the edge

linetbo

DIS Veteran
Hi, when can you booked your tween on the edge club activities, is before the cruise or you have to do it on the first day.

There is no online registration for the Edge. Just go to the Edge on the first day - the counselors will have a list of all eligible tweens.

We were just on the Disney Dream this past weekend. My 12 year old son went to the Edge. My daughters, ages 6 and 9, could pre-sign up online to be in the Kids Club, but with the Edge, online signups are not allowed. However, at the cruise terminal, when I went to get the wristbands for my girls, the Cruise Staff said they could sign up my son then for the Edge, which we did. So he got an armband at the port, at the same time my girls got theirs. The armbands were identical. You have to fill out a form stating basic info on the child, that you agree to pay if the wristband is lost, that kind of thing. It was easy, and then it was all taken care of before we even stepped on board.

akeogh said:
We were just on the Disney Dream this past weekend. My 12 year old son went to the Edge. My daughters, ages 6 and 9, could pre-sign up online to be in the Kids Club, but with the Edge, online signups are not allowed. However, at the cruise terminal, when I went to get the wristbands for my girls, the Cruise Staff said they could sign up my son then for the Edge, which we did. So he got an armband at the port, at the same time my girls got theirs. The armbands were identical. You have to fill out a form stating basic info on the child, that you agree to pay if the wristband is lost, that kind of thing. It was easy, and then it was all taken care of before we even stepped on board.

I thought the Edge didn't have bands. DD never has had one?!?

Does anyone know if a 10 year old can go to Edge if requested? My 10 and 13 yr old boys will likely want to stay together...

I just saw that they had a paper band lately for the Edge. Hope they aren't the electronic things! What a pain to have to keep track of those things again!

I thought the Edge didn't have bands. DD never has had one?!?

We were on the Magic last week - they had a green wristband - like a paper thing - they could get a new one everyday or whenever they needed it. They said it told them that they were allowed in the Edge. The ship was full so maybe this made it easier for them to know who belonged in there and who didn't.

The Fantasy and Dream have a different KTTW card for kids in the Edge. Wonder if that is enough for those ships. Haven't seen anyone post for them yet.

The Fantasy and Dream have a different KTTW card for kids in the Edge. Wonder if that is enough for those ships. Haven't seen anyone post for them yet.

Unless they've changed it in the last couple of months, it's only the teens in the Vibe who have different KTTW cards, the big sell there being that even their parents can't just walk in. The Edge kids didn't have anything when we cruised in October.

Unless they've changed it in the last couple of months, it's only the teens in the Vibe who have different KTTW cards, the big sell there being that even their parents can't just walk in. The Edge kids didn't have anything when we cruised in October.

On the Fantasy's MV a friend who signed her DD10 up for the Edge had to get her DD a new KTTW card because the kids who are in the Edge have something in their card that activates the elevator that goes to the Edge. If you don't have a card with that, the elevator door will not open since it goes right into the Edge. I guess it doesn't look any different, but they could easily put a scanner at the stair entrance to see if everyone was suppose to be there before they went inside.

Does anyone know if a 10 year old can go to Edge if requested? My 10 and 13 yr old boys will likely want to stay together...

The Edge is intended for kids ages 11-14, with 11-12 overlapping age range for the Club/Lab and 14 an overlap age for Vibe. That said, there are reports of a 10-year-old allowed at the Edge, and others who report their child that age was not allowed to move up. However, you will not know until you have boarded the ship as it may depend on the demographics of your particular cruise - how many kids of each age are onboard. There are plenty of family activities outside of the clubs when your boys can be together.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and my two Tweens had the same KTTW cards but they had a sticker on the bottom. My girls said the sticker had a scanner on it that would allow them on the Edge elevator.

They must have changed how they code the KTTW cards for the Edge on the Fantasy then. Just checked DD & DS's cards and there are no stickers.

Minnie321 said:
We were on the Magic last week - they had a green wristband - like a paper thing - they could get a new one everyday or whenever they needed it. They said it told them that they were allowed in the Edge. The ship was full so maybe this made it easier for them to know who belonged in there and who didn't.

We got off the Wonder in Januaty and our DS had yhe same green wristband....our ship was empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts