The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Don't dare blame that poor little girl for her behavior when its all YOUR FAULT. She started the week in what was essentially an austere Jail cell. That was the only HOME she had ever known. Her family and pack randomly kidnapped by strangers never to be seen again.
Then you come along and snatch her. Forcing her into a terrifying box in order to now be restricted to taking care of her business in the places and when you allow her to relieve herself.
Then after just a few days you PIMP her out to another group of strangers . Where she is expected to lavish loving attention on these strangers in exchange for a few treats an occasional bowl of Kibble and if she was lucky a visit to an open air potty and exercise yard.
No wonder the poor thing is terrified and confused and all YOUR FAULT

Last edited:
Well thankful for me I tested Friday morning and came back negative finally!! Lauren was starting to feel better, and the rest of the house has been well. That has been a plus.

This week we been testing out FuboTV, we tried Youtube TV, it was ok but just felt lacking some of the channels we like. Fubo covers what we want without much more cost. So far we like it, its a solid stream and not that hard to use, we like the DVR and up to 3 "on the road" streams.

Saturday Melissa and I had plans to start looking for a her next car. We been trying our best to wait out the shortages and prices, but even in the used car market the pricing is pretty stupid. So after lots of talk we decided to go take a look at what's out there, now long it takes to get a car, etc. However, with lots and lots of rain on Saturday we decided working on puzzle 7 of 10 of our 40k piece puzzle set. About 3pm all the sudden we heard a big crash and Jessica saw what happen. A huge branch on I think is a massive ash.

1657554649971.jpeg1657554718052.jpeg

Thankfully due to the rain no dogs where out in the yard. While it damaged our yard light strings, it did not damage the house or fence!

So my Sunday started out cleaning up this mess and after 2.5 hours of sweating through it, I got the initial part of the work done. With more to come through the week.

1657554867627.jpeg

I plan to tackle more this afternoon after work. And I have a big ole pile that I am hoping I can get my landscaper out to chip and haul away and if not call my tree service and see if they will. If not I can always make a few loads on the trailer.

1657554973961.jpeg1657554990952.jpeg

This may not get all cleaned up by weeks end since we have a camping trip planned to central PA. We booked Buttonwood campground in PA for a 4 day summer get away and looking forward to it. Worse case I get at least one load off to the composting facility this week and reload the trailer and go after our trip.

@garneska Yes we feel very fortunate. I will try to get a diameter on the area nearest the trunk, I am pretty sure its about 22" based on my 20" bar on my saw. This afternoon its only in the mid 80's so it will be good weather to knock out as much as possible and then if its just carting away the debris I'm not going to keep to split and burn in the fire pit I can deal with that.

Mike - Oh no ash is on my keep list. I already have 2 ash and 1 red oak (all standing dead when we moved in) either partially split or waiting to be split. Anything 4" or larger will join that pile. I really don't need much smaller stuff because I get small deadfall all year round and most of the time send it to the composting facility to be turned to mulch because its more then I ever need.

Time to get back to the trip report. I left off on Saturday with rain. After killing some time we went to the restaurant and bar on the top floor. It is called Capa. We had a ressie at 7 pm so we could catch the fireworks from the balcony. You can see all of them. It was July 2 so it was the normal fireworks. We were hungry since all we had was breakfast so we hit the bar and snacks around 5:30 ish. Snacks were olives and almonds. This was the only pic i took of dinner was the snacks. While Capa is a steak place they also do tapas. Since we had steak the night before we went with tapas. Now Capa also got a Michelin star. However our experience at Knife and Spoon on Friday was much better. The service was on point. At Capa they were a little frazzled. The food was great though.

We started with oysters, because I was feeling oysters. Then the next round was the pan con tomato with manchengo cheese followed by jarmon de iberico. Both were excellent. Then we moved to octopus and then a roasted cauliflower with a soft cooked egg. We passed on dessert but stayed long enough to watch the fireworks. The slow service made it easy to wait for fireworks. That meant we slept round 10:30, late night for me.

Next day brunch and more water park.

will get my two pictures up.

TL;DR: Dinner at Capa. The food was good, the service was slow. You can watch all the Disney Fireworks from the restaurant balcony.

0FFD1562-83A8-4C16-8E88-67180F92D3FB.jpeg

1C4EFA41-B17A-44BC-87A3-612AA7515179.jpeg

So glad you two were able to get away & relax. Those picture of Minnie & Mickey reminded me of our last trip 2019 of our fun with Minnie, Mickey, Pluto & others when we had a character meal. Arnold always said Mickey is the man. Can't wait to see more pictures of Whiskey.

Set up down in cape may nj. This place is tight spaced, but nice. Ill try to get some better pics tomorrow. Had to go home last night for a docters appointment this morning, so beat. They tested for any and all cardio things. So very invasive and long. Got there at 715 am and left at 130 pm. Now relaxation time. Some might recognize the camp chairs. They are nice and comfy. Thanks to benita, for the sale link!

Attachments

• 20220711_154814.jpg
    20220711_154814.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 6
I am going to try and wrap this up. It is now Sunday morning. I decided to sleep in. With the new dog I thought it might be one of my last sleep ins for a while. I also skipped exercise. I am sure i was awake around 7:30 but futzed on the internet. We had brunch reservations at 10:45 at Plancha. This is the restaurant on the golf course side of the hotel. The food is good and on Sunday it is bottomless mimosa day. We took a golf cart ride to the restaurant. Once there we decided to sit outside. It was hot but we had good cover and big fans above. It is really pleasant to sit outside and look at the fountain.

Our server was excellent. She even brought us a free appetizer. It was the guacamole. the only thing i took a picture of, but was really excellent. Bert had the steak and eggs and I had the cuban sandwich with breakfast potatoes. We sat and enjoyed the ambiance and the food. We ended up being seated quite far from most people, the table next to us was big and empty. It was nice, we left about 2 hours later when the big table next to us got seated.

We walked back to the hotel from the restaurant. That is where I got most of the pictures i put in the last post, well Bert got those pics. Then we went to the pool, except there was storms in the area, no rain though. Not allowed to go in the pool but it was not raining so we napped on the deck loungers for an hour and then we were given the all clear to hit the lazy river. We floated for an hour and then did the water slides again.

Dinner was at 6 so went to the bar for a drink then dinner at Ravello. This is the italian restaurant at the Four Seasons. We have eaten here before and it is quite good. First we ordered the burrata salad and they brought out a mixed green. Our server was on it. She said please keep it but brought us the burrata. This burrata salad was my favorite. Knife and Spoon on Friday was very good but I liked this one better. Then we shared 3 pastas. The best one was the ravioli. All 3 were good. We were very happy with how this meal went. We also finished in time to go up to Capa and catch the Fourth of July Fireworks from the balcony since it was July 3. That is the fireworks pic i posted. They were very good.
On sunday we also got a text about a bad Whisky. I knew she was showing she wanted to chew and that she did. She chewed mom's carpet, two places pretty bad. She did need new carpet, now she definitely does. Other than the chewing Whisky was very good for her.

Monday we drove back. Stopped at Buccee's and had the brisket and pulled pork sandwich. All I can say is i am now a buccee's fan. they were pretty darn good. Whisky was also really happy to see us. I was surprised since we only had her 6 days and then left her.

TL;DR: Brunch at Plancha highly recommend it. Floating the lazy river in the afternoon. Dinner at Ravello, better than i expected. Fireworks at Capa. Good last day except for Whisky chewing mom's carpet. Drove home Monday.

One pic to come

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter