The DIS Dad's Club IX - The Fastest Moving Thread Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well put a small barn in the backyard and get a cow. The kids can milk it every morning cause it builds character :lmao:
We'd do chickens but my HOA wouldn't allow it. We know several people that raise chickens and none of them are the type of people you expect.

Might as well put a small barn in the backyard and get a cow. The kids can milk it every morning cause it builds character :lmao:

Don't forget your own chickens! I'm told they create fabulous eggs. (over and over and over and over and over ad naseum)

My DW grew up raising chickens and is so very mad at our HOA that they won't allow her to have chickens. I swear if I hear one more time from her (note the qualifier there nemesis and any one else) about the evils of our HOA and about the wonders of having your own eggs straight from the source... I'm going to blow a gasket.

Time to start churning the butter. As someone who grew up a few miles from an Amish settlement, don't let them fool you on their lifestyle. They do not have electricity, but will take a car battery and run a radio or tv off of it. They also equip their buggies with cd players and speakers. I drove past one last summer and the driver was jamming to AC/DC no lie :confused3

Well they don't use interstates, so maybe they thought Highway to ... was instructional?:confused3

Don't forget your own chickens! I'm told they create fabulous eggs. (over and over and over and over and over ad naseum)

My DW grew up raising chickens and is so very mad at our HOA that they won't allow her to have chickens. I swear if I hear one more time from her (note the qualifier there nemesis and any one else) about the evils of our HOA and about the wonders of having your own eggs straight from the source... I'm going to blow a gasket.

Yes they make eggs, but their egg laying life is only about 3 years then they become grill fodder. I'd have a hard time given our kids "pets" that they have to decapitate every 3 years.

Dads.....drum roll please.....I got the job....

Ok, let me elaborate, I got a verbal offer and was told that a proposal, including start date (either Mid-May or Early June) in the next week or so.

Salary is exactly where I was before losing my old job back in June.

We are extremely excited, but are holding back on full on celebrations until I have the written offer in hand, that and DW's boss approves her transfer to Orlando.

DW decided to scrap the Fed job in Indy due to concerns over future budgets. It just doesn't seem as secure as it once was.

So, I guess I may actually be taking on the role of DisDad Welcome Mat.

Mind you, while I should be looking into homes, I think I'll start by researching annual passes as well as planning our visits in a way as to not kill the magic by giving into temptation and going over board......

GREAT NEWS!!!!
:banana:

Not to be overly competitive here...but of course, we are guys... but I just had to go searching for a moment. I remembered that there is a Dis Mom's Club thread, started in earlyish 2010 that I do believe several of our illustrious member's wives post in from time to time... well I just went over to see where they are and which version they were up to. Let me just say WOW. They've been posting for over a year now. And are up to page 50. :surfweb: A bit slower than us I'd say. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: We definitely are a chatty bunch - and witnessing today - I sure am a leader of the pack. :guilty: :cool2: :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2 pirate:

I don't know if I should laugh or cry!!! :lmao:

Did everyone update the links in their signatures to the NEW "Fastest Moving Thread" ...

I was reading the last thread and finally realized I couldn't respond to anything and had to go looking for this one!!! :confused3

What a fun day. Still not 24 hours and we're at page 35. :cool2:

I repeat....
I don't know if I should laugh or cry!!! :lmao:

That is fantastic news.....the job news too :thumbsup2

I am excited and happy for you and your family.

A word of advice....I would look at homes with at least four bedrooms, their are alot of us. And I am not sure if anyone wants to bunk with Barry and his supersonic cheese and bacon induced booms :lmao::lmao:

Don't forget the pool. We have to have a large pool. Screened in too. If you think about it (Hint, hint, Nudge nudge) why not add a wet bar. Thought about a hot tub but there are enough in this forum that can turn anyplace in the pool into a Jacuzzi.

Congratulations on the offer. Keep us posted as things progress.

Same here. My wife even found a company that sells "cute" hen houses. I prefer my chieckens to be raised by the Colonel :thumbsup2

Don't forget the pool. We have to have a large pool. Screened in too. If you think about it (Hint, hint, Nudge nudge) why not add a wet bar. Thought about a hot tub but there are enough in this forum that can turn anyplace in the pool into a Jacuzzi.

Congratulations on the offer. Keep us posted as things progress.

And we really need a really BIG tv.

Seconded... If the opportunity is looking at another disdad in bathing suit or Almost any movie ever on a big tv, my vote is big tv.

NEW MAN LAW.....no DIsDad will wear a speedo...ever.......especially to a DisDads meet.

The only exception is if Mark Spitz or Michael Phelps (since they have already worn one) decide to join the group.

Can I get a second?????

NEW MAN LAW.....no DIsDad will wear a speedo...ever.......especially to a DisDads meet.

The only exception is if Mark Spitz or Michael Phelps (since they have already worn one) decide to join the group.

Can I get a second?????

Second, third and fourth.

Can I get a second?????

I really don't want to see them in a speedo either. Switch sports to tennis, and Anna Kournikova can wear a speedo to a Dis Dad meet.

Can I get a second?????

I believe it would take one seriously powerful bribe to even get most of the DisDads to even consider the possibility of showing up for a meet in a speedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter