The Golf Cart Thread

iTunes is just an interface. You can take any old CD you have of music and bring it into iTunes to load up onto your iPod mp3 player.

As soon as I get a receiver mounted on the back of my fiver I'll be able to get my cart to the fort. I picked up a used Swivel Wheel 78 here locally. You can see pictures of it on the craigslist ad; http://dallas.craigslist.org/mcy/581681146.html. The guy I bought it from did a couple of nice things to it. He put on a rubber floor trimmed aroung the edges with aluminum and channels for a motor cycle and bicycles. I won't need the m/c channel and I'm going to have to move the bicycle channels a little further apart since they are currently mounted at exactly the same width as my cart. A spare tire was also included with it. He also custom made wheels mounted on square tube stock that fit into the stake pockets along one side and allow you to store the trailer on its edge. That way I can store it in my shop out of the weather without taking up much space. It wasn't really a bad deal at all. Only thing I can say is if I hadn't loaded the thing behind the truck myself I would have never known it was back there. The way the 78 tapers front to back it disappears behind the dually.

I picked the red one up last week cheap $1000.00 2002 yamaha gas runs great. But we are going to repaint it replace the tires and recover the seats. The white cart is my old one which I will also be repainting this summer.

DSC00425.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00426.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm pretty excited... we'll be carrying our new cart to the Fort for the first time Memorial Day weekend.....

P3022811.jpg

Thanks...we're trying to decide what we want to do with it.... I wanted neon green flames.... TheBigGuy is thinking something else...lol... .ANYTHING else!

I added the windshield and roll bar today (cracked the windshield before I even finished installing it, but it'll do for now :()

100_3629.jpg

100_3663.jpg

the 11 yr old is getting way too comfortable with it!!
100_3630.jpg

Dang Rog, you new puppy gets you awesome golf cart parts, mine gets me stains on the carpet. :confused3

All right, I'm not letting my dh look at this thread. He'll never be happy with what I've let him do to our cart. These carts are too cool and the paint jobs are awesome!

Thanks Nana!!!:)

Dang Rog, you new puppy gets you awesome golf cart parts, mine gets me stains on the carpet. :confused3

This puppy's the best thing thats happened to me so far this year, and he's pretty much house broken(3 accidents)!!!:teeth: Life is good right now!

The cart looks great! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Looks like you musta had a real nice day to take pics too. Need a pic of you behind the wheel.

That cart is lookin' good there Rog. I like those green flames. It would rock even more with some low profile tires.:thumbsup2

Thanks ya'll...Im having a great time putting it together. Im gonna start working the BOSS soon for a new motor/controller so I can race Gatordad and his 75mph cart!! ;)

Rog, you should be a proud papa! I love the cart! How did you break the windshield?
Im not sure what happend...I was riveting the plexiglass to the frame and after the 5th one, I noticed the crack!!! Im gonna call around and see how much a new piece of plexi is...but I heard its pretty hefty in price considering its just a piece of plastic.....then Id have to remove the rivets, which seems wont be the easiest thing in the world to do. I may just blow it off for a while till after I get some HP in the motor.

Im not sure what happend...I was riveting the plexiglass to the frame and after the 5th one, I noticed the crack!!! Im gonna call around and see how much a new piece of plexi is...but I heard its pretty hefty in price considering its just a piece of plastic.....then Id have to remove the rivets, which seems wont be the easiest thing in the world to do. I may just blow it off for a while till after I get some HP in the motor.

Rog, here's a little tip to prevent those cracks. Put a 1/4" nut over the stem of the rivet before you squeeze the rivet gun. It's works wonderfully!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter