The FORTUNE COOKIE SURPRISE TRIP To Disney-THE SURPRISE!

Thanks everyone! Yep we are getting so excited we leave in 13 days!!

Hugs
Shawn

SAsh said:
Thanks everyone! Yep we are getting so excited we leave in 13 days!!

Hugs
Shawn

:tinker: Wishing you many magical memories! Have a blast! :yay:

loved this post. I'm kind of partial to surprises though since we are planning a surprise trip for our 2 boys in Sept. Your post brought back memories for me. We did the fortune cookies to announce our last pregnancy to the family.

Your story made me cry.
I am planning a surprise birthday trip for my son. And partly for me....I have lost 2 of my 3 parents in the last three years and have come to realize the important stuff is the memmories we are left with. We will be at WDS 8-24 to 8-31 and then off to the Disney Wonder for a 3 day cruise. I had planned on giving my son our WDW tickets for his family party on the 24th right before flight time.
We have often talked about how much fun it would be to take a Disney cruise, so I thought I would tell him we were taking a trip to see the beach and while we there stop off to wave goodbye to the Disney boat, then surprise him with the boat tickets once there.
After reading your post, I am pondering ways to break the news differently.
I am sure your family will remember not only the trip, but the fabulous way you surprised them forever! :wave2:

hockeymomoftwo said:
loved this post. I'm kind of partial to surprises though since we are planning a surprise trip for our 2 boys in Sept. Your post brought back memories for me. We did the fortune cookies to announce our last pregnancy to the family.

How wonderful, hockeymomoftwo!:wizard:

zacharybsmom said:
Your story made me cry.
I am planning a surprise birthday trip for my son. And partly for me....I have lost 2 of my 3 parents in the last three years and have come to realize the important stuff is the memmories we are left with. We will be at WDS 8-24 to 8-31 and then off to the Disney Wonder for a 3 day cruise. I had planned on giving my son our WDW tickets for his family party on the 24th right before flight time.
We have often talked about how much fun it would be to take a Disney cruise, so I thought I would tell him we were taking a trip to see the beach and while we there stop off to wave goodbye to the Disney boat, then surprise him with the boat tickets once there.
After reading your post, I am pondering ways to break the news differently.
I am sure your family will remember not only the trip, but the fabulous way you surprised them forever! :wave2:
Wishing you all the best, zacharybsmom.:angel:

Okay, I can barely see my keyboard right now!! I swear, this is the VERY FIRST POST on ANY Disney board that has EVER made me CRY!!! :sad:

What a TREASURE you guys must be to your entire family... :grouphug: .not JUST for a trip, but to go to all of this for the surprise of a lifetime...wish I could have been a fly on the wall at THAT moment!!!!

Although it is obvious to me that you will....HAVE A WONDERFUL FAMILY HOLIDAY!!!!! party:

I just discovered this thread today-- what a great story! I actually felt goosebumps of anticipation as I read it. I hope your whole family has a magical trip! pixiedust:

LBelle said:
Okay, I can barely see my keyboard right now!! I swear, this is the VERY FIRST POST on ANY Disney board that has EVER made me CRY!!! :sad:

What a TREASURE you guys must be to your entire family... :grouphug: .not JUST for a trip, but to go to all of this for the surprise of a lifetime...wish I could have been a fly on the wall at THAT moment!!!!

Although it is obvious to me that you will....HAVE A WONDERFUL FAMILY HOLIDAY!!!!! party:
Thank you, LBelle ;) I do not know who enjoyed the surprise more-me and DH or the rest of the gang!

Deebo said:
I just discovered this thread today-- what a great story! I actually felt goosebumps of anticipation as I read it. I hope your whole family has a magical trip! pixiedust:
Thanks, Deebo :) We are just counting down the days now-only 34 more to go!:thumbsup2

Your story brought tears to my eyes...how did you keep it a secret? My husband and I had made our reservations and tried to keep the secret as long as we could (we are both 10 at heart!). We even thought about keeping the secret until we go onto the airplane...but we told them about 2 weeks after making the reservations...with about five more months to go...But we did have a blast planning, shopping and packing! We had a great time!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful story and I wish you lots of happy, Disney Magic on your trip!

pixiedust247 said:
Your story brought tears to my eyes...how did you keep it a secret? My husband and I had made our reservations and tried to keep the secret as long as we could (we are both 10 at heart!). We even thought about keeping the secret until we go onto the airplane...but we told them about 2 weeks after making the reservations...with about five more months to go...But we did have a blast planning, shopping and packing! We had a great time!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful story and I wish you lots of happy, Disney Magic on your trip!

Thanks, pixiedust247! Keeping the surprise trip a secret was almost impossible! There were many times when we just wanted to jump up and yell "We're all going to Disney!" :teeth:
I know what you mean about having a blast planning & shopping! We "announced" the surprise early enough so everyone would have plenty of time to enjoy the planning and shopping, too!

OH My!!! That was a fabulous story!!! How creative!!! I hope you all have a wonderful time, filled with lots of Pixie Dust!!

Tinkerbell10403 said:
OH My!!! That was a fabulous story!!! How creative!!! I hope you all have a wonderful time, filled with lots of Pixie Dust!!

Thanks, Tikerbell10403!:)

monymony3471 said:
So, is there a trip report in the near future?

I want so much to do a trip report when we return-and dining reviews, too!:goodvibes Yet just the thought is overwhelming! I am thinking of making our own website-that way there will be plenty of "room" for it all-and pics, too! Yet, again, I am overwhelmed just thinking about it all!:teeth:

I'm sure you all had a fabulous time. I'm just greedy for details. Hee Hee.

Never would I want to overwhelm you. If you can, can't I'd understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter