The "How Did I Not Know about FREE Dining" Pre Trip Report

Doing it online was MUCH easier then calling that silly hotline! :happytv:

I also just found out that since we didn't get Hoop De Do, we're meeting our friends at T-Rex for dinner the second night we're there!
I can't wait! I REALLY want to see the Ice room! :banana:

(and yes I LOVE Twilight! I'm a Jacob Fan...can't wait for NewMoon! :thumbsup2)

Your right... doing it online is much easier.. I LOVE IT. I"ve never heard of an ice room...:confused3

On a side note...major prayers and condolences to the family of the driver killed in that monorail accident. So sad... :hug:

Completely agree.. that is so sad.

Your almost at 2 months...:woohoo:

I"ve never heard of an ice room...:confused3

Here is a picture from the Ice Room at the T-Rex Restraunt in DTD - it really does look cool! :yay:
(I'm sure it's not actually made of ice, it just looks like ice)

DSC04718.jpg

At the moment they're not showing ADR's available for when we want to go, but I'm gonna keep trying!

Personally the free dining sounds nice, heck the dining plan even if you pay is nice but we chose not to do so and we have 2 kids and here is why.

#1, the free plan is only available while the kids are in school.

#2, in our last 2 years at disney we have found that not only are the people using the plan confused on what they can buy without being overly charged the people at the registers sometimes seem just as confused.

#3, you seem to need to have to have a dining reservation everyday to make it work. We like pretty much food on the go. Is it boring almost eating the same thing every day, yea but we like what we like and have a great time.

Enjoy your vacation.

Sounds like that works for you guys David...My hubby and I like to try a variety of things while we're on vacation. I'll keep an eye out for confused cashiers though! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! It's been a while! :wizard:

We're almost at our 30 day mark and I absolutely can't wait to get away. It's been a tough few weeks, and DH and I really need a vacation! :scared1: I have been working for an agency for the past year (and loving it) but assignments seem to be coming few and far between, so I'm out and about in the job market again, and boy is it tough!

On a happier note...

My In-Laws just got back from a trip to the World, and they were constantly sending us pictures on their phone. (MIL just got a Blackberry Storm and One of those Mini Laptop things so she's been having fun and doing what she calls "staying connected" :surfweb:)

They stayed off property (I know...:scared1:) and when they got back, they informed us that they want to go again with the Family next year so we can all celebrate a few things together...It will be:

• Their 40th Anniversary
  • Mine and DH's 5th Anniversary
  • Nephew's10th Birthday and his Brother's 5th Birthday (this will be a surprise to them)

So now I'm DOUBLE excited - I get to go this year, AND next year too! :banana:

Here's to staying positive! :cheer2:

Where's and Why's...

This Year's Trip

Where: All Star Music
When: September 12th thru the 20th
Why: 4th Anniversary AND Free Dining
How: Our first Disney Road Trip!

:moped::moped::moped::moped::moped:

Here is a little background on my previous Disney Adventures:

1992 - 1995: Started my Obsession with the World when I was in High School.
Our Choir traveled there every year for Magic Music Days where we got to sing and perform in the parks! Such a cool experience for a teenager!

1997: Took my brother on his first trip to the world. I felt like splurging so we stayed at the Yacht Club. It was a lot of fun.

1998: First Family Vacation - Stayed at Port Orleans - We went for New years this year. New Years Eve at the Parks is a little crazy!
I've never seen so many people! We waited in line over 2 hours to get onto Space Mountain!

1999 - 2000: a few short misc trips staying with friends and once at All Star Sports.
I was hoping to get a job and move to Florida, but alas..it wasn't in the cards for me...

2001: My first trip with DBF (who is now DH) We stayed at All Star Movies - This was his First trip to the World!
I was MORE than happy to be his Tour Guide! :cheer2:
2005: Disneymoon! princess: We stayed Offsite. My In-Laws gave us their time share for a week as a Wedding Present. It was awesome!
2006 - 2008: Anniversary Trips to the World, also spent OffSite :scared1:
Needless to say, We're very excited to get back onsite this year! :cool1:

i just found your PTR!!:banana: and we are also staying at all star music:) we will be there sept 10-20 and staying in the Calyspo preferred building! happy 4th anniversary!! my hubby and i will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary while on our trip:) I am sure we will run into each other at some point:) while at the resort!!

i just found your PTR!!:banana: and we are also staying at all star music:) we will be there sept 10-20 and staying in the Calyspo preferred building! happy 4th anniversary!! my hubby and i will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary while on our trip:) I am sure we will run into each other at some point:) while at the resort!!

Congrats to you too! Fingers crossed for good weather this year! NO HURRICANES!!!:thumbsup2 (I'm reading your PTR now!)

Congrats to you too! Make sure you get your Anniversary Pins! :thumbsup2
Have you ever stayed at ASMu? I really want to request the Broadway Section!

yes we have stayed at ASMU before!! we love it!! we were POP lovers LOL then we went to book our 2007 trip for 8 people and there was no room at POP:( but to our suprise we enjoyed ASMU sooo much better!!! I think its quieter than POP because its smaller and the buses seem better to me too:) The broadway section is so pretty!! you should request it for sure:)

I was editing as you were replying! :lmao:

I'm glad to hear that ASMu is quiet...I was contemplating POP this year but they were already booked!

Do you guys have any special plans? I was very excited to finally get an ADR for The CA Grill!

I was editing as you were replying! :lmao:

I'm glad to hear that ASMu is quiet...I was contemplating POP this year but they were already booked!

Do you guys have any special plans? I was very excited to finally get an ADR for The CA Grill!

we our anniversary we are going to eat dinner at Narcoossee's:) this will be our first time trying it!! i am really looking forward to it!!! This will be our first 2 credit dinning place ever LOL-- other than that just spending as much time in the parks as we can :) and taking late night swims LOL. I might book the DH the experience in epcot to snorkle in the living seas-- but i am still debating--- and we might do the seeds tour with living with the land-- all still up in the air-- I think in the next 2 weeks we will be making more decisions:)

we our anniversary we are going to eat dinner at Narcoossee's:) this will be our first time trying it!! i am really looking forward to it!!! This will be our first 2 credit dinning place ever LOL-- other than that just spending as much time in the parks as we can :) and taking late night swims LOL. I might book the DH the experience in epcot to snorkle in the living seas-- but i am still debating--- and we might do the seeds tour with living with the land-- all still up in the air-- I think in the next 2 weeks we will be making more decisions:)

We LOVED Narcoossee's last year...they took really good care of us for our Anniversary! They Sat us by the window with a view of MK and everything...they pipe in the music for the fireworks and it was amazing! The food is yummy too! I even had the Disney Anniversary Cake special ordered as a surprise for DH from the cake hotline! If I didn't get CA Grill, we would definitely be going back there! :thumbsup2

c3.jpg

We LOVED Narcoossee's last year...they took really good care of us for our Anniversary! They Sat us by the window with a view of MK and everything...they pipe in the music for the fireworks and it was amazing! The food is yummy too! I even had the Disney Anniversary Cake special ordered as a surprise for DH from the cake hotline! If I didn't get CA Grill, we would definitely be going back there! :thumbsup2

c3.jpg

your cake looks delicious!!!!! WOW!! I keep debating back and forth about the cake-- but after seeing your it makes me want one even more!! Can i ask how much did that size cake cost? and what kind of batter and filling did you get? Aww i hope we get a seat by the window !! that would be soo nice:) did they do anything else special for you guys such as a glass of chamagne? or a special dessert? I heard other disers getting special treatments at places for there anniversary i am just trying to figure out what i am in for LOL Did you get the almond crusted cheesecake there also? that looks soo yummy!! From what i heard it gets rave reviews:)

your cake looks delicious!!!!! WOW!! I keep debating back and forth about the cake-- but after seeing your it makes me want one even more!! Can i ask how much did that size cake cost? and what kind of batter and filling did you get? Aww i hope we get a seat by the window !! that would be soo nice:) did they do anything else special for you guys such as a glass of chamagne? or a special dessert? I heard other disers getting special treatments at places for there anniversary i am just trying to figure out what i am in for LOL Did you get the almond crusted cheesecake there also? that looks soo yummy!! From what i heard it gets rave reviews:)

Thanks! That cake was $70 from the cake hotline and WAY too big for just the 2 of us, but it was well worth it to see DH's face! (he never got to try our wedding cake so I had them re-create the flavors - chocolate cake with strawberry cream mousse filling - YUM) We even got to keep the platter it came on! That was a nice surprise! They also gave us personalized menus! They were too cute and completely unexpected!

c2.jpg

That cake was so big, we didn't even WANT to try the other desserts! :laughing:

Thanks! That cake was $70 from the cake hotline and WAY too big for just the 2 of us, but it was well worth it to see DH's face! (he never got to try our wedding cake so I had them re-create the flavors - chocolate cake with strawberry cream mousse filling - YUM) We even got to keep the platter it came on! That was a nice surprise! They also gave us personalized menus! They were too cute and completely unexpected!

c2.jpg

That cake was so big, we didn't even WANT to try the other desserts! :laughing:

aww your DH does look very happy to have the cake I would be too:):rotfl: Do you happen to know if you send them a picture of a wedding cake if they can re create it? I was thinking of sending them a picture of mine if i am able to and see what they can do:) The cake really looks delicious!!! I can't believe they let you keep the platter ! That is a nice little gift:) and the personalized menu is really cute too:) now i am hungry for cake LOL!! I have been on a diet for soo long!! lost a a lot of weight-- but don't get me wrong i will indulge for sure in disney LOL!! :dance3: but then after that its back to healthy eating lol :lmao: i guess its more of a lifestyle change now than a diet! but i am craving disney food like crazy!!!!:woohoo:

I am SO happy that I got up early and waited on hold for over an hour! :banana:

Here's What I got:

Thurs - 9/17 - Tusker House @ 8:20am
This is a character breakfast. There's still a ton of things at the Animal Kingdom that we haven't explored!
I'm hoping that an early start here helps us out!
I just have to remember not to overeat at the buffet! :lmao:

I'm SO doing the happy dance right now!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

We will be there at basically the same time. Our Res is @ 8:25 am I promised my DH that we could spend a whole day in AK since that is his favorite and for some reason when he is with us it always gets cut short. So I wanted to make sure we get an early start. We are celebrating our 10th Anniv.
We might actually run into each other there. Have a great time. :goodvibes

aww your DH does look very happy to have the cake I would be too:):rotfl: Do you happen to know if you send them a picture of a wedding cake if they can re create it? I was thinking of sending them a picture of mine if i am able to and see what they can do:) The cake really looks delicious!!! I can't believe they let you keep the platter ! That is a nice little gift:) and the personalized menu is really cute too:) now i am hungry for cake LOL!! I have been on a diet for soo long!! lost a a lot of weight-- but don't get me wrong i will indulge for sure in disney LOL!! :dance3: but then after that its back to healthy eating lol :lmao: i guess its more of a lifestyle change now than a diet! but i am craving disney food like crazy!!!!:woohoo:

My best advice would be to go browse the cake thread, get some ideas, and then call for the details. It can be as cheap or expensive as you make it!

PS: I've been doing Weight Watchers, but intend to have a little fun in Disney too! You gotta figure, with all that walking...I'm at least gonna splurge on a Mickey Head Ice Cream! :dance3:

We will be there at basically the same time. Our Res is @ 8:25 am I promised my DH that we could spend a whole day in AK since that is his favorite and for some reason when he is with us it always gets cut short. So I wanted to make sure we get an early start. We are celebrating our 10th Anniv.
We might actually run into each other there. Have a great time. :goodvibes

Well Happy Anniversary to you too! :goodvibes We definitely have a lot of unexplored territory in AK...now we're just praying for good weather! :worship:

I got my itinerary packet in the mail today with my luggage tags and vouchers! :yay:

I didn't know we were gonna get so much...I had no idea about some of the things that were included! Planet Hollywood Discounts, Photopass coupons, Arcade and Mini Golf Time...this is awesome! I guess I was just concerned about our Hotel and Dining Options and didn't read everything else! :lmao:

Hooray for Surprises in the Mail! :banana:

So I started looking at park hours this week and realized that we get to use EMH since we're staying onsite this year (gotta love these little perks!) DH and I are not too keen on getting up early on vacation unless we have to, so I think we'll be using mainly the evening hours...after experiencing last year's MNSSHP, we really enjoyed being in the parks so late at night. It was slightly spooky, but intimate...almost like we were the only ones there.

I think I'm especially looking forward to catching one at the Animal Kingdom! I've seen pictures over on the photography boards, and they are absolutely breathtaking! The way they light up Everest and the Tree at night looks like it gives the park a whole different feel. I didn't even know that the Animal Kingdom had EMH until I saw these shots! :eek:
(THANKS DIS! :disrocks:)

I'm not so sure about Epcot or DHS, but we'll definitely be doing MK and AK. (if you've been to the evening EMH at Epcot or DHS, I'd love to hear about it...they just don't seem as fun or as interesting as the other two)

Also...completely off topic, but We're Almost down to the 30day mark! Woo Hoo!

I don't know if anyone is reading along with my journey...but I just needed to vent!

I had a really bad night! I tripped on something in my husbands office :-)eek:) and it got stuck on my foot! I tried to kick it off and succeeded at hitting my foot on the wall and jamming said object into my foot! This caused quite a nice gash on my toes...I almost ended up in the ER for stitches, but thanks to one of my wonderful nurse friends, I only ended up having to go to the Pharmacy for some neosporin, ibuprofen, and bandages! UGH! :sad2:

Thank GOD this wasn't right before Disney! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter