The DVC Contemporary Wish Club?

Really, I think it would be nice to offer a choice to people when selling. I don't understand this theory about AKV having to sell out first. CRV is gonna go fast anyway. They'll still have AKV left to sell. It is not like it is going anywhere...

Really, I think it would be nice to offer a choice to people when selling. I don't understand this theory about AKV having to sell out first. CRV is gonna go fast anyway. They'll still have AKV left to sell. It is not like it is going anywhere...

I know what you mean. That's how I feel, too, but probably 'cause I'm so anxious to be first in line to buy at CRV...NOW!! I used to work for a timeshare real estate developer and he did the same thing - waited for one property to sell out (or be almost all the way there) before starting the next. I guess it probably is somehow the better strategy. :confused3

Restriction builds excitement. Excitement equals sales. It also gives them more opportunity to increase the price to some artificial number so they can offer a limited time discount which, of course, builds more excitement. :woohoo:

So we are at the VWL right now, and we went the to MK today. To get back, we decided to take the monorail to the CR and then the boat back to the VWL. There is NOTHING where the north wing used to be. It looks like a vacant lot. Also, we talked to the captain of our boat and asked him about it. He said it is going to be a 14-story horseshoe-shaped building with a walkway connected to the 4th floor of the main tower so we can have easy access to the monorail. Also, we asked our DVC person about it, and let's just say we ALMOST caught him on it, but he said no comment. It looks really promising, especially since the way the captain described it is exactly like the pics show. He said it'd be done by 2009.

MY DH, too, said no more points. Now we are figuring out how to save for this. WE're onboard for the CRV wish club!!!:cool1: :banana:

I mentioned this before. Well I saw an additional hallway when we were at SSR preview center for AKV. They must have changed the door that leads to it since we were there. It had a window in the door. I just opened it up and there was another hallway with a few more rooms but these doors were pure Black with a metal silver half moon shape that went from the top right down to the bottom right of the door. So it will happen very soon.

Please cam we join the club too

There is NOTHING where the north wing used to be. It looks like a vacant lot.

We were just there last weekend (trip report on my website) and there was still some rubble and like a wall and a half still standing that was maybe 1-2 stories tall, just a narrow width section of it. We were on the monorail and I wanted to take a pic of it but the two times we past it I didn't think about the camera until it was too late.

BUILD IT!!!!:banana:

This is great! All of your posts make it sound really promising!!! Thanks for keeping the magic alive :goodvibes I want a DVC monorail resort so bad!!!!!! Never knew how much I would appreciate the monorail to the MK until DD was born!

I mentioned this before. Well I saw an additional hallway when we were at SSR preview center for AKV. They must have changed the door that leads to it since we were there. It had a window in the door. I just opened it up and there was another hallway with a few more rooms but these doors were pure Black with a metal silver half moon shape that went from the top right down to the bottom right of the door. So it will happen very soon.

someone needs to get & post this pic;)

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but on WDW Radio Show's podcast for this week Lou Mongello talks about AKV and the rumors of CRV. On the website is says ******** Crawford offers some insider info. Has anyone listened yet?

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but on WDW Radio Show's podcast for this week Lou Mongello talks about AKV and the rumors of CRV. On the website is says ******** Crawford offers some insider info. Has anyone listened yet?

I listened to it today. She states that she heard from a pretty reliable source that there will not be any DVC coming to the contemporary. Don't know what source she speaks of, but I tend to believe her since she resells DVC. She went on to say the next DVC will not be in Orlando.

Maybe she's right. Who knows. It is possible that the C-shaped building we've seen is an extension of the resort and not necessarily targeted for DVC sales.

Yep, just listened to it. I felt totally bummed when I heard her, but I'm still gonna hold out hope. I think DVC wants to push AKV, next will be DL and then they'll announce CRV. If you go back and look at the permit it states DVC and Disney Vacation Club specifically several times and it wasn't that long ago it was filed. I think they're just trying to quiet the rumors. I still believe. :wizard:

If my livelyhood was selling CURRENT DVC I'm not so sure I wouldn't be willing to squelch rumors of an impending resort that a lot of people would want, and hold off purchasing DVC for. I'm not questioning her integrity, but why would she give credence to this rumor? Why would anyone even ask her?

What type of doors does GC have. I can't imagine it having black doors with silver tirm but.. I know what I saw and I know there is a new DVC coming soon. Unless they are getting a HUGE head start on a preview for the next upcoming DVC. My reliable source is MY EYES. I obviously don't know when its coming but I know its coming.

it took them forever to get the model rooms done for the AKV and now you are saying they already have another DVC model rooms done.....

maybe the one in Calif. that rumor is still around.

I hope the CRV is a DVC resort - but as mentioned it might be a MK suites. but I also really, really want a CRV..... one day.....:yay:

I went back and looked at the permit again that was filed in November 2006. It definitely mentions DVC and Disney Vacation Club several times.

The doors could be Disney's version of the concept car - hot, futuristic designs that no one will ever get to use.

I'm already waiting for CRV, but I can see that the commotion in Anaheim could force Disney to change some priorities and perhaps focus on DVC out there first. And people have been clamoring for a DL DVC place as well.

And just because the permits said DVC before, doesn't mean it can't be repurposed. Plans change.

I'm not sure how well a DL DVC resort would work - they would probably need to provide a third park as well, just to get the length of stays up. What's the average stay right now at DL vs. WDW?

facebook twitter