The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Thank you, still lots to get my head around with Genie+.

So, I I book a genie+ at 7am for 4pm (assuming I’m trying to stack for the afternoon/evening) then park open at MK is 9am, I can’t book another until 11am then?

Then when I tap in for my 4pm ride, I can’t book another attraction as that isn’t my most recent ride booked?

Is this correct? Just trying to make sure I understand correctly.

I think the one G+ feature that helped me the most while we were there last week that I don't read about often is that if you go to book a ride and you aren't eligible yet, it will tell you when you are actually eligible to book your next experience. I also found that after a day or two of using G+/LL/ILL heavily, it got much easier to understand the logistics of when you could book your next LL because it can get confusing depending on the order that you book things. I was very nervous about using G+ before our trip. We were FP power users and I knew how to use that system very efficiently and effectively. I educated myself on G+ by reading message boards and FB groups and watched one video (Ear Scouts) and hoped for the best. After one day of G+ I was a fan and actually really like it (as long as I don't try to compare it to FP and look at it as it's own thing). We had an awesome trip last week and thanks to G+ we got on everything we wanted to within the first 5 days of our trip which gave us 3 days to go back to repeat our favorites and also do some rides/shows we didn't think we'd have time for. I wish it was free or less expensive, but in the long run it added $200/person to our 8 day trip and it was worth every penny.

I think the one G+ feature that helped me the most while we were there last week that I don't read about often is that if you go to book a ride and you aren't eligible yet, it will tell you when you are actually eligible to book your next experience. I also found that after a day or two of using G+/LL/ILL heavily, it got much easier to understand the logistics of when you could book your next LL because it can get confusing depending on the order that you book things. I was very nervous about using G+ before our trip. We were FP power users and I knew how to use that system very efficiently and effectively. I educated myself on G+ by reading message boards and FB groups and watched one video (Ear Scouts) and hoped for the best. After one day of G+ I was a fan and actually really like it (as long as I don't try to compare it to FP and look at it as it's own thing). We had an awesome trip last week and thanks to G+ we got on everything we wanted to within the first 5 days of our trip which gave us 3 days to go back to repeat our favorites and also do some rides/shows we didn't think we'd have time for. I wish it was free or less expensive, but in the long run it added $200/person to our 8 day trip and it was worth every penny.
This sounds so positive, thank you. I am a bit nervous and it feels daunting to use a new system. I am hopeful that with tips I’ve picked up we should get some decent use out of it.

The app feature letting you know if you can book again sounds great, at least that way you can try when you think you should be able to book an if not then come back when it says you can.

Sounds like you really made it work for you.

Can anyone provide advice about using (or not using) Genie+ LL for shows. I'm a WDW newbie, taking our first trip the week after next. We have Genie+ for our entire trip. I know there's a few shows we'd like to do (Lion King, Indiana Jones, Feathered Friends off the top of my head, probably others too). What would the benefit be to using Genie+ for these? Do they tend to fill up otherwise?

Can anyone provide advice about using (or not using) Genie+ LL for shows. I'm a WDW newbie, taking our first trip the week after next. We have Genie+ for our entire trip. I know there's a few shows we'd like to do (Lion King, Indiana Jones, Feathered Friends off the top of my head, probably others too). What would the benefit be to using Genie+ for these? Do they tend to fill up otherwise?
Since AK has only a few rides and the queue for Lion King is mostly outdoors with little to no shade, I would book a LL esp during peak season (and if you’re only going 1 day), unless you’re park hoping (don’t want to wait another 2 hrs to get next Genie+).

Indiana Jones probably doesn’t need one (lots of seats) but I’ve seen long lines for that as well. I would prioritize rides and push shows to the evening when LLs for the big rides are gone. If Fantasmic opens I would definitely get one for that as it would be insanely popular. Frozen doesn’t usually need a pass either. We’ve just walked in a few mins before the show. It really depends on time of day and how crowded it is (afternoon will be less crowded as families and rope droppers head back for a break). You can line up for shows while waiting for your next Genie+

What you this mean for people who have Genie+ included for their whole stay?
Hopefully they postpone major changes and just make minor changes like going back to 2 paid LLI$ as before (most likely). It’s still prudent to check rules and park hours.

Since AK has only a few rides and the queue for Lion King is mostly outdoors with little to no shade, I would book a LL esp during peak season (and if you’re only going 1 day), unless you’re park hoping (don’t want to wait another 2 hrs to get next Genie+).

Indiana Jones probably doesn’t need one (lots of seats) but I’ve seen long lines for that as well. I would prioritize rides and push shows to the evening when LLs for the big rides are gone. If Fantasmic opens I would definitely get one for that as it would be insanely popular. Frozen doesn’t usually need a pass either. We’ve just walked in a few mins before the show. It really depends on time of day and how crowded it is (afternoon will be less crowded as families and rope droppers head back for a break). You can line up for shows while waiting for your next Genie+
Thanks for this advice! How early before a show would you plan to get in line if doing standby?

In March it was 45 mins at least for the Lion King show. If there is a disability, seats are limited and even with a LL you can be pushed into the next show (so 1 hr).

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowU...of_the_Lion_King-Orlando_Florida.html#REVIEWS
Ok, so it sounds like you could really be saving some significant time using Genie+ for these popular shows! I'm assuming you wouldn't need to get in line early with a Genie+ LL since it would be a separate (shorter) line?

Good tip about ADRs taking longer A rough plan so far has an Ohana ADR for around 7.30/8am and was hoping to be at MK around 10am. Then stay at MK until around 2pm and head back to the resort until 4/5pm or so.

I had planned to book our first G+ ride around 7am for 10-11 then book another once we tap in. Was hoping to do Big Thunder, and Space Mountain on G+ then 7DMT as LL$ before 1pm - probably too ambitious and won’t work but won’t be the end of the world if not. Would be nice to maximise G+ and paid LL to try to get 3/4 rides done before heading back to the resort. Ideally would like to get Big Thunder, 7DMT, Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion done before doing back to the resort.

Then try to stack a few others for the evening.
The only issue I see is the runaround. Can you book Space first and then work your way to Fantasyland and then Haunted Mansion and save Adventureland for the evening or vice versa.

Ok, so it sounds like you could really be saving some significant time using Genie+ for these popular shows! I'm assuming you wouldn't need to get in line early with a Genie+ LL since it would be a separate (shorter) line?
Yes but lines for other big rides are over 60 mins. This is in 92 degree weather (with threat of thunderstorms)

3C1602CD-AEE8-4A71-9207-495AAA51F4C4.jpeg
HS has many shows so you don’t need to wait 60 mins. I would check lines 30 mins before and grab a snack if it still looks manageable.

The only issue I see is the runaround. Can you book Space first and then work your way to Fantasyland and then Haunted Mansion and save Adventureland for the evening or vice versa.
That makes so much more sense.

I’ve just been reading that paid LL will be 7DMT and SM by the time I travel (December) which will be better for me if so. I’m guessing this means I can grab both these as 1st and 2nd rides, paid, then prioritise doing HM as my first genie+ - does this work?

Last edited:
At 7 am, JC at most will go into early afternoon, not 7 pm (just looked at thrill data; I suppose if you wait a few mins it will go past 4 pm!)

I would suggest booking JC sometime between 9-11 am, tapping in (when you tap into the second turnstile you’re near loading btw) and super refresh for Big Thunder. At this time POC is easier to walk on (mostly shaded queue vs Big Thunder). Lunch break before or after Big Thunder depending on how close you can book.

Around 12:30 pm most rides will go into the early evening so you can start stacking (we start with Monsters, Buzz, Space and then have a LLI$ for SDMT, then Peter Pan and Haunted mansion for post fireworks).
Thanks for your tips!! I will take notes for sure in order to benefit from G+stacking!!

I was told about that feature some time ago...they told me to take advantage of the AI G+ brain to do the planning! But...I always prefer to arrive to the parks with a solid but flexible plan, just in case! So nice you have a great trip and maximize your G+ spendings.

This sounds so positive, thank you. I am a bit nervous and it feels daunting to use a new system. I am hopeful that with tips I’ve picked up we should get some decent use out of it.

The app feature letting you know if you can book again sounds great, at least that way you can try when you think you should be able to book an if not then come back when it says you can.

Sounds like you really made it work for you.
It will be my first time with G+ and I am staying off property so I am a bit anxious too.

Do you think after August, Epcot will return to have Remy as ILL? I am not sure if it is worth it to buy G+ for Epcot. Test Track and Remy are the rides that I will prioritize.

If we stay off-site, will we miss out on the most popular ILL opportunities? For instance, everyone seems to indicate that ROTR ILL will be gone in minutes every day, so none would be available at park open. Is this true of this ride or any others.

We may stay on-site, and this could swing our decision. If it helps, we will be there in September.
I haven't seen drops for RoTR in a regular basis. I will be also staying off property and planning stand by line for that ride. It is too popular and if Disney is not re filling it, then chances are low. September is a less crowded month so maybe you can grab one. Keep practicing so you can train your "fast finger"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!