The Epic continues.....The Party's Over (***COMPLETED 3/19***)

Sunday, January 21st

Departure day. Bittersweet to be sure. My mom had been sick again and was hoping to make it home to Charlotte without further incident. I took her up to catch her ME bus, stopping at the Artist’s Palette one last time. We still had a counter service credit left and the CM said since it was breakfast I could get a juice, drink, and pastry. So I grabbed a chocolate croissant, apple juice, and a water and headed back to help pack up. We still had two adult and two child table service credits left. When we realized that we would have them left the previous day at the MK, I called to see if we could get into Boma for breakfast. They had a 10:20 ADR available, so we took it. It was really a nice way to end the trip. The food was excellent and I am really coming to love the AKL. It is just so out of the ordinary! We fell in love with the pressed pot coffee, and have since bought a press pot to use at home. Yummy!

We still had one more errand to run. Anabelle had decided the day before that she did indeed want the Baby Marie. They didn’t have it at the Poly, SSR, or AKL gift shops so we headed over to Downtown Disney. I was secretly glad, I really wanted to get a picture frame for us and one for my mom to commemorate the trip.

Rebecca saying goodbye to Aurora:
P1210186.jpg

With her Lego dog friends:
P1210187.jpg

Andrew trying to get Anabelle to admire his tower:
P1210197.jpg

World of Disney was full of happy shoppers. Once our choices were made, I sent the kids with John to the LEGO store while I waited to pay. The people in front of me were buying 18 of the same snowglobe. Fortunately one of the CM’s asked them if they were planning taking them as carry on luggage and they said that they were. Well, apparently snow globes are on the prohibited list and would have been confiscated! The people decided to have them shipped since their luggage was already packed. They were very thankful the CM thought to ask them. That would have been terrible for them, it was like $300 worth of snow globes! I made my much smaller purchase and met up with John and the kids. We made one last potty visit and hit the road. The Western Beltway was just as empty. We actually saw vultures hanging out on the road!

The trip home was fairly uneventful. I had just called my mom to tell her we were pulling into our neighborhood when I heard the final “cry” of the trip. Yes, Andrew decided that his McDonalds cheeseburger was not going to stay in his tummy. Thankfully, we were literally only a minute from home so we just hauled him right into the tub and my first job home was to clean his car seat. Nice way to end. Not. The girls got into some big silly argument and there was yelling from everyone but Andrew. I’m not proud, it was not the best way to end the week. We were all feeling the effects of a long week and that dreaded post vacation letdown. I think we were all thankful to collapse in our own beds.

Overall, we had a wonderful trip. Several bumps, of course, but all in all a great vacation. If you ask Andrew about the trip, the first thing he still says is “I frow up at Dizzy Worl”. Rebecca has finally stopped saying “I wish we were in Disney World right now” five times a day. I hoping for our next trip in the fall of 2008. John’s new job has one of the worst vacation policies I’ve ever seen. He used up all five days of vacation he gets this year on our trip. He only gets five days next year as well, but in September 2008 he’ll get ten days. Very frustrating since he was up to 20 days at his old job, but what can you do? We’ll deal with it, as if we had another reasonable choice!

Thanks to all who stuck with me through all the ups and downs of this trip report. I really enjoyed reliving our trip through the writing of it. But, I have to admit I am looking forward to just going back to reading and commenting on everyone else's! Hope to see you real soon!

~Ellen

Thanks for sharing your memory filled trip with us! I really enjoyed this trip report! Your kids are just cute as buttons! And I love the humor you throw into your writing! THANKS ELLESTER! What an awesome report...I am sad to see it over!!

PS WOW, they sure did buy a LOAD of snow globes! ;)

Oh man, what a way to end the trip! Poor Andrew and Grandma! :guilty:

I'm so sorry it's over! I've really enjoyed reading your TR! Even with all the hiccups, it sounded like a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing!!

:scared1: 18 of the same snow globe???? Can anyone say Ebay???

Great TR... I'm sad that it's over!!

-nat

Thanks for a great TR glad Andrew nearly made it all the way home and hope he doesn't think he'll "frow up" every time he goes to WDW.

Oh I am so sad to see it end. I am so glad you took the time to write and share your adventure with us! I loved seeing all your pictures, your kiddos are beautiful!

2008 is next up for us too, can't come soon enough! And yes that is too bad about your DH's vacation policy. 5 days? Wow, that is not very much is it.

Allyson

I'm a little sad that its all over, I found you too late (but better late than never, right?). I loved it, hope I get to read about another trip from you guys!! :thumbsup2

Sorry to be chiming in so late but I was away for a while and still playing catch up. Just wanted to say Thank you. Thank you for sharing your family and your trip with us. I really enjoyed it.

Ellester said:
The teacher became a bit flustered:
P1200180.jpg

:

An all-too-familiar scene. :lmao:

Ellester said:
Rebecca saying goodbye to Aurora:
P1210186.jpg

:( Sad but very sweet.

Ellen you did a terrific job on your TR. Gorgeous children. :goodvibes I know you have quite a wait before your next trip and that can be tough (I want to go back now :() but I hope you'll enjoy the planning and start a pre-trip many months in advance. ;)

Also, just to add, I know I commented on them before but I wanted to say those photos way back of your children opening the wonderful boxes on Christmas morning are the best run-up-to-Disney pics I've ever seen in a TR. Precious keepsakes to treasure. :)

I've been out of the loop for a little while but just wanted to stop in and say thanks for writing an awesome TR. As I mentioned before, yours was the first one I started reading. I truly enjoyed getting to "meet" your family and experience DW with them. It makes me even more excited to bring my family in Feb!:wave2:

Thank you so much everyone! It was a pleasure to write my report, it really helped keep the magic alive. Although I have to admit it is nice to just go back to normal DIS'ing without having to worry about getting my next installment up! It was fun while it lasted though! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter