The Fixer and The Cookmaster:major pixie dust*IT'S FINISHED*EPILOGUE UP!!#389

Jami,
I lost you for a while but just read the Epilogue. Lovely! I'm tearing up. My DS11 is "young" too, even though he's 5'7" and 140lbs!!! I agree. Let them enjoy Goofy. Let them be little. I will be busy here cherishing mine while you are there cherishing yours. Only 103 days until WE hit WDW and I can have some more great vacation memories!

God Bless,
Katy :sunny:

And you have shamed me.

You have.

Along with brightened my days.

You have.

I feel the love and the light and the goodness in you and yours.

YOU ARE GOOD PEOPLE.

And, now, I must go to TOOT and edit.

For real.

Thanks. Thank you!

Maelstrom! MY FRIEND.

Cheers, Mel.

:moped:

Jami, that was a fastpass, my friend.

Thanks for sharing your family and your vacation with us. You're a really great writer and you take us there with you. I love all the pictures of your family. Those boys are gonna be heartbreakers before you can turn around and bat your eyes. Shrek too.

I appreciated the thing about the Maelstromers. Because it was so true. Who knew you could hop on a website to seek out Disney information and end up caring for people whose face you've never seen? Who knew? Anyway, thanks for all the yellow you've given us, Jami.

You are most definitely good people. :artist:

:moped:

La2

ETA: Just to clarify: I was leaky about the fact that they're growing up too fast and will be facing tough decisions in their little lives sooner than we want them to. The Power Rangers can take a hike. Borg there. Again.

What a wonderful report! Thanks for sharing!

BTW, I KNOW that Mexican restaurant! :goodvibes

Lynn

Jami!

YAK, I hope you were able to sleep after all that dreadful drivel

Jami! Wow!

I read the whole thing start to finish last night. What a great read. Thank you so much for the the wonderful stories.

I am so glad you got Goofy for A!. I got teary on that one! I love those kind of surprises. I can just imagine when he gets married and Goofy remains the centerpiece on his family dining table :rotfl2: I'm sure he'll find someone who shares your family passion for Disney, when working there!! :thumbsup2

We are all about talking to them about our vacation to an ‘International Food and Wine Festival that happens to be held in Orlando And It’s a Grownup Thing.’ We had no intention of playing the way we play with our kids.

I too am coming with a girlfriend. It's going to be so much fun! DD and DS are a "little" upset that they aren't going......AD just thinks I'm nuts.....but we are going to have a great grownup time!!! Meet y'all at the Hippy Dippy!

Thanks again Jami!

Jamal -

My DS (13) now is also young for his age. I'm just thrilled that he still loves Disney and doesn't think its too uncool to go with his mom and grandma. Next trip will hopefully (fingers crossed) mid October :wizard:

I sure wish I could make the meet though. PLEASE write a trip reort and take many pixs ((need a begging smilie)).

jamal said:
I have a little over a month to decide about another trip report. Until then, The Fixer is D-O-N-E.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your entire TR in the last two days complete! Love that, no waits ;) I felt as if I were there with your family and your wonderful friends. I can not wait to hear about this upcomming trip in October from all of you. It's going to be a blast to read all the different descriptions. You all are going to have a rocking good time, I'll bet. :teeth:

Thanks again for taking us all back there with you! :love:

Thanks so much for the awesome trip report. I enjoyed learning about all of the little details that made your family's trip so special. I was especially happy to see that my main man (uh, dog, cow...) Goofy is now a member of your family and keeping watch over you all. It is a great piece and enjoy it. Besides - how can anyone look at Goofy and not smile... I know I can't... :rolleyes1

Thanks again for sharing all of your memories. Reading your report put me right back at the Happiest Place on Earth...

No pressure here, can I place my vote for you to write another trip report after your next trip.... You online community will be hear waiting to cheer you on... :cheer2:

Thanks again and here's hoping you have a great time at the World next month.

Goofyfan-12

JamiJam ~
What a wonderful surprise for A! Sometimes you just have to splurge on stuff. And, since it is an unusual splurge, it will be something he will ALWAYS remember! And I love that he is out where everyone can enjoy him!

I love you dearly my friend. And feel like I know you and your family. What a wonderful attitude you have towards life, and family, and relationships. You are blessed. And you bless us with your presence.

I can't wait to meet you in person. Laughs, hugs, screams, jumping up and down and all!!!

Amy

I was thinking about you and your family as I drove through my little town on the prairie today. You know, the way you mull over a good book or movie. Except for this is better because it is true. And I had to share with you (even though I know you know this)....
1. What an incredible blessing to have multiple families that you like to vacation with! It is so rare to have a true "family" friend- where two whole families like each other and like being together and become the extended family you choose for yourself. How wonderful.
2. I was thinking about what you said about adoption. It brought tears to my eyes. My oldest is my husband's son. He is mine by love and legal adoption. So I know what you mean.... it is so fun to have kids that have nothing to do with you genetically.... all kids are special but raising these kids is like Christmas all the time because you never know what talents, interests and gifts you are going to find. And you can tell everyone that they are smart and handsome without bragging!

again, thanks for sharing!

Jami, Jami, Jami...

I feel like I want to invite you over to sit by the pool and sip lemonade. And that when you got here, we'd hug and squeal like we were long lost friends who haven't seen each other in decades. And then we'd sit and chat and laugh for hours.

You are a kindred spirit in so many ways. And I have LOVED living your Disney trip (which was the same time as mine) through this report. I can just hear you and your sweet boys having the times of your lives.

Jamal said:
Suffice it to say we absolutely love each other and are at our closest when we are on Walt’s 47 square miles.

I SOOOO understand this. It's why it's our family's happy place. It's why we'd rather do a Disney trip than anything else.

Great, great report, Jami.

I'm sad to see it end.

NM :sunny:

Jam! Bravo, Bellisima! The Goofy epilogue was a wonderful tale, and so indicative of your heart. It is bigger than the box Goofy came home in. I cannot wait to sip lemondrops with you, woman. Seriously, and we loved the Contemporary, even if we didn't have the tower room you did. I hope you bring along some of that pixie .....for this trip, in just a few short weeks....

Love me,

Your biggest fan and pal.... :love:

Thanks for a wonderful trip report. It felt like we were really there with you and your family. We will be going back in October for the F&W also. Thanks for the great pictures, they add so much to the stories. :)

Jami! THAT was bee-uti-ful! I hadnt read this in a while so I had some catching up to do!

Thank you for bringing us so much JOY!!!

There's a saying, "Un-shared joy is like an un-lit candle"~~
~ Thanks for sharing!!!!!! ~

You are obviously an incredibly blessed woman!

TwinkieMama said:
I was thinking about you and your family as I drove through my little town on the prairie today. You know, the way you mull over a good book or movie. Except for this is better because it is true. And I had to share with you (even though I know you know this)....
Sorry that this is a little :offtopic: but I am glad I am not the only one that does this! :0)

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading this TR. I have just recently discovered the DIS boards and yours is the one report I have read start to finish. I couldn't tear myself away from the computer last night because I had to finish it. Your family is absolutely wonderful and it is so nice to hear others appreciate all that is good in their life. I can't wait to read future reports from you. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful and magical vacation with us. :thumbsup2

Oh my!!!!

First of all, everyone who goes to Disney should do a trip report. Besides being an excellent way to relive the magic (for yourself and your traveling companions) it serves as a lovely ego boost!

You people are too kind. I am just grateful you hung in there with me so long.

Sher--You crazy Nutwing. I can hug harder than you. We'll seee..

Grammy--You make me laugh all day every day and cry when I miss you...

Marita--You lucky Viking. I'll see you in a month!!

Joanna--I need to ask you a personal question. Who's the hottie in your avatar? Methinks it's a celebrity, but since you appear to own him, may I visit you? Thank you for your kind words and for reading the WHOLE THING!! Egads.

Rockin Java Mom--Dancin naners??? I got Dancin naners for my TR!!! Now THAT'S a wooo hooooty!!!!!!! Thanks, Tech advisor.

EAD--I always love to see your posts because I get to see a beautiful Disney bride!! I am pea green with envy that you were married in The World. we honeymooned there but, alas, it was decades ago and the pics are yellow, frayed, and sobering.

Susan, my sweet Ash--I adore you, my friend. Your posts ALWAYS make me smile. What did I do to deserve your kind words? Who knew I'd ever look forward to plundering...but I am!!!!!!!!!!!

Beana--You are such a faithful reader and poster. Thank you for replying and encouraging me. I am very blessed and I hope I always remember to count my blessings.

Frickles!!--You sweet friend. I can't wait to meet your beautiful family. You are a scream :rotfl:

Firkat--I think of you every time I look at the Goofy pic!! Do you think I posted enough pics??????

Katy Belle--I am sooo glad you came back! I missed you and wondered if you had fallen off the alleged flat end of the earth.

MELLY!!!!!!!!--Shamed you? Shamed YOU????? How does that happen? I am confuzzled. You're the reason, well, the reason I know you know we all know that Maelstrom .....is a Fastpass???? You're why we ARE the friends. Nobody has anybody here without Y-O-U.

KIMMIE!!!--Thank you for affirming the Big Ole Goofy in the dining room. What does that say about my family?? Hmmm... He needs a chef's hat, though. Can't wait to hug the Meanest Mother in the world...my competition!!!!

LaLaLaLaLa--Bricks on their head and pulling out the toddler DUPLOS have not worked, so I guess stories and pictures and hugs and, most of all, time at Disney together will have to do the trick of savoring every moment. You are the author of all things yellow and :artist: I appreciate you reading our tale.

Cajunfan--NO WAY!! You've done the sombrero Feliz Birthday too? Cool baby. Thank you for reading!!

YAK--I can't wait to meet you and your friend!!! Goofy on the table??? B-E-A-utiful! 28 days--I think. Not good at math... ;)

Minnie!!--You TR writer you...Thanks fgor reading mine and I am INTO yours and HAVE NOT told you. Slap me. I love that your boy is a young 13. There is hope for A staying young and I will appreciate every second. Some of his friends are getting BIG and STRANGE-looking.

Talula--Good grief, woman, were you ill? The whole mess in two days? I didn't even ask my mother to do that!! Thank you so much for coming along to the (wanna go back!!) Poly!

Goofyfan--NO WAY! Goofyfan likes our Goofy!! :yay: YOU may be the only one who can convince me to do another TR. The more I think about it, the more enticing it sounds......manymany thanks.

AMY Kitty--My sweet REAL friend. Thank you for fitting me into your already rich and full life. I am not rich, but I am often full:)!! I absolutely adore you and am so thankful to call you friend. See you at the pillaging :dance3: !!!

Twinkiemama---Oh boy. Another famous TR wriiter stumbled over here. You are a scream, but about that avatar...too enticing!!! Thanks for following or catching up. Whichever you did:) Friendship and adoption are two of the greatest gifts in the world. Thank you for sharing YOUR story with me. I feel all connected to you now.

NicoleMarie--OMG we would SOOOOO have the best time hanging out together!! You iknow we started our TRs at the same time and were THERE at the same time so that pretty much makes us family, right?? Love you!!

Horseybabygirlfriend--Thanks dear. I'll bring any leftover pixie dust but I have a feeling we will find our own. I can't wait...

Ron--Hey!!! Michigan!! We went there this summer!! That last picture of us was on Sleeping Bear Dunes...just before I needed oxygen. Nice state you have there, but I bet you'd rather be at Disney in the winter. ME TOO! See you at Epcot??

UtahMama---Joy Joy Joy!! That's what it's all about!! You are a scream and I can't wait to read ALLL about your trip!! Have a Magical Day!

Megandbrandon--The Ultimate Compliment. Props from a newbie. Have we scared you off yet??? Thank you sooo very much for taking time to read AND post. Here's some pixie dust for ya pixiedust:

PM me anytime you have questions about anything we did on the trip!! I love reading your words here or there!!

Thank you so much for the TR. I read it from beginning to end in ONE afternoon - I just couldn't stop. Thank you for sharing your family (and your time) with us.

jamal said:
Joanna--I need to ask you a personal question. Who's the hottie in your avatar? Methinks it's a celebrity, but since you appear to own him, may I visit you? Thank you for your kind words and for reading the WHOLE THING!! Egads.

It's a picture of Peter from Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. I just happen to love the movie a LOT, and I love him as well (sigh). :love: And yes you may visit. :teeth: I sincerely hope you do, though.

THAT's how I recognize him. I just noticed where you live, too, Joanna. Do you have a houseful of inlaws and outlaws 24/7?????

dsnyfamily, thank you for reading our family's story! I'm glad to see ya here!

Jami

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter