The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Pretty soon you'll be as old as Teamubr. :duck:

Happy Birthday you old man you!
:cake: Happy Happy Chris.

Hopefully you had a good one.

Funny story about being this old. We were out to dinner with one of Donna's co-workers while we were in Florida last weekend. (the co-worker splits her time between STL and Boca). The coworker's husband and I had been talking and I made a comment about being much older than him. I was thinking he was at least 5 years younger. He laughed and said he thought the same about me. Turns out he is 14 days older than I am. Not sure if both of us look young or we both need new glasses. :)

j

Yet another new campground coming to Pigeon Forge, TN.
We will have to take a tour in June. I Googled it on the map and it looks like they have taken the parking lot that was there and made it half the campground.

j

We will have to take a tour in June. I Googled it on the map and it looks like they have taken the parking lot that was there and made it half the campground.

j
Yeah I hated that Boyd's closed. My mom loved going in there and it was quite an impressive building. That's a great location as well because you can use backroads to get to it without having to get on the parkway and it's close enough to hear the Dollywood train whistle (which is my favorite thing to hear off in the distance.)

Yet another new campground coming to Pigeon Forge, TN. I’ll try to grab some pics this weekend. For those familiar with the area, it’s being built where the old Boyd’s Bear store was up on the hill. If I read it correctly that building has been converted into a lodge. https://www.margaritavilleresorts.com/margaritaville-rv-resort-pigeon-forge

That's the old American Bandstand location. The website listed it as 149 Cades Lane. If that's correct then it's literally on hill above Riversedge RV which is where is where I usually stay. Good location, you don't have all the traffic lights to go through to get to the park and Gatlinburg.

Last edited:
Wow, that is quite a hill to get any RV up and especially if you are towing a trailer or a toad.
Not bad actually. Folks staying at Riversedge would use that old parking lot to turn around if they missed the entrance.

@PaHunter Happy Birthday, great job leveling up!

@Bishoparc Happy Birthday too, great job leveling up!

Riverside has a great location and if Margaritaville can turn around the old property up the hill why not. I think the place we found last minute last year will likely be our fall back for that area as we really do think once it matures a little it will be a nice park away from the central fray of the area.

Spring has sprung quickly here, so I spent the rainy evening in the garage doing some maintenance on the mower. Over winter I fixed the oil leak which included an oil change, but some work just needed warmer weather. So I changed the filters and hydro oil in the transmissions, put fresh plugs, fuel and air filter on.

Plus breaking in the new saw I bought last fall. Echo CS-590 which is a beast. Lots of storm fall to cut up and stack for splitting later. And a small help from nature. One branch half broke in this big ole tree which was going to need me to climb up a little and cut the rest of the break. Well last night those winds finished the job and the branch fell, thankfully missing the fence too! Going to have lots of firepit wood for a bit.

@PaHunter happy birthday!
:cake: Happy Happy Chris.

Hopefully you had a good one.

Funny story about being this old. We were out to dinner with one of Donna's co-workers while we were in Florida last weekend. (the co-worker splits her time between STL and Boca). The coworker's husband and I had been talking and I made a comment about being much older than him. I was thinking he was at least 5 years younger. He laughed and said he thought the same about me. Turns out he is 14 days older than I am. Not sure if both of us look young or we both need new glasses. :)

j
Happy birthday!
Thanks! :)

EDIT** I just realized that was directed to @PaHunter lol. My birthday is today and I was like how do they know haha Happy birthday to @PaHunter lol :)

So Thank you all for the Birthday Wishes and Happy Birthday to @Bishoparc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter