The FORTUNE COOKIE SURPRISE TRIP To Disney-THE SURPRISE!

Turbovtec93 said:
Hey mom, I see that your on the boards right now and just wanted to say that I am SOOOO happy you and Craig like the surprise as much as you do!!!

Did I miss something? What was the surprise? I like how all of yall surprise each other! I would love to be surprised with ANYTHING!

I dont want to say what the surprise is until I can post pictures of it because I want it to be a surprise for everyone on here too :woohoo:

What can I say except that this family is the best family to be around. They are always full of love and have tons of fun with each other. This Sunday we got together for a ham dinner (which I must say was the best ham dinner ever) and 6 hours flew by as if we were there for an hour. We had tons of fun and lots of laughs, and the best first root beer float ever. Thanks you guys for everything. I couldn't ask for a better family to be with. :bitelip: :earsgirl: :flower1:

HAHA! I was able to post the picture of my surprise for everyone in my signature so have a look and tell me what you think!!!!!

I love hearing from this family. You guys are great. Turbovtec93, I loved your surprise. That is awesome. Make sure to keep posting. :banana:

Turbovtec93 said:
HAHA! I was able to post the picture of my surprise for everyone in my signature so have a look and tell me what you think!!!!!

Vey nice! I love that you want to 'wear' a reminder of your family everywhere that you go. A fitting tribute to all of you!

OMG I was moved to tears thank you for sharing your joy something I will hold onto and may borrow as my son is 9 and will remember your story when and if God willing I should be blessed to be a grandmother!

just catching up with you all, so glad you're still excited about it. and I love the fortune cookie tattoo by the way :thumbsup2

Just came on to see if Southwest had put out their new schedule. Poor DM and DF are going batty waiting as this is the only loose end of our trip they can not tie up. :badpc: Not yet. Thanks for all the continued response to our story. I can speak for all of us when I say we are all still as excited as we were the moment we found out. So hilarious when my 2 year old DS says "we going to dissey". As you can tell we talk about it often and he has picked up our new favorite saying. Looking forward to sharing the next leg of our family journey our trip reports, is it August yet? :goodvibes

Jake & Crew said:
Just found this thread and read every post ~ WOW ~ how amazing to see a family share like this with everyone on the dis!!! I come from a close (RI) family also, but I am inspired by the sharing you do. You already have some great scrapbooks in the making with your thoughts and sharing ( and the trip is months away!!) I live in RI and have been teaching people how to make albums for five years ~ if I can help you in any way (free of course) I would be honored. Feel free to PM with any questions, since we are in the same state ( though I am ALL the way north :rotfl2: ) would be happy to teach Jac & Co all you need to keep these memories alive for ever. We just made an amazing album for my dad's 60th and it was the most touching thing to be able to have the opportunity to open up and tell dad how much we loved him.

More important than posting here ( though don't stop because you inspire more than you will ever know) keep sharing with each other, it is all about the family and you have a terrific one!!! my best memories are wdw with my parents and siblings growing up, the magic lasts forever! :grouphug:

WOW Jake & Crew! What a wonderful gesture on your part to offer to give us a hand wih our scrapbooking! Thank you! I am sure the album you made for your dad's 60th is fantastic. :lovestruc Again, we thank you! Once back from our adventure i just may give you a call. Well, send you a PM, that is. :teeth:

carolfoy said:
just catching up with you all, so glad you're still excited about it. and I love the fortune cookie tattoo by the way :thumbsup2
Hello, Carol! :wave: :wave:
I have thought of you (and your wonderful ideas ;) )often and have been wondering how you are. It was so nice to see your post! :goodvibes
Yes, indeed, we are all still excited and looking forward to our adventure in Disney. All our ADRs are set-now just waiting for SWA to open up flight dates for our trip. That, I must admit, is making me quite frazzled. :crazy: Again, it was great to "hear" from you. :goodvibes

:wave:
Hi again, I'm off 'stateside' on monday so I'll 'see' you when I get back. good luck with the airfares BTW

Looking forward to your PM! Understand the flight frazzle, we went through it in Dec, had booked our Land/sea for May Nov 30th but no flight info out until the 2nd week of Dec, it was good news though so hang in there!!! :thumbsup2

I loved reading all about this. I remember your original thread and am all teary eyed reading about the moment of truth! How truly magical. God bless!

Hey Guys,
I am a little late in finding this thread. But I LOVE it!!! :love:
It brought tears to my eyes too! I can just imagine all of the excitement throughout your family. What a wonderful surprise and what a creative way to reveal it.
I cannot wait to read your TR.
I hope your trip is truly magical!! :wizard:

cherokeemamma said:
Hey Guys,
I am a little late in finding this thread. But I LOVE it!!! :love:
It brought tears to my eyes too! I can just imagine all of the excitement throughout your family. What a wonderful surprise and what a creative way to reveal it.
I cannot wait to read your TR.
I hope your trip is truly magical!! :wizard:
Thank you, Cherokeemamma. :goodvibes It is just so cool to log onto the DisBoards and see that people are still reading our "story." :goodvibes
As far as the Trip Reports go? I am overwhelmed just thinkin' about the idea of writing them! :rotfl: (Yet excited about the idea, too!)

Thanks for sharing that Magical Moment story with us, love that idea!! We too are going to Disneyland for the FIRST time on June 20th! We have always dreamed of going, and it was always my mom's dream to take us, but that never happened.(my sister did get to go for one night for graduation trip with her senior class, 20 years ago) So my husband and I came into some money and decided we would finally take our two kids, but I decided I just couldn't go without taking my sister's family as that has always been their dream to take their three kids and they just couldn't afford it. So we are all going, NINE of us! We are staying in a family suite, sleeps 10. Our oldest daughter(13) knows about the trip , smarty pants figured it out one day, however our youngest does not know, he is 10, and neither do any of my sister's kids.( 9, 13, and 16). My daughter however does not know all the little surprises we have planned. THe first one is the morning of the 20th a limo will show up to pick us up then later pick up my sister's family. He will present us all with Personalized Gold Mickey ears.( I have a friend in CA that is sending them to me)Plus I ordered carry on type zip up handbags that each person will get that is full of disney themed things for the airplane trip/etc. ( disney hat,tshirt,stuffed animal, coloring books,puzzles,suckers,pens,crayons,etc etc)The fun part too is our two kids have never been on a plane before!!! YEAH!! We got the 4 day hopper pass, then we have tickets to go to Seaworld for one day, and Universal for one day. We extended our trip to the 7th day.(plane leaves at 8pm) just so we could do the Pirates of Carribean ride,supposed to open that day!We are doing the character breakfast at Goofys Kitchen one morning and the dining with Shamu at Seaworld.
I am more excited about all the kids reactions, then getting excited about seeing Disneyland!!! YEAH!!

Hugs,
Shawn in Vancouver,WA :yay:

SAsh said:
Thanks for sharing that Magical Moment story with us, love that idea!! We too are going to Disneyland for the FIRST time on June 20th! We have always dreamed of going, and it was always my mom's dream to take us, but that never happened.(my sister did get to go for one night for graduation trip with her senior class, 20 years ago) So my husband and I came into some money and decided we would finally take our two kids, but I decided I just couldn't go without taking my sister's family as that has always been their dream to take their three kids and they just couldn't afford it. So we are all going, NINE of us!...
Hugs,
Shawn in Vancouver,WA :yay:

Thank you, Shawn, for sharing your story, too! :grouphug: Hava a wonderful adventure!! :wizard:

I just came across this story and it so moved me.

That is the power of the Disney Magic.

Your family will have a blast.

Thanks for sharing.

I loved the fortune cookie surprise. I hope you guys have fun. I know you will love Disney :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter