The Dis Dad's Club III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how long has this whole internet/chat room/blogging thing been around? 10-15 years, right? In all that time, I've avoided online communities. I don't see the point in putting an opinion out there only to see it misinterpreted and torn to shreds by people who probably wouldn't have the guts to say these things in person. <<<(My opinions of chat rooms in general, not the DisDads) This week I've been reminded why I feel that way. I've loosely followed that "WDW bus passenger" thread for a few days. Man, what a bunch on nonsense over there. :headache: Pretty catty. There's a reason why I just stick the DISDad thread. It's safer over here. Fed posts a reasonable, gentlemanly thought and gets strung up for it.

Fed- hats off to you and I hope you're packin' heat!:wave2:

Oh I'm used to it......

NO WAY any of them face off with me in person....not a chance--even if they wanted to:cool2::cool2:

I just couldn't resist.......:confused3:rotfl2::rotfl2:

And yeah, I pack heat.....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I was up in Richmond this weekend by the way---still snow on the ground, my morning jogs were cooooollldddd:eek:

Oh I'm used to it......

NO WAY any of them face off with me in person....not a chance--even if they wanted to:cool2::cool2:

I just couldn't resist.......:confused3:rotfl2::rotfl2:

And yeah, I pack heat.....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I was up in Richmond this weekend by the way---still snow on the ground, my morning jogs were cooooollldddd:eek:

Funny how a bunch of Dads join in to the thread and make some sensible comments and things seem to have settled down a bit. I find people get thier backs up for the strangest things in some of these threads.

I had to jump in on the 'bus standing' thread. LOL

Usually when I get in these debates, I get flamed. Let's see what happens here. Although I believe I was very nice and wasn't directing my comments at anybody. ;)

Guys Nice Job on that bus thread:thumbsup2, I glanced over it and it seems no matter what you say there, they want to argue:confused3 Some people are just bitter:headache:

So how long has this whole internet/chat room/blogging thing been around? 10-15 years, right? In all that time, I've avoided online communities. I don't see the point in putting an opinion out there only to see it misinterpreted and torn to shreds by people who probably wouldn't have the guts to say these things in person. <<<(My opinions of chat rooms in general, not the DisDads) This week I've been reminded why I feel that way. I've loosely followed that "WDW bus passenger" thread for a few days. Man, what a bunch on nonsense over there. :headache: Pretty catty. There's a reason why I just stick the DISDad thread. It's safer over here. Fed posts a reasonable, gentlemanly thought and gets strung up for it.

Fed- hats off to you and I hope you're packin' heat!:wave2:

Something tells me Fed can take care of himself. :thumbsup2

It is amazing how bold people get when they're online. All civility goes straight out the window. I used to have a blog and shut it down for that very reason...just wasn't worth the aggravation! :sad2:

This thread started on 1/7 and we're up to 1468 posts. That bus venting thread has been around since 2/17 and they're up to 473 already. The force is strong with this one.:darth:

Something tells me Fed can take care of himself. :thumbsup2

It is amazing how bold people get when they're online. All civility goes straight out the window. I used to have a blog and shut it down for that very reason...just wasn't worth the aggravation! :sad2:

Worse comes to worse, I'll sick the Dancing Federalies on them....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

****oh my God, did I just say that???????****

It is funny.. In my TR I had a little rant about people standing on busses. I won't post the whole post but this was taken from:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34199390&postcount=306

We got back to the room, showered, and finished getting ready. We packed our costumes because it was 91 and humid out and I wasn't going to be walking around with long sleeves on for hours before the party. We walked out of the room at 3:20 to head over to the bus stop.

On the way over-

DSC06504.jpg

We were at the bus stop for only a few minutes when the MK bus pulled up. There were 4 guys who sat down in 4 seats next to each other. The bus was getting packed and I couldn't understand why they didn't get up and let some women and kids sit down. I understand that some people can't stand for what ever reason... but all 4 of them? Anyways.. I was standing and Mel was holding Juliana. I couldn't really see them since they were sitting towards the rear of the bus. I was enjoying the ride and we were about to enter the gates to MK.

DSC06505.jpg

I had to stop reading that thread on the buses. Some of those people are amazing. How in the world is it not a natural function to help out a fellow person? I am sitting here shaking my head in disbelief at some of the comments that I read on that thread. Thankfullly I belong to a group that holds their values at a much higher standard!

GOOD JOB DADS!!!!!

About that whole "giving up your seat" thing.... If you've just finished drinking around the world, do you stand, sit, lie down? What sayeth the MAN LAW?

Worse comes to worse, I'll sick the Dancing Federalies on them....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

****oh my God, did I just say that???????****

That would really mess them up:lmao: They would burn a couple pages trying to figure it out.

Although the Dancing Federalies will give up a seat for anyone, just for the opp. to dance on the bus:banana::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Am I breaking a rule if I'm a woman and just popped my head into this thread to say "thanks" to the DisDads?? saw some of the posts in the "bus" thread and it is just soooo nice to know there are still REAL men in this world!

You guys are much more rational than us women....(usually);)

Recliners, Beer and Trampolines:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

GOD I LOVED THAT SHOW:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I believe I shall....

Nicely done DisneyFed. I would've done it myself, but I was concerned that my posting it might have created some "who does that newbie think he is" chaff that could have buried the message. :thanks:

Oh, and I'm not sure that I've mentioned it, but I'm a "Fed" of sorts too. :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter