• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

The line did not, in fact, whip along the way Jeri wanted it to and after a few minutes I gave in because he kind of was looking a little pale. I did meet SayHello in our mad dash to the car so that was cool. Hi SayHello! Even though by this point "someone" is kind of pulling on my arm, we parked over here, while I'm still talking to SayHello :rotfl: Breakfast people, so weak! hehe And we went to Earl's and he lived, which is a nice thing, and I ran into friends in line which was a little strange but also very fun.
Hey, Lauren! :) It was nice to meet you, too, even if it was brief! :) I totally did not realize you were on a mission of mercy! ;)

Sayhello

So Mrs. Clause (Mama) brought me a Kindle Fire for Christmas. After I expressly told Mrs. Clause that I thought that was too much money to spend on me and to just get me a gift certificate. She didn't listen :yay: I LOVES IT SO MUCH! Anyway, I say that to say this: I found a Tardis cover for it on Etsy. It's so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was just saying last night over dinner how now that the holidays are over we are on a spending freeze until Italy. :teacher: And then I saw a Tardis cover for my Fire! The universe is a cruel, cruel place. :goodvibes

And there's also a Tardis skin! :banana:

Somebody sit on me!

I think we deserve a photo of this!

I just hope they don't make one for the iPad.
il_570xN.294768271.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/listing/8835439...=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Sayhello

So Mrs. Clause (Mama) brought me a Kindle Fire for Christmas. After I expressly told Mrs. Clause that I thought that was too much money to spend on me and to just get me a gift certificate. She didn't listen :yay: I LOVES IT SO MUCH! Anyway, I say that to say this: I found a Tardis cover for it on Etsy. It's so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was just saying last night over dinner how now that the holidays are over we are on a spending freeze until Italy. :teacher: And then I saw a Tardis cover for my Fire! The universe is a cruel, cruel place. :goodvibes

And there's also a Tardis skin! :banana:

Somebody sit on me!

I got a Kindle for Christmas also. I love it, it will be great to have on the trip!

Jason

Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe covers Rome, Travel Channel, 1/3/12, 9:30 am. (Samantha does Verona at 9 am on 1/4/12)

Tivo is set! :goodvibes

The show The Layover recently did Rome. That's a good one to look out for as well. Apparently the best pizza in Rome is in a little place behind the Vatican. Noted! :thumbsup2

Tivo is set! :goodvibes

The show The Layover recently did Rome. That's a good one to look out for as well. Apparently the best pizza in Rome is in a little place behind the Vatican. Noted! :thumbsup2

I saw The Layover as well. Great episode, I loved the segment in the pizza place!

Jason

Did anyone else just realize that we have to have the trip paid for by 2/23? I don't know why that just dawned on me. Wow...second-thinking some of those Christmas presents. ;)

Also...we can now say that we're going to Italy THIS YEAR!! Kevin and John could say that last year and this year but I digress...jealousy is not a good look. :)

Christy: Thanks for the reminder. :eek: But we do get to go to Italy this year! :woohoo: Why does it have to cost so much?! Maybe to make me appreciate it more. :rotfl2:

In unrelated news: Kevin had recommended a show on PBS called Downton Abbey a little while ago, and I finally watched it. I AM hooked! With my Kindle I got free Prime for a month so I was able to watch it for free. The second season starts this Sunday on PBS. I can't wait! It's so good my mom ordered the DVDs for her collection. Just wanted to let folks know in case anyone was looking for a good show. Maggie Smith is in it and she is just so amazing, and funny too!

Jeri finally got a photo taken so I could send it in to update his passport. That only took a solid month of me following him around saying, honey, I filled out all of the paperwork and wrote the check, but truly I cannot just go do the photo part for you! :goodvibes

And because I'm sometimes petty I was a tiny bit thrilled when his photo came back looking like a normal passport photo instead of like an ad for GQ. I generally look annoyed in all passport photos I've ever had. Jeri on the other hand looks like a model for passport photos. People have even said, hey, that photo came out great, and he says something like, yeah, it did come out pretty good. :cool2: But now he looks a little crazy in his passport photo too! Hehe! After 14 years together it really is the little things. Little, small minded, petty things! :cutie:

In other news: I bought some travel sized items at Target, got my adapter/converter situation assessed and ordered a small power strip from Amazon.

Then I listened to the podcast and decided we really must go on the Knights and Lights tour, the Italy tour we're already on, back to Italy for Christmas and then the Dis Cruise after that. Great plan! Off to buy lottery ticket! :dance3:

Just finished listening to the second installment of John and Kevin's report on their December Italy trip...I thought I would be more excited to see Rome / Vatican City but am now more excited for Tuscany / Orvieto (sp?). I love that we're getting a detailed preview before our trip.

Had a crazy carpy day today. The Italy part really lifted my spirits, and, you know, reminded me why I can't storm off and quit my job. :rotfl:

Just finished listening to the second installment of John and Kevin's report on their December Italy trip...I thought I would be more excited to see Rome / Vatican City but am now more excited for Tuscany / Orvieto (sp?). I love that we're getting a detailed preview before our trip.

With each passing week, I become more and more excited for this trip!

I plan on doing the hop on/hop off bus in Rome for the full loop before the start of the ABD (either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning). It sounds like a great way to get an overview of Rome.

I can't wait to see Orvieto, it sounds like everything I imagine Italy to be. I plan on buying things there for people at home...the shipping will come in very handy!

Also really looking forward to experience the highway rest stops, I'm sure it will put the rest stops on the Garden State Parkway and New Jersey Turnpike to shame:)

Jason

With each passing week, I become more and more excited for this trip!

I plan on doing the hop on/hop off bus in Rome for the full loop before the start of the ABD (either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning). It sounds like a great way to get an overview of Rome.

I can't wait to see Orvieto, it sounds like everything I imagine Italy to be. I plan on buying things there for people at home...the shipping will come in very handy!

Also really looking forward to experience the highway rest stops, I'm sure it will put the rest stops on the Garden State Parkway and New Jersey Turnpike to shame:)

Jason

Us too Jason!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter