• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dis Dad's Club II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't bring myself to finance DVC points, I want to pay cash and be done with it. .:woohoo::woohoo:

Good idea, whether it's the basement or not. Don't finance DVC. We saved and purchased outright. It takes a while, but if you finance, you run the risk of buyer's remorse every month when you make a payment. And, I don't want to have remorse when I think about my vacation. I want to buy some additional points at another resort, but have to save up for it first.

So I'm packing my gear now, as I get ready to check out of my studio at VGC here in the next half hour. Have been sitting with my slider door open listening to all of the pre-opening ride checks over in DCA (they opened just a few moments ago at 10 today). I'll be then heading over to my SIL's house for the duration as I hang with my nephews. Then, unfortunately, I don't get to go home yet, as my time away from home has been extended. This week I got the 'bonus' of getting to fly to Atlanta and inventory / set-up that office as the VP there is no longer in our company's employ. Add the fact that that office had just physically moved the week prior, it'll be fun times I'm sure. Not only do I get to ensure everything that should be there is, and replace anything that's not, I also get the fun of setting up a new space. This will be the third office I've physically set up in my 9 years with the company - so they definitely like/trust my way of doing it. But it extends my time away from home from 8 nights to 12. My DW and kids are NOT happy right now. BUT, at the same time, as my DW said on the phone earlier in the week after a day of texting back and forth about the change in plans, she's thankful that I still have a job, so we agreed to not overly complain about the extra time away - grumble a bit maybe, but not complain.

I have a "few" more photos that I want to share with y'all (I'm getting into my ATL speak now) - but it'll have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow. Have a great weekend guys.

Stopher thanks for all the great pics and back story. I am looking forward to getting one of those maps. Sorry you are away from home a few extra days, but we are all glad you still have a job.:thumbsup2

Good idea, whether it's the basement or not. Don't finance DVC. We saved and purchased outright. It takes a while, but if you finance, you run the risk of buyer's remorse every month when you make a payment. And, I don't want to have remorse when I think about my vacation. I want to buy some additional points at another resort, but have to save up for it first.

I am with you. I don't want monthly payments, and I want to reach the value point quickly,(when I am spending less per vacation), so I definitely do not want to pay interest. I am going to start with 100 points, and add small contracts of 25 or 50 points. That way if I ever want to sell, or need to sell (I doubt I will), it will be much easier to break up and sell instead of trying to sell 250 points all together.:thumbsup2

Stopher thanks for all the great pics and back story. I am looking forward to getting one of those maps. Sorry you are away from home a few extra days, but we are all glad you still have a job.:thumbsup2

I am with you. I don't want monthly payments, and I want to reach the value point quickly,(when I am spending less per vacation), so I definitely do not want to pay interest. I am going to start with 100 points, and add small contracts of 25 or 50 points. That way if I ever want to sell, or need to sell (I doubt I will), it will be much easier to break up and sell instead of trying to sell 250 points all together.:thumbsup2

Me too, Christian! Knowing the income stream is still there is a good thing! :) Although I must say, several of us "old timers" (I've been with my company 9 years last Tuesday) were joking a little bit that really, no one is anything but temporary - this was coming from one of our Sr VP's, who said she's a 15 yr termpoary employee. :laughing: The guy that lost is job was an 8 1/2 yr temporary guy. Sad, but true - you just never know when the winds will change, I guess.

Our initial purchase was direct from Disney at 160, but each of our adds have been small, from 50-100. Our next one will be another 50 or so - all for resale should that ever need to happen for one reason or another.

I'll get those maps out to you after I get back to Indy. I figured if nothing else, they can help you as you plan for your spring trip to understand the lay of the land, restaurants, etc. Plus they're just plain fun to look at, I think. :)

Stopher: Way cool pics and cool update. I think we have to get out to the "Wrong Coast" sooner or later:lmao::lmao:

Disney Daddy-O: The Bass Fisherman has been ice fishing.....once....in Minnesota....dude it was COOOOOOOLLLLDDD. Our Trainer at was from U of Minn. Told me how warm it was in the Cabin (his name was Danielsson--like the vikings...LOL)......Yup, the southern boy froze...but I had a REALLY good time. It was like a whole little village on the ice---burn barrels and all.

I had a blast:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

But I would NOT want to live there.

GO HERD!!! steve, nice pics of nyc on facebook. look like you guys had a nice time. dw is going monday again, she no longer has to carry her laptop, she has her own office.:eek: she is not to happy about it. i told her about the pickpocket thing, she said you can pick a tourist out with no problem, they are allways walking slow and looking up.:lmao: some people would love the chance to work in the city, she hates it. now shopping there is another story!:lmao: glad you had a good time!

Glad you enjoyed looking at the pictures. It is funny that you should mention her being able to pick out the tourists ha ha...because I told Shari we were like the Clampetts going to the big city I am sure ha ha.:cool1:

Have we hit our 400th member yet?

All you new members don't forget that we have a facebook group also!!! JOin us there also!!

I found a neat website about a week before our last trip. presscoins.com it shows all the designs of the pressed pennies and quarters and location of each machine at the WDW parks & resorts. I never realized they had so many.:confused3

I found a neat website about a week before our last trip. presscoins.com it shows all the designs of the pressed pennies and quarters and location of each machine at the WDW parks & resorts. I never realized they had so many.:confused3

Good Find!:thumbsup2

I am keeping this to have readily available for the next trip. I never knew where they all were not to mention that they retire them from time to time. My son loves to make these and it is a cheap souvenier!:cool1:

Good Find!:thumbsup2

I am keeping this to have readily available for the next trip. I never knew where they all were not to mention that they retire them from time to time. My son loves to make these and it is a cheap souvenier!:cool1:

I wrote down the locations of the ones my son would like, alot of them are in gift shops, was able to escape with only spending 51 cents instead of a 10 spot many times.:lmao::woohoo::goodvibes

stopher, just catching up with your monorail pictures. Looks very cool! If only DL wasn't 3,000 miles away...

Holy cow, our December trip is filling up. Originally we had planned to go with a friend from high school and her son (he's the same age as our DD) and get a 2 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom.
Now one of DW's friends got excited about us going in December and she's planning a trip for the same time. They got to talking (you know how wives are...) and now it looks like it will be the 4 of us, our friend and her son, and DW's friend, boyfriend and son.
Disney claims the 2 bedrooms at AKV sleep 9. We'll put that to a test in December. :scared1::crowded:

Holy cow, our December trip is filling up. Originally we had planned to go with a friend from high school and her son (he's the same age as our DD) and get a 2 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom.
Now one of DW's friends got excited about us going in December and she's planning a trip for the same time. They got to talking (you know how wives are...) and now it looks like it will be the 4 of us, our friend and her son, and DW's friend, boyfriend and son.
Disney claims the 2 bedrooms at AKV sleep 9. We'll put that to a test in December. :scared1::crowded:

Hey Barry.. I'm jealous! Are you guys driving or flying this time? How long are you going for? My DW told me yesterday that we are going to Disney in December next year so we can see everything decorated for Christmas. I think she is a bigger Disney nut than I am. :rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds ... ummmm ... crowded! I'll definitely be keeping you and your family is my prayers :thumbsup2

Hey Barry.. I'm jealous! Are you guys driving or flying this time? How long are you going for? My DW told me yesterday that we are going to Disney in December next year so we can see everything decorated for Christmas. I think she is a bigger Disney nut than I am. :rotfl::rotfl:

We're driving again. We can make it in just about 24 hours. With some careful food planning and packing, we can make the trip on about $250 each way - including gas. Compare that with airfare for 4, plus it would cost to board the 2 dogs for the vacation, and we come out pretty far ahead.

We're going for a week (Dec 3 - 11). Sadly, our time for 2 week vacations has come and gone since Madison is starting kindergarten in the fall. We don't mind pulling her out for week, but two is just too much.

We've been there in the first week of December twice already. Low crowds, good weather.

:lmao: barry, if you need to escape, we will be at old key west. the three of us are in a two bedroom. fyi, im not giving up my side of the king size bed!:lmao:

Been away for a bit,so I just stopped in to say hello to all.Back to planning my trip for summer of 2010

We will most likely be in WDW , Dec 5 - 11 2010. Have to wait for vacations to be approved at end of Jan. from work, but with 22yrs in I don't foresee a problem:woohoo:

FreezinRafiki - I have a family tie in WI. My Aunt used to own a bar in West Salem, she sold it a few years ago and now lives in Sparta.

FreezinRafiki - I have a family tie in WI. My Aunt used to own a bar in West Salem, she sold it a few years ago and now lives in Sparta.

I'm quite familiar with that area. I went to college in La Crosse and would drive through both of those towns on my way back home.

Rumor has it that AT&T stole their marketing campaign from the Wisconsin Department of Tourism. You know, the one that says "More Bars in More Places." :drinking1 :rotfl2:

We're driving again. We can make it in just about 24 hours. With some careful food planning and packing, we can make the trip on about $250 each way - including gas. Compare that with airfare for 4, plus it would cost to board the 2 dogs for the vacation, and we come out pretty far ahead.

Do you board the dogs at WDW? DW is finally starting to cave about getting dogs but one of the last arguments is what will we do with them now that we are going to WDW a couple of times a year.

Another plus to driving is not having to rely on the park transportation. It's a great system but trying to get from Downtown Disney to Pop Century with 3 bags of stuff, a folding stroller, and a sleeping 3 y/o just about killed me.

Holy cow, depending on my schedule, we may be down there in December next year too....wow...regular ole DisDad's party:cool1::cool1::lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter