The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Hey!! Count me in!! We stayed at the BW this past summer in pool view room and I fell in love!! We are going to SS for the first time In a couple of days and I hope I am just as happy! I just love the action, the slide, the lobby, the bakery, the closeness to Epcot and MGM, and pretty much everything!!!:love: :love:

I am an SSR owner. We just got back from our first trip home (Stayed at SSR) We loved the relaxed feel of that resort. We also toured the other DVC properties just to get a feel for the places we could stay. I had heard alot of hype about Beach Club, and While I agree they have a spectacular pool, I was dissapointed in the lobby. It just seemed kind of plain to me. The lobby of the Boardwalk, however, was beautiful! Really top notch! I think it has the best lobby of all DVC resorts. Great central location as well. If we ever add on at another resort it will be there. You Boardwalk owners should be proud!

Hi everyone...

Just wanted to let you guys know that after only 1 week, we officially heard that Disney has waived their ROFR on our BWV contract!! We are EXCITED!!!
:banana:

Welcome Home!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Ahhhhhhh. I just love the drive up to the resort. When I finally see that big white entrance and the BOARDWALK across it. Home........Home.......

OK, now I'm dreaming.......

I just get the biggest, goofiest smile on my face when we drive up to the entrance. My Dh though, starts thinking about how much closer he is to the Spoodles Pizza Window! We love the BW and are very happy we bought our points there. We will be back in June sharing our fav place with the Inlaws. :)

we are also proud owners at BWV and enjoyed our first trip home this past Thanksgiving.....what a phenomenal resort!

we did not have the good fortune to stay in a BW view room, but had a very nice studio (4132) with a spectacular view of the quiet pool, the canal, and the Swan/Dolphin. can't wait for our 1st BW view experience!

we were only 2 or 3 doors short of being the last room in the hallway...yet the walk didn't seem to bother us. i think the whole 'long hallway' thing is blown out of proportion...being able to walk to epcot or mgm in less than 10 mins is a fantastic perk (we saw illuminations 3 times that week!)...and my DW's new 'heaven-on-earth' is the BW Bakery - supplanting the previous owner of said moniker, Ghirardelli's at DTD!

Ok, we own at SSR, but are staying at BWV this time for our first trip using our DVC. My ds is very excited about the slide. My dd wants to go on as well, but she is only 2. Will she be allowed on? It spits into a pool, right? If so, is there a lifeguard at the bottom. If not, will I be allowed to catch her? I just want them both to be able to go on, even if they are little

Ok, we own at SSR, but are staying at BWV this time for our first trip using our DVC. My ds is very excited about the slide. My dd wants to go on as well, but she is only 2. Will she be allowed on? It spits into a pool, right? If so, is there a lifeguard at the bottom. If not, will I be allowed to catch her? I just want them both to be able to go on, even if they are little

This is kind of a "post Hijack" since you have changed the subject of this post, but I can answer your question. Just got back from SSR and they allowed me to wait at the bottom of the slide and catch my 3 year old as long as I stood to one side until I saw her coming down. They also allowed her to use the water wings we purchased at home for her. I can only say that your 2 year old might be a little afraid once he/she gets to the top and realizes how high it really is. Don't be suprised if they chicken out. Good luck!

Be careful with the kids on the clown slide. The lifegaurds from what I can tell leave it up to the parents discretion on whether the kid can go down the slide. The slide is long and kids can get turned over face down very easily. I saw a family let their kid go down who obviously shoud not have gone down and the child came out the end face down and was coughing up water on their back for the next several minutes. The lifegaurds will also not let you wait on the bottom of the slide at the Boardwalk.

It's my 2nd fav thus far (WL #1), luv them each in their own special way lol.

We thought the view from our standard room was acceptable - mostly sky & discreet parking lot. I wouldn't want to deal w/light & noise from BW area, so I guess we'll keep stretching our points.

Honestly, must admit, we don't tend to sit on the balcony when it's hot (although I do enjoy sipping my coffee in the am there).

After last experience w/roaches @ BC; i shall continue to keep the sliders shut.:scared1:

Well DH and I are SSR owners however we will be leaving in 3 weeks from today for a 10 day stay at BWV w. 1 bedroom BW view. This is going to be my dream come true on many levels.....See BWV was my DVC tour on my honeymoon and also on other trips when we would walk through the property I always felt like we were sneaking around and did not belong there because we were staying at All Stars...well this time we ARE DVC'ers now, we ARE staying at BWV and belong there annnnnndddddd I worked very hard for 10 days straight calling MS everyday to ensure my BW view, I want coffee on my balcony every morning and feel like a million doing it.

So pay no attention to the blubbering woman getting off the ME bus Sat. Jan 20th in front of BWV, because her dream just came true.............

I love my VWL...but I also love my BWV for entirely different reasons... DH and I own points at both, slightly more at VWl. We arrive at BWV a week from today, and I am so looking forward to walking down those long halls! I am one of the few, I guess, who likes being on the far end of the resort. we can go down the back stairs and are in MGM Studios in no time flat! Also, it's short stumble back to our room from Jellyrolls each evening!

Nancy :wave:

I love the Boardwalk Villas, already have my Spring (March) trip and Fall (October) trips reserved. Can't wait until Food & Wine Festival (Party of the Senses) and MNSSHP this year.

I also hope to stay there this August but have to wait until 7 month window to use some of my VWL points to complete the reservation.

If you will be there October 20-25 2007 would love to meet-up again.

Beckie

I love this thread! I'm a new BWV owner (purchased in October) and just completed my reservation today for our first trip home the week after Thanksgiving in 2007 for a 2 bedroom BWV. We stayed there in 2005 with a cash reservation and just fell in love with the atmosphere.

I'm so excited to be able to sit on the balcony watching the friendship boats, and visiting the Boardwalk Bakery!

Tracy in NY

I love this thread! I'm a new BWV owner (purchased in October) and just completed my reservation today for our first trip home the week after Thanksgiving in 2007 for a 2 bedroom BWV. We stayed there in 2005 with a cash reservation and just fell in love with the atmosphere.

I'm so excited to be able to sit on the balcony watching the friendship boats, and visiting the Boardwalk Bakery!

Tracy in NY

Welcome Home!!!!! You picked a great time of year!

we were only 2 or 3 doors short of being the last room in the hallway...yet the walk didn't seem to bother us. i think the whole 'long hallway' thing is blown out of proportion...being able to walk to epcot or mgm in less than 10 mins is a fantastic perk (we saw illuminations 3 times that week!)...

I agree! WDW is all about walking (for those of us who can walk, I know some can't or struggle!). When I checked in on 12/7, I asked to be put far from the elevators. She says - it's a long walk - I said, I don't care, put me there!

She said I was, but she was wrong, I could have been much further away!

Your dd2 can go on the slide, but she will have to go down alone. She can go down with a lifejacket on (free at the Community Hall, you can get sign them out for your whole stay).

There is no lifeguard in the water at the bottom, they sit over to the side. I suggest that you or another adult go before her, then you will have to get out of the way a bit (they will tell you to move), and then she goes, and then the next adult goes. So she will be an adult sandwich!

When you see her come down the last turn, you can move quickly over into the slide "wash" and get her. Lots of parents do it, and we did it with my DGD when she was 4.

Have fun, and enjoy the BWVs!

Nancy :wave:

I love the Boardwalk Villas, already have my Spring (March) trip and Fall (October) trips reserved. Can't wait until Food & Wine Festival (Party of the Senses) and MNSSHP this year.

I also hope to stay there this August but have to wait until 7 month window to use some of my VWL points to complete the reservation.

If you will be there October 20-25 2007 would love to meet-up again.

Beckie

I think that might be a date! I have my ressie for Oct 17th-24th right now, I will likely keep it there. Just waiting to decide what I want to do for Dec 07 and Jan 08.

I'm trying to remember which trip we connected - was it Oct 05 or earlier than that? :confused:

We are taking DW's extended family (SILs, BILs, DNeice8 princess: , & DNephews9,6 pirate: pirate: ) on our first trip "home" to BWV in April. We reserved a 2 BR BW view and studio. We can't wait to be able to do the early morning routine of coffee and the paper on the balcony looking at the BW and SE. :surfweb: Reading this thread has got me homesick and we haven't been there yet as DVC members. We fell in love with BW a few years ago when we were there our first night at WDW when we strolled around Crescent Lake, played miniature golf, and listened to the strolling saxophone quartet as they walked along the boardwalk. It was magical! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter