The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the procedure for picking up a package that has been mailed to you at Pop or delivered by net grocer or garden grocer? I was reading on another thread that this is not as easy as I thought and that the policy at Disney resorts on this has recently changed. I read yesterday that now there's some kind of handling fee and it's stored at a remote location and takes lots of time to get????? Has anyone done this kind of thing recently at Pop and if so how did it go? Is it worth it? I had planned on using net grocer to deliver some breakfast bars and water...Thanks for any input. Also if someone can suggest a better delivery to use, I would appreciate some guidance in this as we have never done this before...thanks:flower3:

I just registered at Garden Grocer...is this the best way to go???/

We have requested top floor rooms at Pop. Can anyone tell me about the timing of Mousekeeping? I am traveling with a 16 month old so we plan on coming back to the room early afternoon for nap time and I am hoping that our room will have been done by then. If they haven't been, I will put out the do not disturb sign, but will they leave towels or will I have to call for some? Thanks!

We found at the All Stars that we always had trouble with this when the kids were younger. The problem is that their priority is getting the rooms done for people departing so new guests can check in. We always did the early entry, and then would get back to the room and they'd need a nap by 2pm or so. Rarely was the room done by then. We found if we put the Do Not Disturb sign, then they completely skipped the room. But if we didn't, the loud knock would always wake the kids up. We finally ended up most times having DH go and find a Mousekeeping cart, bringing our towels and trash, and asking them to swap out for new towels and a new trash bag and then putting up the sign. You can certainly request that they try to do your room earlier, but it may not happen. This worked as a compromise for us. Good luck!

We have requested top floor rooms at Pop. Can anyone tell me about the timing of Mousekeeping? I am traveling with a 16 month old so we plan on coming back to the room early afternoon for nap time and I am hoping that our room will have been done by then. If they haven't been, I will put out the do not disturb sign, but will they leave towels or will I have to call for some? Thanks!

We were back at the room at 1 pm most days and our room had been done by then. We were on the top floor.

You can call Mousekeeping and request a morning cleaning. If you're Do Not Disturb is out they'll try to come come back. At 4pm, if they still haven't been able to clean your room leave leave a bag of towels on your door handle.

What is the procedure for picking up a package that has been mailed to you at Pop or delivered by net grocer or garden grocer? I was reading on another thread that this is not as easy as I thought and that the policy at Disney resorts on this has recently changed. I read yesterday that now there's some kind of handling fee and it's stored at a remote location and takes lots of time to get????? Has anyone done this kind of thing recently at Pop and if so how did it go? Is it worth it? I had planned on using net grocer to deliver some breakfast bars and water...Thanks for any input. Also if someone can suggest a better delivery to use, I would appreciate some guidance in this as we have never done this before...thanks:flower3:

If you have packages mailed or delivered to the hotel they will be in storage behind the front desk. I have done this several times at POP and I simply had to ask someone at the desk and they went in the back and got it for me.

I was charged no handling fee for two packages two weeks ago at POP however I understand that CSR does charge however they are run a bit differently than other disney properties. There was never even an indication by the POP staff that a charge was possible. Hope this helps! :)

I was there for 8 nights and there seemed to be no set schedule w/our mousekeepers. There had been days that they were knocking on our door at 8:30am and others that I returned to the room at 3pm to find them cleaning it. Sometimes you will see them on the sidewalks outside and you can let them know you are leaving if your goal is to get back for a nap. I'm sure they would be happy to get your room done. My mouse keeper felt so bad the morning she woke us up! I'm sure they love to find empty rooms whenever they can.
I did however enjoy a chat w/ a lovely mouse keeper one afternoon about 2pm when I had to run in and grab stuff from our room while she was in there. She did a great job and as most disney CM's are, super nice! :thumbsup2

Hello everyone! Who on this site book using a TA or do you just book online at disneyworld.com?

We have used both a TA and going direct with Disney. We prefer calling Disney direct for a couple of reasons:
1) If you have any questions about your reservation Disney will not answer them if you use a TA, they direct you to your TA and then if they don't know the answer they have to call Disney and then call you back. I preferred just one phone call to Disney directly.
2) Disney Dining, when we used our TA she only gets into work at 9am, by then all the good ADR can be gone, I am a planner and preferred calling at 7am and getting everything I want.
3) They can make mistakes, last year when we used the TA she booked us a room at POR, we wanted a King room but they only had POFQ king rooms available, she assumed that we would not switch to POFQ, so she booked a standard room at POR, by the time she called me back with the info, then I told her to go with the POFQ king and then she called Disney and tried to get the POFQ king it was sold out. So we ended up with a standard room instead.
At least if it was me on the phone with Disney, I could of made the decision on the spot.
4)Lastly, having the Disney package mailed to my house, there is nothing more exciting than opening the mail box and seeing the blue Disney envelop in there. Using our TA everything got mailed to her, and then she called me to come get it. Then I have to drive to get my blue envelop, it takes away from the excitement.

Hope my two cents help! Enjoy your planning however you decide to go!

Hello everyone! Who on this site book using a TA or do you just book online at disneyworld.com?

I used a TA at Dreams Unlimited and was glad I did - I'm coming internationally and a couple of days ago the airline completely cancelled our flight out of Sydney, rescheduling us a day earlier - without our consent. Of course, when I complained they offered us a full refund however we'd paid such a low fare there was no way I'd be able to book us on any other airline at anywhere near a comparable price at this late stage.

It was morning here but night time in the US so I poked around the websites myself looking for any availablity for that one extra night and found absolutely nothing in value, but a possibility in moderate.

Not being happy I emailed my agent and explained the problem and POP and other values ARE booked solid. So here we were, arriving 1 night early from the other side of the world with nowhere to sleep. Considered 1 night in a moderate but we're on a tight budget. Plus, not "arriving" at the Pop on the Magical Express would have been a huge disappointment to my son. She said to leave it with her.

Not sure what she did but she managed to get us the extra night!

If I'd booked myself I may have been in a pickle but with the help of the TA we got what we needed. :yay:

Sorry but I just have to let my friends here at Dis know(because every one else will think I lost my mind).:rotfl2:
Today I bought this asternought Gi joe from the 60's on ebay:cool1:,Its the one they have In the lobby at POP from the 60's In those cases.I seen It a few years ago and i remember haveing one from when I was much younger!!:scared1:,and from then on every time we go back I am In front of the case like a little kid trying to convince my mom and dad to buy it. It brings me back to my youth.:goodvibes.Well Ive been looking for it awhile and finaly was able to get on ebay,I am going to build a case like the one from POP (but smaller)and put It on the wall.I hope this did not ruin any ones reading,but I know this Is the place that would appercite something like that.

thanks for the input about a TA or using Disney.. If anyone else has any input I sure would love to hear from you.

thanks for the input about a TA or using Disney.. If anyone else has any input I sure would love to hear from you.

As a TA, I will say they can check you in online. I haven't done it yet, but I will be testing it out myself in about a month.

Beth at Dreams Unlimited has been our TA for this trip and her communication and service is OUTSTANDING! :thumbsup2

I could do all of this myself but don't see any benefit for me in it or have any compulsion to do so given her level of service and attention to detail. YRMV but this is what worked for us. Others want to exercise more control over their ressie and that works for them. I would say that if you need to control your ressie, book it yourself. Otherwise, use a TA and I highly recommend Beth at DU. Bottom line, your comfort level w/controlling the process will mostly determine your choice.

Beth at Dreams Unlimited has been our TA for this trip and her communication and service is OUTSTANDING! :thumbsup2

I could do all of this myself but don't see any benefit for me in it or have any compulsion to do so given her level of service and attention to detail. YRMV but this is what worked for us. Others want to exercise more control over their ressie and that works for them. I would say that if you need to control your ressie, book it yourself. Otherwise, use a TA and I highly recommend Beth at DU. Bottom line, your comfort level w/controlling the process will mostly determine your choice.

We used Beth at DU and I couldn't agree more!

And I've used Cathy (not to be confused with Kathy) at Dreams Unlimites and she blows me away. I submit a quote and within a few hours, she has gottne back to me with the price. Usually I end up emailing her with changes or questions on a weekend and I add "Cathy, wait till Monday to do this" otherwise she's taking care of it on the weekend.

Dreams also is constantly looking at deals for you and then applying them to your ressie. You take the chance on missing out when you do it on your own.

I many times make my own ADR's but may ask her to do it this time.

The last reason as to why I use a TA is that it helps the economy just a bit. Every bit helps.

I have a question about transportation. We're thinking about going to Mara for breakfast one morning...I really want Mickey waffles (I know they won't taste any different than the Pop Waffle, but I'll know the difference!) and I want to show the bf AKL. I'm thinking we'll probably head over there prior to AK opening...so I guess bus transfers are out. Anyone know the price of a cab from Pop to the AKL?

I have a question about transportation. We're thinking about going to Mara for breakfast one morning...I really want Mickey waffles (I know they won't taste any different than the Pop Waffle, but I'll know the difference!) and I want to show the bf AKL. I'm thinking we'll probably head over there prior to AK opening...so I guess bus transfers are out. Anyone know the price of a cab from Pop to the AKL?

I'm not sure of the cost, but if you order a kids waffle breakfast those are Mickey Waffles. I get it at least once a trip. it's about $5 and it's 2 waffles and either bacon or sausage.

I've taken a cabe to AKL a couple times. It runs $10-$12 plus tip.

Question - does Everything Pop not have the Mickey Waffles anymore? I always get them my very first morning...at least, I have on all my past visits.

Question - does Everything Pop not have the Mickey Waffles anymore? I always get them my very first morning...at least, I have on all my past visits.

I saw Mickey kid's waffles at Everything Pop last week :)

We found at the All Stars that we always had trouble with this when the kids were younger. The problem is that their priority is getting the rooms done for people departing so new guests can check in. We always did the early entry, and then would get back to the room and they'd need a nap by 2pm or so. Rarely was the room done by then. We found if we put the Do Not Disturb sign, then they completely skipped the room. But if we didn't, the loud knock would always wake the kids up. We finally ended up most times having DH go and find a Mousekeeping cart, bringing our towels and trash, and asking them to swap out for new towels and a new trash bag and then putting up the sign. You can certainly request that they try to do your room earlier, but it may not happen. This worked as a compromise for us. Good luck!

That makes sense that they their priority is cleaning rooms for the new guests, I know when I check in I will appreciate that! ;) I'll definitely send my DH to find a cart if needed!

We were back at the room at 1 pm most days and our room had been done by then. We were on the top floor.

Awesome, I hope ours will be done quickly too!

You can call Mousekeeping and request a morning cleaning. If you're Do Not Disturb is out they'll try to come come back. At 4pm, if they still haven't been able to clean your room leave leave a bag of towels on your door handle.

Thanks!

I was there for 8 nights and there seemed to be no set schedule w/our mousekeepers. There had been days that they were knocking on our door at 8:30am and others that I returned to the room at 3pm to find them cleaning it. Sometimes you will see them on the sidewalks outside and you can let them know you are leaving if your goal is to get back for a nap. I'm sure they would be happy to get your room done. My mouse keeper felt so bad the morning she woke us up! I'm sure they love to find empty rooms whenever they can.
I did however enjoy a chat w/ a lovely mouse keeper one afternoon about 2pm when I had to run in and grab stuff from our room while she was in there. She did a great job and as most disney CM's are, super nice! :thumbsup2

Thank you!!

I'm not sure of the cost, but if you order a kids waffle breakfast those are Mickey Waffles. I get it at least once a trip. it's about $5 and it's 2 waffles and either bacon or sausage.

I saw Mickey kid's waffles at Everything Pop last week :)

Thanks to all :)

Question though: we just got the free quick service dining through Disney Visa. It's just 2 adults. Anyone know if you can get the Mickey Waffles for adults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter