• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

Jason: Good catch on the airline thing, and thanks for the reminder. Is it any wonder that airlines have a PR problem. If it didn't take so long (and money) I would totally take a cruise ship just to avoid the hassle.

Found an Angles and Demons tour that we're thinking about for our early arrival day. I really love sculpture and there's a heck of a lot of it in the movie that's really amazing. Just thought I would pitch that out there in case it might interest anyone else.

Anyone else going to be at Dis-Harry Potter in two weeks? We CANNOT wait! :banana:

Lauren,
It's funny, Micki and I were talking about doing something like that since we a big Dan Brown fans. We will see you and Jeri in two weeks at Universal. We are bringing our oldest grandson Jason with us as his birthday present.

John :yay:

6 months.

Thanks for the ticker. I'm excited y'all are going for Christmas to scout the route for us! It's a big sacrifice and we are truly thankful! :goodvibes

We just got our creds for Harry Potter! SOOOO excited. :dance3: I can't believe we're actually going to be there and be able to move around and breath all at the same time. When we tried to go on our own it was not a happy experience and we didn't even get to ride the main ride or see the Frog Choir or any of the dancers. However, if somebody sees me shopping just remind me that I'm supposed to be saving for ITALY in six months, would ya?! ;)

Here's the Angles and Demons tour we're thinking about:
http://www.partner.viator.com/en/10...gels-and-Demons-Half-Day-Tour/d511-3731ANGELS

Some of the places are also on our ABD tour, but I figure that the ABD tours move you along that a chance at two looks might actually be a good thing. Plus, can you really go to St. Peter's Square too much? :laughing:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I'm thankful to be going to Italy with a great group of people in 2012!!!!:yay::yay:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

We are so thankful for all the new friends we met on the London/Paris trip & to be able to go to Italy with everyone!!

Here's the Angles and Demons tour we're thinking about:
http://www.partner.viator.com/en/10...gels-and-Demons-Half-Day-Tour/d511-3731ANGELS

Some of the places are also on our ABD tour, but I figure that the ABD tours move you along that a chance at two looks might actually be a good thing. Plus, can you really go to St. Peter's Square too much? :laughing:

That tour looks perfect. Not to nit pick but it doesn't appear to be offered on 5/22 or 5/23. I does appear to be the "official tour" (http://www.angelsanddemons.it/the_official_tour.aspx) which will book private tours (in English!) on other days. We would be interested in that as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I'm thankful to be going to Italy with a great group of people in 2012!!!!:yay::yay:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

We are so thankful for all the new friends we met on the London/Paris trip & to be able to go to Italy with everyone!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am also thankful to be going on this trip, being able to reconnect with so many friends from past adventures...and making new friends as well!

Jason

To all our old friends and to our new friends we have not met yet.

Happy Thanksgiving
:)

John & Micki

That tour looks perfect. Not to nit pick but it doesn't appear to be offered on 5/22 or 5/23. I does appear to be the "official tour" (http://www.angelsanddemons.it/the_official_tour.aspx) which will book private tours (in English!) on other days. We would be interested in that as well.

Good catch! I swear it was there when I first looked at it. Though it's possible that I was snorting too much Italian Pixie Dust at the time and so I looked at it wrong. The Official tour looks like a good pick too though.

I'm thankful for all my great Dis friends and having a healthy family, as long as crazy doesn't count, and having this Italy trip to look forward to. And mostly I'm thankful that Jeri has finally decided to do the tree trimming I've been asking him to do! My office just brightened up by at least 50 percent! :rotfl:

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving. Now that we have that past us, I am looking forward to meeting everyone who is coming to DAP.

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving. Now that we have that past us, I am looking forward to meeting everyone who is coming to DAP.

:cool1: We are all set.Our credentials came today!

I love happy mail! :goodvibes

As opposed to bill mail! :scared1:

Here's a fun little story. In 2008 we went on Knight and Lights. Awesome trip. One of the high schoolers on that trip, Alex, was thinking of coming to SCAD down here in Savannah, so when he and his family came to visit the school we met up and had a nice visit. Now that Alex is a student here we see him from time to time. He's an awesome kid. He just texted me this morning that they are back from their Disney cruise (jealous) and they ran into Missy and Sean, another couple from our 2008 trip, on the cruise, and had a great visit. You really do make amazing friendships on these trips. :hug:

I love happy mail! :goodvibes

As opposed to bill mail! :scared1:

Here's a fun little story. In 2008 we went on Knight and Lights. Awesome trip. One of the high schoolers on that trip, Alex, was thinking of coming to SCAD down here in Savannah, so when he and his family came to visit the school we met up and had a nice visit. Now that Alex is a student here we see him from time to time. He's an awesome kid. He just texted me this morning that they are back from their Disney cruise (jealous) and they ran into Missy and Sean, another couple from our 2008 trip, on the cruise, and had a great visit. You really do make amazing friendships on these trips. :hug:

What a great story! It's funny (and great) how these trips, no matter the length, bring people together. Experiencing once in a lifetime moments with people brings fast friendships. Looking forward to strengthening current friendships and making new ones in May!!

So it's back into the swing of things since DAP this past weekend. First off, AWESOME DAP!!!!!!!!!!! We had an uber awesome super great time. And then overslept by an hour, oops!, and almost missed the taping. But we slid into line just in time. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel for the first time this trip. If we cared anything about Universal we would stay there again in a heart beat! :lmao: We liked the vibe at Citywalk better than DTD for some reason and really enjoyed walking around. If we "must" do a repeat of a DAP I would certainly vote for Harry Potter again. We had SUCH a great time I can't even tell ya. Getting to see old friends and meet new ones was just the cherry on my very large sunday that was getting to take all the photos I wanted without people standing in my way and getting in my photos!

Jeri saw the actress who plays Ziva on NCIS making bagels for her kids in the hotel. He managed not to trip over his own feet or drool on her so I was pretty impressed. I was up in the room drying my hair so missed the whole thing, but I'm pretty sure I would have tripped over my own feet and drooled right on her. We do love us some NCIS in this house!

It may (not really) interest you all to know that Jeri's family gives out lotto tickets in the Christmas stockings. In 11 years I have never won one time. I'm starting to get suspicious. (We did Christmas with his family the morning of DAP. Our family is so spread out Santa pretty much starts showing up on Dec 1 and keeps flying through New Years. It's no wonder the holidays tire me) So Jeri pulls out our tickets and I store the quick pick slip in my purse for later, but I tell him if we win the lottery we are doing Italy and Knights and Lights in October, and he says to me, SOLD! Needless to say, we did not win the lottery. :eek: I know, I know, I was shocked too. But for that one instant I could totally see it, Italy in the spring and Knights and Lights over our 12 year anniversary in the fall. And then we did not win. Even though I knew we weren't going to win, it was an actual let down. Strange. Note to self: Do not mentally spend lottery money. It's depressing in the long run.

After the show taping we were kind of hanging around to hug on Kevin and John :hug: At DAP the gang was in such demand we didn't even get to speak to Pete and Walter and wish them Best Wishes and all of that. And I'm from the South! You don't go to someone's party and then not speak to them and say thank you! Flash to the next day. Did I mention we woke up an hour late for the taping? Yeah, so we didn't really eat breakfast but just ran to the taping. And we're kinda hanging out at the end to say hello and thank you and best wishes and all of that. I, actually. That's what I'm doing. Jeri, on the other hand, has ants in his pants until I finally say, what's up, ya got ants in your pants? And he says I'm about to eat my own arm off. Which, really, a person needs both arms. And being the concerned wife that I am I say, really? huh. I'm sure I'll be able to speak to the guys in a second and then we'll feed you. And I get the eyeball of death as he looks up to the podcast table and back to me with the you've got to be kidding look on his face. Yeah, so there's a crowd up there, but surely they'll move along any second now!

The line did not, in fact, whip along the way Jeri wanted it to and after a few minutes I gave in because he kind of was looking a little pale. I did meet SayHello in our mad dash to the car so that was cool. Hi SayHello! Even though by this point "someone" is kind of pulling on my arm, we parked over here, while I'm still talking to SayHello :rotfl: Breakfast people, so weak! hehe And we went to Earl's and he lived, which is a nice thing, and I ran into friends in line which was a little strange but also very fun.

Now I'm back home and trying to get back into the swing of things. Bleh! I need a new job. I'm starting to ask little kids what they think they want to be because I never really have come up with a good idea! Plus, I've told myself that John was technically the planner of the party and I did, in fact, speak to him and tell him Thank You for having us and that we appreciate his hard work, but I didn't thank the host, Pete and I still kind of feel off about that. BUT my guess is Pete is not losing any sleep whatsoever about it and he and Walter's future happiness does not, in fact, rise and fall on my wishing them the best, so I've decided to let it go and not harp on it months from now when nobody will know what I'm talking about anyway. 'Cause I'm mentally healthy like that! :rolleyes1

We're starting our training for the Princess 1/2 this week! So we'll be back for a hit of pixie dust in late February, when I'm sure the weather will be awesome!, and then it's on to Italy. :dance3:

Merry Christmas everyone! It's hard to believe the trip is less than five months away!!!

Jason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter