The Epic continues.....The Party's Over (***COMPLETED 3/19***)

Oh, how awful! Poor little Andrew... he does look like a little trooper, though! :sick: Nothing worse than being sick on vacation.
I hope things get better, real soon!:wizard:

What great pictures; old and new alike. Your kids are absolutely adorable. I was so sorry to read about Andrew getting sick, and hope he recovered quickly. There is nothing worse than being sick on vacation; especially when it is a little one to boot.

Looking forward to reading more. :)

Thanks, everyone! I have to say that it was no fun at all watching you kid be so sick, especially on vacation. The only consolation was that since he is so little, he really didn't know what he was missing. He was quite the little trooper, thank goodness we had those Wiggles DVD's! If he won't watch those, I know he's in bad shape! ;) I was so thankful we were in the villa with a washer and dryer and kitchen right there. That made it so much easier! I can't imagine trying to get to the laundromat with all the yucky clothes we had!

Wednesday, January 17th continues...

The rest of the gang called at about 6pm and said they were on the bus home. They decided to skip the ADR’s we had that evening at the SciFi Diner. I watched them walk from the bus stop and filled them in on my exciting afternoon. They had fun, even without me! They saw Lights, Motors, Action, the Indy show, rode Star Tours and the Great Movie Ride, ate some popcorn, played on the “I Shrunk the Kids” playground and rode Tower of Terror three more times before they headed back. When they arrived back at the villa, the girls had an envelope awaiting them.

This was inside:
P2120005.jpg

A Pirate Cruise! We had kept this a surprise and the girls were very excited. Anabelle is pirate crazy right now, so this was right up her alley. We were especially thankful that Andrew was too little since it didn’t look like he’d be up for a cruise anytime soon!

John offered to stay with Andrew for a bit so the womenfolk all walked up to Artist’s Palette for some dinner. If you ever eat at AP, make sure you try their homemade potato chips. They were awesome! I have since read that potato chips were, in fact, invented in Saratoga Springs, NY so now it makes sense why they make them at AP! The rest of the food is also pretty good and they have a nice selection of desserts if you are on the dining plan. As a bonus, they did not yet have their supply of sugar free gel-type dessert in stock yet, so the kids also got to pick a real dessert. They were partial to the chocolate cake. It was pretty tasty, it certainly beat the sfgtd. Sadly, their supply of sfgtd did arrive on our last day there. The CM and I had quite a conversation about it on that day. But, I digress….

My mom, the girls and I ate dinner there and then got a flatbread to go to bring back for John. Another cute thing about AP is that they have little easels set up around with paper and crayons so kids (or grownups) can draw while they are waiting for their food (or their parents to finish eating, I suppose). Anabelle drew a Sorcerer Mickey, although she spelled Mickey wrong. I quickly began singing the theme to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and she corrected her error. We brought John his dinner and got the kids to bed. Andrew was not interested in eating, but he did seem to be past the “active” part of his illness. We decided to see how he was in the morning and make plans from there. The girls had the cruise and we had planned to take Andrew to 1900 Park Faire for breakfast while they were asea. But, we could easily just have someone stay with Andrew at the villa if he was not any better. I slept with Andrew on the hideabed just to be sure he’d be OK all night. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. It wasn’t like a regular hideabed, there was no bar in the middle of my back. Andrew, however, does not stay still while he sleeps so I was in a constant state of motion most of the night to find a place to lay where he was not. But, at least he didn't utter "the cry" at all.

No park pictures for this installment, since I am the photog. I couldn't tell you the last time John took a picture (and he has a REALLY nice camera too!). My mom is sending me her pictures, so I may be able to post some once I get them and scan them.

Will tomorrow go as planned? Hmmmm.........

Hi Ellester - I'm pretty new to the Dis and this was the first trip report I've read. I started this morning and you have me hooked! I have 5 1/2 year old dd and a 2 year old ds and we are planning a trip next Feb (not our first). I have to say that getting sick at DW has always been a fear of mine but not as much as having one of my little ones ill. I felt so bad for poor lil' Andrew and for you too. It's such a helpless feeling when your babies are sick! :sad1: I hope all is better by the next part of your trippie. :goodvibes Your family seems so lovely!

OOh!!! I love the note about the Pirate Cruise...did you ask for that or do they do that for everyone? I'm going to book one for our son in September and that would be so cool to get!!

Hi Ellester - I'm pretty new to the Dis and this was the first trip report I've read. I started this morning and you have me hooked! I have 5 1/2 year old dd and a 2 year old ds and we are planning a trip next Feb (not our first). I have to say that getting sick at DW has always been a fear of mine but not as much as having one of my little ones ill. I felt so bad for poor lil' Andrew and for you too. It's such a helpless feeling when your babies are sick! :sad1: I hope all is better by the next part of your trippie. :goodvibes Your family seems so lovely!

Welcome to the Dis, Melanie! We are a pretty fun bunch, if I don't say so myself! I'm honored that your first trip report was mine! Believe me, there are so many awesome writers on this board (way better than me!). I'll warn you that it is very easy to get hooked!

Illness at the World has always been a fear of mine as well. At least now, I've faced that fear and come out not too bad! There are plenty more ups and downs to come....

OOh!!! I love the note about the Pirate Cruise...did you ask for that or do they do that for everyone? I'm going to book one for our son in September and that would be so cool to get!!

I made it myself, we had the scroll computer paper laying around from something else. I just did it in Word and played around until I found a "piratey" font. It was a last minute thing, but it was a fun touch!

Well, I'm off for some family time tonight. I hope to get more posted in the next few days. :hippie:

Wonderful report -- I love seeing all of the older pictures in the pre-trip report too!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Oh my! One of my biggest fears is sickness on a vacation. Esp one that you have planned and wished for for a very long time. Yikes! I do hope he is feeling better the next day! The breakfast at 1900 was one of our faves and I would hate to read that he missed out. :sick:

Can't wait for more!

Allyson

Poor little Andrew! I hope that he started to feel better. Can't wait to hear how the Pirate cruise went.

I made it myself, we had the scroll computer paper laying around from something else. I just did it in Word and played around until I found a "piratey" font. It was a last minute thing, but it was a fun touch!

Well, I'm off for some family time tonight. I hope to get more posted in the next few days. :hippie:

Wow - that came out great...you're very talented...

popcorn:: And I'm getting full from all the popcorn while I wait....

I've been lurking for a while, and just wanted to say that I am loving your trip report. I can't wait for more!

Thanks for being so patient everyone! We've had a crazy few weeks, nothing major just day to day life with three kids! I have some more written, hopefully I'll get an installment or two up in the next little while! :)

Thursday, January 18th

Another morning and a new day! Thankfully, Andrew was feeling MUCH better and everyone else seemed to be fine as well. We decided that everyone would head over to the Grand Floridian to send the girls off on their cruise and then we’d see if Andrew was up to breakfast. The morning had started off drizzly and chilly, but the weather channel was still saying it was going to clear up and be in the upper 70’s. But, it was very chilly and damp at the bus stop. We were doing well on time this morning, the girls didn’t have to be to the marina until 9:15. An Epcot bus came first, so we decided to head there and take the monorail over to the Ticket and Transportation Center and get the monorail to the GF from there. We enjoyed the long monorail ride, changed trains and my mom asked if the front was available from the TTC to the GF. It was, so she and the kids rode up front. My mom said that the driver was new, he was on his second week on the job and was the least friendly person she had met yet on this trip. Maybe it wasn’t the career he hoped for (he was an older gentleman), who knows. But the kids enjoyed it even if they didn’t get a happy driver!

It had not warmed up at all and was still quite wet. We were worried that the cruise would be moved to the “alternate indoor location” at the GF which would seem to take all the fun out of a pirate cruise, if you ask me. We set the girls up for the possibility, and they seemed OK with it. But, apparently they set sail unless it is really storming. While waiting to check in at the marina, Rebecca informed me that she was freezing. She had worn a t-shirt and a skort and, of course, forgot her jacket. She is my hot natured child, so when she complains she is cold I know she means it. I couldn’t see sending her out in the windy wet, so I ran to the gift shop in the GF to see what I could scrounge up. Not much of a winter weather selection for kids, but I did find a very cute YOMD zippered sweatshirt. It cost more than the cruise ($38 plus tax!), but I was kind of stuck so I bought it. At least is it unisex so Andrew can wear it after she out grows it. So, I got Rebecca bundled up and the girls got their pirate ears and life jackets.

Rebecca in character (and in her new jacket) and Andrew a bit put out over it all:
P1180183.jpg

Anabelle was way into it:
P1180179.jpg

Andrew was a little upset he didn’t get a life jacket, but overall he did pretty well with being left out. Anabelle was in a snit because I told her she had to be her sister’s buddy. I finally had to tell her that she was getting off the boat unless I saw a smile on her face. She dutifully complied, and the group set sail.

Anabelle's got her pout on:
P1180191.jpg

We hurriedly went back inside to warm up. We were a little late for our breakfast ADR’s, but it only took a few minutes to seat us. We set Andrew up with a few bland yummies (waffles and scrambled eggs, I think) and dug in. I can see why 1900 PF is scheduled for renovation this summer, it is looking a bit worn. But, the food was very good. I loved the strawberry soup and had a very yummy made to order omelet. I also like that fresh pineapple is available at just about every buffet, it is my favorite fruit by far! I did see a little boy drop the tongs for the bacon on the floor and then put them back in the pan. Ewww! I told the CM bringing out food and she made a similar “ewww!” face and went to get a clean pair. At least he didn’t put the bacon back too!

We saw the Mad Hatter and Alice first. Andrew seemed to like the Mad Hatter, but would not have a thing to do with Alice. I finally made John take a picture with her so we at least had one. It is just about the only picture from the entire trip that he is smiling in! I guess I didn’t realize he was so fond of Alice!

Andrew hiding under his hat:
P1180194.jpg

John not even kind of hiding:
P1180195.jpg

Pooh entered the room next and Andrew just about had a fit! “Over here Pooh! Here I am Pooh! Pooh! Pooh! Pooh!” You get the idea. We made him sit back down, since he was literally jumping on his chair. He was most definitely feeling better! Pooh finally made it to our corner and Andrew was ecstatic. Big, big hugs.

Andrew loves Pooh:
P1180197.jpg

Tigger was close behind and Andrew was just as thrilled with him. I told Tigger not to worry, Andrew wouldn’t sucker punch him and Tigger gave me a big thumbs up!

Tigger too:
P1180203.jpg

We relaxed over our meal, since the girls wouldn’t be back until 11:30. It was a very pleasant time. We were all so relieved that Andrew was feeling so much better. All the characters stopped by again, Andrew still wanted nothing to do from Alice. We headed out, stopping to see Mary Poppins in the lobby on our way out. She was not there, she had also been “at tea” when we arrived so the hostess told us we could come back in 10 minutes or so to see her. We relaxed in the lobby for a while and then headed back to see Mary. Again, Andrew wanted absolutely nothing to do with her! I don’t know what his deal was that morning. Mary tried to coax him out of his shell, as we were the only ones in the lobby right then. But, her wiles had no effect and Andrew stayed firmly attached to me.

Andrew ignoring Mary:
P1180209.jpg

Mommy had to join the picture:
P1180211.jpg

We still had a few minutes until our pirates returned, so we just sat in the lobby and relaxed. Andrew had fun just wandering around.

Andrew playing hide and seek and a very complementary picture of John (not that I'm bothered by his affection for Alice or anything...;) ):
P1180212.jpg

I headed over to the concierge desk to see if we could get an ADR for SciFi the next day. Friday was our “kids’ choice” day. I told the girls we could go to whatever park they wanted. They chose MGM since I had to abandon them the day before and they wanted to ride ToT again. They knew we were planning on returning to Epcot after their cruise and were spending our last full day at MK, so MGM was a good choice. Dinner was all full at SciFi, but we got a late lunch ADR. The concierge was very friendly and helpful, even though we weren’t guests at the GF.

We headed back out to the marina, where it was still overcast and chilly. We decided we were going to have to return to the villa to change into warmer clothes. I was not about to drop who knows how much to outfit the rest of us at the GF gift shop! Soon the pirate pontoon came into view and our very happy girls jumped off with their bag of pirate booty.

Here come the buccaneers:
P1180221.jpg

Anabelle managed to have a good time, even with her sister/buddy. The booty was nothing spectacular, but they really liked the little treasure chest and particularly the gooey eyeball. Anabelle had even brought Andrew a bag of Goldfish that one little boy didn’t want with his lunch. I thought that was very sweet!

We were very thankful that Andrew appeared to have finally kicked the yuck and hopeful the rest of the day would go well.

Great post! Glad Andrew was feeling better. I love how excited he got when he saw Pooh and Tigger, I felt like I was there listening in and feeling his excitement. Glad the girls enjoyed the pirate cruise too. Can't wait to read more.

Love it so far! What part of South Florida did you live in? I just moved to West Palm Beach. Similar 21/2 - 3hr ride to disney! (although this is only my second time there since moving, and the first one was a last minute trip for about a day so doesnt count haha)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter