The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't all states have a 180 school day law?

I believe so.....we in the LPS school system don't have as many school year breaks as the rest of you seem to. We have about 8 school days at Christmas time and a week in the spring and a few days here and there.

But it works for us!!!

I really need to go to bed! The meeting went will yesterday or um...Monday as it's already Wednesday now...I will post more details later.

Just a real quick update on my Mom. She has finally started participating in activities at the nursing home even a few "field trips". She's even putting on lipstick which is HUGE as she wasn't getting out of bed or dressed. Seems there is a new male resident.:rotfl: We are all so happy that she's finally participating in life again! She looks so much better too!

that's wonderful news!!

I believe so.....we in the LPS school system don't have as many school year breaks as the rest of you seem to. We have about 8 school days at Christmas time and a week in the spring and a few days here and there.

But it works for us!!!

That sounds good to me. We just received our 2007-2008 calendar.

We start September 5th (Wednesday after Labor Day). We don't get out until June 27th! We have one day for Columbus Day, a day for Veteran's Day, three days at Thanksgiving, 7 days at Christmas, MLK's birthday (very late this year), a week in February, 3 days at Easter, a week in April, and Memorial Day. I would gladly give my February week back for a week less at the end of the year. I'd give back the April week if that could be taken off the end of the year, too.

You know, I had heard that school was supposed to be in session 180 days but our semesters are shorter than 90 days each. I don't know how they get around that.:confused3

Vicki & Chuck,
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!
7.gif

I love this one so I am quoting it!!

Happy anniversary Chuck & Vicki!!

I am officially on summer vacation! The last 3 recitals are done and I am in my PJs...

:cool1: :cool1: :dance3: :woohoo

That is awesome news! Enjoy your time off. :goodvibes

I had the best surprise tonight. Bob was supposed to come over this evening. I told him I'd be home around 7:30 and we agreed 8 would be a good time for him to come by. So at 7:20 I'm pulling into my driveway and Alyssa yells "Bob's here!" (She sees his car in the driveway). That wonderful man came over as soon as he dropped his dd off and started mowing my grass for me. He sure knows the way to my heart! ;) :goodvibes :love: So of course I change clothes and go out and help, but it is so nice having it done. I was wondering how I was going to get it all done since I'm working late all week. And with TS Barry that came through over the weekend it seems to have revived the growing.

Now I'm going to bed.

What a nice guy!

Garrett & Riley's teams both won their games tonight, so the long day was well worth it! Tomorrow won't be as bad, Garrett only has practice & Riley has a game at 7.

Thanks for all the prayers for Butch. I wish I had good news to report. Kathy had left a message, so I called & talked to her when I got home. Butch had surgery for a blockage to his heart, but he is still in a coma. The problem is that he was not breathing for 5-10 minutes before they revived him. They are going to wait 24 hours to see if he comes out of it. If not they will do a cat scan & see what his chances are for recovery. I am hoping & praying with all my heart that he comes back. His wife & grandson both need him. About 3 years ago Butch's son hung himself because his wife left him. Butch was the one to find him. They now have custody of their grandson. It is just to sad :(

Please keep them all in your thoughts. Hopefully tomorrow I will have good news.

Congrats to the boys on their games. More prayers sent for Butch and his family. Any new news?

ooo before i leave..i just had to print out an unofficial transcript and i noticed they had updated my GPA..so my final gpa for college is 3.506..i thought that was pretty good so i had to share!

Great news! CONGRATS!

ooo im so excited tonight--theres a free country concert this weekend with some big names and i was supposed to go with my cousin--she just called to say she ended up not being able to go and since they were her friends tickets--plans are off..well i just IMed my friend and i think were going to go...but my day gets better ...

Keith Urban is one of my favorites and hes coming to concert in August-i didnt get tickets becuase of the money factor this summer...Alyssa 's nurse just called me that she has a pair of tickets and cant go and do i want them..so im waiting for her to call back!

im quite happy tonight!
I love Keith Urban's music, and he's not bad on the eyes either! ;)

Hello!!!!

We just got home from Daniel's baseball game.

I went to the weigh in today I am a down 2lbs this week. 26 total.
6.gif

WTG! Great job!

So Jim needs all of your prayers....he asked for more responsibility so I gave him the responsibility of making the reservations (that we've already payed for) for our first part of the trip......at the same time I did our Disney reservations....I asked him today to make sure he made reservations....he can't even find the paperwork :scared1: and no reservations have been made.

He tells me this after I had an icky, no good, just plain rotten day!!:mad:

I hope he found the info and that your day got better!

So last night I was positive about this job, however I am no longer quite so positive. The more I looked at this job and potential locations for any of the 5 positions, the more it is looking like I will definitely need to move in order to take any of these positions and it might not be for me. Any of these positions would be like a minimum of an hour commute without traffic. Add traffic and it suddenly increases to about an hour and a half or longer depending on location. Lets just say a 3-4 hour daily commute is not what I would like. I need to research all of these areas more to see about potentially moving to these places. Did I mention they told me they would like to have a decision for these positions by Friday.

Plus another negative is I most likely will not get to work with the girls very much and instead will be working with adults. Plus I would no longer be eligible to volunteer, which is what I pretty much figured. This is not a major deal but something for me to contemplate.

I did talk to the interviewer more today and she discussed with more about the job and the possibility of the two other locations. Still no talks about salary, benefits or anything of that sort. So not sure how I can say if I am interested considering those factors may automatically make me decide this is not for me. As if I don't move I may go broke buying gas, but I might not be able to afford the areas in which I would potentially be moving if I were to decide to take any of the jobs. Everything is pretty much speculation though at this point.

I guess all I can say for now is tell them I am interested in any of the 5 positions and just go from there. The positions are the same just at different locations.

I'm off to bed to hopefully sleep and not spend all night in bed just thinking about this.

Hope everyone had a great day. Thank you for listening to me try and figure out this whole thing.:hug:

:grouphug: to you and some :wizard: as well. I agree that you should be able to ask about the salary, as that will have a huge bearing on moving/cost of living etc. I hope it all works out.

4.gif

CHUCK & VICKI

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

25 years and still countin!!!!

I loved this, so am using it. Happy Anniversary!

Here's some pics from tonight. It was Stephanie's preschool graduation. Click to enlarge

She is so photogenic. Thanks for sharing!

I really need to go to bed! The meeting went will yesterday or um...Monday as it's already Wednesday now...I will post more details later.

Just a real quick update on my Mom. She has finally started participating in activities at the nursing home even a few "field trips". She's even putting on lipstick which is HUGE as she wasn't getting out of bed or dressed. Seems there is a new male resident.:rotfl: We are all so happy that she's finally participating in life again! She looks so much better too!

Fabulous news!

Happy (belated) birthday, Daniel!!!!

Sorry I missed this. Hope he had a great birthday!

Lindsay and Elizabeth -- so, have the mosquitoes carried you off yet? I swear they are swarning worse than love bugs! Between the mold/fungus count due to rain and the mosquitoes, I'm ready to pull my hair out!

Have a great day, DDA!

You know, I had heard that school was supposed to be in session 180 days but our semesters are shorter than 90 days each. I don't know how they get around that.:confused3
Do you only have 3 grading periods? We have 4, every 9 weeks, or every 45 days, which is 180 days/year.

It's actually in teaching hours......the equivalent of 180 school days...I can't remember the exact amount but that's what our district had the worst time working up the schedule to add the time for PLG (professional learning groups...extra planning time for teachers).

Thank you all for your comments on Stephanie! :love:

Yay, good news!!

Isn't anyone around to dance with me???

:dance3: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

Is the Christmas ticker new?? Is that why we're dancing? :dance3:

Tammi - We have 6 marking period of 6 weeks each. When I lived in FL they had 4 marking periods of 9 weeks each. I just tried to look at the calendar because it says how many days are in each semester, but the link doesn't work.:rolleyes: Why would I expect anything more? I have the calendar printed out at home for maximum efficiency in Disney planning. I'll have to look at it tonight. I'm not sure if it is better to have 6 weeks or 9 weeks. With 6 weeks you get a clean slate sooner, but with 9 weeks you have more time to offset bad grades with better ones.:confused3

Is the Christmas ticker new?? Is that why we're dancing? :dance3:
Ding Ding Ding!!! Kelli is the winner! Today was the first day that you could make ressies at AKV for non-owners. I called right at 9, which took a while to get through, waited on hold for 10-15 minutes, and was able to get a ressie for the dates that I wanted. I was hoping for a savannah view but had to settle for a standard. It's better than nothing though.

Ding Ding Ding!!! Kelli is the winner! Today was the first day that you could make ressies at AKV for non-owners. I called right at 9, which took a while to get through, waited on hold for 10-15 minutes, and was able to get a ressie for the dates that I wanted. I was hoping for a savannah view but had to settle for a standard. It's better than nothing though.

Woohoo!!! Does that mean you're taking me with? :lmao:

Congrats on the Christmas trip, Tammi! I just checked airfare again and it is still $438 per person so we are still staying home!:rotfl2: But it is also that price for January, which I feel pretty sure will come down when SW releases their next chunk of rates.

Marci - The mosquitoes are HORRIBLE! My bosses have that misting system but it isn't helping! And now they have rodents in the house.:eek: :scared: There have been mice (or rats) in the poolhouse for awhile, and the pest control guy keeps putting bait out for them. The day before yesterday I heard something in a cabinet next to the fireplace, but I didn't see anything in there. Yesterday I discovered that *something* has been in there. It ate 2 packets of hot chocolate mix, so the cabinet is full of cocoa powder and rat poo. YUCK!! The exterminator is coming on Friday.

Tammi - We have 6 marking period of 6 weeks each. When I lived in FL they had 4 marking periods of 9 weeks each. I just tried to look at the calendar because it says how many days are in each semester, but the link doesn't work.:rolleyes: Why would I expect anything more? I have the calendar printed out at home for maximum efficiency in Disney planning. I'll have to look at it tonight. I'm not sure if it is better to have 6 weeks or 9 weeks. With 6 weeks you get a clean slate sooner, but with 9 weeks you have more time to offset bad grades with better ones.:confused3

Our elementary and high schools have 4 marking periods. Our middle school has 6. I think that I like the 4 better, but I must agree it is nice to have more chances at a fresh start. With the short marking periods, though, one bad grade can really pull an average down. Which is exactly what you said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter