The Disney Adventures of Scooter Mom-Sept 7-14 (COMPLETE)

I definitely understand why you'd sit out of Pirates and Big Thunder if you were in so much pain. Those are both some LONG queues!

Ahhhhh Bay Lake at night. I MISS IT!!!!

I definitely understand why you'd sit out of Pirates and Big Thunder if you were in so much pain. Those are both some LONG queues!

Ahhhhh Bay Lake at night. I MISS IT!!!!

Actually, to go from the HC entrance to get on the ride isn't so bad with BTMRR. It is just that the ride is so bumpy. And with POTC, you have to take that BIG step down into the ride and then climb back out again. And that I couldn't do.

I miss it, too !! Can't wait to stay at BLT in March !!!

I was drawn to your tr by the title, I'll be stuck on a scooter during my next trip and wanted to see your experiences using one. I've gotta say that I love your writing style and I'm really enjoying your report. You have a beautiful family.

Terri

I was drawn to your tr by the title, I'll be stuck on a scooter during my next trip and wanted to see your experiences using one. I've gotta say that I love your writing style and I'm really enjoying your report. You have a beautiful family.

Terri

:welcome: fellow scooter Mom !!! I hope my experiences help you. There were just a few times where I felt like I was "stuck" in the scooter. For the most part, having the scooter was really fun and not the downer I thought it would be. We had a great trip !!

I hope the reason you will have to rent a scooter is just a temporary one.
I am one week post op with one more week of bed rest, so it REALLY sucks now, but it will get better. I just have to be patient. Not one of my strengths. Thanks so much for reading !!

My first post! Just booked a trip to Disney in December and found this board. I've enjoyed your TR. Your pictures are awesome.

I guess I don't have this thing down yet. Accidently posted before I finished my post, lol :rotfl2:. Hope you start feeling less pain every day as you recover.

Beth

p.s. now I need to figure out how to personalize my posts! I'll have fun figuring it out!

Oh man, kids in full meltdown mode throughout the entire boat ride. That's just the worst.

Nice pictures of the Magic Kingdom area. :)

I still absolutely love Legos. Every time I'm at Target, I have to go and look at the Lego section, and it takes all of my restraint in me to not buy some. :lmao:

DSC04471.jpg

I love this picture! Very nice!

Here DS is making fun of me being old and crippled while I am trying to impress him with my mad scooter skillz.

:rotfl2: Kids, what do they know? :rotfl2: I'm glad you developed some skillz while on that scooter.

I love the CHH. It's one of my fav QS places in MK.

Back to read your last update

My first post! Just booked a trip to Disney in December and found this board. I've enjoyed your TR. Your pictures are awesome.

:welcome: Hey thanks !! I am so happy to be your first post. You must be sooo excited about your trip !! The DIS is the best place for info and reading trip reports is great research. You can really learn a lot from them. I hope mine helps you !!

I guess I don't have this thing down yet. Accidently posted before I finished my post, lol :rotfl2:. Hope you start feeling less pain every day as you recover.

Beth

p.s. now I need to figure out how to personalize my posts! I'll have fun figuring it out!

Aww. Thanks !! I hope so too. Because, you know, this whole thing just sucks.

Yeah, the personalizing can be kinda challenging. Good luck !!

Oh man, kids in full meltdown mode throughout the entire boat ride. That's just the worst.

Nice pictures of the Magic Kingdom area. :)

I still absolutely love Legos. Every time I'm at Target, I have to go and look at the Lego section, and it takes all of my restraint in me to not buy some. :lmao:

It really was the worst. I mean those kids screamed the entire time. It was so horrible.

I love Legos, too. Have you seen those adult sets?? They have the Guggenheim and Falling Water and this whole town. Some of those sets are serious and soooooo cool. And expensive.

I love this picture! Very nice!

:rotfl2: Kids, what do they know? :rotfl2: I'm glad you developed some skillz while on that scooter.

I love the CHH. It's one of my fav QS places in MK.

Back to read your last update

Thanks.

I have some serious scooter skillz, yo.

I love CHH, too !!.

Thanks for reading !!

I've always wanted to go to CHH - maybe this next trip we actually will, since we'll have CS meals this time around! Your meal there looks really good!

LOL at DS wanting you to run over his foot! :laughing:

Ugh, sometimes a Disney meltdown just happens! Hopefully that family was going back to their room soon and the girls (and the parents!) were able to just go to sleep!

Oh NO to the screaming twins on the boat. Ugh. That had to be so annoying and I do feel really bad for the mom. Sometimes there is just nothing you can do to console your kids when they get to that point. Hopefully they both fell asleep - FAST!

I've always wanted to go to CHH - maybe this next trip we actually will, since we'll have CS meals this time around! Your meal there looks really good!

LOL at DS wanting you to run over his foot! :laughing:

Ugh, sometimes a Disney meltdown just happens! Hopefully that family was going back to their room soon and the girls(and the parents!) were able to just go to sleep!

We really like CHH. I highly recommend !!

Those little girls were horrible !! I am certain they were headed back to their room. At least I hope so !!

Oh NO to the screaming twins on the boat. Ugh. That had to be so annoying and I do feel really bad for the mom. Sometimes there is just nothing you can do to console your kids when they get to that point. Hopefully they both fell asleep - FAST!

I hope so, too for the mother's sake. She was about to have a meltdown herself !!

I read your post wrong....
It said " DH said they could hear them outside, even with the music turned up.

DH took photos."

I couldn't wait to click on the pictures... I thought you implied he took pictures of the sreaming kids... LOL
I was laughing thinking THIS IS GREAT !!. Oh well just some nice shots of the world at night.:goodvibes

I read your post wrong....
It said " DH said they could hear them outside, even with the music turned up.

DH took photos."

I couldn't wait to click on the pictures... I thought you implied he took pictures of the sreaming kids... LOL
I was laughing thinking THIS IS GREAT !!. Oh well just some nice shots of the world at night.:goodvibes

Bwahahahahahaha !!! :rotfl::lmao: That would have been so funny !! I am pretty sure that mother might have killed him if he did it. Thanks for the giggle, Janet !!!

Monday, September 10. 2012

Day 4 – Part 1

We got up about 8:30 and had breakfast in the room. We got to our park of the day, which was Epcot, about 9:30 AM. We saw these bird of paradise flowers.

DSC04489.jpg

DSC04490.jpg

We headed straight for Soarin’and there wasn’t a wait at all so we just walked right on the ride

DSC03468.jpg

DSC03469.jpg

Well, I didn’t walk. I scootered. I pulled right next to the ride vehicle and just took two steps to the ride. So, very convenient.

Since we were right there and there wasn’t a line, we rode the Land.

DSC04491.jpg

DSC04492.jpg

DSC04493.jpg

DSC04494.jpg

And they had a wheel chair boat. YAY !!

DSC04495.jpg

DSC04496.jpg

DSC04498.jpg

DSC04502.jpg

After that, we rode Nemo

DSC04504.jpg

We checked out the aquariums.

Nemo

DSC04505.jpg

Dory

DSC04506.jpg

Seahorse

DSC04508.jpg

Eels

DSC04510.jpg

Then we had some snacks

DSC04511.jpg

DSC04512.jpg

DSC04513.jpg

I just had the rest of DS's pretzel. He can never eat the whole thing !!!

Then we went to ride Figment.

DSC04514.jpg

DSC04515.jpg

DSC04516.jpg

And y’all, this is my new favorite ride and I am gonna tell you why. They have a handicap car that you can drive your scooter up into !! It was so nice not to have to get out !! I just loved it !!

Woo hoo, Soarin' walk on! That has never happened to me.......except for with fastpass. :rotfl2:

Wheel chair boat, woooooo!!!!

Mmmmm, Mickey bars and pretzels. Good choice of some snacks for sure. That's a perfect combination of salty and sweet.

That's nice that you can drive the scooter up into the car on Imagination. They should definitely think about that with other rides too.

Woo hoo, Soarin' walk on! That has never happened to me.......except for with fastpass. :rotfl2:

Wheel chair boat, woooooo!!!!

Mmmmm, Mickey bars and pretzels. Good choice of some snacks for sure. That's a perfect combination of salty and sweet.

That's nice that you can drive the scooter up into the car on Imagination. They should definitely think about that with other rides too.

I know, right ? We just scootered right up to it !! It was awesome. Gotta love September crowds !!

That car that I could just drive my scooter up into was sooo FUN !!! It made me so happy !! It is the little things, you know. I will tell you which ride needs an HC boat and that is POTC !!!

AHHH!!! Soaring LOVE that ride--what row were you in--this time (by being a single rider) i snagged the first row

Those flowers are beautiful

How is your foot, did you get in touch with the doctor yet??

Ann

AHHH!!! Soaring LOVE that ride--what row were you in--this time (by being a single rider) i snagged the first row

Those flowers are beautiful

How is your foot, did you get in touch with the doctor yet??

Ann

We got the first row, but since I was in the scooter, I sat on the end. Stilla great ride though !!

My doctor got in touch with me at about 4:40 PM on Friday. Made me stress !! LOL. Everything is the same really. Not much change. It completely sucks !! I see him on Wednesday and Then I will hopefully get this splint off. Not really looking forward to having a cast, but this splint is durned uncomfortable. Thanks for thinking about me !!

We got the first row, but since I was in the scooter, I sat on the end. Stilla great ride though !!

My doctor got in touch with me at about 4:40 PM on Friday. Made me stress !! LOL. Everything is the same really. Not much change. It completely sucks !! I see him on Wednesday and Then I will hopefully get this splint off. Not really looking forward to having a cast, but this splint is durned uncomfortable. Thanks for thinking about me !!

I am so glad you heard from the doctor:goodvibes

Hope your doctor visit goes well let me know what he says

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter