The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

I've also got to start really researching what I want to do outside of the things included with the Adventure. I didn't research enough for London and Paris. I regret that now. That's not going to happen this time.

I'd be willing to bet that John and I will go looking for the Vampires of Venice. :rolleyes1

I'd be willing to bet that John and I will go looking for the Vampires of Venice. :rolleyes1

Jeri and I are right there with you. Personally, I'm afraid of all of the statues. Imagine if the David were a Weeping Angel. We wouldn't stand a chance! :scared1:

Jack and Cathie are now officially "official".

They are booked with ABD and their names are on the Adventurer's List.

It doesn't get any more "official" than that!

Welcome to the Adventure!!!!!

Welcome Jack and Cathie! Looking forward to meeting you on the trip!!!

Jason

Howdy from Hawaii!

I have not added the additional nights that have been requested, but will do that as soon as I get home.

Glad you are finding good air prices.

Will gather all hat info next week.

Have a great weekend!

Flights are booked!!!:banana:

US Airways...Atlanta to Charlotte to Rome (arriving on the 23rd)
US Airways...Venice to Philadelphia to Atlanta

Paid under $1000...fabulous!

Great price Christy!
I just booked our flights on Delta/Alitalia - paid under $1000 too! :cool1:

Man, you guys are so lucky getting such fabulous airfares this year!

Sayhello

Jeri and I are right there with you. Personally, I'm afraid of all of the statues. Imagine if the David were a Weeping Angel. We wouldn't stand a chance! :scared1:

Add another Dr. Who fan to the list. The Weeping Angels are my favorite.

Karen - I wish I could have found Delta for less than $1000. Great find!

One day makes a huge difference in our fare. Leaving 5/22 v 5/23 saves almost $600 per person. :headache:

Thank you for the heads-up on this! I had planned to leave on 5/23, but leaving 5/22 saved me a lot of money! Overall (including the pre-night, food, incidental expenses), it will cost me less to arrive Wednesday rather than Thursday. Needless to say, I am very excited!

Jason

Rick Steves' podcast (released today) interviews Washington University (St. Louis) Art History professor William E, Wallace who has written: Michelangelo, The Artist, the Man and his Times

And if Rick Steves puts you to sleep :-)rolleyes1), Wallace has done several podcasts discussing Michelangelo's works. These are available at the Cambridge University Press website or in iTunes (search for the podcast using the name of the book). While iTunes and the website include photographs of the art works being discussed, iTunes won't let me download the two latest podcasts.

Hi Folks,

I just returned home from being away and went to retrieve the file I kep of everyone requesting additional pre or post nights.

I'm sorry to say that the file was accidentally deleted and I can not access it.

If you requested pre or post nights in the last week, would you please email me again?

i apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Kevin

Adventures ! You might already know this but thought it was really worth sharing.

Hope all have registered on the Adventures By Disney Insiders program site. I just noticed that for all ABD adventures who are traveling on their 3rd or more ABD trip, that ABD will provide Transportation - TO the Airport from your HOME and FROM the Airport back to your HOME. :banana:
AT NO additional COST !

If you did not register - you can still do it but you have to book your transportation (to and from) the airport to your home by 2/29/2012 for our May Adventure.

ABD uses BLS Transportation Services and provides a Limo or Town Car for your trip. This service is provide around the world and they will take you to and from the airport providing it's within 2 hours from your home.

Once you register - then call 877-728-7282, Pacific Standard time ( sorry I didn't think to ask them for the international number :eek: ) you will need to provide them with your flight information at the time that you book. ( I spoke to Melody, she was very nice and answered all of my questions! )

I thought that this was worth mentioning as sometimes getting to the airport is more difficult than getting to the trip destination.

Opps ! forgot - You must have traveled on the two prior ABD trips between Jan 4, 2005 and August 30, 2011 in order to get this transportation package. If in doubt - Call 877-728-7282 .

Adventures ! You might already know this but thought it was really worth sharing.

Hope all have registered on the Adventures By Disney Insiders program site. I just noticed that for all ABD adventures who are traveling on their 3rd or more ABD trip, that ABD will provide Transportation - TO the Airport from your HOME and FROM the Airport back to your HOME. :banana:
AT NO additional COST !

If you did not register - you can still do it but you have to book your transportation (to and from) the airport to your home by 2/29/2012 for our May Adventure.

ABD uses BLS Transportation Services and provides a Limo or Town Car for your trip. This service is provide around the world and they will take you to and from the airport providing it's within 2 hours from your home.

Once you register - then call 877-728-7282, Pacific Standard time ( sorry I didn't think to ask them for the international number :eek: ) you will need to provide them with your flight information at the time that you book. ( I spoke to Melody, she was very nice and answered all of my questions! )

I thought that this was worth mentioning as sometimes getting to the airport is more difficult than getting to the trip destination.

Thank you for the info on this! I'm going to be using it to get to Newark and then home from JFK, it eliminates the worry of getting to the airport!

Jason

Just wanted to pass along something regarding flights...

I checked my flight itinerary for the trip to see if there were any time changes since purchasing. It turned out that the Alitalia flight from Newark-Rome (Delta code share) on 5/22 had been cancelled, and of course Alitalia had not notified me.

Thankfully, Delta had a flight from JFK-Rome the same day that I was able to be moved to, and I was able to get one of the Economy Comfort seats :)

I have learned that it is good to be proactive when it comes to the airlines, and to check flight itineraries on a regular basis.

Jason

Jason: Good catch on the airline thing, and thanks for the reminder. Is it any wonder that airlines have a PR problem. If it didn't take so long (and money) I would totally take a cruise ship just to avoid the hassle.

Found an Angles and Demons tour that we're thinking about for our early arrival day. I really love sculpture and there's a heck of a lot of it in the movie that's really amazing. Just thought I would pitch that out there in case it might interest anyone else.

Anyone else going to be at Dis-Harry Potter in two weeks? We CANNOT wait! :banana:

Jason: Good catch on the airline thing, and thanks for the reminder. Is it any wonder that airlines have a PR problem. If it didn't take so long (and money) I would totally take a cruise ship just to avoid the hassle.

Found an Angles and Demons tour that we're thinking about for our early arrival day. I really love sculpture and there's a heck of a lot of it in the movie that's really amazing. Just thought I would pitch that out there in case it might interest anyone else.

Anyone else going to be at Dis-Harry Potter in two weeks? We CANNOT wait! :banana:

Lauren the Angels & Demons tour sound slik eit might interest us. I can not wait to go to ITALY
My mom & I will be at Disapalooza too!!:cool1:

Happy 48th, Doctor.

While this is almost completely off the topic of Italy, I thought some in this group would appreciate the sentiment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter