The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Now all i can picture is Antonio Banderas in the movie Assassins moving his hand and saying "chit chat".

And since this is the place to talk about anything off topic. I pulled the 5er home from the storage lot tonight. We are going camping this weekend outside Springfield IL to visit the Lincoln attractions. Figured I'd get another trip in before heading to GSP in 2 weeks.

j

And since this is the place to talk about anything off topic. I pulled the 5er home from the storage lot tonight. We are going camping this weekend outside Springfield IL to visit the Lincoln attractions. Figured I'd get another trip in before heading to GSP in 2 weeks.

j

My oldest DS graduated college last weekend.

Jim enjoy Lincoln Land.

What a great thread!

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Just checking in. Hows the weather been down by you? Chicago area hasn't been bad, but every now and then I here St. Louis area come up in the severe weather forecasts

Just checking in. Hows the weather been down by you? Chicago area hasn't been bad, but every now and then I here St. Louis area come up in the severe weather forecasts
Another round of storms tonight. We have had some good lines move through almost everyday this week. Today, we had a big line come through around 2pm. Some bigger trees down and hail in some areas. Tonight, for the last hour 9-10pm, we are having a lot of thunder and lightening. Lost power for a minute while I was remoted into work cleaning up a report I need for an 0700 meeting. Thankfully I could use the hotspot on my phone to reconnect and I didn't lose anything. It took a while for the Charter internet to come back.

Normal Spring weather patterns. Nothing really severe around me, although the news said south of the metro area had some tornados.

And for the hockey fans in the house- LET'S GO BLUES!!! We move on to the 3rd round for the first time in forever. <=== (Frozen reference to keep this post related to WDW... Very loosely related, but still...)

j

Blueberry Scone? Hmmm... Sounds good except scones are just to dry for me. I guess that's what the coffee is for! :)

Did anyone know that "May is Pet Month"?

Thanks to Sam's Club for letting me know (via email) almost half way through May. Oh wait... they want me to buy something. Go Figure!

Gotta love the marketing emails.......NOT!!!!!

Another round of storms tonight. We have had some good lines move through almost everyday this week. Today, we had a big line come through around 2pm. Some bigger trees down and hail in some areas. Tonight, for the last hour 9-10pm, we are having a lot of thunder and lightening. Lost power for a minute while I was remoted into work cleaning up a report I need for an 0700 meeting. Thankfully I could use the hotspot on my phone to reconnect and I didn't lose anything. It took a while for the Charter internet to come back.

Normal Spring weather patterns. Nothing really severe around me, although the news said south of the metro area had some tornados.

And for the hockey fans in the house- LET'S GO BLUES!!! We move on to the 3rd round for the first time in forever. <=== (Frozen reference to keep this post related to WDW... Very loosely related, but still...)

j
Hope you guys stay safe. Might be down your way this summer. Recommend any campgrounds?

Might be down your way this summer. Recommend any campgrounds?
It depends on how close to the city you want to be and what you are interested in. I've been to most of the state parks and COE cgs in southern IL and Eastern MO.

j

It depends on how close to the city you want to be and what you are interested in. I've been to most of the state parks and COE cgs in southern IL and Eastern MO.

j
Nothing specific to see or do, just wanna try new places. Gonna have couple high school age boys, so we're thinking one of the days we'd do Six Flags. Our season passes are good at all of them.
I'd like to be within 30-45 minute drive of the city

I'd like to be within 30-45 minute drive of the city
There aren't too many state parks within 45 minutes of the city. Babler SP is not far from Six Flags. Pretty close actually. Like 15 minutes. There is a Jelly Stone at the exit to Six Flags. I haven't been there in years. Decades literally. I hear good things about it. A little further down I-44 is Meremec SP and Onondaga SP. Both have nice cgs and caves you can tour.

I'm not much for private campgrounds. The ones around here usually have more seasonal sites than nightly and the nicer ones are $$$.

j

Yea!!!! It's Friday!!!!
:teeth::tongue::sunny::flower1::love::worship::flower::cake::flower3::rockband::rockband::jester::love1::):shamrock:pixiedust::car::yay::hippie::dogdance::drive::butterfly:tiptoe::joker::D:dancer::thumbsup2:goodvibes:cheer2::banana::bitelip::blush::bounce::jumping1::jumping2::jumping3::Pinkbounc:wave::drinking1:music::woohoo:party::beach::dance3:

::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

Paul despite the fact this cafe has no blueberry scones it is still a SIGNATURE level establishment and certain level of conduct and decorum is expected from all patrons. Excessive celebrations and dancing are strictly prohibited unless it is a Can-Can line with ALL patrons are included or a pole is involved.

Last edited:
Paul despite the fact this cafe has no blueberry scones it is still a SIGNATURE level establishment and certain level of conduct and decorum is expected from all patrons. Excessive celebrations and dancing are strictly prohibited unless it is a Can-Can line with ALL patrons are included or a pole is involved.

Yeah, act your age...like me
avg8.gif

Now, dancing I'm pretty good at
wtzB3Y0.gif

Always good when a pole is involved...
Pole_Dance.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!