The Disneyland Hotel FAQ & Information Thread

I’m wondering if anyone here has experience with families of 5 at DLH. If I were to book a family room with the sofa bed and two doubles for my family of 4, would I be able to add on my older son to the reservation if he’s able to come with us at the last minute? I’m wondering because although in the room description it says the room sleeps 5, I’m not able to pull the same room up when I do a search for a room that will fit all 5 of us.

Does anyone know why no availability shows up for this hotel even for dates a year out? I've tried different months and everything, because my dates are flexible, but I want this hotel.

Does anyone know why no availability shows up for this hotel even for dates a year out? I've tried different months and everything, because my dates are flexible, but I want this hotel.
It's closed due to Covid and they haven't released a reopening date. They just stopped everything, even though it is likely that the hotel will reopen at some point.
Other contributor could be the upcoming refurbishment. This hotel is the last one to get refurbished before the 30th year anniversary. Maybe they haven't fixed the dates for this yet.

Are there any hints or educated guesses when the Disneyland Hotel might re-open?

Not until sometime next year at earliest. Not sure how long they plan on having it closed. I know Art of Marvel/HNY went past planned opening. Opening of DLH hasn't been mentioned

Plus building materials were/are hard to source so can easily be behind schedule

Are there any hints or educated guesses when the Disneyland Hotel might re-open?
It's not a very good clue, and I am not even sure if it is a clue. But... Disney's group travel agency has created a 'Disney around the world'-trip. A $100k trip visiting all 6 Disney parks in the world in July/August 2023. For Disneyland Paris in late July 2023 the plan is to stay at the Marvel hotel. as this is such an over the top trip, it is strange they do not stay at the Disneyland Hotel.

This could have more reasons: 1. This trip has several special events, like visiting the Skywalker Ranch for a Star Wars vibe, maybe they want a Marvel vibe as well. or 2. the Disneyland Hotel in Paris will after the refurb won't be that special. The theme and restaurants at the Marvel hotel will be more interesting. OR! 3: They worry that the Disneyland Hotel refurb won't be ready on time and to make sure they sell something they can exactly promise, they go with the Marvel hotel.

I would think they are taking a chance on China for Shanghai DL given they still have a Covid zero policy and at the blink of an eye lock down entire suburbs or housing blocks (as in no one can go out their door). Only residents or reunion or work visa holders can get in atm, no tourists, and that trip is only 12 months off. Just wasn’t sure how much news on China Europe and US is getting versus us in Aus.

I would think they are taking a chance on China for Shanghai DL given they still have a Covid zero policy and at the blink of an eye lock down entire suburbs or housing blocks (as in no one can go out their door). Only residents or reunion or work visa holders can get in atm, no tourists, and that trip is only 12 months off. Just wasn’t sure how much news on China Europe and US is getting versus us in Aus.
Not a lot of news here in Europe. After 2 years of Covid, the strict rules in China are not that newsworthy anymore. Sometimes it comes by, if there is a big outbreak. I wasn't aware of Shanghai and Hong Kong's Disney parks for the last months until it coincidentally popped up in my newsfeed on social media.

In the beginning the European Disneyland Paris and themepark social media channels reported on closing and openings of the Disney parks around the world, but nowadays it's a bit 'been there, done that'.

I think for the world trip that Disney has planned for ABD, it's in Summer 2023, they are certainly hoping for a better time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!