satisfying. Cafe DuMonde, NOLA's, Bacco's, etc. etc. we ate REALLY well.

The boys look like they had a great time on the auto train down and I love your dash to dinner, what a perfect first night dinner! Not to mention creative in terms of how you made it there on time!

Emperor Zurg

Oh I think they did. DH, well... he had fun locking them in the roomette!!!:rotfl: We didn't know how to get me from the airport to BLT BACK to Epcot in time for the ADR. So, we tried this. It worked perfectly. He was able to park there at the BCV, and they let me hold my luggage while I met them in the park. Disney CM's were very helpful! It was a good plan! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter