The Goodys are going back to Disney! Update:Page 19 & Checklist added!

Help us decide... Where should we stay and why?

• Contemporary

• Animal Kingdom Lodge

• Beach Club

• Polynesian

• Port Orleans Riverside

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello Everyone! I thought I would continue with our plans. Hope you are all doing well.

Day 3 - Monday, February 1st, 2010

Today we will wake up and head to Kona for our 7:30ADR and then walk over to the TTC and get on the monorail to EPCOT!

IMG_2299.jpg

TONGA TOAST and KONA COFFEE - YUMO!
IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

I figure we will spend the morning in Future Land- and try to hit these rides:

Wayne and Myles head to Mission Space and ride...

Owen and I head to Test Track and grab a fast pass.

Meet up with Wayne and Myles at The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush show.

IMG_2017.jpg

Go to Soarin', and grab a fast pass

Check out Journey into the Imagination with Figment - if we have time?

Head to lunch at Chef de France - Hopefully see Remy!
cuteremy.jpg

After lunch maybe go on Spaceship Earth and then head back to the Poly for an afternoon nap!

After our afternoon swim/ nap at the Poly, we will head back to Epcot for a 7PM ADR at Tutto! I have heard some bad things, but I am really looking forward to this one.

After dinner, we will stroll the World Showcase, and maybe do some kids activities, and a kim possible mission and grab our grey goose slushies and get our spot for Illuminations!! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

After Illuminations, we will take the monorail back to the Poly and fall into bed! :cloud9:

Let me know what you think of our plans!!

Your plans sound great! Kona looks amazing. I have to eat there one day.
KP closes at I think 7. I remember in May the girls wanted to do it about an hour and a half before Illuminations and The CM said it was closed. I thought Remy was only for a limited time.:confused3
Anyways hope you and the boys are doing well.
Are you guys still doing Disney nights?

Your day looks great!! :cool1: Are you and Wayne going to keep us updated on your every move through Twitter or Facebook? I'll be happy to live vicariously through you while you're there especially sine we have decided to go in Dec 2010 for the christmas decor. I have over a year to wait now!:sad1: Oh well! I've always wanted to see Disney all decked out for the holidays and what a great way to spend baby's first Christmas!

Your day looks great!! :cool1: Are you and Wayne going to keep us updated on your every move through Twitter or Facebook? I'll be happy to live vicariously through you while you're there especially sine we have decided to go in Dec 2010 for the christmas decor. I have over a year to wait now!:sad1: Oh well! I've always wanted to see Disney all decked out for the holidays and what a great way to spend baby's first Christmas!

Hello my friend!!
Oh, I think you can bet on Wayne with the twitter/facebook updates lol He LOVED doing that last time. We went the week after Christmas once- OMG Whatever you do, DON'T GO THAT WEEK!!!!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1:
It was AWFUL. I have heard however that early January is awesome and they still have the decorations up. :confused: I think next year we will be going again Jan/Feb - but we will see how this year goes and then we can compare the whole May to February thing...

How are you feeling? Those pics (3D) were amazing!!

Your plans sound great! Kona looks amazing. I have to eat there one day.
KP closes at I think 7. I remember in May the girls wanted to do it about an hour and a half before Illuminations and The CM said it was closed. I thought Remy was only for a limited time.:confused3
Anyways hope you and the boys are doing well.
Are you guys still doing Disney nights?

Good point about KP! I forgot about that. We are planning two days at Epcot this year so we will get in a few missions- the kids LOVE them! You do have to eat at Kona. It is SO good!!!! We havent been so good about our Disney Nights. I am SO STRESSED out about loosing my job- and now Wayne heard a bunch of layoffs coming at his job. :scared1: I was thinking if I was let go I would try the stay at home mom role, and I was really starting to look forward to it, but with both of us out of jobs- we wouldnt survive!! Plus how would we ever get to Disney again! ? :laughing: THey told me I should know my fate here in the next two weeks. Its going to be stressful waiting. :scared1:

Hope you are all doing good!!!!!

Sounds like a great day planned! Kona looks awesome will have to think about adding that one :rolleyes1 (still have a year to decide-:lmao: ). I have heard mixed things about Tutto--the pasta dishes I did not hear anything good on but the lasagna and one other dish (can't remember which one-whose's TR was that on :rolleyes1 )

Wendy ya'll can plan with us...we are going back Nov 2010, the week after Thanksgiving(is the plan so far)...I want to see the Christmas decorations with out the crowds. Some friends of ours went last year from Dec 24 - Jan 2 and said you could not move in any of the parks:eek:...I have subbed on to several threads to hear how the crowd levels are for all the different weeks of Nov and Dec to make our choice for certain in Jan.

Fun update! Nicki with the pictures!!! its getting close...:yay:

Great plans! Some day I want to try Tutto. You're doing so well with your plans. I think 3 trips in a year is a bit much cause I have no desire to work on our trip plans at all. lol

How can you go wrong with some Tonga Toast and a Grey Goose Slushy?popcorn::

I think your plans look great! How will the boys do with the long day? I did see you have a possible nap scheduled back at the Poly.... would they nap in a stroller? Are you even bringing a stroller?:confused3:confused3

Mmm.....that day sounds great.

We'll be having breakfast at Kona this Sunday...you're making my mouth water.....

That Tonga Toast picture is making my mouth water. Yummmm
It is that good- I cant wait for it!! :cloud9:

Mmm.....that day sounds great.

We'll be having breakfast at Kona this Sunday...you're making my mouth water.....

Make sure to tell me all about it!! :goodvibes

Myles? On Mission: Space? Ha, what? Are you serious? Question marks???

Yeaj that is true- lets skip past that one... lol:rotfl:

How can you go wrong with some Tonga Toast and a Grey Goose Slushy?popcorn::

I think your plans look great! How will the boys do with the long day? I did see you have a possible nap scheduled back at the Poly.... would they nap in a stroller? Are you even bringing a stroller?:confused3:confused3

Oh YEAH - double stroller - although it is a Maclaren and I have been hearing stuff on the news about them chopping off kids fingers so I am going to have to be careful with this one! :scared1:

Great plans! Some day I want to try Tutto. You're doing so well with your plans. I think 3 trips in a year is a bit much cause I have no desire to work on our trip plans at all. lol

i know what you mean- I am not as crazy as ai was with the last trip... I cant even imagine 3 in one year!! :scared1: I think I need a trip once a year or even once every two years maybe. I dont want the kids to just "EXPECT" Disney!!

Sounds like a great day planned! Kona looks awesome will have to think about adding that one :rolleyes1 (still have a year to decide-:lmao: ). I have heard mixed things about Tutto--the pasta dishes I did not hear anything good on but the lasagna and one other dish (can't remember which one-whose's TR was that on :rolleyes1 )

Wendy ya'll can plan with us...we are going back Nov 2010, the week after Thanksgiving(is the plan so far)...I want to see the Christmas decorations with out the crowds. Some friends of ours went last year from Dec 24 - Jan 2 and said you could not move in any of the parks:eek:...I have subbed on to several threads to hear how the crowd levels are for all the different weeks of Nov and Dec to make our choice for certain in Jan.

Fun update! Nicki with the pictures!!! its getting close...:yay:

Hey!! I am torn on Tutto- with all the great places in Epcot. Should I change it?? We did LeCellier already. I just dont know where else. :confused:

UGH, so after 3 months of waiting........ I finally here the news that my position has been eliminated. :scared1: I knew it might happen but when they say those words, it's hard not to feel rejected. :sad2: I have always worked. It feels so strange!! They want me to stay on a couple weeks and train the other admin.... My boss has retired or rather been forced into retirement so I kind of knew as her admin that my days were numbered. It was just crappy how the whole thing has been handled. Oh well. So now I am thinking that I will take the kids out of daycare and afterschool and be home with them and collect - it's 2 years now!!

I must admit, I am SO scared. :scared1: How can I be this scared of being alone with my terrible yet loveable two year old for 24 hours a day- 7 days a week??? ::eek: My 5 year old is a piece of cake and in school. I just worry that my little one will not have all the advantages that Myles had. He learned so much at school. I guess I will need a routine and schedule and will need to learn what the heck I am to do with a two year old!?

This is something I have wanted my whole life- and it broke my heart sending them to daycare when they wre 8 weeks old, but we had to do it. Now I am being paid for 2 years to be with my boys at home and practice/get adjusted to this new lifestyle! ... what a gift! I just hope that I will be good at it. :)

Sorry to hear that your position has been eliminated. :hug: I'm sure you are going to be just fine taking care of your beautiful boys. This may be the biggest blessing of your life. Everytime something negative has happened to me in my career, something 10 times more fantastic was right around the corner. I wish you the best Nickie!

Hey Nickie! Bummer about your job, but I think you will enjoy being a SAHM! I love it! I understand your concerns about being with Owen 24/7, but there are plenty of things you guys can do to break up the day. Before Emily started preschool, we signed up for free programs at the library, she took an art class through our community programs etc. If you need a break, there is always Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr!!:happytv: Take advantage of the unemployment $$ and enjoy your time with your boys!!

I won't like being home with a 2 year old is challenging at times but it is so great! Remember you won't be alone for 24 hours a day either.

Check our your library for story time. Also don't play with him all the time or he'll expect that and you won't get anything done. Help him learn how to play and entertain himself. :)

You'll learn to cherish the afternoon nap!

So are you getting 2 years severence pay?

I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I got laid off in May. Since then I've had so much time with my girls. They aren't two but they once were and I was a SAHM. It sounds hard but it's not. They have all these groups you can join with kids Owen's age and then the mothers and kids meet up like once a week at a house, park etc. So you could join something like that. Also if you are a member at a gym they probably have mommy and me classes. The library has a lot too. Nap time will be your favorite time of the day! There is a ton of learning books and toys you could buy to help with the learning basics. Also turning on Sesame street is a great way for Owen to learn a lot.
Thinks well all work out. Trust me on this
Barbara

I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I got laid off in May. Since then I've had so much time with my girls. They aren't two but they once were and I was a SAHM. It sounds hard but it's not. They have all these groups you can join with kids Owen's age and then the mothers and kids meet up like once a week at a house, park etc. So you could join something like that. Also if you are a member at a gym they probably have mommy and me classes. The library has a lot too. Nap time will be your favorite time of the day! There is a ton of learning books and toys you could buy to help with the learning basics. Also turning on Sesame street is a great way for Owen to learn a lot.
Thinks well all work out. Trust me on this
Barbara

Thanks Barbara! I am excited. I stop working December 3rd and really am looking forward to it. Already I have noticed such a change with Owen. It's amazing when you take the time to sit and teach them things how fast they learn. I do love nap time!! I am also going to have my mom sit come over for coffee once a week and Wayne's mom too and stay with Owen while I go to the gym. I hope I can make a healthy change for myself too.

I won't like being home with a 2 year old is challenging at times but it is so great! Remember you won't be alone for 24 hours a day either.

Check our your library for story time. Also don't play with him all the time or he'll expect that and you won't get anything done. Help him learn how to play and entertain himself. :)

You'll learn to cherish the afternoon nap!

So are you getting 2 years severence pay?

No not two years severance- boy that would have been nice!! BUT they are paying me till the end of the year and then giving about 4 months severance and then I can collect. i figure this will be a slow way to ease us into the one income....

Hey Nickie! Bummer about your job, but I think you will enjoy being a SAHM! I love it! I understand your concerns about being with Owen 24/7, but there are plenty of things you guys can do to break up the day. Before Emily started preschool, we signed up for free programs at the library, she took an art class through our community programs etc. If you need a break, there is always Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr!!:happytv: Take advantage of the unemployment $$ and enjoy your time with your boys!!

Thanks!!! I am getting more used to the idea and getting excited about it. THanks for the great ideas.

Sorry to hear that your position has been eliminated. :hug: I'm sure you are going to be just fine taking care of your beautiful boys. This may be the biggest blessing of your life. Everytime something negative has happened to me in my career, something 10 times more fantastic was right around the corner. I wish you the best Nickie!

You have a great outlook! I know you are right. I am such a control freak and not having the control to leave when I want is the hard thing.... but I am not sure if I ever would and I have ALWAYS wanted to be home with the boys so this is a good push for me!!

Nicki, sorry I have not be on lately...some reason did not see your update!
I know you are torn...I did not do daycare with the older two; but, I did work part time (mom kept them on the days I worked--for her, she had a flower shop and we took turns working). So, this go round with Ashton I AM a for real SAHM! I do watch Chloe so it gives him someone to play with and unfort. for me my main adult interaction is the dis (not unfort. to have made friends with everyone--I love you all! But, that I don't really have people to hang outwith (all my friends remember have grown children, so we are on two different places now).so, just remember to schedule adult fun too and you will love being home and won't miss work at all. I have read where alot of SAHM's use Mommy's day out a day or two a week to give them a break (but, you should not feel the need for that at least for a month or two :rotfl:

But, like Shannon we just started going to local story time at the library (they love it), we try to go to the park, and we have school time for an hour a day (I bought workbooks at the Dollar General--some are even Disney themed; and I use alot off the internet)...we go to the local playgrounds and well you get the picture...

So, Good Luck and CONGRATUALTIONS!!! have fun with your babies...
I know you will!!!
Connie :wave2:

BTW: I just wanted to let you know I am very very jealous...you get paid to be a SAHM!!! how lucky is that!! :yay:

Nicki, sorry I have not be on lately...some reason did not see your update!
I know you are torn...I did not do daycare with the older two; but, I did work part time (mom kept them on the days I worked--for her, she had a flower shop and we took turns working). So, this go round with Ashton I AM a for real SAHM! I do watch Chloe so it gives him someone to play with and unfort. for me my main adult interaction is the dis (not unfort. to have made friends with everyone--I love you all! But, that I don't really have people to hang outwith (all my friends remember have grown children, so we are on two different places now).so, just remember to schedule adult fun too and you will love being home and won't miss work at all. I have read where alot of SAHM's use Mommy's day out a day or two a week to give them a break (but, you should not feel the need for that at least for a month or two :rotfl:

But, like Shannon we just started going to local story time at the library (they love it), we try to go to the park, and we have school time for an hour a day (I bought workbooks at the Dollar General--some are even Disney themed; and I use alot off the internet)...we go to the local playgrounds and well you get the picture...

So, Good Luck and CONGRATUALTIONS!!! have fun with your babies...
I know you will!!!
Connie :wave2:

BTW: I just wanted to let you know I am very very jealous...you get paid to be a SAHM!!! how lucky is that!! :yay:

Hi Connie!! I was wondering where you have been!? I do feel so fortunate for this opportunity. Thanks for the great ideas and for the support. It is too bad you don't live closer so we could get Owen and Ashton together!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter