The Great Trade Game

brentm77

DIS Veteran
In the interest of a positive post without any reference to the "worldwide event that shall not be named," will you all humor me for a thread?

You have been made CEO of Disney cruise. You must keep your per-cruise budget approximately flat, but have a nice little stash of one-time upgrade money if needed. What DCL "benefit/feature/entertainment" currently offered will you give up, and what will you put in its place?

In the interest of a positive post without any reference to the "worldwide event that shall not be named," will you all humor me for a thread?

You have been made CEO of Disney cruise. You must keep your per-cruise budget approximately flat, but have a nice little stash of one-time upgrade money if needed. What DCL "benefit/feature/entertainment" currently offered will you give up, and what will you put in its place?
I would give up "Match Your Mate" and replace it with a game show with new questions.

I would give up "Match Your Mate" and replace it with a game show with new questions.

I have never made it to the gameshows - or even the clubs in the evening for that mater. We just never seem to get around to it, and we are more morning people than night people. But at least trying it a night or two is at the top of my list for the next cruise. I have heard any of the trivia games are too repetitive and winners are people who have memorized the questions.

I have never made it to the gameshows - or even the clubs in the evening for that mater. We just never seem to get around to it, and we are more morning people than night people. But at least trying it a night or two is at the top of my list for the next cruise. I have heard any of the trivia games are too repetitive and winners are people who have memorized the questions.
We went on a back-to-back in 2019. We got a 100 on one of the trivia games on the second cruise, but we didn't claim the prize.

I always wondered how much they paid to play new movies in the theater. If it’s expensive, I think I would replace new movies in the theater with Disney classics.

Other than that... I would probably cut at least one of the shows. I have seen all the shows on every DCL cruises I’ve been on (Dream and Wonder) and there is always one that I dislike. I would replace it with... A night off. LOL

EDIT: Didn’t translate properly. :confused3

Last edited:
I always wondered how much they paid to play new movies in the theater. If it’s expensive, I think I would replace new movies in the theater for Disney classics.

Other than that... I would probably cut at least one of the shows. I have seen all the shows on every DCL cruises I’ve been on (Dream and Wonder) and there is always one that I dislike. I would replace it... A night off. LOL

I agree about the shows. They put the Dumbo premiere in the Walt Disney Theater, and that was cool. I wouldn't mind an evening with a classic movie instead of one of the lesser shows.

I want a Disney sing-along. They have karaoke but many don't want to sing alone in front of others but many like to sing the Disney songs. Have a big group sing-along for those who love to sing but have horrible voices, like me. LOL I would also love it if they had a few cruises a year that were completely smoke free. Even sitting outside, you can smell the smokers. As someone who is allergic, it puts a damper on your day to have a reaction. I bet if they made a child free cruise, they would sell out too.

24-hr funnel vision. Or at least leave it until real late like 1-3 am.
Doesn't cost much to make it happen and it brings so much joy
It'd also bring more ppl out in the open air instead of being confined indoors, which would help social distancing.
I never understood why funnel vision or the family pool close early at night (what is it, 11 for FV? - pool is 9 iirc)..

I never answered my own question - but one that comes to mind is that I would trade the miniature golf and ping pong games for a cooler adult and teen hangout section away from the pool. Something like what is around the adult area, with comfortable padded seating, some tables, and maybe sun coverings. It would be nice to be able to hang with teens outdoors, away from the loudness of the pool deck. The golf is pretty unexciting and isn't something we repeat most cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter