The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

We like a tv at night. I have one inside the TT. As my daughter is 9 , i still have her wind down , even on vacations around 930 at night. So , we put on a movie. Otherwise she will be bouncing off the walls and up till 2 am. So yea, like homer simpson my daughter gets raised by the tv. Does that make me a bad person? Probably, but it works for us. Other normal people would call this a familly movie night. But im a realist. Sometimes, i put the projecter on outside for the movie. But a smaller tv might be less work.

An outdoor TV is essential (along with an outside refrigerator for beverages.)

How else do you keep up on the Cardinals game?

j

I don't. Since really the only sports I might watch on TV is racing related its either usually a non camping weekend, or I can watch it inside. I mean a 24 hour race you really don't need to watch every single minute.

Even Vandy and Mizzou? :scared:

Well sure! I'd watch Vandy vs. Missouri. You got to understand ....

Vandy got some smart kids (I priced their tuition with their "family support' on DS#1) even if they ain't all 5-stars. I would "Anchor Down" in a heartbeat in that scenario versus a game against South Carolina or 10RC.

It's fairly obvious out there for all to see (and has been for a decade). Give credit where credit is due - may not be great athletes but if they play with their all, I'm in! :banana:

Go 'Dores!

Ed

I didn't mean necessarily Vandy v Mizzou, but I understand the sentiment. I like watching my teams, but I'm not the guy that can just watch ANY game because it's on.

Yeah but I am. If it's SEC on both sides. Because those teams will catch up to us on the schedule eventually.

GeauxSECicon2_zps8104840f.png

Bama Ed

Yeah but I am. If it's SEC on both sides.

I was more fishing for a "Mizzou isn't in the SEC." Vandy is more of a "bless your heart" scenario as you mentioned in your first response.

I'm from MO and have many friends that went to THE University of Missouri (emphasis on the THE!...that's a whole other mess with the U of MO system renaming a few years ago). Many of them have some heartburn with the SEC move and have lost a lot of love for their alumnus since.

I'm from MO and have many friends that went to THE University of Missouri (emphasis on the THE!...that's a whole other mess with the U of MO system renaming a few years ago).

I can relate to their concerns, PtP.

With the SEC being an up-and-coming academic and research set of schools, Mizzou may feel a little threatened after the lax and lazy standards they had in B12.

Nobody's ever heard of the THE with regards to Mizzou outside of their small circle - who do they think they are? THE Ohio State? Come on..... :sad2:

The heartburn with the SEC is understandable. There is no coasting and doing the minimum in the SEC. Academics is a contest just as competitive as Athletics. You have to bring your A-game or get passed over. SEC schools are moving up in the academic world with their research and folks can move UP or move OUT.

Haven't they been watching Coach Saban for the last 10+ years?

saban%20guitar_zpstrl02bsn.gif

Bama Ed

I can relate to their concerns, PtP.

With the SEC being an up-and-coming academic and research set of schools, Mizzou may feel a little threatened after the lax and lazy standards they had in B12.

Nobody's ever heard of the THE with regards to Mizzou outside of their small circle - who do they think they are? THE Ohio State? Come on..... :sad2:

Some of the beef with going SEC is that all of the traditional rivalries that the Midwest/B12 thrived on, particularly KU v Mizzou and Mizzou v Nebraska went by the wayside. The KU v Mizzou rivalry was huge and KU flat refuses to play Mizzou in any sport now. Also jumping out of the Big 12 where they were in their weight class and could perform decent in conference play in football and basketball. They jumped into the deep end with the anchor chain wrapped around their necks into the SEC.

As for the naming garbage...Southwest Missouri State decided that it should change its name to Missouri State. That kicked off just about every school in the U of MO network to go on a crusade to change its name. One of my favorites is U of M Rolla, where I hold a masters from. They changed their name from UMR to The Missouri University of Science and Technology. In the kerfuffle, Mizzou had to assert dominance going from University of Missouri in Columbia to The University of Missouri.

In all of the mess with the protests on campus a few years back and the SEC jump admissions at Mizzou tanked and they start poaching applicants that would normally apply to one of the satellite schools. It put the whole U of MO system in a tailspin for a few years. I think it's leveling back out, but the brilliant name changes still stand.

There you go. A little Mizzou history lesson for the day.

My topic is food because Bert made an excellent dinner. We had beef tenderloin, Brussel sprouts with balsamic glaze and bacon, and a homemade asparagus pesto with roasted asparagus and bacon. Dinner was delicious.

Pesto in progress

7AB29093-614D-4391-BD02-CDAD12234453.jpeg

7C817832-6581-426A-B3E4-B9B5EA1D263B.jpeg

Finished product

40E6A9AC-4F99-40FA-8F78-2CD3D816E2D2.jpeg

Brussels

52E943AD-B5A9-4F32-9631-4F7001F0B2B8.jpeg

Tenderloin

16A61E9D-DCEB-42F6-88DD-A01B3E1CC050.jpeg

My plate

01BCD751-746F-4C34-901B-06C0CFD686A0.jpeg

Thinking about the pesto for the dismeet

Some of the beef with going SEC is that all of the traditional rivalries that the Midwest/B12 thrived on, particularly zzzzz.....zzzzzz.....zzzzz...z

As for the naming garbage...zzzz.zzzzz.zzzzz.zzzz.

In all of the mess with the protests on campus a few years back and the SEC jump admissions at Mizzou tanked and they start poaching applicants that would normally apply to one of the satellite schools zzzzzzz.....z......zz..zzzz....zzzz....z

Got it.

@garneska, like your DH chef, I was busy in the kitchen today too.

I whipped up some home made sauces from scratch this morning that are pretty stupid good. They were:
  1. Honey mustard dressing/sauce (dijon, honey, vinegar, olive oil, more)
  2. Barbecue sauce (ketchup, brown sugar, cumin, worstechire, more-had to cook it)
  3. Spicy stir fry sauce (roasted red chile paste, soy sauce, some sugar, garlic, more)
  4. Cocktail sauce (no-sugar ketchup, processed horseradish, lemon juice, worstechire)
I used #3 with a beef & brocolli stir fry dinner over rice tonight that was thumbs up.

Bama Ed

PS - the pesto needs more olive oil ::yes::

Well today is a rainy yucky day, and they delivered our new dishwasher. So this morning before they arrived, I ran a new electrical circuit for the dishwasher. So it is now on it's own breaker. Now we can wash dishes and make popcorn, without shutting down half the house.
This dishwasher has no middle post, so it has a lot more room on the bottom for dishes. DW is happy with our new unit.
When running the electrical line I added a light in line in the basement, which DW also appreciates as that corner did not have one.

@PaHunter the important part

This dishwasher has no middle post, so it has a lot more room on the bottom for dishes. DW is happy with our new unit.
When running the electrical line I added a light in line in the basement, which DW also appreciates as that corner did not have one.

i understand. One of my best anniversary presents was a new washer and dryer.

So today found out my boss has covid, so I will be spending the next few days at home per the Dr. just in case. Well may get some electrical work done, we will see. DW still needs to work at home, so have to stay out of her way and be quiet. Dog will be happy.
In other news the Governor has rescinded travel guidance currently, so we can go right back to work after vacation as long as that does not change before June.

Governor here in MS has removed mask mandate here effective tomorrow evening at 5pm.

Enjoy vacation Chris. Sounds like it'll be a busy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter