The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Getting it out here. it has been a rough day. So i came into this week a little less stressed as i am off call this week. I am recovering from my second covid shot. In the other thread i was like i am sick. Yeah i was sick on sat, but managed to paint sun. Was exhausted on monday and now i have a swollen lymph node. i was hoping the week to be a little less nuts. Mallory has not slept well the last two nights and has not eaten well. Like not wanting to eat. I was very upset because that is a sign. She is having trouble keeping her head up. This morning then i saw her ears were disgustingly dirty. I have cleaned them (and yes i actually check them regularly and i had not seen this coming). I am hoping she has an ear infection. I sat her up to get some water she is quite lethargic. Now she did not sleep last night, i know because she made me lay with her all night and was wide awake most of the time. Basically i am fragile. i am hoping it is an ear infection but i am worried it is not.

I talked to the vet. She did say an inner ear infection could cause her to be like this. We go tomorrow in the late afternoon to the vet. This way she can see if it’s an infection. Now Mallory has not chirped all day. Last chirping was 4 am this morning. on one hand no chirping tonight would be great for sleep. On the other I will be concerned she has finally tired out.

We were able to take mallory for a walk last night. It had been a few days of no walks because of rain. She seemed pretty happy to be out. I have some hope. Now there was no chirping after the walk or getting ready for bed. If i am not in my chair she chirps so when she was not chirping last night still worried. I did put the baby to bed (i lay with her till she sleeps, usually this is requested by chirping) even though there was no chirping. I had not slept great so like i said i was hoping for no chirping but that would make me sad to. She did seem awake and alert when it was time for bed. She had slept ALL day yesterday.

So good and bad news, she woke me three times last night chirping. The good news is she stopped when i moved her. That meant bert and i slept. I was prepared to flip her because she seems chirpier when the bad ear is down. During the day the bad ear is up.

Got her up and she is again lethargic but was definitely ready to eat that chicken and rice and regular dog food. Mixed it all together. I feel like she is holding her head better so i am cautiously hopeful she does have an ear infection and that is causing the sleepiness. the good thing is ear infection can be fixed. We won't talk about option b. hoping it is not that.

Glad she seems to be getting better!!

I was ready to mow yesterday until I put the clutch and drive pulley on and something was off. The engine would not turn, after looking deeper it seems the pulley is hitting the engine. So did some measuring and had to take 1/4" of widge by 1/4" of height off the pulley. Good thing I know people with a lathe. So now it clears and I can finally mow the lawn today.

Mowing success, though after going so long without it being mowed (10 days) it was super long. So I had to cut twice, first at the highest deck level and then again at my normal height. It took most of yesterday evening plus finishing the front 40 yards this morning before work. Mower ran great and ready to finish out many season.

This evening we hitch up and head out to Luray for a little mothers day weekend excursion. Nothing major planned, just looking forward to some time out. Of course, mother nature is like well its still april in my book so on the forecast is about 1/4" of rain today and Sunday, so we will just work around that of course.

One of the many sounds I miss...of course they replaced my pig (M60) and everyone's favorite sound the GAU-8 mounted in the Warthog. Love that Brrrrttttt !
Sorry Chris the sound of a mounted Gatling 50 0n F4 is music to my ears
In January, we spent the month in Jacksonville, NC, home of Camp Lejuene. Many a day the artillery practice would shake the camper. Warthogs, Apaches and Osprey were in the air most days.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter